Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,046 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. (20411 Views)

I Bet You, You Haven't Heard Or Thought Of This / Man Carries 50kg Bag Of Cement With Teeth Upstairs, Wins 100,000 Naira Bet / Pharmacy Students Pls I Need Your Advice Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Lorex6: 10:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
waywardpikin:

So what's eating you up? You're [b]obviously[/b] frustrated.
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Lorex6: 10:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
Alaigbopress:

See U you think I am ur fellow Children. Even the immaturity in ur comment says a lot about who you are. I will only talk with you again when you grow up
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by waywardpikin: 10:21pm On Nov 14, 2021
Chatflick:

You funny sha. I'm self employed. I have two job offers from IT companies but rejected it. I can't be a slave. I'm a Forex trader and a programmer. What else can I need?

So because your academic sojourn was a total failure but you managed to save yourself by being self employed (if this your consolation story is true), OP should not further his education?

In a bid to show off your life history, the only thing you have managed to display is the fact that you are dumber than a rock.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by otunbateejay(m): 10:31pm On Nov 14, 2021
Na village people dey disturb u u won leave ur barbing and education do blockcahin hope say no bi chain den go take chain u.. So u wan tell say u no fit learn am if u go school still dey do ur barbing village people get hand for ur mater

[1quote author=Lorex6 post=107606539]Hi
Thank you for opening this post. Your contributions will be greatly appreciated!

I am barber, just turned 19 few weeks ago and I am supposed to start my uni education tomorrow but that is not the problem.

I earned upwards of 40... Maybe 60k most of which I aid my siblings with. But it's too demanding, like 14 or 15 hours a day everyday. And I have some skill trading forex but I don't do it now.

Right now I want to drop barbing and possibly school to learn blockchain development. My mom will prolly take me for deliverance. Lol.
I am buying a laptop tomorrow. Already dropped social media, right now its just Reddit and NL.

I am greatly worried about my future and tired of living inna trap.

I remember learning about Bitcoin like 7 years ago but couldn't get in till this year.

My parents can give moral advice but I need you on this one. Thanks

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace
[/quote]
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Chatflick(m): 10:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
waywardpikin:

So because your academic sojourn was a total failure but you managed to save yourself by being self employed (if this your consolation story is true), OP should not further his education?

In a bid to show off your life history, the only thing you have managed to display is the fact that you are dumber than a rock.
You're family is dumb. You and your children will even be dumber. Idiot. I wonder why I engaged you sef after all, your monicker says it all. Anuofia!
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by waywardpikin: 10:42pm On Nov 14, 2021
Chatflick:

You're family is dumb. You and your children will even be dumber. Idiot. I wonder why I engaged you sef after all, your monicker says it all. Anuofia!

Hahahahahahaha

Next time if you want to troll, learn how to troll well. I lost a few brain cells engaging you today so be grateful I even bothered to reply you at all. Bye, loser!

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by jaeyking(m): 10:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
Skyfornia:
How can you work for 15hrs daily and make only 40k monthly? Are you cutting your customers hair for free?

The cheapest haircut anywhere in Nigeria currently is N400, if you cut 10 people in a day..that's 4k. Working 15hrs...you must cut more than 10 hairs unless you are idle in most of the hours.

For fvck's sake don't close the barbershop. If there's free time within the 15hrs, use it to do other things or get barbers to assist you while you engage in a supplementary source of income, but ensure you stay at the shop and monitor your business. Don't leave or lease your shop to anyone...

Oga no talk wetin u no know.
Boys with battery powered clipper dey run barbing at 150 naira.

So no miss yarn
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Precious2God: 11:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
No matter what you do, make sure you have your university education. It's a form of security for your future.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by akigbemaru: 1:44am On Nov 15, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi
Thank you for opening this post. Your contributions will be greatly appreciated!

I am barber, just turned 19 few weeks ago and I am supposed to start my uni education tomorrow but that is not the problem.

I earned upwards of 40... Maybe 60k most of which I aid my siblings with. But it's too demanding, like 14 or 15 hours a day everyday. And I have some skill trading forex but I don't do it now.

Right now I want to drop barbing and possibly school to learn blockchain development. My mom will prolly take me for deliverance. Lol.
I am buying a laptop tomorrow. Already dropped social media, right now its just Reddit and NL.

I remember learning about Bitcoin like 7 years ago but couldn't get in till this year.

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by alfred007(m): 2:35am On Nov 15, 2021
Lorex6:
yea

That's your answer then

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Dvea(f): 4:37am On Nov 15, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace

Just my opinion. You are young and the future is bright. So I'd usually suggest this. If you have money saved up, then look for a way to set up a shop near ur school maybe for the weekend or something. Stick to the skill u know now, that's barbing. As much as crypto and forex can bring in money, it's very much like stocks and it's a 50-50 chance. The question u should be asking is do u want to risk it?

Two the idea of dropping school is something u will regret in 10 years time. Trust me I've seen things. Go to school, process a masters scholarship from here and travel overseas. Remote work is the heart of the future and Africa is the target market for cheap labour. That being said for no reason should u skip school.

