Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad (17321 Views)

Go Back To School At Age 40 / Learning To Drive From Someone Or Going To A Driving School? / Which One Is Good Between School Of Nursing Or Going Through University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by gidado14(m): 5:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ewroghene1:
Good day NLs
I will go straight to the point
First born in the family with big responsibility you know already,. Mother always demanding due to the status of the family, currently 25yrs.

Your advice shall help a long way...
Have been saving but not complete, planning ahead

But my dreams are high and know I will accomplish them...
stopped schooling 2015, with S.S.C.E started hustling.....

First: should I open a barbershop with my little savings
Or
Second: go abroad and continue my school and become a graduate. And explore other lifestyles
I know opening the shop will help a long way(money)
And going abroad will also help

Reminder : I have mother and siblings to take care of with the little I can support
Please I need You advice
And can I work with the experience I have as a barber here in Nigeria to places like Turkey or Poland

Please help forward to Frontpage
if you finish the school wetin you go do

Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by zoer(m): 5:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
rastaLivity:
Leave the damn country, I don’t care if you’re going there to pick beans
Oil dey your head
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ewroghene1:

This is similar to what my mum told me when I wanted start the barbing career, today she has forgotten she said it......I rest my case to your expectation

From your response there is money in that skill,all things being equal...
I plan opening a barbers shop very soon,what I advice can I get from you...
I don't barb ooo....
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by christian153(m): 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
If you have the means to travel abroad for higher education, I will advice you do so.
Your siblings and mum will be alright. They will find a way to survive with or without you.
You will find a good job after your education and make life better for them in the end.
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by fabson21(m): 6:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ewroghene1:

Had plans of doing per time barbing jobs
you can barb a white man hair it only black man over here in turkey and Poland and again their currency is small convert to naira I would advice u to open a shop and save up and go to a better country u can also further ur school here in Nigeria every thing is life is forcuse and determination
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by SunriseW(f): 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
Leave Nigeria
Leave now if you can
People advising him to stay and save, how is that possible, una no hear the responsibilities he mentioned.
Better commot this country, no say I no tell you
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Starlight25: 6:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
PlaysNigeria:
Impressive reasoning, young man. There is no method or diagram.
You mean a detailed analysis of the pros and cons of his choice?
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by MoneyTrees(m): 6:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
dauddy97:
Please for all it takes, invest all the money you gat to school abroad. I mean a European country, not Ghana or other African countries. I mean, if you get the money, go Germany and study anything IT eg computer science, data science, information technology. While doing any of this, take your time to learn web development, graphics design, database development, machine learning or data science. You can get books to read while you code them out or attend boot camp. The later might be expensive but YouTube and Udemy are there but requires more than enough time and dedication. These will help u get a good internship where u can get experience on application of what you have learnt. When u are comfortable with the skills, if you like come Nigeria or stay abroad, all on you. Believe me, na job go dey find you. Not just jobs, jobs with over $24,000 per annum.
Please, invest in education. Not just education but quality education. Thanks.
My two cents.
Meanwhile God of boys dey give $40k when China woman drop slip
wink
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Exczz: 7:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
Go abroad
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by MeghaneMorgane(f): 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ewroghene1:

This is similar to what my mum told me when I wanted start the barbing career, today she has forgotten she said it......I rest my case to your expectation

Thank you. Don’t let anybody discourage you. Go abroad if you get the money. Continue your barbing while schooling.
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Sammerboi: 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2021
For me just travel abroad if you’ve the chance to go. Coz Barbers are well paid over there.
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by mechanics(m): 7:52pm On Nov 12, 2021
Follow what your mind says.
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Cousin9999: 9:01pm On Nov 12, 2021
You already have a valuable trade. No matter where you go, you can earn. Considering your trade, if you went abroad on a uni visa, and did more barber training on the side (more versatility in styling for African clients, and training for other hair types) and got more experience in it, you could do well for yourself abroad. Going abroad to study business would be a good idea. If nothing else, you have good training to establish yourself back home.
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by BigIyanga: 9:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ewroghene1:

Had plans of doing per time barbing jobs
What countries abroad are u considering?
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Soffyh(m): 9:16pm On Nov 12, 2021
CocoaOla:
if you are a youth please leave this hate country you will be glad you did in the future your children will thank you
mad people and evil leaders

hmmmm, love this comment
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by deavicky(m): 10:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
I think you better go abroad if u can. But wait, why I'm advising people to travel abroad this days?.
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Jmichael1(m): 11:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
Conwarden:

Either is okay, though relocating legally might be better. Just stay legit!

