Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. (34356 Views)

Which Should I Go For ? 650k For Hybrid Start Up Or 350k Two Remote Jobs / Latest Social Media Manager/ Personal Business Hybrid /work From Home ) Jobs / FG Raise Fed Workers Salary From 58k To 80k ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Powersurge: 7:06pm On Nov 14, 2021
Opexzy:

Yeah you guessed right...
I currently occupy software architect and software engineer roles in my current jobs

If it's these role they pay u for, go for it. Substitutes dey scarce. No matter what nothing dey fit use u do. And to change job no hard.

1 Like

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Number999: 7:22pm On Nov 14, 2021
FanOfMyself:

It doesn't really matter the gender of the individual. What matters most is the area he/she is very good at. Which comes as a result of "deep self searching" (if I can use the phrase). But most ladies that I know are UI/UX designers and Frontend developers. Probably because these two areas requires little or no Logic/Arithmetics.
Generally, if you are naturally creative and good with graphics, I will suggest UI/UX design.
But you really need to do some facts finding and maybe try each area.
So these are the popular areas as long as web applications development is concerned:
1. UI/UX designer
2. Frontend developer
3. Backend developer
4. DevOps

There are others, but these are the popular areas any serious company must have imo.
I'm a Frontend/Backend developer with some DevOps skills as well because I can host apps on the cloud. I have basic knowledge of UI UX design but I am not good with graphics so I didn't go further.

Finally, I also train and mentor SERIOUS newbies at an affordable fee.
Check my personal website on my signature below.

Hopefully all I have said made some sense.
Want to go into Software and Application testing. Is it that lucrative in Nigeria?
Thank you.
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by teddyK(m): 7:27pm On Nov 14, 2021
Can u help me out

FanOfMyself:

He is software developer.
I'm also a software developer and I have two jobs which are both remote. Both companies are in Lagos while I am in Abuja trying to secure another one with a company in the USA through their Nigerian partner who are training us. Though one of the two companies are kinda shaking but I am still their employee.
Bottom line is for you to learn any IT related skills as it's the new gold mine.
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by FiverrTutor(m): 7:43pm On Nov 14, 2021
nisot14:
Boss, I want to start learning Software engineering by next year,
Pls I need a pathway on how to go about it pls
Can you drop ur mail...so i can message u directly

There is a link to a website I would have shared with you and others here on this forum but unfortunately I don't have it now but I'll check.. kalada1983@yahoo.com
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by ndividual: 8:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
Opexzy:
Hello Nairalanders..

I am a bit confused right now. I have two remote jobs currently, they both pay me 200k and 150k salary respectively. These two companies have been existing for over 3 years so they have built up structure that one could trust a little over time...

I recently applied for another full-time job, it's a startup that is just moving from ideation phase to implementation. And they are offering me 650k salary a month even though I told them my salary expectation is 500k a month. I will be working 2 days onsite, 3 days remotely.

I am enticed by this new salary and at the same time, my current jobs have built structure that I can trust.

Not to even mention that I occupy a very important position in these two companies: though not a big deal.

Please i am just confused... Just finanlized everything with the company’s management team.. I am meant to resume next two weeks.

Call out what it is you are afraid of:

That you risk leaving two jobs that are established for you or go for the 650k one?

The new job will give you an extra 250k to your income. if you can maintain your current expenditure that's an extra 250k of savings per month.
if that extra money goes a long way to your savings or other financial goals (and you are young) you could go for it. regardless of how the new job fares, just working there gives you extra money to save. And worst case scenario if you last a year at the new job and you no wan do again, the extra savings/time to pick your next job will certainly help.

Assuming the pay is regular. That's where your homework/decision lies. All can seem good in paper but I have learnt all too well that the real details are after you say yes.

So whatever you do, make sure the worst case scenario is survivable by you alone. Besides that, avoid lifestyle inflation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Dollywood(m): 8:08pm On Nov 14, 2021
FanOfMyself:

I'm also a software developer and I have two jobs which are both remote. Both companies are in Lagos while I am in Abuja trying to secure another one with a company in the USA through their Nigerian partner who are training us. Though one of the two companies are kinda shaking but I am still their employee.
Bottom line is for you to learn any IT related skills as it's the new gold mine.

