Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? (27684 Views)

My Husband Hasn't Touched Me For More Than A Year / I Saw A Dead Family Friend Two Years Later / Woman Gives Birth To A Dead Baby, Shares His Photos Online To Grieve (graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Oizee(f): 12:39pm On Nov 14, 2021
KingMack:

Likewise..her body was so warm
eyya, I'm so sorry
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Drunkard1: 12:39pm On Nov 14, 2021
Me and my kid bro wen we were living with my grandma in the village due to my parents steady fighing issue. We where playing in the bush wen we went to fetch firewood. He was bitten by a snake a puff adder. I was 11 and he was like 6years at that time. I remember him telling me he was bitten by a scorpion and i told him it was a chookoo chookoo he step on. We where playing but his mood and body changed he became instant quiet. I thought he doesnt want to play the fact he did not cry still shocked me till this day i would have known something terrible happend to him. I was still playing he lie down one place sweating i still ignore him playing around did not know he was dying. Wen i saw a big firewood i told him to bring cutlass let me cut it. He did not answer why lying down. I had to shout but he still did not anwer.i had to get close i notice his leg was swolen and kind of dark. I knew something was wrong instead of me to carry him and go home for help i left him there ran home nobody was there went to my neibor dey followed me. Wen we got there he was dead. I had to touch him to know if he was alright. He quickly carried my broda and ran out of the bush told me to come with him. Then i saw the monster snake that bit my brother in a dry grass staring at me. I couldnt do anything cos i though it was a scorpoin or a chooko chooko was just confuse. Had to run after the man. He took him to a herbalist and dey told us it was a snake. I did not cry was thinking he would wake up that was the last i saw him. The neibor took him to his place and ask me to stay outside he would wake up. I was just lost in the world my only bro i play with forgeting our family issue. Wen my grandma came home. I heard her shouting crying. I knew is over. Since den i am not close to my other siblings i feel playing with them would result to bad thing and i was so careless not to help my brother.. And till this day i hate my parents and myself the more. He was the only true love i have cos we where both close. Very generous. Wis i have to turn back the time. I would have kill that moster if i heard know it was it that bite my brother. Dead to all snake and to all parents ruining there children future cos u cant keep shit together by simple understanding. Modified this is exact monster. Any time i see snake news on this forum i am always hurt always have the flashback..

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by suffering: 12:43pm On Nov 14, 2021
Random fact; at least 40% of deaths in Nigerian hospitals are preventable. Many coma cases are immediately registered as dead on arrival, easy to patch gunshot wounds bleed out completely and some locations do not have the facilities needed for specific surgery operations. Let’s not enter the many preventable deaths during childbirths, that’s a story for another day.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Anfieldster(m): 12:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
PLEASE SAVE MY WIFE

As some of you might be aware, my wife and son were amongst those involved in an accident few distance from Okene while traveling from Kabba to Benin for a wedding on Friday, November 5, 2021. The accident claimed 5 lives; amongst which was my Step mother, Mrs. Comfort Obahopo, my Wife's sister, Mrs. Titilope Owoyomi Giwa.

While my son had recovered and just going through routine check-up at Citi - Clinic, Lokoja my wife medical situation is yet to be resolved. We have moved from Okene Zonal Hospital where she was first admitted as an unconscious patient for a day + to FMC Lokoja, then to University Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada and presently at Alliance Hospital, Garki Abuja where she's to undergo surgery immediately.

The surgery is to correct her vertebra bones that has rested on her Spinal cord, before physiotherapy process; then we wait on God to give her a possibility to walk again. The surgery is also to correct further damage to her body...and it is urgent!

The surgery is N2.5 million, while the other process is estimated to cost additional N1 million. All together, we need N3.5 million!!!

I hereby covet your supports:
1. To support us financial with any amount as we run around to raise the funds.
2. To pray for a successful surgery �
3. To petition heaven with your prayers that at the end of the whole process, my wife will be able to walk again.

