Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. (8270 Views)

Warri Boils As 2 Police Officers Suffer Gunshot Injuries In NURTW Clash / Abia Market Women Association President Narrates Ordeal / Human Heads Found In Nurtw Secretary's House In Oyo State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by ruz(m): 8:53am On Jun 07, 2011
I just confirmed this from a Medical Student friend in Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital. Comrade Auwal Shanono, National President of Nigeria Medical Students Association (NiMSA) was murdered in cold blood in Ile Ife following attack on passengers at a park by members of the NURTW on Saturday 4th June 2011. A fracas started between rival NURTW members in Oyo and Osun States, and surprisingly passengers and passersby were attacked. Auwal Shanono was returning from an official visit to OAUTH where he went to address issues affecting Medical Students in the school. He got caught up in the fracas and was murdered before he could escape. He was declared missing by his family and friends for 2 days and his body was recovered early hours of this morning burnt almost beyond recognition. He was a 500 level student of Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital.
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by 1025: 9:18am On Jun 07, 2011
this is the kind of news u hear from nigeria. fresh air 2011 here we are.
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by tpia5: 10:41am On Jun 07, 2011
Does the country need less doctors , or more.

This is extremely unfortunate.

What is wrong with these people, lord have mercy.
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by otokx(m): 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2011
Students should concentrate on their studies and leave politics to the politicians.
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by HyeBits: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2011
News source!
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by 9dynasty(m): 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2011
choei what a waste. o boy rest in peace ohh good bye from naija
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by teebaba78: 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2011
mat his gentle soul rest in peace.Amen
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by Kx: 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2011
Another waste.

Imagine the pain and anguish for the parents and siblings.
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by Wilfem(m): 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2011
It is true. An aunt of mine who works at the UCH already told me about it yesterday. May his gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by Jaideyone(m): 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2011
Otokx did u read the post well before making that dumb comment?
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by Osama10(m): 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2011
Na wa for naija. sad
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by medocity(m): 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2011
this is the worst thing seems never had before, why will those, whose live have being destroyed want others too be like them, i don't know why such a thing should happen, it unfortunate but all the same to me, it shouldn't be shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by 13volts(m): 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2011
a hausa medical student killed by yoruba area boys. kwankwaso must hear this
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by MaiSuya(m): 1:55pm On Jun 07, 2011
otokx:

Students should concentrate on their studies and leave politics to the politicians.

I don't think this is fair.

While it could be argued that had the young man not ventured into campus politics, he wouldn't have been at that location at that time and so would probably still be alive.

But then, suppose he wasn't on an 'official' visit? Suppose he went there to visit someone?

The report--yet to be verified though--claims that innocent passersby were attacked. Those people could have been your borhters or sisters.

Thankfully the governor has taken the right step by proscribing the union and arresting the alleged masterminds, 'Tokyo' et al. They must be dealt with.
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by Rastamann: 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2011
may his soul rest in perfect peace. It is time for all these NURTW thing to stop. Why attack innocent passengers leaving their rival groups. GEJ mus try and stop all these NURTW, Boko Haram, etc, rubbish. When will we ever have lasting peace and security in this country? sad
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by halfcurrent(m): 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2011
otokx:

That is not the issue and does not justify his killing, ; may his gentle soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by nbisi: 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2011
I'm highly disappointed in otokx comment it could b anybody.Mr President rest in peace
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by sayso: 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2011
What can I say?is it avoidable?yes but this was an accident.RIP.
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by iyeyemi: 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2011
@otokx, read the post well and stop talking like a bloody illiterate! Even if the guy got involved in politics, which is not what the post indicates, your post would still be very insensitive and foolish, God help us from this never-ending cycle of young nigerians being wasted over matters they know next to nothing about
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by chamber2(m): 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2011

U mean your little brain couldn't comprehend that small passage above?

May his soul rest in peace
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by ossaisly(m): 2:19pm On Jun 07, 2011
ur statement is da most stupid statement i av ever heard since i was born. Pls think b4 u talk.
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by playboy19(m): 2:23pm On Jun 07, 2011
Mai Suya:

I don't think this is fair.