Never ever contemplate yahoo, or else:

angry

Life sentence for all scammers . . . including paternity fraudsters!
leave yahoo boys alone,las las every body go die
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Jmichael1(m): 11:31pm On Nov 12, 2021
Brandonx:
grin I don’t know why I find this funny
To answer your question
1. Do you have a strong financial background or a sponsor ?
2. Are very intelligent ? Then you can go through the scholarship route

But if you intend to move to the abroad with a tourist visa grin grin it’s better imagined than experienced

dis the only reasonable advice i've cum across
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by 46arcadez(m): 11:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ewroghene1:
Good day NLs
First born in the family with big responsibility you know already,. Mother always demanding due to the status of the family, currently 25yrs.

Or
Second: go abroad and continue my school and become a graduate. And explore other lifestyles

Reminder : I have mother and siblings to take care of with the little I can support
Please I need You advice
And can I work with the experience I have as a barber here in Nigeria to places like Turkey or Poland

If you really know how to give a very clean cut, my dear just go
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Pablojoker12(m): 12:30am On Nov 13, 2021
Setting up a good Barber shop is one thing,
Enough turn up is another thing...

Responsibility still gon be there pilling up .

I suggest u just move and study abroad
U re open to more quality experience
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by clothingonline(m): 1:06am On Nov 13, 2021
Flex
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by adslipps: 1:22am On Nov 13, 2021
I barb with 15 pounds in the UK. Do the mathmatics.
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by tradepunter: 2:36am On Nov 13, 2021
Go abroad and start a barbing saloon business.

You will make it there my friend....

Got a friend he cuts hair in northern part of england.... Charges 10-15 pounds depending on the type of cut.

Mostly all black students and resident patronize him.

That baber skill you got is a serious one...
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by ussv: 4:35am On Nov 13, 2021
This one na question ?
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by frozen70(f): 5:59am On Nov 13, 2021
Ewroghene1:
Good day NLs

Or

Please I need You advice

No matter the responsibilities in your family, you have to plan especially for yourself without your siblings demands weighing you down

Going to abroad is good, only if you will be lucky to get a genuine visa and someone to accommodate you

As for your siblings, after secondary school, let then get something doing and save towards their own education

If you trained then to university you may not be able to train yourself to university and one day you will realise that you are not a graduate

So establish yourself, get educated and help them get educated too

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by shegz24(m): 6:48am On Nov 13, 2021
This is actually food for thought.

inoki247:
Sha know this no Mata aw ur job rugged for Nigeria na 10years validity e get.. Cause the government can jus wake up one day nd roll out on mad policy so think am well....
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Eife(m): 12:25am On Nov 14, 2021
Qatar2022:

Bad advice

Last I checked
It wasn’t for you
So face your front
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Ewroghene1(m): 3:46pm On Nov 14, 2021
46arcadez:

If you really know how to give a very clean cut, my dear just go
For sure my cuts have go grades
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Ewroghene1(m): 1:25pm On Nov 17, 2021
Rekyz:
What country do you have in mind?
You can apply for scholarships in a foreign university, then combine your academics with hustle. That's if you can strike a balance
Poland or canada
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Ewroghene1(m): 1:30pm On Nov 17, 2021
Baawahala:

From your response there is money in that skill,all things being equal...
I plan opening a barbers shop very soon,what I advice can I get from you...
I don't barb ooo....
No be to be barber be the tin
Na to Sabi your work and improve on every cut u do
Be ready to teach your self what others can do but be exceptional with quality
Re: Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad by Eife(m): 10:42pm On Nov 20, 2021
Qatar2022:

Bad advice

Eye service
Weldone sir
give your own advice
Leave my own for me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? / What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? / What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.