So far we have spent little less than N1 million within the past 9 days in these four hospitals; monies that came from all our savings and donations from some personalities. We are presently financially exhausted and at our lowest ebb.

Please help save her life and give us a glimpse of hope that she will still use her leg again.

May God bless you all.

Boluwaji Obahopo
Vanguard correspondent
Kogi State.

NOTE:
ACCOUNT DETAILS:
BOLUWAJI OBAHOPO
UBA, 2034447686.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Prenonjebose: 12:54pm On Nov 14, 2021
Drunkard1:
Me and my kid bro wen we were living with my grandma in the village due to my parents steady fighing issue. We where playing in the bush wen we went to fetch firewood. He was bitten by a snake a puff adder. I was 11 and he was like 6years at that time. I remember him telling me he was bitten by a scorpion and i told him it was a chookoo chookoo he step on. We where playing but his mood and body changed he became instant quiet. I thought he doesnt want to play the fact he did not cry still shocked me till this day i would have known something terrible happend to him. I was still playing he lie down one place sweating i still ignore him playing around did not know he was dying. Wen i saw a big firewood i told him to bring cutlass let me cut it. He did not answer why lying down. I had to shout but he still did not anwer.i had to get close i notice his leg was swolen and kind of dark. I knew something was wrong instead of me to carry him and go home for help i left him there ran home nobody was there went to my neibor dey followed me. Wen we got there he was dead. I had to touch him to know if he was alright. He quickly carried my broda and ran out of the bush told me to come with him. Then i saw the monster snake that bit my brother in a dry grass staring at me. I couldnt do anything cos i though it was a scorpoin or a chooko chooko was just confuse. Had to run after the man. He took him to a herbalist and dey told us it was a snake. I did not cry was thinking he would wake up that was the last i saw him. The neibor took him to his place and ask me to stay outside he would wake up. I was just lost in the world my only bro i play with forgeting our family issue. Wen my grandma came home. I heard her shouting crying. I knew is over. Since den i am not close to my other siblings i feel playing with them would result to bad thing and i was so careless not to help my brother.. And till this day i hate my patents and myself the more. He was the only true love i have cos we where both close. Very generous. Wis i have to turn back the time. I would have kill that moster if i heard know it was it that bite my brother. Dead to all snake and to all parents ruining there children future cos u cant keep shit together by simple understanding.
You were young and inexperienced. That was a terrible experience. It's not easy to lose a sibling.

5 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by door2(m): 1:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
embarassedMy dad. Two weeks ago.

4 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by ceematics: 1:10pm On Nov 14, 2021
Realhommie:
2111 Is 90 years away. If the world hasn't ended by then i promise you there are people here on this forum who would still be alive.

Some people can live long, i mean all the factors and forces will just work in their favor. A 30 year old now could live for 120 years and i hope you know there are teenagers on this forum too? Plenty of them.
Not this generation bruh..not this generation!
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Fash20: 1:21pm On Nov 14, 2021
Favfables1:
Touching dead body is my hubby grin
When you don dey cadever lab ((place they keep dead bodies for practicals)), 2hours 3times per week...all this feeling of fear, will pass

I had to stop watching a youtube channel when I latter researched what cadever is.

Scared the daylight sh!t out of me
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by chiedozie198100: 1:21pm On Nov 14, 2021
I helped carry my both parents
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by olaszydaruma(m): 1:24pm On Nov 14, 2021
Conwarden:

RIP to the dead.
Sorry OP

Meanwhile. . .

angry

Life sentence for all scammers . . . including paternity fraudsters!