While it could be argued that had the young man not ventured into campus politics, he wouldn't have been at that location at that time and so would probably still be alive.

But then, suppose he wasn't on an 'official' visit? Suppose he went there to visit someone?

The report--yet to be verified though--claims that innocent passersby were attacked. Those people could have been your borhters or sisters.

Thankfully the governor has taken the right step by proscribing the union and arresting the alleged masterminds, 'Tokyo' et al. They must be dealt with.

Wake up Mr. Man and stop deceiving yourself. Let me remind you that the only reason why Ajimobi is now the Governor of Oyo state is because Tokyo was having problem with Akala and he (tokyo) moved to Ajimobi's side, hence support for him. So arrest, Yes (as of now), dealt with, Never gonna happen.

It is only unfortunate that this is happening in the country. Between what is National Orientation Agency doing in the country? Nigerian youth needs to be re-orientated, seriously.
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by Showab1: 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2011
May his soul RIP.
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by chamber2(m): 2:40pm On Jun 07, 2011
It is only unfortunate that this is happening in the country. Between [b]what is National Orientation Agency doing in the country? [/b]Nigerian youth needs to be re-orientated, seriously.

Sharing money, attending meetings and wambe parties, and granting interviews to some journalists shocked shocked shocked

Then they all have Ph.ds, Msc, MBAs and to cap it all, LLM grin

Hahahaha

Nigeria, haba!
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by isuomo: 2:46pm On Jun 07, 2011
He was killed not in Ile-Ife but in Ibadan on Saturday night during the riots between the two foolish factions that claimed 27 lives
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by md4real(m): 2:50pm On Jun 07, 2011
Hye-Bits:

News source!
myself.lol, the guy was a colleague. so sad
otokx:

man you are so daft. even the professional doc have an association.
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by marocguy(m): 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2011
typical of wild wild west, RIP
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by VEE2010(m): 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2011
I think, we are taking the right of Association enshrined in the constitution too far. In Nigeria, Agbero would just gather along major roads holding commuters to ransom yet Government cannot do anything because; Right of Association is in our constitution. I really pity indigent citizens  who cannot afford atleast a tokunbo family car. They are the one suffering from the hands of these evil associations so to speak. However, Let me use this medium to sympathies with the family of the deceased and with all patriotic citizen for this irreparable loss. may the Lord grant the family, fortitude to bear, Regrettably, culprits never brought to book in our own context.
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by otokx(m): 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2011
daft or dumb the guy is dead and who knows how many lectures he would have skipped to go check out another man's grass.
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by stagger: 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2011
otokx:

Dumbest statement I have seen on Nairaland in a long while. Were you not once a student? Who fought for your rights when you were one?

Was it the politicians in Abuja or your fellow colleagues who sacrificed their time, lectures, and sometimes their freedom to ensure that you had light and water on campus?

Unbelievable comment.
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by playboy19(m): 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2011
stagger:

Dumbest statement I have seen on Nairaland in a long while. Were you not once a student? Who fought for your rights when you were one?

Was it the politicians in Abuja or your fellow colleagues who sacrificed their time, lectures, and sometimes their freedom to ensure that you had light and water on campus?

Unbelievable comment.

I think the right question should be, "were you ever a student"?
Re: Nigeria Medical Students' Association President Killed In Nurtw Attack. by bulDozer: 3:25pm On Jun 07, 2011
As much as I hate crime, abhor killings and eschew from violence, I must say I am particularly happy at the killing of an Hausa man, who might probably be the only undergraduate in the Local Government he hails from, right in the heart of the south - west. Pray, what is newsworthy about it? What demands our pity? Are the best of southerners not been deliberately killed in the north? Are southern youth corpers not slaughtered at will like Fulani cattle to satisfy the killing urge of the northerners on a day to day basis? It disheartens me that he was only an innocent victim of the NURTW clashes, who cares not whether he is Hausa or not. Had it been he were deliberately killed by southerners, cognizant of the fact that he is a northerner, I would have popped champagne.
Good riddance to a very bad rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Increasing Disrespect For Nigeria Amongst African Nations / Reviving Enugu State's Coal Production / Tension As Bakassi Militants Send Strong Message To Avengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.