Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? (22874 Views)

When Did You Decide Your Relationship Was Over? / Two Mates Fall For Same Woman On Holiday And Both Decide To Date Her (Photos) / When Did You Decide That The Relationship Was Over? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Xenry: 6:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
What made you took that decision? What's your experience?
As for me, anything that has to do with opening up to people is not for me again.
The last experience wasn't funny, and I must say, I regret it. The problem is that nobody actually understands. And sometimes they misunderstand you.
So, what made you decide never to open up to people again?
Share. Let's read and pass time; It has been a boring day for me and some other Nairalanders undecided.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Goldbw122(m): 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
A secret shared is not a secret anymore.

159 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by helinues: 6:25pm On Nov 14, 2021
When you tell people about your problem with expectations of them helping out, they would rather post you, mock you at the back instead of suggesting a way for you to handle the issue

I have been keeping my mouth shut for years now regarding personal issues. All die na die

165 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
After my dad and his relatives...my depressed struggling mom... family drama...

I've learnt to bottle alot of my shìt inside... undecided

Christian's Christ said:

"Cast not your pearls before swine lest they trample on then then charge after you...
And
The heart of man is desperately wicked..."

If the so-called son of God says so, who am I to argue or believe otherwise?

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Opeyemiextra(f): 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
Because it was used against me and I lost things and people as a result. Considering the fact that I don't discuss myself with people, I don't know how I 'lose guard' with this one. She really dealt with me and was the one still consoling me before I got to know everything that happened.

Whenever I remember the whole incident, I fear people and the extent they can go. Because of this, I am extra careful with humans especially the very religious ones. They hide a lot under that disguise.

195 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Automolite: 7:30pm On Nov 14, 2021
Well, iv never been the "open" type. became worse whn i realized d manipulative nature of humans. some will tell u lies and half truths jst to get u to trust and open up completely.
if u confide in me, ur secret is safe. but if u expect me to return d gesture, u miss road.
i hv so structured myself dt if i hear my story elsewhere, i knw who is responsible. and it will not be the full gist.
NEVER tell anyone everything abt u. tell them wht they need to knw (4 assistance or knowlege purposes), but nothing more!.

154 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Praxis758: 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2021
Because Pastor Prof. Oshinbajo as VP became opposite of everything he stood for during his days as Lagos attorney general

That singular incidence made me stopped confiding in people

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Kobojunkie: 8:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
Xenry:

What made you took that decision? What's your experience?
As for me, anything that has to do with opening up to people is not for me again.
The last experience wasn't funny, and I must say, I regret it. The problem is that nobody actually understands. And sometimes they misunderstand you.
Seems instead like you are walking around ashamed of your story is what this sounds like.. Either that you keep looking for people to give approval of you when they hear you tell your story. Sounds like a self esteem issue to me. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Kobojunkie: 8:10pm On Nov 14, 2021
Datboredberry:
After my dad and his relatives...my depressed struggling mom... family drama...
I've learnt to bottle alot of my shìt inside... undecided
Christian's Christ said:
"Cast not your pearls before swine lest they trample on then then charge after you...
And
The heart of man is desperately wicked..."
If the so-called son of God says so, who am I to argue or believe otherwise?
I am afraid you misconstrue what Jesus Christ said there as the same Jesus Christ said that what He tells us in secret, we should proclaim from the rooftops - Matthew 10 vs 27 & Luke 12 vs 3. The verse about not casting your pearls to swine simply instructs that we not the Truth(Gospel) to all - never meant we should keep things secret. undecided

The heart of man is desperately wicked indeed, but this because there hearts are filled with secrets, lies and deceit. Jeremiah 17 vs 5-11 undecided

Nowhere in scripture are you told that folding in on your self is the way of God, so learn to leave God out of these delusions you live on. undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Kobojunkie: 8:13pm On Nov 14, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
Because it was used against me and I lost things and people as a result. Considering the fact that I don't discuss myself with people, I don't know how I 'lose guard' with this one. She really dealt with me and was the one still consoling me before I got to know everything that happened.

