Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Help My Dog Is Going Blind - Pets (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help My Dog Is Going Blind (46921 Views)

What Breed Of Dog Is This Dog? (Photos) / Blind Sphynx Cat Who Lost Both Eyes Becomes Instagram Sensation (Photos) / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Immorttal: 10:01am On Nov 15, 2021
ignis:

Aswear na lie ...
2 dogs for 5M? Even human being no reach that amount.
lol, it's true. Good, exotic stocks are costly, even pigs, peacocks, bulls. Horses can go as high as 10million to import one.

1 Like

Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 15, 2021
ignis:

Part of
Funny you..you were asking a rhetorical question man..
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Ramadangcfr(m): 10:03am On Nov 15, 2021
When people are dying of hunger, you get money you no sponsor anybody go school.
U take hug money take buy dog.

Okay. [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Tmcruise(m): 10:10am On Nov 15, 2021
blackmamber:
More pictures
Apply this "Ageratum Conyzoides Leaf" twice in a day, morning and night. Squeeze d leaf together till water comes out. Few drops on the dog eyes is okay.

Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Oladapo3971(m): 10:12am On Nov 15, 2021
Benz4pimp:
That you are poor doesn’t make every other person poor...I sold a British bull dog pup for 550k on this same nairaland........
Can I be your dog keeper sir?
Really looking for job
Fucking depressed
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Blackdisciple(m): 10:19am On Nov 15, 2021
Eyah, poor dog take the dog to vet na at least they can come up with something....
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by PlayMaker14: 10:21am On Nov 15, 2021
Scottz:
poor man angry grin
Online Dangote, but DJ Cuppy tissue paper is relevant than your existence. smiley

1 Like

Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Poopypants: 10:23am On Nov 15, 2021
Scottz:
This thread just exposed so many unexposed individuals here hiding and pretending to be exposed or learned…. I’m just laughing at some people’s confidence in portraying dumbness and stupidity effortlessly grin

For your fvcking information
One easiest way to be a millionaire easily is to breed animals
To the mugus shouting 450k for dog?
What if he had posted Siberian huskies or Pug prices all of una go die
in nigeria , only a few can afford these dogs in reality .. nothing like exposure, nigeria isn’t a country where dogs/pets are prioritized.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Lacash: 10:24am On Nov 15, 2021
blackmamber:
Hello room. I bought this Boston terrier for 450k about 7 months ago.
Suddenly I started noticing discharge and blueish stuff in his eyes plus red too (only in his left eye )

I took him to the vet immediately and they gave him meds and injection but I noticed nothing changed

I have gone to different vet within this 2 weeks and they kept collecting my money and nothing is changing

Please if you’ve gone through this before I would love to know how you treated it. I don’t want my dog to go blind

In addition.
I called the seller and he said the same thing happened to his mom and it disappeared but he can’t really remember what he used because he used a lot of meds and applied alovera inside her eyes
Try consult a Vet bro, they have answer to ur Kweshon
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by samsard(m): 10:24am On Nov 15, 2021
[quote author=Ijoba85 post=107635044][/quote]What makes you think someone who has 450k to spare on a pet doesn't make more than that? How many poor people spend half a million on a dog, Oga? And at what point do you pause making money and spend or enjoy what you have already? Or is it an endless chase?

1 Like

Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 15, 2021
You are more worried about the money than you are concerned about the poor dog's health, you don't deserve the dog and any pet. Cold blooded greedy bastad

1 Like

Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Hurt: 10:30am On Nov 15, 2021
Benz4pimp:
you are a fool,why should I give out a receipt for a dog when I am not a breeder....poor thing like you,I can imagine how you are coping with this bad economy.....if you had come as a cat,I would have sold you to a rich family to help your life.....

Jesus!
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Mekas2016(m): 10:32am On Nov 15, 2021
My brother here in Ireland, The most common treatment for dog eye infection is antibiotics but if the dog eye infection is not responding to antibiotics, let your vet know.
Nonbacterial eye infection might warrant oilments or eyewashes to soothe and heal your dogs eye.
These medicines can be ordered online....wishing your lovely dog a quick healing.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by vicksbaba(m): 10:33am On Nov 15, 2021
blackmamber:
Suddenly I started noticing discharge and blueish stuff in his eyes plus red too (only in his left eye )

I took him to the vet immediately and they gave him meds and injection but I noticed nothing changed

I have gone to different vet within this 2 weeks and they kept collecting my money and nothing is changing

Please if you’ve gone through this before I would love to know how you treated it. I don’t want my dog to go blind

In addition.
I called the seller and he said the same thing happened to his mom and it disappeared but he can’t really remember what he used because he used a lot of meds and applied alovera inside her eyes

Brother, don't waste your Money on vets..most of them are just out there to collect your money! In as much as they have the right to charge you, I'm a strong believer that they should charge you only when they know exactly what's going on...

I'll tell you what's going on with your pet and you're going to pay me because no consultation is free.

First, it's really simple;
1) there's a family history of similar condition (happened to its mother) ; this is why it's extremely important to know the pedigree of your dog; Know the family history of diseases before purchasing
2) you own a Boston terrier.

Your pet has a condition called corneal dystrophy; it's an inherited disease common to this breed of dogs. I don't want to go into the details, but the summary is that there's no cure.
Your dog is genetically predisposed to having materials getting deposited within the outer layer of his eyes. This can cause reduction of visual acuity and subsequently early loss of vision.