It seems you have being hit hard by a fraudster and a paternity fraud woman
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by computersoft: 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2021
Drunkard1:
Me and my kid bro wen we were living with my grandma in the village due to my parents steady fighing issue. We where playing in the bush wen we went to fetch firewood. He was bitten by a snake a puff adder. I was 11 and he was like 6years at that time. I remember him telling me he was bitten by a scorpion and i told him it was a chookoo chookoo he step on. We where playing but his mood and body changed he became instant quiet. I thought he doesnt want to play the fact he did not cry still shocked me till this day i would have known something terrible happend to him. I was still playing he lie down one place sweating i still ignore him playing around did not know he was dying. Wen i saw a big firewood i told him to bring cutlass let me cut it. He did not answer why lying down. I had to shout but he still did not anwer.i had to get close i notice his leg was swolen and kind of dark. I knew something was wrong instead of me to carry him and go home for help i left him there ran home nobody was there went to my neibor dey followed me. Wen we got there he was dead. I had to touch him to know if he was alright. He quickly carried my broda and ran out of the bush told me to come with him. Then i saw the monster snake that bit my brother in a dry grass staring at me. I couldnt do anything cos i though it was a scorpoin or a chooko chooko was just confuse. Had to run after the man. He took him to a herbalist and dey told us it was a snake. I did not cry was thinking he would wake up that was the last i saw him. The neibor took him to his place and ask me to stay outside he would wake up. I was just lost in the world my only bro i play with forgeting our family issue. Wen my grandma came home. I heard her shouting crying. I knew is over. Since den i am not close to my other siblings i feel playing with them would result to bad thing and i was so careless not to help my brother.. And till this day i hate my parents and myself the more. He was the only true love i have cos we where both close. Very generous. Wis i have to turn back the time. I would have kill that moster if i heard know it was it that bite my brother. Dead to all snake and to all parents ruining there children future cos u cant keep shit together by simple understanding.
So sorry about that. What is d state of your parents now bro.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by uncleck: 1:30pm On Nov 14, 2021
Missyajoke:

Nothing ohh but you indirectly disclosed your age on the social media
Lol. It's girls that are so particular about age, besides you still got it wrong

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by juman(m): 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2021
Sad event.
Touched dead body one time.
A cousin, thirteen years old girl. Brilliant student. .
More than two decades ago. Or three decades.
I shed tears right now.
She died of "ordinary " typhoid.
Help when they were bathing her.

3 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Elolam87(m): 1:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
Sadly, this is a horrible thread but a reality of every mortal, had to fight back tears.mum, continue to rest in peace.Miss you soo much

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by lordsharks(m): 1:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
Year two of school
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by ChasinGood(m): 1:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
Everybody hurts sometimes. This thread actually got me feeling emotional. The thoughts bout losing a loved one. To all who've lost loved ones,wish you good healing. My biggest fear is loosing my.... Can't even type it.
*Tears

5 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Victorclean1: 1:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
Last two years
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by God1000(m): 1:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
Drunkard1:
Me and my kid bro wen we were living with my grandma in the village due to my parents steady fighing issue. We where playing in the bush wen we went to fetch firewood. He was bitten by a snake a puff adder. I was 11 and he was like 6years at that time. I remember him telling me he was bitten by a scorpion and i told him it was a chookoo chookoo he step on. We where playing but his mood and body changed he became instant quiet. I thought he doesnt want to play the fact he did not cry still shocked me till this day i would have known something terrible happend to him. I was still playing he lie down one place sweating i still ignore him playing around did not know he was dying. Wen i saw a big firewood i told him to bring cutlass let me cut it. He did not answer why lying down. I had to shout but he still did not anwer.i had to get close i notice his leg was swolen and kind of dark. I knew something was wrong instead of me to carry him and go home for help i left him there ran home nobody was there went to my neibor dey followed me. Wen we got there he was dead. I had to touch him to know if he was alright. He quickly carried my broda and ran out of the bush told me to come with him. Then i saw the monster snake that bit my brother in a dry grass staring at me. I couldnt do anything cos i though it was a scorpoin or a chooko chooko was just confuse. Had to run after the man. He took him to a herbalist and dey told us it was a snake. I did not cry was thinking he would wake up that was the last i saw him. The neibor took him to his place and ask me to stay outside he would wake up. I was just lost in the world my only bro i play with forgeting our family issue. Wen my grandma came home. I heard her shouting crying. I knew is over. Since den i am not close to my other siblings i feel playing with them would result to bad thing and i was so careless not to help my brother.. And till this day i hate my parents and myself the more. He was the only true love i have cos we where both close. Very generous. Wis i have to turn back the time. I would have kill that moster if i heard know it was it that bite my brother. Dead to all snake and to all parents ruining there children future cos u cant keep shit together by simple understanding.
this is heartbreaking experience, may his gentle soul continue to rest in peace

