Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! (27874 Views)

My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by 15ssDRIVE(m): 3:12am On Dec 04, 2021
Xenry:
Lol. Nigerian pastors can be funny shaaa. Any little thing, they will connect it with spirituality grin.

If not, no payments from the Magas
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by kripen(m): 3:13am On Dec 04, 2021
People that don't believe should know people die in their sleep so how do they explain that.
So , it is just God grace that we always overcome this experience.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by LivingTribunal: 3:14am On Dec 04, 2021
Go to bed everybody it's late, and try to sleep on your back and face up if you wish to experience it!!
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Rapture4real(m): 3:27am On Dec 04, 2021
That thing you gave good English to is demonic. It's witchcraft oppression. Some people experience certain things after is such as weak spiritual life, sexual or lustful sensation, excessive talking to oneself etc. It's not normal. Scholars of. Scientists who are averse to spiritual matters must give every situation its scientific explanation. It's witchcraft attack. Evil seeds are planted into people. Sometime you wake up with goose pimples like chicken pox in your box which disappears within minutes by itself.

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by RUGGEDWEAVER(m): 3:27am On Dec 04, 2021
I also experienced mine some weeks ago while I was sleeping, all of a sudden I opened my eyes and I saw a lady on a white dress staring at me but I didn’t see her face clearly, I couldn’t even move nor say anything but I keep muttering Jesus in my head. This sh*t is f*king scary at times.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by jimtemi1: 3:42am On Dec 04, 2021
Xenry:
Sleep paralysis (plural: sleep paralyses) is a state, during waking up or falling asleep, in which a person is aware but unable to move or speak.
During an episode, one may hallucinate (hear, feel, or see things that are not there), which often results in fear. Episodes generally last less than a couple of minutes. It may occur as a single episode or be recurrent.
The condition can be triggered by sleep deprivation, psychological stress, or abnormal sleep cycles. The underlying mechanism is believed to involve a dysfunction in REM sleep.
Have you experienced sleep paralysis before? Share your experience!

To some, it's demonic. To others, it's pretty normal. Share your own experience.
it not normal it demonic, especially when the person pressing u down stand by the door n wore black..start moving ur fingers to get sensitivity into ur body. I use to have it when I never know Christ, but now I even no dey sleep deep again, any simple sign like this Na night vigil be that
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by KingLarry04: 3:50am On Dec 04, 2021
Help2020:

What you experienced is not sleeping paralysis. Sleeping paralysis and how were u able to shout Jesus?
it's possible to shout if you force yourself

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by bouncin04(m): 4:10am On Dec 04, 2021
cybriz82:
That shit is scary duh..there was a time I slept off at my place of work I woke n got up, but instead walking I was floating in d air n I was like wtf is happening I look back n saw myself still asleep on d office table,i looked my legs but cudnt see nothing,that Moment i realize this shit ain't funny then I tried tapping myself up like dude, u better start praying then I call on jesus...dnt know how it happened duh I just woke up goes down on my kneels n prayed.it took me awhole 3weeks to get that shitz outside my head.. that sleep paralysis that one too no Funny at all..cus sometimes e go b like say person dey Waka ontop ur bed..aside from the fright, they’re harmless. They’re simply the results of disrupted sleep..

@ the emboldened, you don get ham finish. Sleep paralysis has been a normal occurrence to me that once I have an episode I don't even remember I did, not to talk of being scared, but there was one I had and not sure I will forget , it was on a Sunday 17th of February 2019 , swears I believe this episode was more than the ordinary, earlier that day , I still ask God for forgiveness for this particular mistake to this day, I lost a huge sum of money to online gambling , when I say huge I mean huge , depression can't qualify my mental state , it was so bhad that any time I see a betting advert on TV I become sad. I trekked from mile 2 Lagos to Igando that day not that I had no funds on me for t fare , I went insane like I lost my sanity , as in my brain off , it was as though I lost someone close to me . Fast forward to mid night or early hours of Monday few minutes past 12am , normally I used to experience sleep paralysis while sleeping belly up but this time I was laying the opposite , I mean sleeping on my belly, I saw this shadow figure float into the room, accompanied with sounds like radio frequency, it was feminine , I felt the bed press down as it knelt with its knees across my back, and then I felt I was being separated from my body, like it was trying to pull me out of my vessel , I couldn't move as usual and then some way some how I woke up, damn it was terrifying , had to go join my little nephews in the other room just to feel company. The following morning mum whom I've barely seen or spoken to for almost a year called me around 7am asking me what happened, that she had a dream seeing me trying to commit suicide , omo shocked . Let me just stop here.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Fash20: 4:10am On Dec 04, 2021
I laid on my back I could see the ceiling but I felt heavy n couldn't move even a finger. I was scared but I calm my self back to sleep. I knew what had just happened when I woke up
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Onliie(m): 4:12am On Dec 04, 2021
You can break sleep paralysis by holding your breath during the session. Adrenaline release will trigger your body to wake up instantly. Confirmed.

