Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? (25540 Views)

My Candid Advice For Nigerian Graduates With 2.2 / I Graduated With A 2.2, How Do I Become A University Lecturer? / I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by dopedan(m): 11:35am On Nov 11, 2021
Just saw my cgpa and I landed in 2.2 and my dad already told me not to bring bad result home I guess 2,2 is not so good and my dad is not someone that is understanding so how do i tell him?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Oladapo3971(m): 11:39am On Nov 11, 2021
dopedan:
Just saw my cgpa and I landed in 2.2 and my dad already told me not to bring bad result home I guess 2,2 is not so good and my dad is not someone that is understanding so how do i tell him?
Just tell him that dad have failed you
Simple as APC.

193 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by iamtardey: 11:41am On Nov 11, 2021
x

143 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by duro4chang(m): 11:57am On Nov 11, 2021
What have you been doing since all there days? It is too late. Besides 2.2 is not bad now. If you dont know where to take it to go and it to mama fatima the akara seller.

15 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Bundle002(m): 12:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
Lol
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by isaiah4life(m): 12:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
Give me his number let me help you. Bro, man up. There is nothing big about it.

It is better to be truthful than lie in order to save your head.

What is the worst thing that can happen? My Lord, Jesus Christ will give you the courage to stand up for the truth no matter what.

83 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Rickmann: 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2021
dopedan:

How does graduating with a 2.2 CGPA, make you a failure?
Or
Since when did formal education become the true test of knowledge?

Truth is, a lot of factors could ve been responsible for that, not because you are dull..

The earlier people begin to emancipate themselves from this mental slavery in Nigeria, the better for us all.

233 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by DICKstractor: 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2021
undecided

Tell him that a degree cannot define your life. You don't need a degree to become the president of Nigeria

Take for example, our bubu who used nepa bill Waec

I heard he only passed IRK

124 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2021
Pls why acting like a "kid"?you ain't a kid man..
You tell him directly to his face like a man that you are..I wonder why you people keep stressing and posting things that's private..or am I the only one that ain't comfortable with it..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Inspiration007: 1:12pm On Nov 11, 2021
2:2 is not a bad result, it's just that most employer of labour would pick 1st and 2:1 over 2:2 for graduate entry positions.

My advice to you would be to learn anything that can give you money..

26 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by talk2hb1(m): 2:07pm On Nov 11, 2021
Be a Man/Woman roll your balls, go tell him.
After all you are an adult, you are matured.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by german01(m): 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
I feel your pain, sorry. For those writing rubbish my God help you.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Viraltrends123: 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

Tell him that a degree cannot define your life. You don't need a degree to become a president of Nigeria

Take for example, our bubu who used nepa bill
LOL, that's what everyone thought initially. As you get older you will realize it's far better to do well in school. You think our parents are fools for sending us to school, or shouting at us when we come home with red results. You will be a parent too, the you will understand.

But, for the OP, just think of something immediately, and put in all your best in it, after telling him

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by TheWolfen(m): 4:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
What is wrong with SECOND CLASS LOWER?

20 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by larrybabanla(m): 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
Tell him your lecturers are APC members

13 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by othermen: 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2021
‘Dad, your boy is a graduate and I had a second class lower’

It would not give him an hypertension. His disappointment may show on his reaction, but assure yourself, you will make him proud.

Some of your professors graduated with a second class lower. It doesn’t stop you from getting a distinction in your masters or from getting your PhD.

If you don’t get a job, bless God! People became employers of labour because of similar situations, but you would actually get a job.

In whatever you do, don’t stop developing yourself, never have a limited mindset.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Satan01(m): 6:23pm On Nov 11, 2021
Just tell him u want to become a bricklayer angry

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by BUSHHUNTER: 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
Don't take it home take it to oluwole

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by NarcissistKing(m): 7:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
2.2 and you're scared? Bro, you can still secure admission for MSc abroad with it. It depends on your CGPA anyways. Moreover, go and get yourself a skill and capitalize on it. Even with 2.1 you might still not be able to get a good job.

