Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal (22739 Views)

Meeting Between FG And Labour Ends In Deadlock / Bayelsa Drags FG, Rivers State & Akwa Ibom To Supreme Court Over Soku Oil Wells / Sanwo-Olu Presents Lagos State Budget Proposal Of 1.168 Trillion Naira for 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by Lovenorth: 8:35pm On Nov 13, 2021
vanbonattel:

Yeah, Bauchi parasites has been abusing Rivers state people and destroying their beers. It's shameful.
Where did you get the row material of the beer that Bauchi is destroying? Is your land fertile? Did you even have the land? All of you would have long died without the fertile North. We are the ones feeding you take it or leave it
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by popez: 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2021
okeyumez:
North is too poor in terms of human, economic, social, spiritual and infrastructural development.
Too backward

Northern Nigeria has more infrastructure than Southern Nigeria
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by tommy589(m): 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2021
Coldie:

So because Nigerians abroad contribute a lot to Nigeria therefore the east is more productive than the north? undecided

It is a relationship that is of mutual benefit under proper management
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by skywalker240(m): 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2021
backbencher:

Well, why are you crying.

You guys should stop seeing this as a South vs North thing. If each and every state collects VAT...we could end up with higher prices for everything...because most states are not earning enough income , even with oil money...and as a result...they are going to raise VAT to earn that income.

The cold reason why Lagos and Rivers are running after VAT is because oil money has been on decline . And they don't want to raise personal income taxes, or tax the majority of their residents who don't pay tax because they work in the informal sector. The VAT thing is at the end of the day just pushing the evil day forward....ie they have to raise taxes on everyone with oil continuing to fall.

The thing is, at the end of the day, VAT would be collected ....and the companies who pay vat will pass the cost to you the end consumer.
as long as no aboki is feeding off our state resource, ill gladly buy a sachet of pure water for #1000. Woyo
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by adamsmith914: 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2021
Emergingnation:
The parasite will get sense by force by fire grin grin
Making a mockery of yourself, Abia State ranks one of the lowest in IGR in the Federation.
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by adamsmith914: 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2021
skywalker240:

as long as no aboki is feeding off our state resource, ill gladly buy a sachet of pure water for #1000. Woyo
Our state resources, because na your grandpapa plant the natural resources for ground? Lazy Man, go and add value to the so called natural resources by building infrastructure to complement the resources, selfish minded tribalist.
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by Emergingnation(m): 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2021
adamsmith914:
Making a mockery of yourself, Abia State ranks one of the lowest in IGR in the Federation.
The same Abia state is one of oil producing states in Nigeria
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by adamsmith914: 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2021
Emergingnation:
The same Abia state is one of oil producing states in Nigeria
Mumurist is producing crude oil Internal Generated Revenue, isn’t that Federal Government Jurisdiction?
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 13, 2021
skywalker240:

No you would call for a return to the status quo ante.

Plus, the raw material for that beer comes from the North. Keep that in mind.

Good evening.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by Sammerboi: 8:56pm On Nov 13, 2021
This life no balance, una no get oil for your state but una know de price of oil pass. Tell me how these parasites go gree make them divide nijeriyya.
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by skywalker240(m): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2021
adamsmith914:
Our state resources, because na your grandpapa plant the natural resources for ground? Lazy Mumurist, go and add value to the so called natural resources.
kai, e pain the aboki oooo

you can hang in your pain for all i care aboki.
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by adamsmith914: 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2021
skywalker240:

kai, e pain the aboki oooo

you can hang in your pain for all i care aboki.
Lazy thing, like father like son? No value you add to humanity? Go & carry the resources mumudey, it is our own, selfish creature.

Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by NiceMen: 9:02pm On Nov 13, 2021
Coldie:

Is the east rich?
for region that experience civil war as the theater of the war, losing virtually everything, starting all over again and building it rinthe point that there are no signs of war, yes, the East is rich...

Let's see how the North will fair.if e easy, the North should prove it!
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by Shusher: 9:02pm On Nov 13, 2021
backbencher:
It isn't just Bauchi state...it would soon be every other state.

At the end, prices for airtime, beer, and so on would go up, as each and every state collects VAT on each and every product.

Then we would all be begging the FIRS to come and be the only sole collector of VAT.

p.s I don't mind each and every state collecting VAT...but the thing is, it is going to mean higher prices for everyone...and most Nigerians don't like higher prices.
Imagine all states collecting VAT on things like airtime, food, snacks, electricity, etc etc....the companies they collect VAT from would pass on the cost to the end CONSUMER. And we all won't be able to do nowt about it.
Plus that VAT rivers and lagos are collecting..is for their states...it isn't going to most other Southern states.

P.S 2: Most states aren't rich. And as their costs go up...so does their VAT. And that means...higher prices for everyone. Not just in Bauchi...Lagos and Rivers. Oil money is not enough for all of us.

