Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 (2538 Views)

Is Nissan Altima 2008 V4 Model A Good Buy? / Nissan Altima 2015 Is It A Good Car / Honda Accord 07 (dc) Or Nissan Altima 06 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by betterbest: 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2021
Goodday everyone,

I was driving home on Tuesday this week when I discovered my rmp rev very high and my car won't move. Few minutes later, no matter how hard I press the gas pedal it won't rev. I called rewired, he scanned the car got just one code (I forgot the code) p1 something. He said the issue is the injector mouth, he ordered one from Ladipo, after fixing it, no improvement at all, he said he needs to use machine to reprogram it.

I'm sacred, this guy might mess up my car.
Car: Nissan Altima 2008, 2.5s

Modified: the code is p1777
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by sultaan(m): 5:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
This is the first step in doing things wrong.

You are familiar with this thread buy you let a kazeem have a go at your car first without understanding what the problem was.

You have to scan the car again post the code and those who know can advice you on what to do.

It is either your transmission or multiple misfire leading to car going to limp mode

2 Likes

Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by betterbest: 5:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
sultaan:

You are familiar with this thread buy you let a kazeem have a go at your car first without understanding what the problem was.

You have to scan the car again post the code and those who know can advice you on what to do.

It is either your transmission or multiple misfire leading to car going to limp mode

Thank you. I'll scan again and post code here

1 Like

Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by Dozieson(m): 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
sultaan:

Gbam
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by middlebelter(m): 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2021
All those Nissan codes can be troublesome. That's how my has been reporting one p02 or so and they said it's Oxygen Sensor 2 having issue. I called NMN at Gbagada, they said it will cost N76k, men I picked race! I am trying to getting a reliable hand at Ladipo to buy and fix the problem because it fuel consumption is high.
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by Cokahot: 8:14am On Nov 13, 2021
Me I am changing my mechanic he scammed me and the thing is he doesn't k ow he is placing curse on himself and stupid wife and kids. 02 sensor 10k.now 02 sensor imnsure is faulty,my codes.. misfire,we ope Ed and changed some spark plugs,now they have gone bad again causing misfire,I'm xo damn sure it's the useless 02 sensor he sold to me,the day I wl change it for him,he go piss for body. Cos if 02 sensor is bad,catalyst wohala go come up

Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by autologic: 8:27am On Nov 13, 2021
Cokahot:
Me I am changing my mechanic he scammed me and the thing is he doesn't k ow he is placing curse on himself and stupid wife and kids. 02 sensor 10k.now 02 sensor imnsure is faulty,my codes.. misfire,we ope Ed and changed some spark plugs,now they have gone bad again causing misfire,I'm xo damn sure it's the useless 02 sensor he sold to me,the day I wl change it for him,he go piss for body. Cos if 02 sensor is bad,catalyst wohala go come up
What made u feel it becos of oxygen sensor he sold to you that is causing misfiring and cat code ? undecided
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by betterbest: 8:36am On Nov 13, 2021
sultaan:

Good morning bro. The code is p1777
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by Cokahot: 11:16am On Nov 13, 2021
Cos 1st time was misfire and we changed some spark plugs. But since he got me an oxygen sensor which eas shorter than the follow come ,I started experiencing mad gas waste. I will scan again. Mechanics are all the same
autologic:

What made u feel it becos of oxygen sensor he sold to you that is causing misfiring and cat code ? undecided
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by autologic: 12:13pm On Nov 13, 2021
Cokahot:
Cos 1st time was misfire and we changed some spark plugs. But since he got me an oxygen sensor which eas shorter than the follow come ,I started experiencing mad gas waste. I will scan again. Mechanics are all the same
Yes lot of bad mechanics around but there are still some good ones around . state you location and we can recommend some to you but expect to pay more .
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by betterbest: 2:33pm On Nov 13, 2021
Still need help o
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by Dozieson(m): 2:45pm On Nov 13, 2021
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by diportivo: 3:35pm On Nov 13, 2021
betterbest:

Good morning bro. The code is p1777

bro

contact oluwaseunla here
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by betterbest: 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2021
diportivo:

bro

contact oluwaseunla here

Thank you very much. I've called him. He said I should bring the car on Thursday.
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by sultaan(m): 6:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
betterbest:
Still need help o

I will post a like on you tube to a video of a fix for this by one of the best in the business, in that case is was a broken wire to the transmission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEEW8165Et0
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by sultaan(m): 6:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
Cokahot:

Your mechanic is using the wrong type of scanner, it says multiple misfire without stating which cylinder is misfiring
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by Cokahot: 6:14pm On Nov 16, 2021
Mr I too know. Na my small scanner ,just to have an idea. I have not had time for mechanic now. I deu drive am like that.
sultaan:

Your mechanic is using the wrong type of scanner, it says multiple misfire without stating which cylinder is misfiring
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by autologic: 6:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
sultaan:

Not necessary that the scanner is wrong, even the best scanner has its limitations detecting some intermittent and random misfire. Even there are lot of misfire diagnosis that your professional scanner will so useless that it won't be able to pick anything and that is where other diagnotics techniques comes in to complement the limitations of your testing tools.