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by marttol: 4:23am On Dec 04, 2021
Xenry:
Sleep paralysis (plural: sleep paralyses) is a state, during waking up or falling asleep, in which a person is aware but unable to move or speak.
During an episode, one may hallucinate (hear, feel, or see things that are not there), which often results in fear. Episodes generally last less than a couple of minutes. It may occur as a single episode or be recurrent.
The condition can be triggered by sleep deprivation, psychological stress, or abnormal sleep cycles. The underlying mechanism is believed to involve a dysfunction in REM sleep.
Have you experienced sleep paralysis before? Share your experience!

To some, it's demonic. To others, it's pretty normal. Share your own experience.
HALLUCINATE YOU SAY?... CONTINUE BLOWING GRAMMAR UNTIL DEMONS KILL YOU undecided
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by KingLarry04: 4:27am On Dec 04, 2021
Pillar12:
I have experienced this sh*t about two times or so, It's scary as fvck

I remembered the last one i had i was sleeping face down and far gone in sleeping until i felt something on my back pressing the hell out of my body and arms, i tried lifting my arms i couldn't, I tried standing up i couldn't...This happened for about 2mins or so until i regained consciousness...

When i eventually woke up i could feel some steps but didn't see nothing but i have read about sleep paralysis before so i wasn't scared..I just stood up and went to the rest room to ease myself and continue my sleep back. there was this particular woman in my compound that i discussed the situation with after many weeks she told me about spiritual world that there are some demons that use to walk around the street aimlessly but when they sight a vulnerable person laying face up or sleeping unclad they would go into the room to copulate with the person or maybe do some other stuffs.

I was like this woman dey gimme fabu chop not until she told me about her late brother that gift of seeing the unseen creatures when he was alive that he used to tell her everything. The said woman literally changed my thinking about spirituality.

Do y'all actually know you are not the only one that live in your apartment...We all live with unseen creatures yes you heard me right.

Go on a travel for weeks and come back and check if everything you left in your rooms were all in right places as you left them. They live with you and you live with them.

Whoever that doesn't believe in spiritual world is a full blown ignorant.

Mic dropped.
Yea it's true, my uncle told me the solution is to get a dog as pet around you, so when they noticed that the dog sees them,they'll leave

2 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by marttol: 4:30am On Dec 04, 2021
ImoleNaija:
That thing wey go just hold person for bed, take person voice. One would now feel so powerless & useless. Very scary stuff angry

And the fast heartbeats.
me I saw the three idiots doing seizing my voice.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by marttol: 4:33am On Dec 04, 2021
gbigbega:
Sleep paralysis is demonic. That it has a name does not make it normal.

I use to have it way back then when I visited my uncle. We where two who came on holiday and we both experience same sleep paralysis at the same time.

I once had a weird experience with it while I was in school, living in a private apartment with other students as neighbors . I was under sleep paralysis and was struggling, I don't know how it happened, but I suddenly felt my spirit literarily leaping out of my struggling body and grabbed the neck of my neighbor (a female student) who was on top of me. As i did, she came off me and I woke out of the sleep paralysis.

After I fully surrendered my life to Christ it stopped. Never happened again. Give it a name, describe its symptoms or whatever - it is still foolishness to think its a natural occurrence. They are just giving you a reason not to fight your demonic attack.
Exactly... workings of the dark forces

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by africanusvu(m): 4:38am On Dec 04, 2021
semyd:
, Name,so that whoever cares can be sure
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by rockinrobin: 4:42am On Dec 04, 2021
I used to experience sleep paralysis, after some guidance I bought citrine gemstone and placed under my pillow or wear it around my neck and the experience stopped since then.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by mrkings84(m): 4:47am On Dec 04, 2021
luizpippo:
First time I experienced it was in 2013, I went to supervise the building of a hostel in Ibillo, I felt someone like an old woman approach the window, then the experience started, I was screaming Jesus inaudibly yet the presser pressed me to its satisfaction grin

The worst experience was in 2019 when I went to supervise a renovation at Ekpoma, I felt the walls of a standard room closing in on me, then the pressing started, it was the longest and scariest I ever had, I woke up and felt probably it was the clients nephew who threatened me when I first got there that was behind it grin

I always seem to know when it is about to start, if I am fast enough to lie on my side, I can escape it, lying on my tommy makes it lesser or even does not happen but lying face up seem to be an invitation grin grin grin

My brother u need deliverance.

Go see a doctor!

Yes!, I mean a spiritual doctor.

Yeah!, I mean doctor Jesus.....!!!
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by KingLarry04: 4:50am On Dec 04, 2021
It only occurs to me whenever I sleep facing up or crossing my legs, everything will just go blank, I get out of it by forcefully moving my hands and legs... But I'd noticed it happens whenever I'm sleeping alone
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by mrkings84(m): 4:54am On Dec 04, 2021
[quote author=Fixedman52K post=108193419][/quote]

You claim you have fixed games,
Why don't you stake money on it and win big and stop disturbing people here.

