Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? (27685 Views)

My Husband Hasn't Touched Me For More Than A Year / I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later / Woman Gives Birth To A Dead Baby, Shares His Photos Online To Grieve (graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by samuel051: 10:02am On Nov 14, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
Twas in 2002 when my girlfriend died in my room.
She took plenty drugs because she missed her monthly network. She started bleeding uncontrollably around 01:29am, I couldn't seek for help because the whole will put me in trouble. She was the social prefect and we were classmates.
Before I could say a word, she collapsed and died. I was confused first.

I thought of dumping her dead body and escape but her friend knew about her coming to my house.
The next day, it was blown up. My proprietor nearly butcher me.
Las las I was expelled from the skool, and worst of it, I was forced to marry the dead girl and also compelled to lay by her side for 24hours. Delta people... hmmm una badt gan!

The whole scenerio was fun, sort of.

So, mine was in 2002 in my SS1
holy gram
Tell us u re kidding man..
See ruff play,better ruff play
Wtf man..

7 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by McOluOmo: 10:04am On Nov 14, 2021
BarrElChapo:

You know it is good to have this topic FP every once in a while it is good to remember that we're only transiting here & any day we could be meeting our maker.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Rapture4real(m): 10:05am On Nov 14, 2021
Any fear for a dead body is an imaginary fear. A dead person is like a lifeless mattress. The real person has gone and I'm another world. The soul lives forever. It's only the container that we bury. Give your life to Jesus Christ so that you have eternal life.

6 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Youngthankgod(m): 10:05am On Nov 14, 2021
August 28 2017, my grandfather, he was a very caring father that does not neglect any of his children and grandchildren, the man na brain box itself

4 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Youngthankgod(m): 10:08am On Nov 14, 2021
08/28/2017
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by ceematics: 10:09am On Nov 14, 2021

12 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by LongEraser: 10:10am On Nov 14, 2021
uncleck:
I will was 7. We have this NAME SAKE culture. The person I was named after died at the age of 114 years. I was brought to see his corpse at his wake keep. As a titled man, he was laid in his sitting room, all the walls were decorated with George material. A high makeshift bed where he was laid was decorated with white materials. A man who I can't remember his identity now raised me up and I touched his dead body and bid him farewell. This is almost 30 years ago

Sorry, boss, which culture is this?

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by LongEraser: 10:11am On Nov 14, 2021
Oizee:
Years ago when I lost my Mum....

It must have been painful for you.
Sorry for your loss.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:12am On Nov 14, 2021
The day I shaked Buhari !

3 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by LongEraser: 10:13am On Nov 14, 2021
Favfables1:
Touching dead body is my hubby grin
When you don dey cadever lab ((place they keep dead bodies for practicals)), 2hours 3times per week...all this feeling of fear, will pass

Well done, boss. I always wonder where medical schools get the dead bodies they stuff their cadever labs with.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by ceematics: 10:14am On Nov 14, 2021
LongEraser:

Well done, boss. I always wonder where medical schools get the dead bodies they stuff their cadever labs with.
They use bodies of Cultists,Criminals and abandoned corpses.

5 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Abakelawal(f): 10:15am On Nov 14, 2021
Comanche:
My mum cry . I was the one with her when she breathed her last in the midnight and I had to stay with her because it was too late for any other family to journey down to us.

And I wasn't scared which was quite surprising for someone like me that grew up scared of shadows and imaginary ghosts up till my adulthood.

When i was younger i wouldn't go in to sleep and would rather doze sitting up till everyone was done gisting on the verandah late in the night and when I was older I wouldn't sleep with the lights off.

What always amazed me about that night was that she was still warm when I suddenly woke up from a sudden waft of cold but she had already passed on. But by day she was already cold, stiff and heavy.

I even had to quickly cut and sew the white clothes she was buried in myself, help wash her and clothe her for the jannazah. I kept wondering if that was the same person i knew all my life lieing so cold and immobile. Till today I can't stand the smell of lux soap because she was bathed with it and a sick sweetly smell permeated the air during and after. I wasn't even if the smell was from the lux, from the dead body or just a mixture of the two.

Inalilahi waina ilaihi rojiun.... May Allah forgive her sins and Grant her aljana firdausi
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by magictonic(m): 10:18am On Nov 14, 2021
We were gisting in the hospital.

I held her for a long time, telling her how much I loved her.

For a while, she stopped responding, I thought she wanted to have a nap.

I called on the Doctor-on-duty to come and check her.

That's when I heard the worst 6 words of my life: "Young man, your mum is dead"

11 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by kingreign(m): 10:25am On Nov 14, 2021
ShawnT:
Mine was last year December on my birthday,I decided to go have fun that night and enter club carry babe Buh I wasn't feeling the club so I left the club around 2am to go bk home and sleep.I was driving towards police headquarters when some officers waved me to stop,being a military personnel I stopped and they pleaded that I should pls help them convey this accident victims to the hospital, that the lady among them is in critical condition, so I decide to help but getting to there to pick the lady she has given up a ghost. I had to touch her hand may b I'll feel a pulse Buh she was cold.The officers told me that she was alive and breathing for over an hour but all the cars they stopped didn't stop or help. Pls let's try and help accident victims it could happen to anyone.
Sir, you are a uniform personnel and that's why they respected you. Alot of stories are abound where the good Samaritan becomes roped into or implicated in a crime or an accident situation just because they stopped to help.

11 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by kingreign(m): 10:26am On Nov 14, 2021
dasanchez1:
cry cry sorry man
Thanks Bro!
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 14, 2021
LongEraser:

Weldon cheif...
Well...
I can't say for all cadever labs...
Buh ...
The ones we have in our labs are from...

