Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? (22875 Views)

When Did You Decide Your Relationship Was Over? / Two Mates Fall For Same Woman On Holiday And Both Decide To Date Her (Photos) / When Did You Decide That The Relationship Was Over? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Raypawer(m): 11:20pm On Nov 15, 2021
Be careful of what you type, what is the meaning of so called son of God?

Jesus is the Son of God and he is God the Son.

Be careful!

Datboredberry:
After my dad and his relatives...my depressed struggling mom... family drama...

I've learnt to bottle alot of my shìt inside... undecided

Christian's Christ said:

"Cast not your pearls before swine lest they trample on then then charge after you...
And
The heart of man is desperately wicked..."

If the so-called son of God says so, who am I to argue or believe otherwise?
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Can you provide backing for any of the claims you have made so far. Or am I one of those who believe in my small mind that if I think it, it must be true? undecided

You will typing sha undecided Did Elijah not have period of depression and was even suicidal (he was telling God to take his life) Did David not go through depression when his house was under fire and God took his son gotten from adultery? Was Joseph in Euphoria when he was thrown in a well by his brothers or locked up in prison by his boss? Tell me if you were Daniel whether you won't be depressed after being taken as captive in a war alongside his friends from the comfort of their home and family. Tell me if Jesus didn't feel depressed when he was about to be crucified and he tried to pray to God to let "this cup pass him" but nothing changed stop deceiving and confusing yourself oga undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Ladylawyer(f): 11:22pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Seems instead like you are walking around ashamed of your story is what this sounds like.. Either that you keep looking for people to give approval of you when they hear you tell your story. Sounds like a self esteem issue to me. undecided
It is not about being ashamed of ones story. There are certain secrets as a human being that you wouldn't want to be in the open. It may be your marriage trials, school, or even business secret's/transactions.

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by wildikeman(m): 11:25pm On Nov 15, 2021
Because it seems to be only me that knows how and where the fore hurts. These days people are just inconsiderate and selfish or self absorbed

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
"If to say trust dey water for no dey cook fish."- Eri Baba (Erigga) Circa 2000

I keep my secrets to myself. It's called SECRET for a reason- it is not to be shared.

Shikena!

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Kobojunkie: 11:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
SaveMeLord:

You will typing sha undecided Did
*Elijah not have period of depression and was even suicidal (he was telling God to take his life)
*Did David not go through depression when his house was under fire and God took his son gotten from adultery?
* Was Joseph in Euphoria when he was thrown in a well by his brothers or locked up in prison by his boss? *Tell me if you were Daniel whether you won't be depressed after being taken as captive in a war alongside his friends from the comfort of their home and family. Tell me if Jesus didn't feel depressed when he was about to be crucified and he tried to pray to God to let "this cup pass him" but nothing changed stop deceiving and confusing yourself oga undecided
So where in the Bible did Jesus Christ in fact state that for His followers, depression will never last longer than it did for Him? undecided

By the way, do you know approximately how long David's. Elijah's, Job's, Joseph's, or even Daniel's depression periods lasted? undecided

P.S. Jeremiah is one person that it is clear His depression lasted a very long time that it even earned him the nickname the "wailing prophet" though. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by 1Sharon(f): 11:30pm On Nov 15, 2021
SaveMeLord:

But on a serious note you used to love the Lord Jesus Christ. What happened? You feel peace identifying as an atheist? You want freedom? Huhn you don't want to feel guilty for doing certain things? just tell me I know what to do

I'm not an atheist. I worship FSM.
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
1Sharon:

I'm not an atheist. I worship FSM.
What's that? Fountain of Salvation Ministry. You can't worship a church you know
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by iamtardey: 11:34pm On Nov 15, 2021

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Ladylawyer(f): 11:34pm On Nov 15, 2021
I am really a private person but i open up to my family, i tell them everything there is to know about me. I was surprised to know that a close relation would go behind me and tell another relation not to help me. She lied against me. Oh! How i cried. I still cry not because of what was said but because of who said it. She would always come to console and laugh with me. I helped this lady a whole lot. I can never trust another human with my heart.
At some point i couldn't keep calm any longer and so i called her and told her all that i know. I warned her to please avoid me. I felt better after that.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by iezeiyida(m): 11:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
Op what a great topic this is cool

I stopped opening up to people because I discovered 70% don't give a demn, 20% won't do anything about them rather than being happy you have the problem and spreading them, while the remaining 10% cares but very likely can't do anything to help you sad

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Kobojunkie: 11:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ladylawyer:

It is not about being ashamed of ones story. There are certain secrets as a human being that you wouldn't want to be in the open. It may be your marriage trials, school, or even business secret's/transactions.
It doesn't always seem apparent when we have not actually taken time to process it but there is an element of shame/guilt, feeling that one would be rejected or abandoned or crucified by others if the secret or story is revealed. undecided

In my many years, I have witnessed situations where some who formally hid within themselves, work to resolve those self-esteem issues through some form of counseling, realizing that those secrets are nothing but unnecessary burdens and shackles keeping them from moving forward in those areas in their lives. In all cases, they ended up broadcasting the very same secrets themselves and accepting the reactions that followed , this in order to find the peace they always longed for, this from the burden. undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Ladylawyer(f): 11:38pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It doesn't always seem apparent when we have not actually taken time to process it but there is an element of shame/guilt, feeling that one would be rejected or abandoned or crucified by others if the secret or story is revealed. undecided

In my many years, I have witnessed situations where some who formally hid within themselves, work to resolve those self-esteem issues through some form of counseling, realizing that those secrets are nothing but unnecessary burdens and shackles keeping them from moving forward in those areas in their lives. In all cases, they ended up broadcasting the very same secrets themselves and accepting the reactions that followed , this in order to find the peace they always longed for, this from the burden. undecided
What you said has some truths in it.
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Kobojunkie: 11:39pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ladylawyer:
I am really a private person but i open up to my family, i tell them everything there is to know about me. I was surprised to know that a close relation would go behind me and tell another relation not to help me. She lied against me. Oh! How i cried. I still cry not because of what was said but because of who said it. She would always come to console and laugh with me. I helped this lady a whole lot. I can never trust another human with my heart.
At some point i couldn't keep calm any longer and so i called her and told her all that i know. I warned her to please avoid me. I felt better after that.
But don't you see that that even was not about you but instead about the character of the One who lied against you ? undecided

So long as you know what was said was a lie, why cry about that. Or was there truth to it or something that made you react in the way you did? undecided
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ladylawyer:
I feel your pain but forgive her

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Ladylawyer(f): 11:45pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
But don't you see that that even was not about you but instead about the character of the One who lied against you ? undecided
She destroyed her inegrity with her own hands. The truth is i would not have suspected her for any reason whatsoever but three different relation of ours that saw what i was passing through in the hands of my so called confidant called me at different times to tell me all that happened. Nobody in the family tells their secrets around her anymore. Not even my would be helper.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Kobojunkie: 11:45pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ladylawyer:

What you said has some truths in it.
The long and short of it is keeping secrets benefits absolutely no one. undecided
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Ladylawyer(f): 11:46pm On Nov 15, 2021
SaveMeLord:

I feel your pain but forgive her
I hurt people too and so i forgive easily but i will not get close to her again before she kills me. How can she bite me and sooth my pains at the same time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Ladylawyer(f): 11:48pm On Nov 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The long and short of it is keeping secrets benefits absolutely no one. undecided
I will keep:
My next moves
My achievements
And my mistakes to myself.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Kobojunkie: 11:49pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ladylawyer:

She destroyed her inegrity with her own hands. The truth is i would not have suspected her for any reason whatsoever but three different relation of ours that saw what i was passing through in the hands of my so called confidant called me at different times to tell me all that happened. Nobody in the family tells their secrets around her anymore. Not even my would be helper.
Oh, so you trusted her? undecided

Well, I am against trusting humans since by nature we are untrustworthy beings. undecided
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Kobojunkie: 11:51pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ladylawyer:

I will keep:
My next moves
My achievements
And my mistakes to myself.
Your next moves? Isn't that the answer you provide to a popular job interview question? undecided

Your achievements? You no list am for your resume? undecided

Your mistakes? So long as you be human, you sef get plenty so no bother. undecided
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by 1Sharon(f): 11:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
SaveMeLord:

What's that? Fountain of Salvation Ministry. You can't worship a church you know

No, my God is the flying spaghetti monster. The one true God. All other gods are impastas.
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by cayorday89(m): 11:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
SeriouslySense:
At least we also need to let things out, or a safe space to speak, it does not mean, your secret is the discussion, but your understanding, sharing understanding could help.

To me its not necessarily a secret, in this instance more like your struggles, your pains, who understands it better if not you, and telling people about it is not it at all, except someone you are sure can relate.
To the best of my knowledge, a secret is a nagativity one is trying to protect. One's struggle is not a secret, you only need someone who understands that struggle to help you out of it.
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by 7victor(m): 12:00am On Nov 16, 2021
One man wrote that if you tell people your problem, either they are secretly happy you are suffering or they don't care.

If a person is not the one who would solve your problem,

he or she may secretly hope you don't find solutions to your problem but may be pretending otherwise.