Ulceration due to the changes in the corneal can cause superimposed bacteria infection which can accelerate blindness. The discharge is a sign of an ongoing bacteria infection. You can do the following;

1) get chloramphenicol eye drops apply twice in eyes three times daily for 5 days
2) saline drops; apply twice in eyes three times daily before each chloramphenicol drops .. then continue PRN even after the 5days of chloramphenicol eye drops

The above will reduce the progression of the disease

Treatment is replacement of the corneal. I don't think any vet in Nigeria does that. Corneal transplant in human medicine self isn't something you see done in Nigeria.

I wish you and your pet goodluck

Remember next time you're purchasing a pet; ASK FOR THE FAMILY HISTORY OF DISEASES

Disclaimer;
I'm Dr Victor; I'm a medical doctor, not a veterinarian.. I deal with human diseases.

4 Likes

Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Streetdreamx(m): 10:33am On Nov 15, 2021
Scottz:
This thread just exposed so many unexposed individuals here hiding and pretending to be exposed or learned…. I’m just laughing at some people’s confidence in portraying dumbness and stupidity effortlessly grin

For your fvcking information
One easiest way to be a millionaire easily is to breed animals
To the mugus shouting 450k for dog?
What if he had posted Siberian huskies or Pug prices all of una go die
a friend of mine bought a pug puppy for 450k, me I just dey manage my own Caucasian ooo.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Scottz: 10:34am On Nov 15, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Online Dangote, but DJ Cuppy tissue paper is relevant than your existence. smiley
nah
Lame as shiit
Bruh u poor physicaly financially and mentally
From that filth you spilled
Spare me those lame thrash u dumbly called savage undecided
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 15, 2021
gbuay2:
this nairaland people always want to suppress person with money bragging . I beg take to abroad for treatment since you get money jor.
i was only countering someone that said he couldn’t have purchased a dog for 450k...who am I to brag?God giveth
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Hamzxy(m): 10:36am On Nov 15, 2021
All this insult no necessary na
Benz4pimp:
calling me a liar is an insult...u pulled the card first....
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Scottz: 10:37am On Nov 15, 2021
Poopypants:
in nigeria , only a few can afford these dogs in reality .. nothing like exposure, nigeria isn’t a country where dogs/pets are prioritized.
say what you know bosss
Just say you don’t see it where you are
People prioritize pets especially dogs in Nigeria…last month my friend sold huskies to buy himself a Toks Camry muscle of 3m+ In Lagos. Baba people de make money with pets
I’m very close to breeders tho I’m not one.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by marsh4332(m): 10:37am On Nov 15, 2021
450 minus 46.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by foreshore(m): 10:39am On Nov 15, 2021
blackmamber:

In addition.

Hear yourself, bought dog of N450k when a lot of children are out of school because of little money
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Ladycewhy(f): 10:41am On Nov 15, 2021
Make una rest na 450k or no 450k, na solution op dey find.

Just "tap" from his blessings make oluwa pick your call if you feel intimidated. Simple .
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Someodds: 10:42am On Nov 15, 2021
blingxx:

I don't know why Nigerians are like this ,this your comment is the reason why the rich hardly relate with poor people ,do you know his net worth? FYI that 1m might be nothing to him angry

What makes him rich? Buying ekuke 450k and coming to Nairaland to complain about the dog's eye problem. Nairaland na dog hospital. Looks like you're one of those asslickers cause of little change abi? Bleep off.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Tinyemeka(m): 10:43am On Nov 15, 2021
blackmamber:
More pictures

Looks like cataracts. Not too sure.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by adabaraabdul: 10:47am On Nov 15, 2021
CONTACT @dr.ayeni on Instagram. Seek for expert advice.

Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by lavenjcrown(m): 10:53am On Nov 15, 2021
Bro u get time to dey reply this kind person?
blackmamber:

Oga go seat down
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Johel(m): 10:58am On Nov 15, 2021
blackmamber:

In addition.

That's a good dog though..
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by PlayMaker14: 11:01am On Nov 15, 2021
Scottz:
nah
Lame as shiit
Bruh u poor physicaly financially and mentally
From that filth you spilled
Spare me those lame thrash u dumbly called savage undecided
Online Dangote, are you richer than DJ Cuppy's dog?

2 Likes

Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by popsyleo1: 11:01am On Nov 15, 2021
That is snake venom . The dog will not go blind.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Philified: 11:03am On Nov 15, 2021
If you need pure and good quality puppies with affordable price plus follow up till they are fully mature, just visit Mrs. Chris Dogs online or go to number 66, Murtala Muhammed international airport road Lagos. Just after the junction. They have been there for many years with massive experience. You can thank me later.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Ungodly: 11:06am On Nov 15, 2021
PlayMaker14:
You should have left the price of the dog out of it, it was not necessary....

Online bragging at this time is irrelevant..

Say NO to online bragging.
not online bragging he definitely put the amount to it so you guys can know how desperately and urgently he needs solution for the dog… if he hadn’t put the price not much people would have seen it as a serious issue or give a proper advice that can lead to solution … but when your mind is wretched you can’t help but think in a wretched way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Utah: Animal Trainer Saved In Alligator Attack ( Graphic Pix, Video) / SOLD! SOLD!! 4month BingLabBull Mastiffs For Sale To Go With That your New Ride! / Police Arrest Alsatian Dog For Robbery In Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.