Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! (27861 Views)

My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by AleksAndria: 10:51am On Dec 04, 2021
Hmm...sleep paralysis.

I would never forget my first experience. 'twas the scariest I've ever had. Came back home from a paper for SSCE, put small rice for fire then decided to lay down and rest, but I slept off.

Time to wake up but I couldn't get up. Mentally I was awake but, I kept struggling to get up, I tried to turn to my side but it felt as though I was being pushed back down, not forcefully, I just felt that pressure. In my head I was screaming seriously but there was no sound, my voice had seized.

When I thought I saw a very dark image hovering above. I just kept praying someone would come in and touch me cos I thought I wasn't going to survive that episode. I just kept repeating in my head that-my brother would come in soon- over and over... don't know how long it took but eventually he did come, he called my name but I heard it very loud and immediately I flew up.. went straight to kitchen to save whatever was left of my rice, even the small egg I put in it got burnt to half..

..Since then, I've had series of episodes but I know better than to fight it. Whatever I see during the process isn't real. I just stay still and let it run it's course because it's a harmless natural phenomenon and it would pass, give or take 5 minutes.

Sleep paralysis mostly happens when you sleep face up. So, I try to sleep on my side but, I still would love to have a peaceful sleep lying on my back.

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by ImaIma1(f): 10:51am On Dec 04, 2021
luizpippo:
First time I experienced it was in 2013, I went to supervise the building of a hostel in Ibillo, I felt someone like an old woman approach the window, then the experience started, I was screaming Jesus inaudibly yet the presser pressed me to its satisfaction grin

The worst experience was in 2019 when I went to supervise a renovation at Ekpoma, I felt the walls of a standard room closing in on me, then the pressing started, it was the longest and scariest I ever had, I woke up and felt probably it was the clients nephew who threatened me when I first got there that was behind it grin

I always seem to know when it is about to start, if I am fast enough to lie on my side, I can escape it, lying on my tommy makes it lesser or even does not happen but lying face up seem to be an invitation grin grin grin

Thanks for this information @ the bolded.

I used to have it a lot especially during pregnancy. I heard it happens a lot during that period. I have had it a couple of times when I wasn't pregnant though.

The experience makes someone so helpless and unable to move. I read that trying to move your toes brings you out of it. I tried it and it helped bring me back to consciousness.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by wallchat: 11:05am On Dec 04, 2021
Same here, lying face up is a big no for me.
luizpippo:
First time I experienced it was in 2013, I went to supervise the building of a hostel in Ibillo, I felt someone like an old woman approach the window, then the experience started, I was screaming Jesus inaudibly yet the presser pressed me to its satisfaction grin

The worst experience was in 2019 when I went to supervise a renovation at Ekpoma, I felt the walls of a standard room closing in on me, then the pressing started, it was the longest and scariest I ever had, I woke up and felt probably it was the clients nephew who threatened me when I first got there that was behind it grin

I always seem to know when it is about to start, if I am fast enough to lie on my side, I can escape it, lying on my tommy makes it lesser or even does not happen but lying face up seem to be an invitation grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by luizpippo(m): 11:47am On Dec 04, 2021
mrkings84:

My brother u need deliverance.

Go see a doctor!

Yes!, I mean a spiritual doctor.

Yeah!, I mean doctor Jesus.....!!!

Lwkmd

MOG

I hear you
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by rafel0(m): 11:49am On Dec 04, 2021
my last sleep paralysis: woke up middle of the night but could neither move any part of my body, for some seconds i thought i was dead.
it was difficult to open my eyes but i did anyway. My roommate was sleeping beside, i tried to tap him but my hands won't move. I struggled to call his name just to be sure i am still alive, it was difficult but i succeeded in waking him. He asked what's wrong but i could not speak again. He went back to sleep assuming i was sleep talking.

it was not my first sleep paralysis so i tried conserve my energy and fall back to sleep
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by leetylee: 11:55am On Dec 04, 2021
I've had multiple sleep paralysis to the point I'm used to it, I know when it starts even if I'm lying on my stomach. I still have strong vibrations whenever I'm asleep like my soul is trying to get out of my physical body... The vibration so strong to the point I don't feel anything. I have alot of stories concerning this disorder

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by kamtamark(m): 11:55am On Dec 04, 2021
My own I feel like something is pressing my neck
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by uhuns: 11:58am On Dec 04, 2021
For the strong mind, install the following.