3 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by emapeteum(m): 1:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
Foodqueen:
My mom- I only touched her hand. Till today I still regret not hugging her and placing a forever long kiss on her forehead cry
Your story remind me when my mum left this on August 7.I hug and kissed her on her forehead.I will always have her in mind

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by babadem2much(m): 1:59pm On Nov 14, 2021
Touching the dead to me is like shaking hand with the living, countless times and still not scared of even you reading...
my late dad told me never to be scared of the dead because every living man is as good as dead man.....
I no see where I no fit help carry dead body even decomposing corpse because tomorrow mày be my day
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Aidejay(m): 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2021
this is the most heartbreaking and darkest thread I've ever read on this forum.

for the sisters and brothers and friends and mothers and father's that have all passed, may we all who still hurt be comforted today in jesus name.

6 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Oziahete(m): 2:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
Oizee:
Years ago when I lost my Mum....
may her soul continue to rest in peace.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by pwettyme(f): 2:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
1.My baby girl shortly after birth.
Such a crazyy feeling...I was only wishing I could breath in life into her.

2.On the 29th of October 2021 my mum was laid to rest. I couldn't touch or feel her because her casket was embodied in glass....I really wish I did. Such a vibrant and powerful woman with high educational qualification...was lust laying down cold.
Life is cruel.

4 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by pgmind: 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
Oizee:
Years ago when I lost my Mum....
Sorry my bro...I feel the pain you are going through, it is not easy to loose mum.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Betallion: 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2021
I watched with a very deep grief as my late father died on my hands. He had stroke prior to his death.

7 yrs later, my mom died from breast cancer. I saw her dead body lying on the bed. Thought she was sleeping, tried waking her up but she never woke up.

You see eh, since I lost my parents; death non dey freak me again.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Corroro: 2:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
Never have I done that before.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Vinnie2000(m): 2:31pm On Nov 14, 2021
Drunkard1:

Sorry not to Offend anybody
But
Hope Mr. Lalasticlala and the Snake FanBase/Celebrators in Nairaland can see this! undecided

Snake, The Worst creature ever to grace this Earth! embarassed sad

1 Like

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by WarriFirstBorn(m): 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2021
2014, my grandma.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Chibudollar: 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2021
chukwugoziegi:
My mother, her fingers were so cold and it looked like she was in a deep, peaceful sleep.

Before her, I used to be AFRAID of dead bodies, after her, I became a pro. Na me dey follow people go Mortuary these days go carry body. Nothing to be afraid of anymore. I even offer to wash them sometimes.
to wash dead body dey sweet you, are you normal like this

2 Likes

Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by jamesversion: 2:46pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nilx:
Well for me, it’s just few minute ago. I was shit scared when they told me to go help them carry him so we can take him in a car to hospital.

I had to wait for my dad before I entered the house. Midway to the car, he lost his life. I was fucking scared..... I’m back alone at home while my mom and dad are still at the neighbor house.....

Feb 4th 2017. That day I decided to enjoy life the best i can. Cos when one dies, everything becomes vanity.
Re: When Was The First Time You Touched A Dead Person? by Hed0nist: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2021
It depends.
First time ever was in Cadaver room, during gross anatomy practicals. Year 2.

Others were on account of unsuccessful CPR: Men, women, babies.

Not to forget those that were BID (brought in dead). You would have to examine to confirm death.

Did all these with gloves sha, so I’m not sure if they count.

Not going to include all those rats, rabbits and mice that I helped to dissect and harvest their organs. They have no souls so they don’t count.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Kaduna Pensioner Burns Down His House To Prevent Estranged Wife From Returning / Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement / My Husband Has Refused To Pay Back A N5m Loan I Got For Him – Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.