Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? (16115 Views)

How Old Were You When You Graduated From Secondary School? / Popular Owerri 'Mad Man' Graduated From A University In The US. Photos / Lady Mocked By Her Friends Who Graduated Before Her, 2 Years Later This Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by izzy4shizzy(m): 3:17pm On Nov 11, 2021
Fft
Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by dododawa1: 3:17pm On Nov 11, 2021
ZendayaColeman:
For where?

Opelope oyinbo.
EFFC coming for you soon

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by rita25(f): 3:18pm On Nov 11, 2021
awon private university graduates and i schooled abroad but came and dreg work in naija how market? grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by moneyissweet(m): 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
One payment everywhere soft

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by GboyegaD(m): 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2021
As an undergraduate, my two years of ND, two years of HND, and three years of BSc in terms of tuition was less than N75k. Cost of living however was high. I was fortunate I won an Oil&Gas scholarship during my BSc paying N75k per year for 3 years.

My first job out of school paid N30k monthly with lunch during training school and I only spent one month before moving to another Bank where I earn four times of that. As such, my first year of work should pay up all expenses it took me for my undergraduate education.

My graduate studies is a bit dicey. My first Masters and PhD were fully funded so, I do not think I need be paid back. My second masters however, costed me so much because I wanted to gain adequate knowledge to return back to industry. My current job is at least 1.25 times the entire cost as stated on my I20 so I would say, I have been able to pay back my cost of education technically. Although, in reality, since I got student loan for my second masters, I am still paying it in bits as necessary.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by Ludlum(m): 3:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
complexBoss12:
undecided

If I had the information that I do today, I wouldn't have wasted 4 years of life for nothing.
pls sir pass me the information
Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by cooltola(m): 3:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
if you study a useless major, then expect not to get anything in return.
Study a major that is always in demand or can get you a job - no matter how the economy is- stop wasting your money on useless major. NA the lecturers go chop your money
Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by uncleck: 3:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

As a Nigerian graduate, after studying a course, you have to go learn a skill. Skills pays now because work no dey

They hardly tell you the truth about learning a skill.

They hardly tell you that most skills are over saturated; that skills providers are now higher than the clients in number

They hardly tell you that to make it big with your skills within a short time in Nigeria, you must tell lies

They hardly tell you that years of experience is important in skills world.

If you must learn a skill, do so because you want to and not because motivational speakers told you to..... and do it in a right way

12 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by Awoleesu(m): 3:23pm On Nov 11, 2021
Education is a lifelong investment.
The ROI is supposed to enrich you till you die!

For example, the likes of Osinbajo, Soludo, Adeboye, etc are living off the 'pensions' of such investment. grin
Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by emmykk(m): 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2021
wunmi590:
Good day N'Lander,

I was having a discussion with a friend yesterday, and he was complaining about how he was not being paid well despite his Masters, so I decided to bring this here.....

As the subject implies

As for me, yes I've, graduate like 10years ago and luck have actually shined on me since then when it comes to job...

Even before then, I was lucky to get my bursary 50k each every year, for both my OND (100k) and my BS.c (200k) days for lagosians

Education is not qualified by financial gains .it is all that you are after what you learn in school have been forgetting.
So it is wrong to want recoup or seeing if you have recoup your school fees.

The job you are employed for you are paid for services not school fee recouping.
In nutshell your school fee is for self development.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by cooltola(m): 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2021
uncleck:

They hardly tell you the truth about learning a skill.

They hardly tell you that most skills are over saturated

They hardly tell you that to make it with your skills in Nigeria, you must tell lies

They hardly tell you that years of experience is important in skills world.

If you must learn a skill, do so because you want to and not because motivational speakers told you to..... and do it in a right way

there is general misconception that Nigeria degree are useless. If you go to a computer school, learn IT or any computer programming or medicine . You can use your degree to get a job overseas . So please do not let anyone tell you that your degree in useless.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by Cognitivereason: 3:28pm On Nov 11, 2021
Well I believe those who schooled in sensible countries abroad won't have issues..but u see private school grads in Nigeria grin grin grin

rita25:
awon private university graduates and i schooled abroad but came and dreg work in naija how market? grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by jaeyking(m): 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2021
grin
Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by complexBoss12: 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2021
Ludlum:
pls sir pass me the information

I have updated the comment.