PS3. TO anyone quoting this comment

1.I am a Southerner

2. I think that each and every state collecting VAT is a good idea. Because u;ltimately most states have poor tax to gdp ratios and they all have to go up

3.But I also know that it would lead to higher prices in the long term. And I know most of you cannot afford the high prices if states..not just the North..but all the Southern states, have to collect VAT.

So if you are quoting me to tell me off for supporting the North...sorry, wrong person.

Prices will remain the same. I'm sure the Fed govt would still regulate the rate across all states.

Other states need to think on how to generate their own IGR without baby sitting from the fed. Govt.
We have too many lazy thinkers in the country especially in government.

So much space and lands in this country and they aren't utilizing it but rather wait for handouts.

Denmark sustains its econmy through diary production! Dairy!
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2021
The fun thing about this thread is that most of my fellow Southerners are here to crow over the parasitic North.

One of the great myths that many SOutherners believe is that the North is responsible for the underdevelopment of Nigeria, and that if the South was 1) free of the North 2) controlled its resources 3) seceeded from the North....it would look like Dubai.

Well, the truth is, most African countries are underdeveloped because most African countries do not produce goods and services from their raw materials. We sell the raw materials to foreign countries...who make goods and services at a value higher than what we sold the raw material for , and then they sell it back to us....at higher prices...and make more profit.

All Nigerian states are parasites. YES...all Nigerian states, including the South East, SOuth West, and South South are as parasitic as the North...which itself refuses to recognise it's parasisitism. Ask any state or tribe what they produce for the world market...and they will start singing 'Agricuture, mining and oil'.....like it is earning us enough money self.

My last post is for all those jumping up and down saying that the North is parasitic, as well as for the Northerners too who come to tell the SOuth that 'we own you' and we produce your food. You guys should know that you can only crow if your state is producing things like cars, computers, planes, electrical appliances, and so on..for the world market. Until then, you have no right to call anyone parasite. You are all the same. And it makes me sad as a Nigerian that our biggest business is importing and selling imports...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by adamsmith914: 9:07pm On Nov 13, 2021
Shusher:

Prices will remain the same. I'm sure the Fed govt would still regulate the rate across all states.

Other states need to think on how to generate their own IGR without baby sitting from the fed. Govt.

So much space and lands in this country and they aren't utilizing it but rather wait for handouts.

What is the difference between people in Government & the people in the private sector?
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by adamsmith914: 9:08pm On Nov 13, 2021
backbencher:
The fun thing about this thread is that most of my fellow Southerners are here to crow over the parasitic North.

One of the great myths that many SOutherners believe is that the North is responsible for the underdevelopment of Nigeria, and that if the South was 1) free of the North 2) controlled its resources 3) seceeded from the North....it would look like Dubai.

Well, the truth is, most African countries are underdeveloped because most African countries do not produce goods and services from their raw materials. We sell the raw materials to foreign countries...who make goods and services at a value higher than what we sold the raw material for , and then they sell it back to us....at higher prices...and make more profit.

All Nigerian states are parasites. YES...all Nigerian states, including the South East, SOuth West, and South South are as parasitic as the North...which itself refuses to recognise it's parasisitism. Ask any state or tribe what they produce for the world market...and they will start singing 'Agricuture, mining and oil'.....like it is earning us enough money self.

My last post is for all those jumping up and down saying that the North is parasitic, as well as for the Northerners too who come to tell the SOuth that 'we own you' and we produce your food. You guys should know that you can only crow if your state is producing things like cars, computers, planes, electrical appliances, and so on..for the world market. Until then, you have no right to call anyone parasite. You are all the same. And it makes me sad as a Nigerian that our biggest business is importing and selling imports...
One of The very few sensible post.
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by Igboid: 9:09pm On Nov 13, 2021
Coldie:

Is the east rich?

You are no longer Igbo today? grin

1 Like

Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by skywalker240(m): 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2021
adamsmith914:
Lazy thing, like father like son? No value you add to humanity? Go & carry the resources mumudey, it is our own, selfish creature.
upon all my comments the Idiot aboki still thinks am ibo.

i dont expect abokis to reason straight, am not supprised.

soon our oils will not be used to develop the lands of the parasites and leeches and dumb brained organisms. So sweet.

oya idiot aboki kill yourself.
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by adamsmith914: 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2021
skywalker240:

upon all my comments the Idiot aboki still thinks am ibo.

i dont expect abokis to reason straight, am not supprised.

soon our oils will not be used to develop the lands of the parasites and leeches and dumb brained organisms. So sweet.

oya idiot aboki kill yourself.
Nonetheless do you think I have the time to read comments from a lousy naive Miscreant like you? It is your natural resources because it was your grandfather abi grandma that planted the crude oil in the earth? Which refinery has your state Government built? Lazy minded Animal.
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2021
Shusher:

Yeah...see what Federal government regulation did for the oil and power sector...both sectors are in a mess...a total mess. Plus price regulaiton was tried on a large scale in many Communist countries...and all of them either collapsed, or became capitalist.

