Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,544 members, 7,808,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges (37236 Views)

Cross The Highways & Pay N50,000: Use Pedestrian Bridges Instead - Lagos Govt / Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has Pedestrian Bridges That Nobody Uses / Herbert Macaulay Road, Yaba Has The Highest Number Of Pedestrian Bridges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by arsenal33: 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
Malory:
Buhari through his crass ineptitude has destroyed the nation's capital that the PDP administration built and bequeathed to him. Buhari is the worst president in history of mankind
stop smoking that thing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by tujays(m): 4:21pm On Nov 14, 2021
Nigerians are very lawless and anyhow people. it is very difficult to be a president of Nigeria. they love to sing human right upandan but don't act like humans to be treated as one. no much difference between an educated Nigerian and the Illiterates. facts.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by blamingthedevil: 4:21pm On Nov 14, 2021
Malory:
Buhari through his crass ineptitude has destroyed the nation's capital that the PDP administration built and bequeathed to him. Buhari is the worst president in history of mankind
So he did this one too...use your number 6...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by Kinzo0917(m): 4:22pm On Nov 14, 2021
I Am guilty of this. I always cross that of nnpc juction kubwa abuja aswell
Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by Yves4real(f): 4:23pm On Nov 14, 2021
Whenever I use the pedestrian bridge, immediately I get to the part that crosses the road, I always hear the whispers of the village pipo asking what next should the bridge collapse. angry angry. Despite that, I don't take the risk of crossing the express road because I cannot come and kee myself by myself.

2 Likes

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by IbileIfe: 4:23pm On Nov 14, 2021
It is sheer stupidity and shows herd mentality.
I heard many illiterate Hausas were killed whilst crossing the express roads decades ago in Lagos, because stupidily they followed as one of them wanted to cross the express road without looking right and left for the on coming speeding vehicles.

3 Likes

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by free2ryhme: 4:23pm On Nov 14, 2021
ChiefSosa:
We have all done this at one point in time lol.
Cable cars may help situations, especially for people with health issues and Older citizens that need to cross the road and are unable to use the Pedestrian bridge. Plus, the pedestrian bridge is not usually safe at night.

Cable cars for highway undecided

1 Like

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by alfred007(m): 4:25pm On Nov 14, 2021
Naija matter

1 Like

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by toyini1234(m): 4:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
Malory:

buhari has clearly nothing to do with this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by shantti(m): 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Cable cars may help situations, especially for people with health issues and Older citizens that need to cross the road and are unable to use the Pedestrian bridge. Plus, the pedestrian bridge is not usually safe at night.

Maintenance culture is the issue, if the FG should make cable cars the common means of transportation, men it will be detrimental to the lives of citizens, why, because the cable cars and it's utilities won't be maintained, the cable fit just cut one day leading to massive loss of lives, what about the electricity.........

1 Like

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by babaedge: 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
Malory:
What is this one typing?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by Akwaibom1stlady(f): 4:32pm On Nov 14, 2021
iPhone 12 pro max is not used for up to 1 month. Very clean with pack and accessories.... BH 100...everything new

The iPhone 11 pro max 256 and 64g are US used .. BH is 89, 90 respectively.... Very clean with no stretch at all....clean as new

Prices 12pro max 256
Colour: Graphite
Price 610k

11promax 64g
Colour: White
Price: 360k

11 pro max 256g
Colour:Mint Green
Price: 410k
Comes with pack and accessories

Mac book pro 2017
128gb Ssd 8gdram
Price 400k
With box and pack and everything
As new

MacBook Air 2017
512ssd 8gb ram
With charger A

Call:0.7.03036.39.8.6

More product incoming.....

Check online and every way....this is the cheapest you can get!.... All Phones are America. You can check the model number to confirm....
Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by Eriokanmi: 4:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
Malory:
Though I don't like Buhari's style of governance, he's not the one who constructed those pedestrian bridges. Many had been constructed for decades. I blame the developers for that bad job and past ministers of FCT, e.g., elrufai, Bala mohamed and Co. You don't construct pedestrian bridges too far away from bus stop. It's stupidity.