That is the truth about human beings.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by irijuola: 12:04am On Nov 16, 2021
Ofadaman:
Told a close colleague I'd be resigning and moving to a new job gave him details about the new company, colleague legit sorted out my prospective employer info, and called them to inform them that he's also interested in the job and he has more to offer than me, since he's has more experience , dude also told them I lied about my achievements, new HR called me to inquire, I was shocked but the HR told me ,I need to be careful about whom I speak to about my job searched until I've signed an agreement.
Colleague also reported to my line supervisor who has made life really hard for me, even if I knew about his betrayal I've never mentioned to him that I know what he did, instead I just wonder how callous people can be, he constantly ask about the status of my new job and consoles me whenever my supervisor acts up.

This one weak me. If na me, one day when he starts consoling and admonishing me, I'll just start with parables that will be hitting him in the right places. Human beings!!!!

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Ladylawyer(f): 12:04am On Nov 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:

So long as you know what was said was a lie, why cry about that. Or was there truth to it or something that made you react in the way you did? undecided
Your question is quite insensitive.
I just finished school and all my life i lived in one state and also schooled in that state. I needed a change of environment. Luckily enough, i have a very close relation that stays in one of the best cities in Nigeria. The job opportunities there is second to none and as God may have it, this relation of mine has called for my help so many times and i rendered my help so well. I felt she would allow me stay in her place for sometime. I told this confidant of mine and she gave me different flimsy reasons not to go but i told her that going there will make me happier. Atleast let me try.
My so called confidant called my relation i was planning on visiting and told her not to let me into her home, i was not told about other things she said.
My would be helper became hostile to me so that i will not even contemplate on asking for her help. This would be helper of mine used to beg me to come to her home to help her baby sit. They always loved to have me around. I felt used. So because she nolonger needed my services plus the lies that was told i was tossed aside.
I didn't know about what transpired. Like i said earlier, three of my relations that knew what happened and saw that i was still close to my supposed confidant told me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Greatric213(f): 12:10am On Nov 16, 2021
iamyemiakins:
I naturally don't open up to people right from time except it auto-opens wink

The highest percentage I have for trusting people (no matter how close) is 20%
same with me I don't trust people

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Kobojunkie: 12:24am On Nov 16, 2021
Ladylawyer:
My so called confidant called my relation i was planning on visiting and told her not to let me into her home, i was not told about other things she said.
My would be helper became hostile to me so that i will not even contemplate on asking for her help. This would be helper of mine used to beg me to come to her home to help her baby sit. They always loved to have me around. I felt used. So because she nolonger needed my services plus the lies that was told i was tossed aside.
I didn't know about what transpired. Like i said earlier, three of my relations that knew what happened and saw that i was still close to my supposed confidant told me.
I am not in anyway attempting to be insensitive, it's just that I really don't see it the way you seem to. What you describe is what I consider typical family drama that no longer phases me. undecided

As I said, I have never been the trusting kind, this mainly because I resolved early in life that we are all fault prone and hence untrustworthy as a species. So such things as having confidant is weird to me. Again, not trying to be insensitive in anyway. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:24am On Nov 16, 2021
cheesy Thats right, we also need a safe space to express our struggles, because in doing so, we may identify how to overcome it or confront it in a much more effective way.

So its better to share our struggles, with someone who has overcome struggles, and experts.

cayorday89:

To me its not necessarily a secret, in this instance more like your struggles, your pains, who understands it better if not you, and telling people about it is not it at all, except someone you are sure can relate.
To the best of my knowledge, a secret is a nagativity one is trying to protect. One's struggle is not a secret, you only need someone who understands that struggle to help you out of it.
Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by Blastedholligan: 12:30am On Nov 16, 2021
Datboredberry:
After my dad and his relatives...my depressed struggling mom... family drama...

I've learnt to bottle alot of my shìt inside... undecided

Christian's Christ said:

"Cast not your pearls before swine lest they trample on then then charge after you...
And
The heart of man is desperately wicked..."

If the so-called son of God says so, who am I to argue or believe otherwise?
if you believe in these words and you use it to buttress your point, why say "¢so called son of God"?

1 Like

Re: What Made You Decide To Never Open Up To People Again? by jimcaddy(m): 12:30am On Nov 16, 2021
Funny enough, the best types of people to open up to are complete strangers. You see friends are the ones who will go behind you to snitch... Friends are not friends anymore these days.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Guys/Girls What Skin Color Or Looks Do You Prefer Your Dream Woman/Man To Have / My Dad Told My Mum Never To Join Any Social Media App / For The Real Men: Woo A Girl In 120seconds Challenge.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.