Baba rest, you lying. Only few of the the IT jobs are goldmine and not all pays you fat salaries, it also depends on your luck. Y'all should stop sugar-coating everything.

1 Like

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by shotin(m): 8:08pm On Nov 14, 2021
FanOfMyself:

It doesn't really matter the gender of the individual. What matters most is the area he/she is very good at. Which comes as a result of "deep self searching" (if I can use the phrase). But most ladies that I know are UI/UX designers and Frontend developers. Probably because these two areas requires little or no Logic/Arithmetics.
Generally, if you are naturally creative and good with graphics, I will suggest UI/UX design.
So these are the popular areas as long as web applications development is concerned:
1. UI/UX designer
2. Frontend developer
3. Backend developer
4. DevOps

There are others, but these are the popular areas any serious company must have imo.
I'm a Frontend/Backend developer with some DevOps skills as well because I can host apps on the cloud. I have basic knowledge of UI UX design but I am not good with graphics so I didn't go further.

. Can you link me with any remote jobs pls i am in ilorin and i code using php, laravel and react.. I am also good using mysql database... Thanks

1 Like

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Dollywood(m): 8:09pm On Nov 14, 2021
FanOfMyself:

1. UI/UX designer
2. Frontend developer
3. Backend developer
4. DevOps

Bad man grin

1 Like

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by de3lar(m): 8:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
FanOfMyself:

How do you even get the jobs, I and my female friend is finding it hard to get jobs in the IT field.

Kindly help a nigga out please.
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by webizone(m): 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2021
samfrancis1:
please how easy can it be to have an it knowledge.. how fast and from where can one start?
It can take months or years. Depends on how fast you can grab concepts and remember them.
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Greatdand007(m): 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2021
Opexzy:
Hello Nairalanders..

I am a bit confused right now. I have two remote jobs currently, they both pay me 200k and 150k salary respectively. These two companies have been existing for over 3 years so they have built up structure that one could trust a little over time...

I recently applied for another full-time job, it's a startup that is just moving from ideation phase to implementation. And they are offering me 650k salary a month even though I told them my salary expectation is 500k a month. I will be working 2 days onsite, 3 days remotely.

I am enticed by this new salary and at the same time, my current jobs have built structure that I can trust.

Not to even mention that I occupy a very important position in these two companies: though not a big deal.

Please i am just confused... Just finanlized everything with the company’s management team.. I am meant to resume next two weeks.

Wow good job am interested in having this skills please can I have your number
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Nwaotu10(m): 8:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
kenny714433:

Hello Nwaotu, I bought a pc specially get an IT skill. I've added some courses in my cart on Udemy. What remained was someone to guide me on what and where to start from. I intended going for Cyber security course. Can we talk more about this plz?

Cyber security is cool.
You're good to go, bro.
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by victorazy(m): 9:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
Opexzy:
Hello Nairalanders..

Guy show us the way grin
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Poanan: 9:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
FanOfMyself:

Please guide me. I have a commercial background. Like which IT skill can a person with commercial background do?
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by bcomputer101: 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
Opexzy:

Is this the best you can do... I know some people that know me personally here will just be smiling at you..

That I invested in my uncle's farm now turns me into a farmer, lol, and by the way, what's wrong in being a farmer.

I would have given you my LinkedIn profile to connect, but I am here for sensible peoples advice not to show off.

See bitterness on steroids..

All na still hyping bro.
Stop crying young man.
We sabi this kind cruise.
Enjoy the fame till it last...

1 Like

Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Ryan14(m): 10:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
FanOfMyself:

My friend is 38, competent in all under listed programs.
What is does he require to boost his chances of landing a remote job?

I have advise him to do online certification courses on Excel and AutoCAD because of my little knowledge on the programs.
Can he find a job with these 2? Whats your advice pls

Microsoft excel
Microsoft word
Autocad
Corel Draw
Digital Image Processing
Adobe Photoshop
Powerpoint
Project Management
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by hefeeluv: 2:41am On Nov 15, 2021
mikezuruki:

Please what are your core skills?
Please can you kindly answer these
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by OhiOfIhima: 6:09am On Nov 15, 2021
FanOfMyself:

Okay, I will mention you if there's any openings or something.