But if you're not going for a highly professional course, that can feed you tommorow, just go learn a skill notn pays more than talent now. learn a 21st century skill. Five years later while your mates are graduating and carrying certificate around. You are already a big boy, then go back and get your own certificate like a boss. While your business (or whatever you learnt) is still growing

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by oneTIMEman(m): 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
I graduated since 2014, have recovered more than what I paid
Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by Successmind(m): 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
Collected all my uni fee before I left,through sug and management

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by Darlingme(f): 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
For where?
Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by slickbak(m): 3:31pm On Nov 11, 2021
Sheuns:
Yelsz. And more. Na Federal government University I go. School fees was 19,800 (UNILAG). I didn’t buy books or handouts like that. In all Im not sure I spent up to 500k on fees and all.
Boss some graduate never get 500k to them name since graduation

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by Timekeeper: 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2021
GboyegaD:
As an undergraduate, my two years of ND, two years of HND, and three years of BSc in terms of tuition was less than N75k. Cost of living however was high. I was fortunate I won an Oil&Gas scholarship during my BSc paying N75k per year for 3 years.

My first job out of school paid N30k monthly with lunch during training school and I only spent one month before moving to another Bank where I earn four times of that. As such, my first year of work should pay up all expenses it took me for my undergraduate education.

My graduate studies is a bit dicey. My first Masters and PhD were fully funded so, I do not think I need be paid back. My second masters however, costed me so much because I wanted to gain adequate knowledge to return back to industry. My current job is at least 1.25 times the entire cost as stated on my I20 so I would say, I have been able to pay back my cost of education technically. Although, in reality, since I got student loan for my second masters, I am still paying it in bits as necessary.

Sir GboyegaD... Ejoor Edakun esanu mi.

Just completed my service, I av a Bsc in banking and Finance.... 2nd class upper.... I can take up any administrative and management job functions...

I am a fast learner and a good communicator

Location is lagos

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by Simdyofficial(f): 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2021
Yeah BT not with what I studied shocked
Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by Kiddogarcia(m): 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2021
It's better to have what you don't need than need what you don't have, degree is essential,a skill is great,,but degree makes it looks attractive
Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by Cognitivereason: 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2021
So the course is more important than the School..
undecided
So which will u choose
Good course like medicine or engineering from a less recognised school like sokoto state university
Or
Useless major like Mass comm or psychology from a well notable school like UI , ABU ,UNILAG..

cooltola:
Study a major that is always in demand or can get you a job - no matter how the economy is- stop wasting your money on useless major. NA the lecturers go chop your money
Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by Ifebazz(m): 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2021
Seconded, wholeheartedly.
MT:
I can tell you empirically - I have, in countless multiple folds. I dont know where I would have been without being properly educated.
Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by mfm04622: 3:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
How much I spend for school fees?

My first monthly salary covered all my school fees!
Nigeria really tried for me. My final year, I paid 1k for school fees. 1k!
Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by Cognitivereason: 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
All u useless school politicians

Successmind:
Collected all my uni fee before I left,through sug and management

3 Likes

Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by GboyegaD(m): 3:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
Timekeeper:

Sir GboyegaD... Ejoor Edakun esanu mi.

Just completed my service, I av a Bsc in banking and Finance.... 2nd class upper.... I can take up any administrative and management job functions...

I am a fast learner and a good communicator

Location is lagos

I have left the industry over 10years now and most of my connects I am still with have all relocated. I will suggest you drop your resume at KPMG if you are below 26 and also all the bank graduate trainees. Back in the days, I think it was easier. You could drop your number and I am hopeful someone might be able to connect you to a right link. Will also talk to a few people I know.
Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by olisefom: 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
Yes. But after I stopped using the certificate.
Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by Aarenasbaba(m): 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
Just last week, a new way to start the new month. A client called me( my friend brother) that e needed a landed property of three plots. Sharply, I took him and his three wives to the site and showed them. He immediately transfer 1.650m
1.5m for the land
150k for agreement and agent fee

At the end of the day. 100k is my share. That alone has served for the money I paid during HND. As a builder and estate agent coupled with my aluminum roofing experience. Have earned more than my school fees.
Thanks to jah

1 Like

Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by captainbangz: 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2021
cooltola:
Majors like?
Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by AutoChick4U(f): 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2021
Yea. Sure I have
Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by Nwaotu10(m): 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

As a Nigerian graduate, after studying a course, you have to go learn a skill. Skills pays now because work no dey

Please, highlight some viable skills a jobless graduate should learn.
Re: Have You Been Able To Recoup All Your School Fees Since You Graduated? by dave06(f): 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
Attended a state university.

Not sure I spent up to 500k, and I've made more than that already.

Glory to God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

JAMB Change Of Course Form: How Much? / PHOTOS: Senate Meets ASUU Delegates / UTME: 62,140 Candidates Set To Re-write JAMB On 1st Of July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.