Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? (33691 Views)

Two Kenyan Women Swap Their Husbands To Find Happiness (video) / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside / Woman Flees Home In Owerri With Her Children Over Husband's Bad Attitude. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by DeLaRue: 8:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
[quote author=Solofresh2 post=107504285] I have said it before and I will say it again
The only unconditional love women has is for their kids.

Absolutely not true.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Saintmary(f): 8:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
DeLaRue:
Personally, I have not found that to be the case.

My wife sometimes says she's the only woman she knows who loves her husband more than her children. She says her love for me increases everyday. I ask, why,...she says she can't explain, that I should just accept it. My in-laws call her 'Ruth.' Everybody around us knows nothing comes before her husband. By the way, my wife absolutely loves our kids. 1000%. She'll go any distance for them.

The children her the same. They absolutely love mummy and daddy.

May be I am just lucky.

Saying that, I live for my wife and children. We do a lot together. I am happiest when I am at home, so you won't find me at a party, joint, or with friends. I am proud of my wife. There is openness in everything we do. My wife is a star. A gem. An independent, progressive, yet supremely homely lady. Her joy, happiness and emotional wellbeing are my priorities. She knows it and it is perhaps unsurprising that she envelops me with such intense love , affection, and friendship.

A woman can love her children and husband equally. But don't expect her to give what she doesn't receive. Many man also forget that children in their innocence requite unconditional love, and the person most likely to be the recipient of such love is the one that takes the most care of them...usually the mother. What happens when the mother receives such unconditional love from the kids, and her husband is a frumpy, uncaring, unfriendly partner. Well, it is inevitable that her love will flow towards the children. The good news for all men is that this state of affairs is not inevitable. It doesn't have to happen if you do the right things.

Words on marble:

A WOMAN CANNOT GIVE WHAT SHE HAS NOT RECEIVED!
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kazeemakeem(m): 8:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
[quote author=PrimadonnaO post=107499040]

Questions like this aren't nice.

I want to refute it and say women don't love their children more than their husbands. But how can I know? I don't have either. cheesy

But I already know that there's nothing I wouldn't do for my children.

At the same time, I also know that I must make effort to not let my children become a priority over the husband I married for myself. cheesy Because no matter what, those children will move on with their lives.

I mean that's the point anyway, the whole raising and grooming is so they're able to lead their lives away from us in the future. [/quote

Marry me na]
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
petitejolie:
Children won't cheat on you but husbands will, children are guaranteed to be yours forever but u see husbands dey can disgrace you.
They won't or they can't because children like that grow up thinking their allegiance has to lie with their mom in all things even when they know she is wrong. Imagine raising kids to pick sides in the marriage. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
DeLaRue:

Personally, I have not found that to be the case.

My wife sometimes says she's the only woman she knows who loves her husband more than her children. She says her love for me increases everyday. I ask, why,...she says she can't explain, that I should just accept it. My in-laws call her 'Ruth.' Everybody around us knows nothing comes before her husband. By the way, my wife absolutely loves our kids. 1000%. She'll go any distance for them.

The children her the same. They absolutely love mummy and daddy.

May be I am just lucky.

Saying that, I live for my wife and children. We do a lot together. I am happiest when I am at home, so you won't find me at a party, joint, or with friends. I am proud of my wife. There is openness in everything we do. My wife is a star. A gem. An independent, progressive, yet supremely homely lady. Her joy, happiness and emotional wellbeing are my priorities. She knows it and it is perhaps unsurprising that she envelops me with such intense love , affection, and friendship.

A woman can love her children and husband equally. But she can't give what she doesn't receive.

See, I can't say your wife isn't in love with you oo but believe me every mother loves their children more than their spouses. Most women won't admit it because they don't want to offend their husbands, sometimes women say and do things to please them.