Plus, if you were a beer manufacutrer and you had to pay VAT to Lagos, and a separate VAT TO anambra because you have facilites in both states...plus VAT in every state where your product is consumed...would you willingly take a loss in the name of price regulaiton?

You guys should think big...not small.

Yeah, which is why I support each and every state collecting VAT, and rasing taxes...because as the World bank says we don't collect enough in taxes anyway.

But my complaint is that VAT in every state=high prices...which most of you won't want.

Plus if you think that raised taxes does not mean higher prices, I got a bridge on the Moon to sell you.

Denmark also has an active industrial sector as well. And most of its economy is service related...agriculture contributes about 2 %...dairy inclusive.

Plus Nigerian agriculture is largely subsistence and manual. Danish agric is mechanized and industrial..

Finally DANISH tax to gdp ratio is 46.3%, with a tax rate approaching 50%. Nigeria? 6.1% with a tax rate approaching 24%

Plus all states rely on oil money from the Center in this country.
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by Emergingnation(m): 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2021
adamsmith914:
Mumurist is producing crude oil Internal Generated Revenue?
We don't care, as far as we contributing sth into the the federal coffer, unlike your backwards and parasitic region that contribute nothing
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 13, 2021
adamsmith914:
One of The very few sensible post.

Thank you, but beyond that, I want you and whoever reads this post to think.

We are not a productive people. It makes me ashamed as a Nigerian that we use phones and computers pass Africa, yet we do not have an indigenous economy making all these things.

Instead we all...and that includes you and me...want to share oil money. Well, we better wake up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by adamsmith914: 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
Emergingnation:
We don't care, as far as we contributing sth into the the federal coffer, unlike your backwards and parasitic region that contribute nothing
How will you care, do dummies like Humpty Dumpty care about anything?, Shameless thing, crude oil is IGR to you? Lazy minded homo sapient you are contributing to the Federal coffers, how much does your state have in the NNPC Joint Venture?
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by adamsmith914: 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2021
backbencher:

Thank you, but beyond that, I want you and whoever reads this post to think.

We are not a productive people. It makes me ashamed as a Nigerian that we use phones and computers pass Africa, yet we do not have an indigenous economy making all these things.

Instead we all...and that includes you and me...want to share oil money. Well, we better wake up.
How will they be progressive, people that spend 80% of their time playing tribalism instead of nationalism?
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by zigzagluv: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
I heard FG is seeking out of Court settlement , the minister of finance said it , they know the outcome
Lordofalmajiri:
Emperor Wike bad sha grin

1 Like

Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2021
Use your 13℅ deprivation from Alkaleri oil money to fund your projects, you useless idiots. Banzaye, jakuna, almajirai.
You know nothing except breeding like rabbits.

Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by zigzagluv: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2021
why are you argueing with that guy ,The east has 11 oil well, they have very deposit of GAS which will power the economic is the next 100 years,the human capital is too much , look Singapore , they dont have natural resource like the eastern part of Nigeria but the human capital push them there
tommy589:

At least they have the human capital. Not that I have the statistics but over 50% can read and write,even if they move outside the east
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2021
Emergingnation:

Forget about the uncivilized leech and a product of a wasted effort
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by zigzagluv: 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2021
stop saying what you dont know , VAT IS collected at point of purchase,for airtime vat collect each state will be given to them ,
Coldie:

So east get human capital pass north? grin

Don’t make me laugh.

If u want to know who contributes more to Nigeria it’s visible to see, when north stopped foodstuffs from coming down south for just few days inflation went up, it could be felt all over the south, but east have been doing back to back seat at home, no single sector of the Nigerian economy had been affected, what does that tell u?
Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by adamsmith914: 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2021
dozymars:
Trying to reap where they did not sow.
The beer you destroy in the North have VAT on them, refund them all.
Keep emphasizing on the beer, how much revenue is that? Most of these illiterates shouting, their states do not produce anything, East, West or North, & the irony of it all, is that the Federal Government is fighting for them, & has nothing to gain, other than equitable distribution of wealth amongst the.states of the federation based on the comparative advantage of some states like Lagos & Rivers State.

But the hatred for themselves will make them be against the Federal Government, cut your nose, to spite your ears.

1 Like

Re: VAT War Between FG, Rivers State Affects Bauchi Budget Proposal by zigzagluv: 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2021
11 oil well in anambra state , highest gas deposit in nigeria,and human capital
Godons1:

Na the 4 Eastern States go suffer am pass. Cause they are the only States that generate ZERO VAT, ZERO IGR and they contribute ZERO to the Nigerian Economy. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christian Ihim: Gunmen Kill Imo APC Ward Chairman, Kidnap 5 APC Members / Lagos State Government Procures 100 Vehicles For Traditional Rulers / How To Tackle Insecurity In Nigeria - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.