Ghost Detector Radar...... Playstore

And

Spirit Board.......playstore .

Be warned only for the strong.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by cybriz82(m): 11:59am On Dec 04, 2021
bouncin04:

@ the emboldened, you don get ham finish. Sleep paralysis has been a normal occurrence to me that once I have an episode I don't even remember I did, not to talk of being scared, but there was one I had and not sure I will forget , it was on a Sunday 17th of February 2019 , swears I believe this episode was more than the ordinary, earlier that day , I still ask God for forgiveness for this particular mistake to this day, I lost a huge sum of money to online gambling , when I say huge I mean huge , depression can't qualify my mental state , it was so bhad that any time I see a betting advert on TV I become sad. I trekked from mile 2 Lagos to Igando that day not that I had no funds on me for t fare , I went insane like I lost my sanity , as in my brain off , it was as though I lost someone close to me . Fast forward to mid night or early hours of Monday few minutes past 12am , normally I used to experience sleep paralysis while sleeping belly up but this time I was laying the opposite , I mean sleeping on my belly, I saw this shadow figure float into the room, accompanied with sounds like radio frequency, it was feminine , I felt the bed press down as it knelt with its knees across my back, and then I felt I was being separated from my body, like it was trying to pull me out of my vessel , I couldn't move as usual and then some way some how I woke up, damn it was terrifying , had to go join my little nephews in the other room just to feel company. The following morning mum whom I've barely seen or spoken to for almost a year called me around 7am asking me what happened, that she had a dream seeing me trying to commit suicide , omo shocked . Let me just stop here.

grin no b small omo...

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Silentgroper(m): 12:20pm On Dec 04, 2021
Simran94:

Do you know that humans are actually spirits? The body is just a container. When a man dies, his spirit leaves the body and that's why the body decays after sometime because there's no host in it.
It's not just this "sleep paralysis", people can actually sense when something bad is about to happen, sometimes you feel uneasy with yourself or environment, your instincts just keeps pricking you to do something or leave a place or not to go somewhere you planned on going.

I'm sure you must have had someone say something like that or even a personal experience.
Yeah well.. True
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Kylce042(m): 12:21pm On Dec 04, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
Make una go for deliverance from demonic possession abeg. Stop using grammar to cover up

Go Edo nah make the demon no posses you too nah witch craft be that nothing normal about it just witches sucking blood
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Reasonwithme2(m): 12:21pm On Dec 04, 2021
kapelvej:
Mine is very embarrassing, I get sleep paralysis very often at least once in 10 days. I will just be screaming and screaming and disgracing my self up and down, I wish I can just be quite while it last. I really need help on this angry angry angry angry angry angry

I've been having sleep paralysis from childhood, then I could only shout Jesus in my mind severally before I wake up. I got tired of it happening to me every now and then till I sorted out a solution..
I discovered a solution by God's grace, one that does not involve struggling and shouting.. one time when it happened and I was resisting and trying to shout Jesus, but to no avail, I mistakenly hit my leg on the wall and that was when I woke up. But since then when ever it happens, with my mind consciously awake, I try to focus all my energy, attention and muscle on one part of my body either my fingers or toes. If I can successfully move them, I'd wake up, the movement can be as little as just a tip of the finger or toes moving eg like when a patient recovers from coma, that little finger push, is all I need and I'll wake up. So since then I'm not afraid of it anymore, once it happens I do what I have to do, wake up and then go back to sleep afterwards. I'm sharing this because it works for me, you can try it too..

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Kylce042(m): 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
luizpippo:

You know the full story
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by BurntDodo: 12:30pm On Dec 04, 2021
gbigbega:
Sleep paralysis is demonic. That it has a name does not make it normal.

I use to have it way back then when I visited my uncle. We where two who came on holiday and we both experience same sleep paralysis at the same time.

I once had a weird experience with it while I was in school, living in a private apartment with other students as neighbors . I was under sleep paralysis and was struggling, I don't know how it happened, but I suddenly felt my spirit literarily leaping out of my struggling body and grabbed the neck of my neighbor (a female student) who was on top of me. As i did, she came off me and I woke out of the sleep paralysis.