Thanks brother
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by sugaslim(m): 7:22am On Nov 15, 2021
Nwaotu10:

If you can lend me your spare one for a few weeks or months, I'd honestly appreciate it. I just want to get started. I'm already saving for one. It's not easy, you know!

Format����
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by AI007(m): 7:58am On Nov 15, 2021
Opexzy:
Hello Nairalanders..

Hello, I'm into data science (data analysis and machine Learning to be precise) for quite sometime, but I'm having issues getting jobs with it, can you help with how you get you jobs maybe sites or openings, or any advice concerning the acquired skills maybe a change or learning more etc.
Pls reply this
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Nwaotu10(m): 8:56am On Nov 15, 2021
sugaslim:

Format����

Not really.
Kind of seeking for assistance/help.
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Opexzy: 9:46am On Nov 15, 2021
AI007:

Hello, I'm into data science (data analysis and machine Learning to be precise) for quite sometime, but I'm having issues getting jobs with it, can you help with how you get you jobs maybe sites or openings, or any advice concerning the acquired skills maybe a change or learning more etc.
Pls reply this

Majorly I use LinkedIn
Do somethings to build your resume as well, it will go a long way. As regards skill set, I am a software engineer and data science isn't a bad field either, just that you will have to look beyond this country for remote job openings...

You can start with internships if full-time job will be difficult to get.
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Mideriks04(f): 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2021
Please I will really appreciate a good Samaritan that can give me any used laptop to enhance my learning in digital marketing...thanks in advance
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 15, 2021
cococandy:
It’s always a red flag when a company offers more than you asked for and/or worth.

I agree with you on this.
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 15, 2021
Opexzy:
Hello Nairalanders..

- Two people so far have identified a red flag above about the pay manipulation, they are offering to pay you 650k instead of what you asked for, It is a big red flag.

- The advantage that your new job will give you on paper is that, It will financially move you up the ladder which from henceforth, you can no longer accept jobs below 650k once you want to progress from the new job.

- Also please don't listen to naysayers saying you should hire someone to be doing your two previous jobs in the low. You will be caught eventually because of time management and it will tarnish your image.

Drop one of the remote jobs you have and take the job, but be on the lookout because your new employer seems like manipulators to me.
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by AI007(m): 5:19am On Nov 17, 2021
Opexzy:

Majorly I use LinkedIn
Do somethings to build your resume as well, it will go a long way. As regards skill set, I am a software engineer and data science isn't a bad field either, just that you will have to look beyond this country for remote job openings...

You can start with internships if full-time job will be difficult to get.

Building of resume involves getting internships and jobs which is actually an issue
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by goodLord3dg2: 11:46am On Nov 22, 2021
650k, 2 days on site 3 days remotely. Seems like a good idea to me!
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Diligent1(f): 4:30pm On Nov 22, 2021
FanOfMyself:

Please can I learn from you?
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by FanOfMyself: 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2021
Diligent1:

Please can I learn from you?
Hello, I will be glad to teach and mentor you to become a software developer.
However, there are two prerequisites:
1. You must have a solid computer system and
2. You have to pay a token fee for the training materials and tutoring I would be providing you.
Trust me, the fees are nothing compared to the potential gains you stand to get if you can pull this through.
If you can guarantee these two points, let me know.
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by Diligent1(f): 10:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
FanOfMyself:

Hello, I will be glad to teach and mentor you to become a software developer.
However, there are two prerequisites:
1. You must have a solid computer system and
2. You have to pay a token fee for the training materials and tutoring I would be providing you.
Trust me, the fees are nothing compared to the potential gains you stand to get if you can pull this through.
If you can guarantee these two points, let me know.
How much are we looking at
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by FanOfMyself: 5:29am On Nov 23, 2021
Diligent1:

How much are we looking at
Re: 650k Salary Hybrid Work For A Start-up Or 350k Salary From Two Remote Jobs. by samfrancis1(m): 10:51pm On Feb 05, 2022
webizone:

It can take months or years. Depends on how fast you can grab concepts and remember them.
what can I do and how can I begin bro, please help

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is A Cover Letter? How To Write One. Sample Template. / Important: Notice to Jobseekers / Lagos State To Engage 4,000 Graduates In Internship, To Pay 40,000 Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.