Finally look around and count 30 reach people in and out of Nigeria. Ask yourself why are they rich? How are they rich? Every billionaire today, is a man who offered product and services and made it into a business. Rather than drop barbing think to own your own saloon. Forex can make u rich, skill will make you rich, but the wealthy of this world are those who turned their skills, products, and services to a full blown business.

Open your eyes and do not be deceived by the gitz and glam of chum change. Focus on a goal. U have learnt a skill, make it a business. But sha what do I know.

Above all, pray before anything else, cause on man's path to success is another man's path to failure. Let God guide you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Irepib(m): 5:46am On Nov 15, 2021
Adjii97:
You be arsenal?
lol ����
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Omonigho1976: 7:07am On Nov 15, 2021
BARITUAKA:
No man, I think you are missing it. You spent 15 year doing the forex stuff without any result doesn't mean is a bad business.
I spent 4 year learning forex and I am doing great. Believe me, no business or job can pay you more than trading forex, stocks, commodities, synthetics or cryptocurrencies.
The question is, did you have what it takes to trade forex?
some Nigerians has poor mentality when it comes to trading. Before you can succeed here( trading forex) you must :
1) Have the right education/information about forex as job/sector itself which include studying from forex 101, good strategy to engage the market, having a proper risk management system in place, have a trading plan you will stick to.
then, be focused, discipline and patient.
2) Psychology: Forex is 90% psychology and 10% skill.
3) Patience, patience, patience;
how do you engage the market? how do you engage the market? what is your risk tolerance level?
4) you must have a zero tolerance for greed.
Nigerians are too greedy. They want to earn it all at once. No! have a realistic target weekly and engage the market.
I teach, coach and mentor individuals willing to take forex as a means of life. you don't need to pay me any thing to get the knowledge. just send a text message if you are interested.
Very funny! I use to have a friend talks exactly like you when he first got into forex, I preached and warned him to stay clear of fx but he made an enemy of me, but today he's miserable, emptied his account, sold his house and car his wife finally left with the kids. I started trading forex before most of you knew what the internet was like. I've used every single indicator you can dream of, the advice I gave the op is not for you but the tread starter, as for you and your likes like my miserable friend, I always leave you guys to learn the hard way.
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by BARITUAKA: 7:45am On Nov 15, 2021
Omonigho1976:
Very funny! I use to have a friend talks exactly like you when he first got into forex, I preached and warned him to stay clear of fx but he made an enemy of me, but today he's miserable, emptied his account, sold his house and car his wife finally left with the kids. I started trading forex before most of you knew what the internet was like. I've used every single indicator you can dream of, the advice I gave the op is not for you but the tread starter, as for you and your likes like my miserable friend, I always leave you guys to learn the hard way.
sorry for replying on indicators Sir. The best way to trade is following the market using price action. indicators follow price. I use the what we called the EWP and the HTT 5.0, these are not indicators they are real time market actions based technical analysis method of trading developed by me here in Nigeria with a success rate of 60%. I am willing to train Nigerians for free. just send a text

I
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Omonigho1976: 7:47am On Nov 15, 2021
grin grin
BARITUAKA:
sorry for replying on indicators Sir. The best way to trade is following the market using price action. indicators follow price. I use the what we called the EWP and the HTT 5.0, these are not indicators they are real time market actions based technical analysis method of trading developed by me here in Nigeria with a success rate of 60%. I am willing to train Nigerians for free. just send a text

I
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Premium tears awaits!
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by hobyner(m): 8:44am On Nov 15, 2021
Bro you can go ahead with uni & still be learning blockchain together, you have lots of time. Don't be a blockhead

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Wrecxman(m): 9:25am On Nov 15, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace

If you had followed up on Bitcoin 7 years ago, you most likely won't be sharing this post today. Even if you were, it would probably be from the comfort of your own yacht or something less flamboyant smiley

The point here is that blockchain is the future. And one of the most critical factors to making bank is to get in early. (e.g. Eth was $10 in 2016, it's $4,600 as at this morning)
We haven't even began to scratch the surface yet. Don't follow the bandwagon who only see "bitcoin" as the end product of blockchain.
Teenagers like you are forging ahead, defining and creating the future as we speak.

I'd suggest you switch your allegiance to Twitter and Discord rather than Nairaland for valuable networking and resources to help you navigate the volatile terrain.
You may also check out developments in NFTs (Popular ones are Bored Apes Yatch Club, Cryptopunks, Coolcats, etc) and the Metaverse as well. (Metaverse gaming and real estate will explode in 2022, you may wanna check that out too).

I wish you all the best in your journey. WAGMI smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by PapaNnamdi: 9:42am On Nov 15, 2021
yinkeys:

There are genuine crypto traders earning from buying, selling & leveraging tokens
Not everyone is a con
It’s a high income skill if you know what you’re doing in addition to being lucky.
People lose a lot of money also.
high income skill if you are a whale,
talk wetin u knw bros
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Lorex6: 10:35am On Nov 15, 2021
Wrecxman:

If you had followed up on Bitcoin 7 years ago, you most likely won't be sharing this post today. Even if you were, it would probably be from the comfort of your own yacht or something less flamboyant smiley

The point here is that blockchain is the future. And one of the most critical factors to making bank is to get in early. (e.g. Eth was $10 in 2016, it's $4,600 as at this morning)
We haven't even began to scratch the surface yet. Don't follow the bandwagon who only see "bitcoin" as the end product of blockchain.
Teenagers like you are forging ahead, defining and creating the future as we speak.

