Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,349 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Help My Dog Is Going Blind - Pets (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help My Dog Is Going Blind (46917 Views)

What Breed Of Dog Is This Dog? (Photos) / Blind Sphynx Cat Who Lost Both Eyes Becomes Instagram Sensation (Photos) / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Silentgroper(m): 11:12am On Nov 15, 2021
alizma:

He wasn't bragging, he was only trying to let the guy know that there are people that can afford that on nairaland besides he didn't say the dogs are his
but d topic says " help MY dog is going blind"

1 Like

Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by gonkin(m): 11:13am On Nov 15, 2021
Person wen i know wen buy dog (yahoo boy) more than 500k fine looking dog after 2 years maga no pay, dog wan come start wahala like wetin witches send come. Also this blindness, drooling, anus wahala issues the guy sell the dog for less than 150k. He said dog no get 2nd hand value and its perishable. I laugh sha.

Fix it and sell it.... i understand the relationship would be gone but tou gonna feel worse when it goes blind so do the needful and sell sell sell. No 2nd value. Lol so funny
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Scottz: 11:13am On Nov 15, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Online Dangote, are you richer than DJ Cuppy's dog?
wo gerrout go ask the dog no disturb me jare undecided
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Poopypants: 11:14am On Nov 15, 2021
Scottz:
say what you know bosss
Just say you don’t see it where you are
People prioritize pets especially dogs in Nigeria…last month my friend sold huskies to buy himself a Toks Camry muscle of 3m+ In Lagos. Baba people de make money with pets
I’m very close to breeders tho I’m not one.
no they don’t , your friend and his customers are among the 20% that prioritize pets in nigeria .. 80% don’t
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Zinnypounds: 11:18am On Nov 15, 2021
You are mad for using 450k to buy just a dog while you can train someone in school with that money �
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by valdovas(m): 11:25am On Nov 15, 2021
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by RANGO23(m): 11:27am On Nov 15, 2021
This is Glaucoma ....use anti inflammatory drug and a good antibiotics .....pray the pressure in the eye does not affect the optic nerve .... because that's blindness
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Beautyblac(f): 11:30am On Nov 15, 2021
That 450k would have done a lot for me in my career chaiiiii
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:31am On Nov 15, 2021
airminem:
undecided 450k for EKUKE? Okay please take the 404 directly to the Minister of health to help you out.

We are eepless!

Nairaland hmm
Which ekuke U dont know shit about dogs
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by tempusfugit: 11:36am On Nov 15, 2021
Hahhha nairaland is too funny
airminem:
See how you are insulting me, is it good like that ehn? Why na? No be dog eye problem we dey talk again ni? It's alright
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by tempusfugit: 11:41am On Nov 15, 2021
You were saying
osazuwa23:
450k naira for a dog is scam that is almost 1097.21 dollars for a dog.op you better return the dog and get money back, the average price to buy a dog rnage from $50-200$ from shelter embarassed

Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by ikorodureporta: 11:56am On Nov 15, 2021
This 450 wey u talk so, na how to dey rear dogs come my mind
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by AvalonSpace(m): 11:57am On Nov 15, 2021
Somebody has been on this forum asking to be helped with anything because of his health condition. He even showed pictorial evidence and somebody on the other side bought an animal for hundreds of a thousand naira!

1 Like

Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by chicoMX(m): 11:59am On Nov 15, 2021
Op this looks like cataract
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Ijoba85: 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2021
samsard:
What makes you think someone who has 450k to spare on a pet doesn't make more than that? How many poor people spend half a million on a dog, Oga? And at what point do you pause making money and spend or enjoy what you have already? Or is it an endless chase?
You are not getting my point dude, I'm not saying the guy isn't a rich guy or can't afford the money, I'm just trying to say the money could have helped reduce unemployment rate. He can choose to do and undo, it is his money, he can do whatever he likes with it. And who says the guy isn't a CEO already but here we are discussing this. Me just think the money can help provide little jobs for the unemployed. It's my opinion though
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by MorningStar233: 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
Benz4pimp:
or you think it’s money from loan they use in importing dog?sit and learn child....

Atleast it's not money from Armed robbery, na loan
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by makavelli47(m): 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2021
He will be fine with time

Seen it on a baby goat (kid) it started with one eye and spread to the other. It was blind for a few days before it got better
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Omoluabi16(m): 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2021
This makes me sad. Dogs are one of the most sweetest creatures around.I hope your dog gets well, because I fear you might have to put it down.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by DAMN99: 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2021
450k dog? Una get money for NL oo
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by KefeeBRIGHT91(m): 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2021
blackmamber:
More pictures

...this your dog pose pass some nairaland models o
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Adol84: 12:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
I feel pity for the dog's eyes. It will be fine. It is not going blind. Be cool.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Adol84: 1:03pm On Nov 15, 2021
vicksbaba:

Brother, don't waste your Money on vets..most of them are just out there to collect your money! In as much as they have the right to charge you, I'm a strong believer that they should charge you only when they know exactly what's going on...

I'll tell you what's going on with your pet and you're going to pay me because no consultation is free.

First, it's really simple;
1) there's a family history of similar condition (happened to its mother) ; this is why it's extremely important to know the pedigree of your dog; Know the family history of diseases before purchasing
2) you own a Boston terrier.

Your pet has a condition called corneal dystrophy; it's an inherited disease common to this breed of dogs. I don't want to go into the details, but the summary is that there's no cure.
Your dog is genetically predisposed to having materials getting deposited within the outer layer of his eyes. This can cause reduction of visual acuity and subsequently early loss of vision.

