Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,965 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:31 AM

Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband (62894 Views)

Edo Groom’s Dance Incurs Oba Of Benin’s Anger As Palace Places Curse / Oba Of Benin's Wife, Queen Ewuare Places A Curse On Online Scammer (Pix) / See The Nigerian Tribe Where Women Don’t Wear Clothes For The Fear Of Death [PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by Racoon(m): 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2021
It is not unheard of for men to have more than one wife with many cultural practices and religions of the world even supporting the habit. However, it comes across as unusual to hear of a woman with multiple husbands. Polyandry is a form of polygamy in which a woman takes two or more husbands at the same time.

For example, fraternal polyandry is practiced among Tibetans in Nepal, parts of China and part of northern India, in which two or more brothers are married to the same wife, with the wife having equal “sexual access” to them.

We have gathered five known countries with tribes that practice polyandry and they are listed below:

Nigeria

Although largely uncommon in Nigeria, there are tribes in Nigeria that also allows polyandry. Among the Irigwe of Northern Nigeria, women have traditionally acquired numerous spouses called “co-husbands”. The Irigwe people of Nigeria practiced a woman having co-husbands until their council voted to outlaw it in 1968. Until then, women moved from house to house, taking on multiple spouses, and the children’s paternity was assigned to the husband whose house the woman lived in at the time.

India

India as a country has more than one tribe practicing polyandry. Polyandry is prevalent in parts of North India by Paharis in the Jaunsarbawar region while in Kinnaur, Himachal a minority of the people justify and practice Polyandry. As descendants of the Pachi Pandavas (five brothers who were husbands to a woman named Draupadi daughter of King Panchala), they believe they have to carry on the tradition.

Asides them, the Toda tribe of Nilgris, Najanad Vellala of Travancore and some Nair caste Sytems in South India also practice polyandry. A survey of 753 Tibetan families by Tibet University in 1988 found that 13% practiced polyandry.

Kenya

In August 2013, Kenyan witness polyandry when two men decided to be husbands to a woman they both love. It is noteworthy that Kenyan laws don’t explicitly forbid Polyandry and legal action can’t be taken against people who practice it. There have also been reported cases of polyandry among the Massai people of Kenyan.

China

The practice of fraternal polyandry is common among the people Tibet in the Nepal parts of China and India. It is based on the belief that a child can have more than one father and usually when two or more brothers marry one woman, they all have equal sexual access to her.

The practice is encouraged if the family is poor and can’t divide their properties amongst the offsprings of separate fathers. So they keep their small farmlands and properties big by getting married to the same woman.

South America

Polyandry also existed among tribes in South America as the Bororo practiced polyandry while up to 70 percent of Amazonian cultures may have believed in the principle of multiple paternity. “The Tupi-Kawahib also practice fraternal polyandry.

https://guardian.ng/life/places-where-women-have-more-than-one-husband/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 13, 2021
Since I have not given her the Court notice perhaps this should be perfect when she wants to settle. I'll humbly give the passage for her to marry a second husband.
That will be the only option for me.......And that will be the fate of her and the imaginary man. shocked This is my Verdict!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by Emvico34: 5:33pm On Nov 13, 2021
Endtime people

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by Racoon(m): 5:45pm On Nov 13, 2021
Polygamy is acceptable to many cultures but poly- angry? Humn! Meanwhile, many young girls and women have long been doing this polyandry thing without shame today e.g. the sugar daddies girls. See as the woman in the report above is even confused on which one to sample first.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by bobbybrown007: 5:45pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hmmm, it can only happen in the north. Even the south too loves doing it, they can mate with their dad second wife, their brother girlfrnd, their mother frnd and so on.

1 Like

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by yanabasee2: 5:52pm On Nov 13, 2021
Make person come carry me as tenth husband...

I still get energy... my tongue the work.. my waist the rotate and I the give seven positions for seven minutes ...

To marry woman now na for man to keep millions of naira... So make woman weh get money, make she come marry me...

Na to become woman husband I wan to do become now...

12 Likes

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by slawormiir: 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Forget it....

Nigeria top the list.....our women and baby girls do polyandry on a coded.....not only a particular tribe

95 percent of our women do it
Vinnie2000:

What If the 5 Husbands Fcvkk the woman same Night,
Who will be owner of the Child if she gets Pregnant and later gives birth?
We are talking about 5 Different Sperms here oo.. cheesy cheesy
Funny enough....only one niggarrrr among those five gets the pregnancy.....even if you pour a gallon of sperm from thousands of men into her kpekus....only one sperm will get her pregnant
Then for the owner...just wait for her to put to bed and see the resemblance
lexy2014:

In most cases, women with multiple sex partners have a very good way of knowing who impregnated them even before delivery
it will be difficult a little for her.....especially if she receives those dickkk same day

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by Folakzm(f): 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2021
Emvico34:
Endtime people
Am telling you, doing something so unnatural with joy
Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by Dailymice: 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2021
grin
Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by CaptainFM1: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
Not just 5 places. It's all over the world now

1 Like

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by arthurwillia(m): 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
Ok but that Nigeria own na fake news

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by neurowale001(m): 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
shocked
Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
Abomination!

This should be frowned at and totally banned.

Man, always trying to change the natural order of things.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by Dottore: 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
J
Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by xxxboyxxx(m): 9:23pm On Nov 13, 2021
Your girl is yours with y silent.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by Searchingvictor: 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2021
Hnnm
Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by Vinnie2000(m): 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2021
What If the 5 Husbands Fcvkk the woman same Night,
Who will be owner of the Child if she gets Pregnant and later gives birth?

We are talking about 5 Different Sperms here oo.. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by ignis: 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2021
See cruise
Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by donMIG(m): 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2021
Make I hear others opinion for the mata

4 Likes

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by Anesannas(m): 9:25pm On Nov 13, 2021
Wetin person no go hear for nairaland doesn't exist.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by geechy: 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2021
Use geechy

@op...

Cow-herders pipu will like this kenya-mata
Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by johnwegs(m): 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2021
You mean a lady with a dual pin??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by Lattop(m): 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2021
Polyandry ko Polyangry ni

Nonsense
Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by Sabadon(m): 9:27pm On Nov 13, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Forgot it....

Nigeria top the list.....our women and baby girls do polyandry on a coded
they are pusssy asss nigarrrssss grin

1 Like

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by Newyorkitis(m): 9:27pm On Nov 13, 2021
Whether Irigwe or irrigation, e no concern me.
Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by Toks2008(m): 9:27pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe come and see o
Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by LOVEGINO(m): 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2021
Chai! Where I wan start from?
Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by inoki247: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2021
Lol how Nigeria take dey if u talk say Girlfriend having 20 Boyfriend I still fit manage dat...

1 Like

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by shaybebaby(f): 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2021
Looking for a co-husband. Must be willing to cook, clean, babysit and general DIY.

Must be prayerful, virtuous and a virgin.

Yaaas!!! cool cool cool

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five(5) Places Where Women Have More Than One Husband by LesbianBoy(m): 9:29pm On Nov 13, 2021
Its not by having the two husband, are the women spending on them? angry

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Answers To Common Questions About Igbo People / Ayiri Emami Kneels Before Olu Of Warri (Photos) / Estako Names And Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.