1. Suspects shot by police and no one comes to claim their bodies after a very long time.
2. Accident victims that no one has come to claim their bodies after a very long time
3. Family members who donate the bodies of their people and leave them there ((probably because the dead folk committed an offense and no one is willing to identify with them for fear of incurring curses or something... Na their tradition Sha)).

But...
I was told by one of the attendant that if a persons body stay in the morgue for about 5 years or more and they try to reach out to the family ((or to the person who deposited the body)) and all means to do so fail, they can use the body for practicals... I don't know if there's any legal backing o...but na wetin them tell us for year 2

4 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:28am On Nov 14, 2021
samuel051:
holy gram
Tell us u re kidding man..
See ruff play,better ruff play
Wtf man..

Kidding? I don't get it.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Abakelawal(f): 10:29am On Nov 14, 2021
Hmmmmm.... Normal thing for me as a health personel
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by geezynoni: 10:29am On Nov 14, 2021
Never touched a dead person, will never touch a dead person.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by GOFRONT(m): 10:31am On Nov 14, 2021
My brother.......he died in the car on the way to the hospital........I touched him, body so cold and joints so stiff, we bathed him, dress him up on white robe and laid him up in that Casket......

RIP danny

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by 18wheeler: 10:31am On Nov 14, 2021
May 2004. It was an uncle, a distant one who had been at his brother'shouse in my neighborhood in Jos for some weeks on treatment.
Just woke from sleep that morning when the younger uncle came to my house. After discussing with my dad my dad called me to ask to follow younger uncle to his house to help him with some stuff. I ignorantly dressed up and while we were walking to the house they were discussing the burial arrangements in our local dialect. I dont speak the language but I understand when its spoken. That was when the shivers hit my body. Ha! Burial? It was only one thing, senior man was no more. Younger Uncle also called a neighbor of about my age to help. We got to the room. The body laid on the bed with nothing on. How little a man can be when lifeless.
We had to wear some shirt and trouser on the body and carry it from the room to the car. It was one of the hardest things I did both physically and mentally. To be honest human bodies weigh more than live humans. We got to the morgue and another shocker. The attendant said we shouldn't have worn clothes on him because they would need the body naked for effective preservation. We had to strip the body naked again. Wow! Took us another 15-20 minutes of struggle. Kai!
We finally did it and were asked to wash ourselves in a sink there though we wore plastic gloves all through. That experience kept playing on my mind through that day. I could barely eat for the whole day. I didn't attend the burial because of my mind state then.
RIP Baba Bala

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by samuel051: 10:31am On Nov 14, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:

Kidding? I don't get it.
tell us it's a joke..

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Exkandayee(m): 10:32am On Nov 14, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
Twas in 2002 when my girlfriend died in my room.
She took plenty drugs because she missed her monthly network. She started bleeding uncontrollably around 01:29am, I couldn't seek for help because the whole will put me in trouble. She was the social prefect and we were classmates.
Before I could say a word, she collapsed and died. I was confused first.

I thought of dumping her dead body and escape but her friend knew about her coming to my house.
The next day, it was blown up. My proprietor nearly butcher me.
Las las I was expelled from the skool, and worst of it, I was forced to marry the dead girl and also compelled to lay by her side for 24hours. Delta people... hmmm una badt gan!

The whole scenerio was fun, sort of.

So, mine was in 2002 in my SS1
Bro this one shock me,omo you don see thinyoooh, mine was 2017 when my dad died in my arms
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Broveens42(m): 10:33am On Nov 14, 2021
I don't know how strange this may sound but I thought I was strong, having been through preclinicals, Until my dad died. I witnessed an unusual fright and tension entering the mortuary.

The fright disappeared after NYSC when I went to the mortuary for a friend's mum
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by blackgold2018(m): 10:36am On Nov 14, 2021
appishani1:
I have never touch a death person in my life.
and you think you are better than those that have touched a dead person

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Imustnottalk: 10:36am On Nov 14, 2021
SATANlST:
this early sunday morning when your mates are hustling or planning to go to church, u are starting it up with this type of negativity.
both u and the mod that felt it was ok to move this to front page are mad angry
u should have said u helped to carry a dead body instead of asking ur father rubbish
remember na person go carry your corpse when you die so humble yourself

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by bunnae(f): 10:42am On Nov 14, 2021
Pinkyposh:

It's even bad for me, cos as a health personnel, I don't show sympathy to relatives of a dead patient... I just walk away or even be gisting to a colleague right in their presence... I'm that cold, I feel nothing anymore
This is not right Sha. Just saying. It's good to have empathy.

7 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Bamzyriches451: 10:46am On Nov 14, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
undecided

Nobody prays for such but when it happens, you'll have no option left for you.
You aren't lying though
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by NovesaTillie(f): 10:50am On Nov 14, 2021
My dad. cry
I touched his hands, held him and almost climbed into the coffin to lay next to him cry cry cry
He was My best friend embarassed

3 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by goodLord3dg2: 10:53am On Nov 14, 2021
Never done that in my life
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Kinterez(m): 10:58am On Nov 14, 2021
Mortuary attendants gather here lets laugh a little....dead body is just like every body..you clean them up and move on

4 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Trojan8(m): 11:01am On Nov 14, 2021
I have not touched one cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kaduna Pensioner Burns Down His House To Prevent Estranged Wife From Returning / Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement / My Husband Has Refused To Pay Back A N5m Loan I Got For Him – Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.