Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,832 members, 7,802,668 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! (27860 Views)

My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Xenry: 1:44pm On Nov 15, 2021
Sleep paralysis (plural: sleep paralyses) is a state, during waking up or falling asleep, in which a person is aware but unable to move or speak.
During an episode, one may hallucinate (hear, feel, or see things that are not there), which often results in fear. Episodes generally last less than a couple of minutes. It may occur as a single episode or be recurrent.
The condition can be triggered by sleep deprivation, psychological stress, or abnormal sleep cycles. The underlying mechanism is believed to involve a dysfunction in REM sleep.
Have you experienced sleep paralysis before? Share your experience!
I have experienced it before: I woked up, but couldn't move, tried to speak/call out for help, but couldn't.
The only part of my body that could move then was my feet, but in a very, very slow motion.
I also hallucinated: I heard my brother calling me, but it's all in my mind because this guy wasn't even at home then.
After some time, it started fading away and I could move my body again.
I had no difficulty in breathing. It's scary, because you would feel trapped, and not being able to move your body. And also, hallucinations could cause fear, and sometimes you would feel another person's presence in your room.

To some, it's demonic. To others, it's pretty normal. Share your own experience.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Nilx: 1:47pm On Nov 15, 2021
I don’t know if it’s sleeping paralysis or spiritual paralysis.

I moved to a room that belong to my late aunt, in two weeks, I had more than 3 sleeping paralysis.

The first time I had sleeping paralysis, I just shouted “Jesus” instead the normal “in the name of Jesus”. Because there’s belief that shouting “in the name of Jesus” will set you free if you experiencing the spiritual attack.

But note; if you are not strong enough, you might not be able to complete the sentence and the potency is in name.

So when I had sleeping paralysis I just shouted Jesus” and I was set free.

I had to go back to my room after few weeks. At lest, nightmare is better than Sleeping paralysis and incessant migraine.

The nightmare continues.........

If don’t understand read my signature

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by federal9: 1:49pm On Nov 15, 2021
I kept money inside my pocket and slept off. I saw Peter entering my room, and then he searched my pocket and took out my 5k.

I was trying to open my eyes but I couldn't. I tried saying a word but I couldn't. I started breathing heavily.

I had to keep increasing my breathing level until I woke up breathing heavily. I searched my pocket and saw my 5k.

Had it been I couldn't find my 5k, Peter would have been in trouble.

307 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by KillIgbohoN0W: 1:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
Make una go for deliverance from demonic possession abeg. Stop using grammar to cover up

63 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Godada(m): 1:52pm On Nov 15, 2021

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by slimjohn2k5: 1:52pm On Nov 15, 2021
I get sleep paralysis when cold only

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by slimjohn2k5: 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
Make una go for deliverance from demonic possession abeg. Stop using grammar to cover up

Na them. Una dey mk pastor buy PJ

32 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Rareoil(m): 1:54pm On Nov 15, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:

There is nothing demonic in sleep paralysis

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by JustStupidity: 2:57pm On Nov 15, 2021
Who knows whether PSG will extend their contract with Messi. Although Chelsea is doing better now

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Sonnobax15(m): 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
undecided
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Boogyman557: 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2021
Holly Gram cool real matters. WTF MAN
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Milli10(m): 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
I don't know exactly what always causes my sleep paralysis but I know whenever I'm at it, I always scream out loud while sleeping.