2 Likes

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by eneye1(m): 4:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
God bless the poster or writer...I get angry every morning I see people crossing road without using pedestrian bridge

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by Exczz: 4:37pm On Nov 14, 2021
Jesus
Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by Beverages: 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
This is so rampant on airport road and most annoying part is that Dunamis church area/ side. Big traffic too dey occur there people won pass or move across the road.

I spent over 1hr there around 11 AM today.
the gridlock was caused by some individuals who ignored the pedestrian and decided to cross the road which doesn't make sense at all in you ask me

Nna mehn this country nawa o

1 Like

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by mmsen: 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2021
I see such nonsense everywhere in Africa.

Not just pedestrian bridges but even sidewalks are eschewed by a lot of people, they prefer to get hit by vehicles than make use of any pedestrian friendly infrastructure.

Strange people.

3 Likes

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by BlackDuke(m): 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2021
If na pedestrian bridge dem dey climb go Heaven, may Nigerians will miss it.

1 Like

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by redsun(m): 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
How can they be blaming the hapless hit and run driver that killed the vanguard journalist when such a circuit act of dicing with death goes on there? The victim could have tried to cross the road carelessly and got caught in the crossfire. It will be also good to find if he use to drink alcohol and whether he had some that night.

1 Like

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by tujays(m): 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

I pray he remembers he still has one.

He and his friends will never listen to you.
Daily frustrating comments on Nairaland is the only thing they live on and look forward to, and luckily for them, they have someone enabling their online ineptitude.

The number of like he gets for the senseless post will tell you the number of slow members we have here.
I swear. If you want to get more likes on Nairaland just type something senseless and you get almost a thousand likes. many people dey craze for this country unknowingly. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by Lovenorth: 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2021
Malory:
rubbish analyst

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by Lovenorth: 4:50pm On Nov 14, 2021
If you don't have money stay back in your village, Abuja is not for the poor but if you insist than follow the simply instructions
Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by Tersoo1(m): 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2021
Unemployed? Out of Options?
Think Again. We Have Your Plan B…
And YOU GET PAID DAILY!
It Works Like Crazy!
Visit our website for details:
tersooclass.k-zglobalresourcesintlschoolprojects.xyz
Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by egunna(m): 4:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Malory:
did u even read d post at all?which kind life Buhari come like this?I open mouth for u bros

1 Like

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:00pm On Nov 14, 2021
I see this shit everyday and I just wonder like WTF!
Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2021
[quote author=Malory post=107612088]Buhari through his crass ineptitude has destroyed the nation's capital that the PDP administration built and bequeathed to him. Buhari is the worst president in history of mankind [/quote
IPOBIAN DID BUHARI COLLECT YOUR MOTHER FROM YOUR FATHER.WHY IS IT EVERYTHING EVEN CROSSING OF THE ROAD HIS PROBLEM. SOME OF YOU ARE VERY SICK.]
Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by lexy2014: 5:10pm On Nov 14, 2021
Shehuyinka:

https://www.icirnigeria.org/shortcut-to-death-abuja-residents-shun-pedestrian-bridges/

From d pix, the pedestrians aren't far from the pedestrian bridge
Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by Unruly7(m): 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2021
Area 3 junction
Lugbe car wash
Gwarimpa express

They don't use this things there and it's there oh

Dunamis need to build one for their church members they need it

If you're in Abuja avoid wuye pedestrian bridge and mabushi vio own too

1 Like

Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by EmmaLege: 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2021
ChiefSosa:

cable cars in nigeria it is hazardous and many will abuse it by overcrowding which will leed to many deaths cry cry cry
Re: Shortcut To Death: Abuja Residents Shun Pedestrian Bridges by DWJOBScom(m): 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
ChiefSosa:

Am afraid, we may also say cable cars are not safe at night too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Questions To Ask Before Booking A Hotel Room / 7 Must-see Places In Eastern Nigeria / The New Berger Bus-stop, Lagos Is Fast Degrading (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.