Go get a skill and boss up!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by NarcissistKing(m): 7:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:
Don't take it home take it to oluwole

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Mleeperbother: 7:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
TheWolfen:
What is wrong with SECOND CLASS LOWER?
Much harder to get a job with it.
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by kennyjam: 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
It is well
Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by yrex01(m): 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2021
mumu. one of my bro friend visit this last weekend he use to tell him how useless 2.2 is while in school, lucky him got 2.1 n my bro grad with 2.2, d guy was wow bout my bro ride n apartment this last weekend begging him if he get vacancy for him that's he's ready to take anything that comes his way.

alaye, school no b scam ooo but school n grade are far far can never determined what you'd become in life.

when u finish school you'd know this.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by ImDangai: 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2021
Omooo I got 1.54 at First semester 100lv
Is there still possibility that I can acheive second class after graduating?...

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Charmingrascal(m): 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2021
dopedan:

Tell him that Nigeria is no longer about your Cumulative Grade Point Average (CPGA) but your Cumulative Personal Intelligence Acquired (CPIA).

I have friends who graduated with 2.1 but they don't have the privileges and opportunities that I have as a 2.2 graduate. Also I know people who graduated with third class and they are doing far better than I am doing.
Infact tell your Dad that Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs and our very own White money don't have any degree talk more of graduating with a any grade and they are famous and rich.
Congratulations for making it out of school some didn't make it out.
Get your self together and work smart.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by NarcissistKing(m): 9:00pm On Nov 11, 2021
Charmingrascal:

Tell him that Nigeria is no longer about your Cumulative Grade Point Average (CPGA) but your Cumulative Personal Intelligence Acquired (CPIA).

I have friends who graduated with 2.1 but they don't have the privileges and opportunities that I have as a 2.2 graduate. Also I know people who graduated with third class and they are doing far better than I am doing.
Infact tell your Dad that Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs and our very own White money don't have any degree talk more of graduating with a any grade and they are famous and rich.
Congratulations for making it out of school some didn't make it out.
Get your self together and work smart.

Mark Zuckerberg and the likes were born and raised in a saner clime. Their country is so better that even without degrees you can still make it. Don't compare them to Nigeria settings. Without degree in Nigeria, it's gonna be hard!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Charmingrascal(m): 9:04pm On Nov 11, 2021
NarcissistKing:

Mark Zuckerberg and the likes were born and raised in a saner clime. Their country is so better that even without degrees you can still make it. Don't compare them to Nigeria settings. Without degree in Nigeria, it's gonna be hard!

There are lots of people in Nigeria without any degree and they are making it.
I am not one of those with the believe that education is scam though.

Sometimes it is not about scholastic education that you have but your talent, skills and then working smart.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by jaxxy(m): 9:06pm On Nov 11, 2021
Depending on how much the skol fees was u may have to choose ur words carefully. Lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by NarcissistKing(m): 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2021
Charmingrascal:

There are lots of people in Nigeria without any degree and they are making it.
I am not one of those with the believe that education is scam though.

Sometimes it is not about scholastic education that you have but your talent, skills and then working smart.

I agree with you but I wa just not comfortable comparing Mark and co. with the Nigerian setting.

I used to emphasis on skill acquisition!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Mleeperbother: 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2021
ImDangai:
Omooo I got 1.54 at First semester 100lv
Is there still possibility that I can acheive second class after graduating?...
Withdraw. Start afresh.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by Adranido(m): 9:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
dopedan:
study ur book u de runz girls see watin u get now. make i help sha:buy 2 igbo and 4 litres of burukutu giv am.then tell mumcy make i tell lam for u.

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Dad I Got 2.2? by CheedyJ(m): 10:15pm On Nov 11, 2021
You go tell am noni, las las he won't kill u however disappointed he'd get.. what if you didnt graduate at all or came out with a pass or certificate of attendance wat would he do then..

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ekiti Government Pays Condolence Visit To Parents Of Slain FUOYE Students / Imt Enugu Post Ume 2011/2012 / OKEOWO OLUWASEYI PAUL: Best Graduating Student Federal University Oye Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.