Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,279 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED (3644 Views)

Making Of A Beautiful Gate. COMPLETED AND DELIVERED / Land For Sale In Beautiful Gate Estate Phase 1 Ibeju Lekki Town Lagos / A BEAUTIFUL GATE AND FENCED ESTATE(LEKKI PRECIOUS GARDEN ESTATE) IBEJU LEKKI #1M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 7:03pm On Nov 11, 2021
Few days ago,a Nairalander contacted me through oga Spyder880 for construction of a gate. He made lots of enquires about each materials and why each one is better. He later agreed the following materials

2.5mm plain pan (he want to have pan to be very smooth without any physical defects)

50 by 50 wrought iron pipe

Wrought iron accessories.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
The sample above is the design of the gate. But the size of what I'm building will be much more. This gate will have additional 3ft pedestrian gate

Below is the link to the thread of the building project

https://www.nairaland.com/6272551/making-contemporary-6-bedroom-duplex
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 7:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
Due to the election and the restriction on movements around here, I couldn't start the job last week and that has placed me behind schedule as the delivery timeframe is two weeks. The materials arrived on Tuesday evening

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 7:10pm On Nov 11, 2021
This morning, work started earnestly

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 7:12pm On Nov 11, 2021
After setting out the gate, I moved on to actual welding

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by reaky(m): 9:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
Best man for the job
michlins
✌️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
After framing the gate,moved on to welding the pan.

Trust me this gate is very heavy and strong

1 Like

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 9:26pm On Nov 11, 2021
By end of the day, I raised the gate from the ground. Leaving it on the ground isn't a good idea.

Plan is to start working on the front design tomorrow having completed the welding job on the back

2 Likes

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 9:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
Mufuta, spyder880, somehow,invertedhammer I will appreciate it if you guys can join me in this journey.

It's going to be short but resourceful experience

3 Likes

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by mufutau55(m): 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
I am already here to see some wonderful gates.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by spyder880(m): 9:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
michlins:
Mufuta, spyder880, somehow,invertedhammer I will appreciate it if you guys can join me in this journey.

Of course we are here and in total support of your good works. We ain't going nowhere until we have the beautiful rails and gates. cheesy

Well done.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by spyder880(m): 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
mufutau55:
I am already here to see some wonderful gates.
Thank you.

Hajji M.

My Oga, I can always boast about you, and the fact that you support all good forces of progress. My respect of you knows no bounds. Thank you Sir.

4 Likes

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by InvertedHammer: 1:09am On Nov 12, 2021
michlins:

/

Observing...

/

1 Like

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by mufutau55(m): 3:01am On Nov 12, 2021
spyder880:

My Oga, I can always boast about you, and the fact that you support all good forces of progress. My respect of you knows no bounds. Thank you Sir.

Twale Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by somehow: 7:27am On Nov 12, 2021
michlins:

watching

Good speed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 8:18am On Nov 12, 2021
And this is how we start this morning

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 8:56am On Nov 12, 2021
Completing work at the back of the gate. I intend to start working on the front designs before 10am today

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 9:09am On Nov 12, 2021
Welding the conjoining pins. These stuff are what anchors the gate to the concrete casting

1 Like

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 10:00am On Nov 12, 2021
Actual welding of the conjoining pins. Initial welding was to hold them in place.

The intensity of heat needed to weld them is very high cause you need to melt the two metals

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 10:09am On Nov 12, 2021
Close up views of the welding.

If you observe, there are two welding involved.

The first welding was 4mm thick plate on the wrought iron frame. Reason for that is because the pipe can't withstand the intensity of the heat needed for the welding.

Second welding was between the plate and the conjoining pin itself.

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 10:18am On Nov 12, 2021
And now, the gate has been turned and work started on the front.

Second picture is welding of the joints at the front

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
So after that, work started proper on the front side. Here are the photos

1 Like

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
More photos as we proceeded

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2021
And this is how it ended today. Tomorrow we go harder

1 Like

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 1:57pm On Nov 13, 2021
Good day. I hope you're getting busy.

Happy weekend

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2021
And I'm happy to show these pictures. Although they're not too clean but I will be providing more pictures tomorrow.

Meanwhile work has started on the smaller pedestrian gate

1 Like

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 6:39pm On Nov 14, 2021
So today, I started working on the pedestrian gate and managed to complete it except the designs

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 6:55pm On Nov 14, 2021
I was able to complete the gate

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 6:58pm On Nov 14, 2021
Work has started on finishing part of the job and hopefully, painting will start on Monday or Tuesday
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by omanzo02: 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
Michlin,

Are the ornamental steel sold in unit or in bundle or pack, how much are the vertical members sold in the market?
Thanks.

Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by michlins(m): 11:16pm On Nov 15, 2021
omanzo02:
Michlin,

Are the ornamental steel sold in unit or in bundle or pack, how much are the vertical members sold in the market?
Thanks.
each of those rods cost between 3,500-4,500 depending on the size and design
Re: Let's Build A Beautiful Gate. DELIVERED by omanzo02: 12:51pm On Nov 16, 2021
michlins:
each of those rods cost between 3,500-4,500 depending on the size and design

I could spend that on a balustrade but definitely not on a fence rails. I might just go for hollow pipes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plots Of Land With C/O At Off Akobo, Ojurin Ibadan. Price: #1.5M. / Investors Needed To Acquire This Cheap Land(urgent) / Properties For Sale Ilesa Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.