See, what makes women attracted to men? Money, physical looks, Wealth, Attraction and all sort but remove all of this from a man and see if a woman will stay. Just recently a story about a guy who became crippled after he was beaten up by a senior in school made FTC, he said he's girlfriend actually Left him after he became crippled, we have seen women who left their husbands because of lack of money or disabilities and all. On the other hand, A woman can give birth to a child with disabilities, and she will still love that child and stay by the child all through!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Saintmary(f): 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
If you can count her worthy of your ring, you should give her your love too.

Then watch her shower you with unconditional love.

If you can't do that, don't complain.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by descartes400: 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
Iyaebe:
When I start having children, I pray I remember my husband that time.

If you don't, a side chick would be there to dot all over him and give him the necessary attention he requires for his erectiontongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by BafanaBafana: 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Rubbish! This is not biology but a psychological problem on the part of the women who behave in such a manner. undecided
Lol..
What do you know
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
Simran94:

Continue deceiving yourself ooo
I am not the one deceived in this. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Lexusgs430: 9:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mofun:
Hello fellow-Nairalanders!
Please is it correct to conclude that most women tend to value their children more than their own husbands (I don't mean 'baby daddies')?
If it's correct then what could be responsible?

Are you now in competition with your children.......... Nah ur wife carry you inside her belle..........
Did your mum love you more, than she loved your dad.........

Oga, think am well ó........ grin
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 9:03pm On Nov 10, 2021
BafanaBafana:

Lol..
What do you know
I know enough to know it has nothing to do with biology as it is a psychological response to a problem of denial, and it is not good for the children and the marriage. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 9:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
Saintmary:
Words on marble:
A WOMAN CANNOT GIVE WHAT SHE HAS NOT RECEIVED!
She can, she just doesn't want to. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by kowalsky: 9:06pm On Nov 10, 2021
cococandy:
It’s what happens when the man doesn’t view himself as a co-parent. Rather he adopts the position of a dependent who has also has to be cared for by the wife and then feel ignored because the wife is caring for toddlers and infants more.
If he contributes equally to parenting the children, the wife won’t have to do everything herself and consequently will have time to tend to his needs as well. That way they can care for each other and their kids.
Wives aren’t meant to be pseudo moms for grown men. That’s the fastest way to kill romantic feelings between the couple

Lol. You've come with your nonsense again.

Just say it's because you married the man to take care of you and your children and rest. No need for all this unsolicited mental gymnastics.

Talmbout equal parenting. After bros goes out to hustle as breadwinner for 'our' money. You'll stay at home with big nyansh on top sofa then wait for him to come and parent equally. No dey disguise aunty

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Solofresh2: 9:06pm On Nov 10, 2021
[quote author=DeLaRue post=107504488][/quote] You know nothing about women
I I start opening women chapter for you ehn, I won't finish this night.
I have mastered humans well.I am a mind reader and I can read your mind when I see you in person
Trust me
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by mashad(m): 9:06pm On Nov 10, 2021
I think it's something natural. In asmych as I love my wife, I love my lil kid much more that my wife feels I am relegating her
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by femi4: 9:07pm On Nov 10, 2021
Mofun:

So, how about the bond between husband and wife? What's it classified as?
covalent bond
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 10, 2021
descartes400:

If you don't, a side chick would be there to dot all over him and give him the necessary attention he requires for his erectiontongue
When this is the only thing you men see your wives for, how exactly do you want your wives to still choose you their husbands over their children?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by femi4: 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
ahnie:

I dunno.
In my own case the bond I share with my kids is far more solid and stronger in quantum than the one I share with my husband.

Sometimes sef,I dey even forget say I get husband.

Pls nobody should quote me oh,I have gone to buy paracetamol.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
Solofresh2:
You know nothing about women
I I start opening women chapter for you ehn, I won't finish this night.
I have mastered humans well.I am a mind reader and I can read your mind when I see you in person
Trust me
There is no such thing though. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Are you now in competition with your children.......... Nah ur wife carry you inside her belle..........
Did your mum love you more, than she loved your dad.........