After I fully surrendered my life to Christ it stopped. Never happened again. Give it a name, describe its symptoms or whatever - it is still foolishness to think its a natural occurrence. They are just giving you a reason not to fight your demonic attack.

grin grin You're either sleep deprived, sleeping too hot or you're unfamiliar with the place you're sleeping.

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Dmores: 1:49pm On Dec 04, 2021
To those who cares to know,from my findings sleep paralysis is very demonic, science always deceive you some things are normal thereby calling it names,the writer said you will hallucinate,there's nothing like hallucination, whatever you see is for real,it happened to me twice,the first time I saw an image and this not hallucination,i saw the image for real,most of the time when power of darkness came when you're sleeping and you woke up in the process, the next thing they will do is paralyzed you to attack you but calling the name of Jesus will set you free and they will flee so the first time he came i woke up i saw the image i couldn't move,tongue got tight to talk,my wife was fast asleep,i started murmuring the name of Jesus forcing myself to talk and it vanished,the second time also the image came standing beside my kids bed because my kids can't sleep alone despite the three rooms we have though my sister in-law stay in one room but we all stay in a room,so this midnight,the image came like a monster,i saw it but couldn't move or talk,so i started struggling, calling the name of Jesus on my mind and it vanished and i got free,this isn't just ordinary don't take it lightly, that's why we should be prayerful

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by SamPeeLamen(m): 1:53pm On Dec 04, 2021

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by SamPeeLamen(m): 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
This is apt. If you're a victim of constant sleep paralysis, don't sleep with your back to the ground. You either sleep sideways, or sleep with your belly to the bed
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by daytona007: 2:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
LillyandDaisy:

I have it almost all night!!!
I’m staying all alone, in a rented 2bedroom flat apartment, single building in a compound of 2plot fenced, is just like I always see a strange creature entering my room!!! And when I try to challenge it I feel like entangled and helpless till he decide to leave the room!!! But now I done Dey use Sharyo to cure am, after taking like 5 bottles... Bro’s Na till day break!
Bro, seek proper help man. Go see psychia. It might be a vivid trauma from childhood.

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Househelp(m): 2:20pm On Dec 04, 2021
KingDash:
when that shit occurs, someone close to me bout to die.. true story.
are you serious, what's your fate about
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by donsheddy1(m): 2:34pm On Dec 04, 2021
I stopped programming at night so I can get enough sleep. I only get those sleep paralysis once i deprive myself of sleep. Once it starts, I just relax and try to move my head so my body can wake up too.
Xenry:
Sleep paralysis (plural: sleep paralyses) is a state, during waking up or falling asleep, in which a person is aware but unable to move or speak.
During an episode, one may hallucinate (hear, feel, or see things that are not there), which often results in fear. Episodes generally last less than a couple of minutes. It may occur as a single episode or be recurrent.
The condition can be triggered by sleep deprivation, psychological stress, or abnormal sleep cycles. The underlying mechanism is believed to involve a dysfunction in REM sleep.
Have you experienced sleep paralysis before? Share your experience!

To some, it's demonic. To others, it's pretty normal. Share your own experience.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by Onliie(m): 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2021
RUGGEDWEAVER:
What if the person now give up from there ? It will now turn to a case of sleeping and not waking up again
You can't die by holding your breath.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by warriking(m): 6:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
Well to me,I don't see it as ordinary, it's very spiritual. Just pray about most especially whenever it occurs
Simran94:

LOL, I never lay face up, I stopped when I experienced it the first time, then I switched to lying face down and still I experience it every now and then.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by cybriz82(m): 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2021
Solofresh2:
I can still remember well that I experienced a sleeping paralysis when I am 12.
Out of ignorance,I taught I was going to die.
I just noticed am aware of my environment but I can't move or talk.I tried calling for my mom but it was as if I am in the spirit realm. I know I was shouting but my mouth is not open despite the fact that I keep shouting and shouting "Mummy! Mummy!
It was a terrible experience for me.

Ur brain made it seem like u were shouting but u ain't.ccus evn if ur mum is close to u she wudnt hear anything..

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by LillyandDaisy: 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
daytona007:

Bro, seek proper help man. Go see psychia. It might be a vivid trauma from childhood.
Really!! We go and do some consultation

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by yinkeys(m): 10:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
Why do I have a strange feeling that this only happens to people who have engaged in fornication. undecided
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by mccloud224(m): 11:12pm On Dec 04, 2021
I saw this thread yesternite and subconsciously I knew I would have sleep paralysis.... And I did.