1 Like

Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by sultaan(m): 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2021
Cokahot:
Mr I too know. Na my small scanner ,just to have an idea. I have not had time for mechanic now. I deu drive am like that.

Am I I too know when you were the one that came here with your issue.
Just go open another thread for your issue and let OP get the needed help her.

Your bad vibe is not necessary when the fact remain intact. You have an issue with your car.

I don't like to give negative vibe, and don't want one either, don't mess up OP's thread when he really needs help.

If you do not have any positive contribution keep peace

2 Likes

Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by Cokahot: 8:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ode
sultaan:

Am I I too know when you were the one that came here with your issue.
Just go open another thread for your issue and let OP get the needed help her.

Your bad vibe is not necessary when the fact remain intact. You have an issue with your car.

I don't like to give negative vibe, and don't want one either, don't mess up OP's thread when he really needs help.

If you do not have any positive contribution keep peace
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by betterbest: 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2021
sultaan:

I will post a like on you tube to a video of a fix for this by one of the best in the business, in that case is was a broken wire to the transmission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEEW8165Et0

Thank you for this. I appreciate
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by dadebayo1(m): 3:52pm On Apr 13, 2022
betterbest:

Thank you for this. I appreciate

Please how did you layer solve the issue? My car giving similar issues
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by Angrygoat: 4:20pm On Apr 13, 2022
They should service the injectors,maybe mechanic engine oil,don block the needle tiny holes,or whoever worked on the engine did not service it. If after every,that is servicing/cleaning them did not work. Then get ready to replace either throttlebody sensor or the whole body of the electronic throttle system.
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by betterbest: 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2022
dadebayo1:

Please how did you layer solve the issue? My car giving similar issues

So sorry, I'm just seeing this now. Oluwaseunnla fixed the car. It was later discovered the valve body and stepper motor are the culprits. Its been a year now and I've never experienced issue with the transmission. I didn't change the whole transmission, we only changed the valve body and stepper motor.

In all, I spent 183,000

Valve body: 120,000
Stepper motor: 15,000
NS-2: 18,000
Service charge: 30,000

1 Like

Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by sultaan(m): 12:58am On Nov 08, 2022
Does that mean the video from YouTube pointed I'm the right direction
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by Antibettings: 9:03pm On Nov 08, 2022
betterbest:

So sorry, I'm just seeing this now. Oluwaseunnla fixed the car. It was later discovered the valve body and stepper motor are the culprits. Its been a year now and I've never experienced issue with the transmission. I didn't change the whole transmission, we only changed the valve body and stepper motor.

In all, I spent 183,000

Valve body: 120,000
Stepper motor: 15,000
NS-2: 18,000
Service charge: 30,000

Valve body 183k ��� na new one?
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by betterbest: 11:38am On Nov 09, 2022
Antibettings:

Valve body 183k ��� na new one?

Read again bro. The 183k includes stepper motor, NS-2 transmission oil, valve body and service charge
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by Antibettings: 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2022
betterbest:

Read again bro. The 183k includes stepper motor, NS-2 transmission oil, valve body and service charge
ok
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by Tgiirl(m): 8:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
diportivo:

bro

contact oluwaseunla here

I'm having same issue with nissan rogue 2008.

How do I get the contact pls
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by Tgiirl(m): 8:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
betterbest:

Thank you very much. I've called him. He said I should bring the car on Thursday.

I'm having same issue with nissan rogue 2008.

How do I get the contact pls
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by Blackbishop(m): 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2023
middlebelter:
All those Nissan codes can be troublesome. That's how my has been reporting one p02 or so and they said it's Oxygen Sensor 2 having issue. I called NMN at Gbagada, they said it will cost N76k, men I picked race! I am trying to getting a reliable hand at Ladipo to buy and fix the problem because it fuel consumption is high.

The price might not be too high bro. At mine I will change the two to an oem parts which is quite pricey with warranty
Re: Nissan Altima Issue - P1777 by Blackbishop(m): 12:30pm On Mar 01, 2023
Cokahot:

What is your brand of car? Maybe I can help you through?

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Things To NEVER Forget When Buying A Used Car / Which Should I Go For? Mercedes ML 320 2002 OR Toyoto Highlander 2003 / Get A Loan In Minutes Use Your Verified Car As Collateral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.