I'd suggest you switch your allegiance to Twitter and Discord rather than Nairaland for valuable networking and resources to help you navigate the volatile terrain.
You may also check out developments in NFTs (Popular ones are Bored Apes Yatch Club, Cryptopunks, Coolcats, etc) and the Metaverse as well. (Metaverse gaming and real estate will explode in 2022, you may wanna check that out too).

Eei God! I cannot thank you enough boss. You a dev. too?
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by jjmk(m): 10:56am On Nov 15, 2021
Lorex6:
Hi

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace

Go with the blockchain development....It is the next best thing. But dont leave your barbing work cos u need to live and take care of yourself.
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Wrecxman(m): 12:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
Lorex6:

Eei God! I cannot thank you enough boss. You a dev. too?

No I'm not a Dev (I wish I was!), just a blockchain enthusiast like you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by AutoChick4U(f): 7:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
Lorex6:

I do crypto already...
But I want to go into development. Like creating building payment systems for crypto, smart contracts, nfts etc
You can achieve them all.

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Kaniff: 8:10pm On Nov 15, 2021
Remember we are Gods in a human body. There's nothing we cant achieve. If we align our frequency to that which we want done it will surely be done. Go for the one that seems almost impossible to achieve. Behind every fear lies greatness.

Live everyday as if it were your last and you won't be bothered. Do that which you love and be set free. You have the answer just be aware

We can't tell you what to do. Don't put your faith in man. listen to your inner guide

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 16, 2021
You're not 19. You're more than that. Every other word you uttered could be true.
Good luck with your pursuit.
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Dvea(f): 7:03am On Nov 17, 2021
Wrecxman:

Just had to mention. 7 years ago OP was 12 and probably didn't even know the word cryptocurrency. So...

1 Like

Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Lorex6: 8:33am On Nov 17, 2021
I could be 19 or 50
I could know Bitcoin before ethereum was launched, hacked and relaunched or I could be lying
I could be a programmer that want to upskill or I could just be seeking clout

Believe what you like I no fit shout!
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by valiju: 8:49am On Nov 17, 2021
Hello please can you call me I want to talk with you call on 0 8 1 44 730922
Lorex6:
Hi

Cc. Tensazangetsu20
Airsaylongcome
Lindner
Ezechidera
Ypeace
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Wrecxman(m): 10:57am On Nov 19, 2021
Dvea:

Just had to mention. 7 years ago OP was 12 and probably didn't even know the word cryptocurrency. So...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/25/12-year-old-coder-made-6-figures-selling-weird-whales-nfts.html

You'd be surprised what a 12 year old can do smiley
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Dvea(f): 8:00am On Nov 20, 2021
Wrecxman:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/25/12-year-old-coder-made-6-figures-selling-weird-whales-nfts.html

You'd be surprised what a 12 year old can do smiley

In an advanced world or in Nigeria. That boy in the link probably had more educated and modern parents than 70% of parents over 50 today. Parents today will still tell their kids to look for stable 60k job and grow. So again a 12 year old boy 7 years ago in nigeria where Internet and social media was barely just finding its ground is not possible.

The boy in the link is 12 in 2021. With laptop, light, Internet, parents with cash and a thriving tech community at his feet. 7 years ago in nigeria did u even have android phone? Speak less of a 12 year old from an average family.

Let's be realistic. We are nigerians
Re: Should I Bet On Myself?; I Need Your Advice. by Lorex6: 11:12am On Nov 20, 2021
Dvea:

In an advanced world or in Nigeria. That boy in the link probably had more educated and modern parents than 70% of parents over 50 today. Parents today will still tell their kids to look for stable 60k job and grow. So again a 12 year old boy 7 years ago in nigeria where Internet and social media was barely just finding its ground is not possible.

The boy in the link is 12 in 2021. With laptop, light, Internet, parents with cash and a thriving tech community at his feet. 7 years ago in nigeria did u even have android phone? Speak less of a 12 year old from an average family.

Let's be realistic. We are nigerians

Who said anything about Android phone?
You talking 7 years ago like it was the dark ages..
Boy I had Nairaland, deepweb and quora
I had a laptop!
I had everything this kid has in miniature sizes.
Heck, I and a friend found a huge book on "How to make your own Desktop computer" and if we weren't poor and seen as mad we'd have made it
Talking as if we haven't had Nigerian kids with innovations under their belt like mini cars, and unbelievably hight SAT scores etc...
Cc. Wrexman, I don tire for this your guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Officer Dies While His Promotion Letter Gets Released The Next Day.Photos / 9 Types Of Hilarious Workers You'll Encounter In Nigeria Offices / Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.