Its NOT a bad thing so stop making your scam pastor richer with your stup*dity. From sleep paralysis, you can actually go into higher (or lesser states) during OBE (out of body experience). When I experience it, I either explore or cancel. It's a choice and its NOT witchcraft (how did I end up in this brain dead zombie country to begin with).

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by coolaustyne(m): 11:20pm On Dec 04, 2021
This is mostly caused when the brain wakes up before the body...
All u need do is stay calm, try to move your hands and legs.... In no time u regain consciousness...
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by KingDash: 12:57am On Dec 05, 2021
Househelp:
are you serious, what's your fate about
how I won take know
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by IMAliyu(m): 1:46am On Dec 06, 2021
adedayo3193:

Abeg, how you did go about the lucid dreaming
I can't fully explain it, but I was reading about lucid dreaming at the time, and was curious how it was possible. Sleep paralysis is explained to be a state between sleep and awakeness.

The time I had it, I had already experienced several sleep paralysis episodes previously so it wasn't a new experience for me, but this one time while the episode was on going I just closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep despite it, and tried not to allow fear to catch me. I found that in that state I started dreaming while being aware of the fact that I was dreaming, or was having really vivid imaginations, tried have fun with it while it lasted, but I eventually lost awareness and it became a normal dream.
I have not been able to replicate that experience unfortunately.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by zedman1(m): 8:14pm On Dec 06, 2021
cybriz82:
That shit is scary duh..there was a time I slept off at my place of work I woke n got up, but instead walking I was floating in d air n I was like wtf is happening I look back n saw myself still asleep on d office table,i looked my legs but cudnt see nothing,that Moment i realize this shit ain't funny then I tried tapping myself up like dude, u better start praying then I call on jesus...dnt know how it happened duh I just woke up goes down on my kneels n prayed.it took me awhole 3weeks to get that shitz outside my head.. that sleep paralysis that one too no Funny at all..cus sometimes e go b like say person dey Waka ontop ur bed..aside from the fright, they’re harmless. They’re simply the results of disrupted sleep..
This one is called astral projection. It's quite different from sleep paralysis. Some people can deliberately go into this state. Yours, like so many others was by mistake.
Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by zedman1(m): 8:18pm On Dec 06, 2021
mccloud224:
I saw this thread yesternite and subconsciously I knew I would have sleep paralysis.... And I did.

Its NOT a bad thing so stop making your scam pastor richer with your stup*dity. From sleep paralysis, you can actually go into higher (or lesser states) during OBE (out of body experience). When I experience it, I either explore or cancel. It's a choice and its NOT witchcraft (how did I end up in this brain dead zombie country to begin with).
Shet! This is me bro.

1 Like

Re: Share Your "Sleep Paralysis" Experience! by WELLINGTON01: 2:23pm On Dec 12, 2021
truthsayer009:
Sleep paralysis can be both medical and spiritual, depending on the environment you find yourself and your current stress level.

For me, I experienced the spiritual part of sleep paralysis. I use to visit my grand mum's family house in Ibadan back then & each time I visit I always have this sleep paralysis. so one day I decided to do an experiment. I slept outside in an hotel in Ibadan a night before and I was fine. Next morning I got into the family house and slept and not less than 30 minutes I had the sleep paralysis. It happens so bad that It felt like I was going to die. I was literally screaming "JESUS JESUS" inside my mind as my mouth couldn't open nor my body move. This continued to happen, one time It happened and I managed to get up. I was upset that I prayed for like 2 hours that night. After then It stopped happening permanently, then started again after a long time I had visited.

I just knew there was something fishy about that place.

I had a friend who was experiencing sleep paralysis as soon as he moved into a newly rented apartment, I bluntly told him the apartment was possessed. he doubted me as usual but when he nearly died through sleep paralysis, nobody told him to move out after one year. Some environments are spiritually contaminated.

From experience, sleep paralysis also has a stronger grip when the environment is dark or you are sleeping on your face down.

mehn God bless you for this your analysis...all what you said up there re tru...some places are filled with dark forces, sleep paralysis may be natural but those dark forces have taken it as their duty to torment people

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Staring At Women’s Bosoms Makes Men Live Longer And Healthier- Dr. Karen / I Will Never Drink And Smoke Weed Again / My breasts are too big. I want to reduce them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.