Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? (17838 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First / Pressure To Get Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by emerged01(m): 4:11pm On Jan 09, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

Oga go back to d Christian book and read it
Na you talk am,:I never hear that kin thing before. As you talk am you suppose quote am.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by emmanuelbrown26: 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2023
emerged01:

Na you talk am,:I never hear that kin thing before. As you talk am you suppose quote am.
It's their, go back to genesis and read it sir
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2023
smart177:

Kindly explain how can one get companionship without ever getting married.? undecided
Kindly explain how can one get companionship without ever getting married.?

Funny person. So if two people like each other's company it is not companionship without marriage??
So this below is not companionship?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
sofiscatedmoron:

But u have it more when married

See screenshot I posted above
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 4:17pm On Jan 09, 2023
karmaolu1:
how?

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by bikefab(m): 4:18pm On Jan 09, 2023
Procreation. As dem born you na so you suppose born another person. Gaskia
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 4:21pm On Jan 09, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:

Liked, Shared and Followed.

What did PoliteActivistewrite about this ?

I would really love to read it.

He writes and debates nicely and wisely.

I Believe This is The Ultimate Reason For Starting Threads like this.

For Debates And Sensitizations.

Thanks.
Here's what I said about it:

Only a single person can be this authoritative about marriage being wonderful. (See quote below).
A married man can only write this if his wife is reading while he writes grin

Marriage CAN be a good thing (never wonderful) with the right person, but even then it is still dampened by the fact you are trading your freedom and private space for it!

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2023
MessiahOfAfrica:
True.

It is a worthy sacrifice that elevates you into more advanced mandated responsibilities.

Many People who want to remain single do so to run away from the surface responsibilities.

It is when you get in that you truly know that you are in for the real deal of redefining yourself to becoming "not just a husband" but a "providing father".

Problem is most people slowly realise they made a mistake - to one extent or another
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by achimendy(m): 4:31pm On Jan 09, 2023
The5DME:
It seems lots of folks in Nigeria are getting married for the wrong reasons, hence the plethora of negative complaints about marriage on frontpage. So I ask again, what are the reasons a man/woman of age should get married?

Procreation, sexual fun, family name and inheritance.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2023
YourHighTension:

Then what are the reasons why one should get married?

The only real reason is to fulfill societal expectations, otherwise, none! See sreenshots below

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 4:43pm On Jan 09, 2023
miqos02:
you can't have a family outside marriage.

Then what do you call this below

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by zedegit: 4:49pm On Jan 09, 2023
PoliteActivist:

But you can have both without being married

It's illegal with it's attendant problems. Wait until someone's daughter dies in your house without marrying her then you will understand you are a thief.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by zakkxx: 4:51pm On Jan 09, 2023
If you stay single and u are sexually active that will be a sin u know! If u can’t do without women marry and stay faithful in other to avoid sexually transmitted disease.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2023
zedegit:

It's illegal with it's attendant problems. Wait until someone's daughter dies in your house without marrying her then you will understand you are a thief.

Illegal how? Explain.
So if you are married someone's daughter can't die in your house, including your wife?
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Exceed15: 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
To avoid sleeping around.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by sofiscatedmoron: 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Oshee c Ronaldo, I see u bro, u r now c Ronaldo abi
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by charlsecy(m): 5:32pm On Jan 09, 2023
XXXXTENTACION:
If not for sex and giving birth to children alot people would be single... cheesy
If not for hunger and nutrition, no one would eat?
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by emerged01(m): 5:38pm On Jan 09, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

It's their, go back to genesis and read it sir
Lol! I should start reading from genesis? Ok I understand you
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2023
sofiscatedmoron:

Oshee c Ronaldo, I see u bro, u r now c Ronaldo abi

He's single but has a "perfect" family. Just one famous example
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by SenatePresdo(m): 5:43pm On Jan 09, 2023
2ndchildhood:
He's single and still has it all

Ronaldo is not single.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by sofiscatedmoron: 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2023
PoliteActivist:

He's single but has a "perfect" family. Just one famous example
U are rich and famous like c Ronaldo,no wahala ,and u are a white man
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Danisaint112(m): 7:01pm On Jan 09, 2023
Religion and commitment

Religion: We do so because we fear God and follow his word.

Commitment: No one would want to share a woman he truly loves with another.

Marriage is a beautiful thing only when you meet the right person. Otherwise you'll experience a bit of hell while on Earth.

That is why it always advisable for one to take their time before getting into this union called marriage. True love last forever.

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 7:44pm On Jan 09, 2023
sofiscatedmoron:

U are rich and famous like c Ronaldo,no wahala ,and u are a white man

If you meet someone and you both decide to ignore society and have a family, marriage becomes mute - and rich and famous has nothingbti do with it
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by purehustle101(m): 8:32pm On Jan 09, 2023
Marriage is for continuity, research had it that men are more happier when they are alone.. if you doubt me invite babe make she come stay with you for one week.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Hollyharjii: 8:38pm On Jan 09, 2023
Best thread on NL so far
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by Rubbiish(m): 9:07pm On Jan 09, 2023
Bearfruit:
the main reason for marriage according to the book of books aka the word of God is to avoid fornication.(to keep your vessel holy as the body is not for fornication)
If you are a eunuch there is no reason for getting married.
As for bearing children,it is not every marriage that is fruitful so that is not a valid reason.
Then companionship is what you have already between friends, family members etc.
Marry for the right reasons!!!!so help you God.
Companionship between friends & family is still different from that u will share with your kids & spouse. The companionship gap between friends & family becomes wider as u age. They will also be dealing with their immediate family & have less time for u when u need them most.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by citadels(f): 9:13pm On Jan 09, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You can have all these without marriage
. Until you are old that’s when you will know the importance of family unit.
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2023
citadels:
. Until you are old that’s when you will know the importance of family unit.

Seems you don't know definition of marriage. People have family units without marriage. And why must you live your life based on old age?? Does everyone reach old age?
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:05pm On Jan 09, 2023
Lovebliss2:
Love, Companionship, reproduction, raising your own family.
But u can do all dat without getting married
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by calmandwild101(m): 10:25pm On Jan 09, 2023
Reproduction
,yes.companionship,I disagree
PoliteActivist:

Wrong! You can have both without being married
Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by PoliteActivist: 1:32am On Jan 10, 2023
calmandwild101:
Reproduction
,yes.companionship,I disagree

So what do you call these below

Re: What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? by citadels(f): 6:18am On Jan 10, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Seems you don't know definition of marriage. People have family units without marriage. And why must you live your life based on old age?? Does everyone reach old age?

Okay sorry I didn’t know you are getting ready for death I thought Africans are scared of death

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2 Kids From Same Family Kidnapped At Their School In Anambra / Brothers Label Their Widowed Sister Witch, Banish Her From Community / When the Nigeria Gender Equality Bill is finally passed into law.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.