Oga, think am well ó........ grin
You sef see am, I just understand what the competition is all about
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by bepositive11: 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
Evolutionlove:

Make una no dey fear to talk this thing naw. Na only "MUMU MEN" always think WoMEN loves them. WoMEN don't have the capacity to love Men Unconditionally. Nothing to be worried about here. It's a normal thing, Nobody go beat you. Men are only shown "FAKE & CONDITIONAL LOVE BY WoMEN" because of what they provide. Shikena.....

Please don't generalise. Some women can love men unconditionally. Only those women who don't need men for money and so on

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 9:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
mashad:
I think it's something natural. In asmych as I love my wife, I love my lil kid much more that my wife feels I am relegating her
It's not natural even though many like to pretend it is so they can continue to live in denial. It is a psychological problem and a sign of fracture in the marriage relationship. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by TheMostComplex1: 9:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
wordapostle:
I had that issue after my first child, after 8 years of 3 children I've learnt to live with that. I think it is just in mothers to behave that way. I just pray to God for grace to continually provide for family rather than start shouting of less attention, time, love or meat lol grin grin

What has really helped me to get loved as much as my children is helping my wife love the children in little things in the way she understands as love, like helping with assignments, play time, bathing them, feeding them, outing, shopping and going to bank, my children like going to bank maybe because from bank we usually branch shop rite or buy toys that will be lost or damaged the next day.

Husbands are babies to their wives until the real babies come you will know your real position. It may continue this way until your children are grown and leaves your house, then your wife can come back to you.

But some are not not this way. My wife loves and cares for me so much but she puts extra when it's the children maybe just maybe because because they are children

Good husband please continue to assist your family. At old age your children will also be close to you

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 9:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
bepositive11:
Please don't generalise. Some women can love men unconditionally. Only those women who don't need men for money and so on
Terrible choice of word. . no they can't. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by bepositive11: 9:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
Acidosis:
At the end of the day, it's not about who spent more or less time dancing with the kids at age 1 or 2. Many kids were raised by house-help/maids yet these kids grow up loving their mom and dad.

They grow up with no memory of who cooked what or who took them out. I love my mom so much but I'm sure my love for her isn't about what she did for me at a tender age. Truth is that I don't know what growing up at that age was! My love for my mom is not unconnected to her relationship with my father.

So women shouldn't f00l themselves. You can love your kids because it is natural to love them but never try to show them love at the expense of your husband because of a future you don't know. These kids will grow up not giving a fvck. At most, many of them will remember who paid their school fees at University. And this is where most fathers come in and earn all the love you thought you earned by being unecessarily dramatic.

If your husband has not maltreated you in anyway, you'll be making a mistake to think that your kids can't see beyond your drama.

If you ask a lot of people, they would tell you that they love their mother more than their father. Maybe you don't feel that way, but a lot of people do.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Saintmary(f): 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
She can, she just doesn't want to. undecided

Don't worry, you'll rephrase your statement after you're married.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Solofresh2: 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There is no such thing though. undecided
You are ignorant
That is the way I am.I have tested it on people around me and I know what am talking about.
I sense danger when i see one
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It's not natural even though many like to pretend it is so they can continue to live in denial. It is a psychological problem and a sign of fracture in the marriage relationship. undecided
Your way of thinking is undiagnosable...
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by bepositive11: 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
Sadaratoo:
I prefer my husband

Not many women have this opinion. Why do you prefer your husband over your children?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
Saintmary:
Don't worry, you'll rephrase your statement after you're married.
And you think I am not married now because? undecided

Please stick to trying to make your point the best you can. undecided
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
bepositive11:

Not many women have this opinion. Why do you prefer your husband over your children?
Good question, now just watch out for her answer
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Their Children Over Their Husbands? by Lexusgs430: 9:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
Simran94:

You sef see am, I just understand what the competition is all abort

I tire ó...... If the man is truly busy, this would never be a concern............

The only time he might be concerned, is if kerewa time, becomes non existent......... Even at this point, find out how to take pressure off her......... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Hubby No Longer Wants To Kiss / My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... / Reasons Why Some Men Never Cheat (must read) jl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.