Ulceration due to the changes in the corneal can cause superimposed bacteria infection which can accelerate blindness. The discharge is a sign of an ongoing bacteria infection. You can do the following;

1) get chloramphenicol eye drops apply twice in eyes three times daily for 5 days
2) saline drops; apply twice in eyes three times daily before each chloramphenicol drops .. then continue PRN even after the 5days of chloramphenicol eye drops

The above will reduce the progression of the disease

Treatment is replacement of the corneal. I don't think any vet in Nigeria does that. Corneal transplant in human medicine self isn't something you see done in Nigeria.

I wish you and your pet goodluck

Remember next time you're purchasing a pet; ASK FOR THE FAMILY HISTORY OF DISEASES

Disclaimer;
I'm Dr Victor; I'm a medical doctor, not a veterinarian.. I deal with human diseases.
. You are a good man. I do not owe a dog but your article really captured me.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Exkandayee(m): 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2021
Benz4pimp:
That you are poor doesn’t make every other person poor...I sold a British bull dog pup for 550k on this same nairaland........
My brother I need a dog of 50k, like German Shepard
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by CrazyCrane: 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2021
blackmamber:
Hello room. I bought this Boston terrier for 450k about 7 months ago.
Suddenly I started noticing discharge and blueish stuff in his eyes plus red too (only in his left eye )

I took him to the vet immediately and they gave him meds and injection but I noticed nothing changed

I have gone to different vet within this 2 weeks and they kept collecting my money and nothing is changing

Please if you’ve gone through this before I would love to know how you treated it. I don’t want my dog to go blind

In addition.
I called the seller and he said the same thing happened to his mom and it disappeared but he can’t really remember what he used because he used a lot of meds and applied alovera inside her eyes
Hello blackmamber
Since the seller said it happened to the dam definitely it's health issues in the lineage.
Kindly, take note of the medicine that'll work; someone else who'll buy a pup from you might need it.....
Wishing your boy quick recovery.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by tcomms: 1:09pm On Nov 15, 2021
Are you based in Lagos, if yes! I have a clinic I can refer you to.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by viexcey(f): 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2021
blackmamber:
Hello room. I bought this Boston terrier for 450k about 7 months ago.
Suddenly I started noticing discharge and blueish stuff in his eyes plus red too (only in his left eye )

I took him to the vet immediately and they gave him meds and injection but I noticed nothing changed

I have gone to different vet within this 2 weeks and they kept collecting my money and nothing is changing

Please if you’ve gone through this before I would love to know how you treated it. I don’t want my dog to go blind

In addition.
I called the seller and he said the same thing happened to his mom and it disappeared but he can’t really remember what he used because he used a lot of meds and applied alovera inside her eyes

Try Can-C eye drops
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Godfirst01(m): 1:21pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ijoba85:
You can create 5 pos stands and get people employed

You can set up barbecue joints and get guys trained and employed

You can set up display glass for snacks and drinks and get people employed

You can set up a computer shop and get people employed

You can set up a mini boutique and get people employed

You can set up a barber's shop and get people employed

You can set up beer joints with pepper soup and get people employed

You can set up an indomie joints and get people employed

You can set up a game (ps3 and ps4) and get people employed

You can set up a football viewing center and get people employed

You can invest in liquid soap and izal production and people gets employed

You can supply crayfish /vegetables and get people employed

Plenty things you can do with 450k brother, they are uncountable

The Op didnt ask you for suggestion on investing 450,000. You can ignore if you dont have a required response to the post. Must you display your self impose business ideas on people?
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by charlexarmani(m): 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2021
Chai and I dey look for 370k to travel go Gambia for my football deal, God abeg bless me like dis op
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by nairamaniac: 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2021
PlayMaker14:
You should have left the price of the dog out of it, it was not necessary....

Online bragging at this time is irrelevant..

Say NO to online bragging.

Check your inner self.

You must have natural follow-come toxic jealousy.

How did it even bother you by 1% if his dog even cost 1billion naira.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by Aguiyimba(m): 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2021
Re u hia for help or to tell us the amount u bought ur dog.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by nairamaniac: 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2021
Ijoba85:
You can create 5 pos stands and get people employed

You can set up barbecue joints and get guys trained and employed

You can set up display glass for snacks and drinks and get people employed

You can set up a computer shop and get people employed

You can set up a mini boutique and get people employed

You can set up a barber's shop and get people employed

You can set up beer joints with pepper soup and get people employed

You can set up an indomie joints and get people employed

You can set up a game (ps3 and ps4) and get people employed

You can set up a football viewing center and get people employed

You can invest in liquid soap and izal production and people gets employed

You can supply crayfish /vegetables and get people employed

Plenty things you can do with 450k brother, they are uncountable

You officially have the poorest mentality on this forum.
Re: Help My Dog Is Going Blind by nairamaniac: 1:29pm On Nov 15, 2021
adanny01:

When op mention the price of the dog, the price became more important than the dog itself. So i believe he is more concerned of his money than the what the dog is to him.

How wdnt op be concerned about the price of the dog.

The dog is also an investment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Utah: Animal Trainer Saved In Alligator Attack ( Graphic Pix, Video) / SOLD! SOLD!! 4month BingLabBull Mastiffs For Sale To Go With That your New Ride! / Police Arrest Alsatian Dog For Robbery In Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.