If I dm u now, u will say I should being 6k, is the 6k that will Belle full u?

Since the games are so sure and fixed, u can stake ur next house-rent, so u just win big for once.......
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by WhoDeyHause: 5:07am On Dec 04, 2021
Scary.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Blitzerz: 5:13am On Dec 04, 2021
FILEBE:

Everyone who had had sleep paralysis always like face up. Yes! I think the closing of legs top. Yesss. It happens when I do that too.

Sleeping faced up invites paralysis. Just as being upside down could make one nauseous and dizzy
I have experienced it in face down position many times o.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by nokspos: 5:27am On Dec 04, 2021
I think its attributed to fear. if you get to a new location or you went to bird with a scary mindset
luizpippo:
First time I experienced it was in 2013, I went to supervise the building of a hostel in Ibillo, I felt someone like an old woman approach the window, then the experience started, I was screaming Jesus inaudibly yet the presser pressed me to its satisfaction grin

The worst experience was in 2019 when I went to supervise a renovation at Ekpoma, I felt the walls of a standard room closing in on me, then the pressing started, it was the longest and scariest I ever had, I woke up and felt probably it was the clients nephew who threatened me when I first got there that was behind it grin

I always seem to know when it is about to start, if I am fast enough to lie on my side, I can escape it, lying on my tommy makes it lesser or even does not happen but lying face up seem to be an invitation grin grin grin
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by princewarri1985: 5:33am On Dec 04, 2021
Am a trained psychologist and we did a course on sleep paralysis while in the University, sleep paralysis is what we Nigerians normally refered to as being pressed in the night by a with, i've even heard phd holders, and i mean professors say this shit too that they were pressed in the night by a witch, We africans need to change our backward way of thinking and mentality
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 04, 2021
Silentgroper:
Y are u nt already conscious of it.. Like knowing wen it is about to happen wen u're asleep. U said it's spiritual. if it's spiritual, y can i tell it's abt happening to me nd break it off by turning my head with full force. Abi me sef get spiritual powers i dnt knw of.

I always know and sometimes I beat it by moving my body immediately , it always comes with a sound in my head, so it's easy but the thing is when someone is too tired to move, maybe after a long and stressful day, it just catches up
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 04, 2021
princewarri1985:
Am a trained psychologist and we did a course on sleep paralysis while in the University, sleep paralysis is what we Nigerians normally refered to as being pressed in the night by a with, i've even heard phd holders, and i mean professors say this shit too that they were pressed in the night by a witch, We africans need to change our backward way of thinking and mentality
Oga it's not an African thing. Go on YouTube and watch videos on sleep paralysis, those white also experience it and a lot of them also perceive its demons oppressing them.

If you think by now, these white people aren't spiritual and believe in God, then you have been left behind. There lots of their videos I watch and under their comment sections, I see most of them preaching for people to give their lives to Christ, some say that the devil is real, some say that heaven is real. Not just YouTube, even on IG on their pages.

When this Astroworld concert that Travis Scott did recently that killed at least 10 people and injured hundreds of people , these people attributed it to the devil collecting souls through Travis Scott, they said Travis belonged to some kind of occult. Those that attended the concert that day said they felt some kind of weird energy around that place and it felt demonic. A lot of them believe in God and the Devil. It's no longer an African thing.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Mavrick2012: 6:14am On Dec 04, 2021
Newyorkitis:

Even in Nature, we have negative and positive forces.
So science should stop deceiving the gullible with another name for what is known already in the religions of the world.
religions of the world were built on ignorance, little wonder why people (especially in very educated societies)are leaving religion.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by bosolan: 6:22am On Dec 04, 2021
Y
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Silentgroper(m): 6:24am On Dec 04, 2021
Simran94:

I always know and sometimes I beat it by moving my body immediately , it always comes with a sound in my head, so it's easy but the thing is when someone is too tired to move, maybe after a long and stressful day, it just catches up
So y do u beat it if it's spiritual? How on earth do u knw wen a spiritual attack is abt to hit u?
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Silentgroper(m): 6:31am On Dec 04, 2021
Rapture4real:
That thing you gave good English to is demonic. It's witchcraft oppression. Some people experience certain things after is such as weak spiritual life, sexual or lustful sensation, excessive talking to oneself etc. It's not normal. Scholars of. Scientists who are averse to spiritual matters must give every situation its scientific explanation. It's witchcraft attack. Evil seeds are planted into people. Sometime you wake up with goose pimples like chicken pox in your box which disappears within minutes by itself.
Are u saying d lustful , sexual sensation nd excessive talking to oneself causes sleep paralyses.. Or after having episodes of the paralyses, one tends to do d aforementioned..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Will Never Drink And Smoke Weed Again / Seyyed Mohammad Mirmohammadi Dies From Coronavirus / Pictures Of Some Ladies Who Cellebrated The World No Bra Day Yesterday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.