Mine doesn't come often, perhaps once in two months but I'll always have my brother to thank cos he's always there to wake me up from the paralysis.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by luizpippo(m): 7:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
First time I experienced it was in 2013, I went to supervise the building of a hostel in Ibillo, I felt someone like an old woman approach the window, then the experience started, I was screaming Jesus inaudibly yet the presser pressed me to its satisfaction grin

The worst experience was in 2019 when I went to supervise a renovation at Ekpoma, I felt the walls of a standard room closing in on me, then the pressing started, it was the longest and scariest I ever had, I woke up and felt probably it was the clients nephew who threatened me when I first got there that was behind it grin

I always seem to know when it is about to start, if I am fast enough to lie on my side, I can escape it, lying on my tommy makes it lesser or even does not happen but lying face up seem to be an invitation grin grin grin

149 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by solidmyk(m): 7:25pm On Nov 15, 2021
Lemme share dis one
This was during my teenage years, all my famz left home for an outing excluding me, so I tried taking some nap, lo and behold I started receiving this pressing, I could vividly see someone leaving the house my thought was that he came in to rob stuffs, all my efforts to wake up was abortive, after some seconds I woke up just to realize I closed the door before sleeping I just lose the sleep straight up.

28 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by solidmyk(m): 7:27pm On Nov 15, 2021
luizpippo:
First time I experienced it was in 2013, I went to supervise the building of a hostel in Ibillo, I felt someone like an old woman approach the window, then the experience started, I was screaming Jesus inaudibly yet the presser pressed me to its satisfaction grin

The worst experience was in 2019 when I went to supervise a renovation at Ekpoma, I felt the walls of a standard room closing in on me, then the pressing started, it was the longest and scariest I ever had, I woke up and felt probably it was the clients nephew who threatened me when I first got there that was behind it grin

I always seem to know when it is about to start, if I am fast enough to lie on my side, I can escape it, lying on my tommy makes it lesser or even does not happen but lying face up seem to be an invitation grin grin grin
cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Olarsview: 8:39pm On Nov 15, 2021
The reason why I don't sleep with my back on the bed floor

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Nonexisting: 8:43pm On Nov 15, 2021
Baba, let me help rephrase the topic so that people will understand better. Oya oya where are all those who pastors don chop their money for deliverance from witches attack at nights? Come and share your stories because na sleep paralysis be una problem.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Xenry: 10:04pm On Nov 15, 2021
Nonexisting:
Baba, let me help rephrase the topic so that people will understand better. Oya oya where are all those who pastors don chop their money for deliverance from witches attack at nights? Come and share your stories because na sleep paralysis be una problem.
Lol. Nigerian pastors can be funny shaaa. Any little thing, they will connect it with spirituality grin.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Newyorkitis(m): 5:41am On Nov 16, 2021
Xenry:
Lol. Nigerian pastors can be funny shaaa. Any little thing, they will connect it with spirituality grin.

Even in Nature, we have negative and positive forces.
So science should stop deceiving the gullible with another name for what is known already in the religions of the world.

22 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Xenry: 9:51am On Nov 16, 2021
Lalasticlala...

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 16, 2021
This happens to me once in a while when I am sleep deprived. But sleeping on my back is like giving it an invitation card. The shit almost got me thinking, my village people have finally caught up with me, but na small challenge.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Xenry: 7:53pm On Nov 16, 2021
dannyrhymes600:
This happens to me once in a while when I am sleep deprived. But sleeping on my back is like giving it an invitation card. The shit almost got me thinking, my village people have finally caught up with me, but na small challenge.
It can be caused by sleep deprivation. But e no dey happen to me again even though I hardly sleep at night.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 17, 2021
Xenry:
It can be caused by sleep deprivation. But e no dey happen to me again even though I hardly sleep at night.

If you don't sleep at night but sleep well in the day, it's not likely to happen

6 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Xenry: 8:22am On Nov 21, 2021
Lalasticlala...
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Randal: 10:07pm On Dec 03, 2021
Scary
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by headSmasher: 10:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by luminouz(m): 10:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
Scary
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Crusadee: 10:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
grin by
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Emmypure: 10:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
It only happened to me once, I don't pray to experience it again.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by starbuck(f): 10:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
Una too like to dey over flog topics on NL

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Staring At Women’s Bosoms Makes Men Live Longer And Healthier- Dr. Karen / I Will Never Drink And Smoke Weed Again / My breasts are too big. I want to reduce them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.