Whenever I remember the whole incident, I fear people and the extent they can go. Because of this, I am extra careful with humans especially the very religious ones. They hide a lot under that disguise.
How was your truth used against you? undecided
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid you misconstrue what Jesus Christ said there as the same Jesus Christ said that what He tells us in secret, we should proclaim from the rooftops - Matthew 10 vs 27 & Luke 12 vs 3. The verse about not casting your pearls to swine simply instructs that we not the Truth(Gospel) to all - never meant we should keep things secret. undecided

The heart of man is desperately wicked indeed, but this because there hearts are filled with secrets, lies and deceit. Jeremiah 17 vs 5-11 undecided

Nowhere in scripture are you told that folding in on your self is the way of God, so learn to leave God out of these delusions you live on. undecided
I'm an atheist... I'll misconstrue the words of your fictional God as I please... undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Iamtoyosii: 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2021
The anonymity of a secret is what makes it a secret- Raymond Reddington

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by iamyemiakins(m): 8:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
I naturally don't open up to people right from time except it auto-opens wink

The highest percentage I have for trusting people (no matter how close) is 20%

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
Datboredberry:
I'm an atheist... I'll misconstrue the words of your fictional God as I please... undecided
Ok then! undecided
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Nov 14, 2021
iamyemiakins:
I naturally don't open up to people right from time except it auto-opens wink

The highest percentage I have for trusting people (no matter how close) is 20%
isn't opening up meant for your sake, and not really for the sake of those you open up to? undecided

If I opened up to a stranger while sitting at the bus stop waiting for a bus, for instance, do I do this because I "trust" said stranger or because I benefit immensely from such exercise? undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by halogate: 8:44pm On Nov 14, 2021
..There's a reason why I reminsce on my days activity before going to bed. Make I know if I don over yarn or not.
I cannot afford to trust any human with complete knowledge abt me. Personal or otherwise. Infact, when discussing with pple, I make sure my mouth is fully connected to my brain.
Plus, I have learnt the art of saying plenty while not actually saying anything grin

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by wunmi590(m): 8:47pm On Nov 14, 2021
tongue

When I'm telling you the truth and you keep telling lies, believe me, you have lost my trust....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by iamyemiakins(m): 8:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
isn't opening up meant for your sake, and not really for the sake of those you open up to? undecided

If I opened up to a stranger while sitting at the bus stop waiting for a bus, for instance, do I do this because I "trust" said stranger or because I benefit immensely from such exercise? undecided
Na so Tiwa Savage kuku take benefit after intense lashing on the yatch
[img]https://media./images/db10d3f0e109e0868fcc817897e457ac/tenor.gif[/img]

11 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Fiscus105(m): 8:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Only 1 percent of people around you that would not disappoint you when u open up for them, the guy u called ur confidant , if God opens ur eye or ear to see/ ear, his mind towards you and what he or she saying behind?

Trust no one

.........The guy I called my best and close friend then, what I heard that he was saying about me for my side chicks, were unhearable, just because he too wanted to have a taste......

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Kobojunkie: 8:58pm On Nov 14, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Na so Tiwa Savage kuku take benefit after intense lashing on the yatch
I don't know who that is or how that applies in this case. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Sonnobax15(m): 9:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by starbuck(f): 1:50am On Nov 15, 2021
Nothing has made me stop opening up to people, I careless about your intentions towards me before or after whatever...

I am just a free spirited being and human words no longer get to me..

22 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Boogyman557: 6:56am On Nov 15, 2021
Holly Gram cool after i started smoking up to 15 WEED in a spot, I thought to my self. if I have to open up to any1, it should be my WEED. WTF MAN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Boogyman557: 6:56am On Nov 15, 2021
Holly Gram cool after i started smoking up to 15 WEED in a spot, I thought to my self. if I have to open up to any1, it should be my WEED. WTF MAN

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Xenry: 9:18pm On Nov 15, 2021
Lalasticlala...
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by BabaIbo: 9:49pm On Nov 15, 2021
Nothing has made me to stop opening up or expressing myself to people.

I dey yarn wetin dey my mind, if you like say anything afterwards, e no concern nor affect me.

Just as I take get my eyes on starbucks now, if she correspond good, if she doesn't good, but I don talk my mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by GboyegaD(m): 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
Aren't we still humans after all? I have learned not to share whatever I feel will hurt me if it spreads. Thus, when I walk up to you to seek opinion on issues bothering me, it is because I don't mind it going public at that point.

12 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by wallay77(m): 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hmmm...something u can't keep to urself...nobody will keep it for u

10 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by EXLOVER(m): 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
Person wey i open up give begin use me do example.

Na me fvck up sha

18 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by McBrooklyn(m): 9:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
Because say na the gist most people just want hear, na only few really care and when I say few, I mean VERY few. You go just dey cast yourself if you dey shalaye too much for people...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 15, 2021
I confided in one local champion just because she's older and married. I felt she'll be very sensible.
After I stopped buying things from her, she went and told a woman what I told her.

This was during the lockdown. that boredom wanted to finish me. Since then, I stopped relating with people. I avoid people like a plague. Even when they try to warm up to me, i just stylishly avoid them.

27 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Guys/Girls What Skin Color Or Looks Do You Prefer Your Dream Woman/Man To Have / My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App / For The Real Men: Woo A Girl In 120seconds Challenge.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.