Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) (39101 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Atiku And Obasanjo / Patience, Goodluck Jonathan And Obasanjo At Udom Emmanuel's Father's Burial / Jonathan And Obasanjo Snub Akpabio At Timi Alaibe's Daughter's Wedding (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by grandstar(m): 12:15pm On Nov 16, 2021
JaceBlaze:

May not all be gold but still draws immigrants closer like a moth to a flame.The fact is South Africa still remains the BEST country in Africa regardless of the hurdles that come with it...FACTS.

It isn't the best.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by grandstar(m): 12:19pm On Nov 16, 2021
IronGalaxy:
There are slums, crime in France, the Us,the UK etc and other problems as well and these are functional countries. So it goes without saying.

Do not try and downplay the size of South Africa's problem. The violent xenophobia is an outward display of the size of the problem. None of the other countries suffer from the same problems with the degree of that of South Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by CoolAmbience(m): 12:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
Earlystar698:
Look how the dullard put hand for back, like the disaster he is. Borrower of future Nigerians

Go and hug a transformer to show that you are really pained...

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by IronGalaxy: 1:19pm On Nov 16, 2021
grandstar:

Do not try and downplay the size of South Africa's problem. The violent xenophobia is an outward display of the size of the problem. None of the other countries suffer from the same problems with the degree of that of South Africa.
Lol. Total BS. How do you quantify different problems from different countries? For example, the US has a gun culture and is a violent country, Honduras is a murder haven, Sweden has the highest rape incidents in Europe. Different countried have different problems do not try to exaggerate South African ones because of envy. Nigeria has a cultism problem South Africa doesnt.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by IronGalaxy: 1:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
grandstar:

It isn't the best.
Lol. It is. cool

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 1:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Lol. Total BS. How do you quantify different problems from different countries? For example, the US has a gun culture and is a violent country, Honduras is a murder haven, Sweden has the highest rape incidents in Europe. Different countried have different problems do not try to exaggerate South African ones because of envy. Nigeria has a cultism problem South Africa doesnt.

And major terrorism - which SA doesn't have (even minor).

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by grandstar(m): 1:46pm On Nov 16, 2021
IronGalaxy:

No one is exaggerating South Africa's problem. South Africa's per capita income is barely $7,000. It's economic growth rate has been very sluggish for years and power blackouts common.

The high crime is quite pervasive. Two Nigerians out of those brought back to Nigeria through Air Peace were later involved in armed robberies here in Nigeria in two totally separate which lends credence to the South African narrative that African migrants are engaged in violent Crime.

Nigerians who were brought back from Libya were not involved in

SouthAfrica desperately needs economic reform. The ANC is dragging its feet on this has it does not want to hand more economic power to white South Africans.

I have no hatred of South Africa neither am i jealous of it. It's economy is in bad shape and the Rand's present value tells the tale.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by MICHEALADEX(m): 1:48pm On Nov 16, 2021
Earlystar698:
Look how the dullard put hand for back, like the disaster he is. Borrower of future Nigerians

He's till your president till 2023...if you like foam for mouth
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 1:51pm On Nov 16, 2021
grandstar:

It isn't the best.

Who is
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2021
grandstar:

No one is exaggerating South Africa's problem. South Africa's per capita income is barely $7,000. It's economic growth rate has been very sluggish for years and power blackouts common.

Yours ranges between $1,000 and $2,000.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by jaiyeorie: 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
Tomike Adeoye daughter Tomike Baby dedication Trinity House Church

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6UsWs6P5Ik
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by IronGalaxy: 2:06pm On Nov 16, 2021
grandstar:

The high crime is quite pervasive. Two Nigerians out of those brought back to Nigeria through Air Peace were later involved in armed robberies here in Nigeria in two totally separate which lends credence to the South African narrative that African migrants are engaged in violent Crime.

SouthAfrica desperately needs economic reform. The ANC is dragging its feet on this has it does not want to hand more economic power to white South Africans.

I have no hatred of South Africa neither am i jealous of it. It's economy is in bad shape and the Rand's present value tells the tale.
Lol. Your compatriot says Durban is beautiful and you reply by saying ....

" oh they have crime, unemployment, blah blah blah. Can't Durban be beautiful and leave at that?

You know how you sounded like? It's like someone saying "oh that girl gets good marks and you reply by saying "oh she's lucky because she's from a rich family "you reply reeked of bitterness and envy, it was easy to spot.

All these so called problems youve listed...what do they have to do with Durban being beautiful?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by Pootle: 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2021
this our traditional attire that does not foster unity but division will be worn everywhere...kind of embarrassing
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by IronGalaxy: 2:16pm On Nov 16, 2021
TMKsouth:

And major terrorism - which SA doesn't have (even minor).
exactly. He's pointing out South African problems and says they are worse than elsewhere in the world..I mean. LMFAO. All of this because someone said Durban was beautiful. He's triggered.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by idanone(m): 2:36pm On Nov 16, 2021
Blackman101:
Obasanjo, One of the great president Africa has ever produced. well know in Africa( ECOWA,AU) and the United Nation. My worry is that Nigeria are not making the best use of the man.
true
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by winner37(m): 2:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
Others held the reborn with one hand ,he who belongs to a cow family held it with two hands,.A disaster to humanity
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by grandstar(m): 2:56pm On Nov 16, 2021
TMKsouth:

Yours ranges between $1,000 and $2,000.

Yes, it's a lamentable $2,000. However, the person I was replying to was mentioning countries like the US and France with per capita incomes of $45,000 which are miles ahead of South Africa's. That's why his comparisons made no sense.

Please, please, please, I'm not hating on South Africa. I'm just saying things has it is.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 2:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
grandstar:

Yes, it's a lamentable $2,000. However, the person I was replying to was mentioning countries like the US and France with per capita incomes of $45,000 which are miles ahead of South Africa's. That's why his comparisons made no sense.

Please, please, please, I'm not hating on South Africa. I'm just saying things has it is.

Okey dokey cool
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by IronGalaxy: 3:03pm On Nov 16, 2021
grandstar:

That's because per capita incomes were never the crux of my arguments, could have used even Togo p make an example. You are veering from the topic badly.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by LeSudAfricaine: 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2021
IronGalaxy:
I actually get and agree with you 100%. Anything in Africa worthy of praise must be followed by a negative comment..like, yeah SA is nice but this and that". A lot of people regularly do vlogs on the beauty of Paris, Rome,London, etc and the comments are welcoming but as soon someone does the same with Cape Town for example, you'll hear things like 'yeah it's all beautiful but it's got crime and this and that" the same things that exist all over the world and in places like Rio de Janeiro which is ironically a tourist mecca. I get you IG

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by LeSudAfricaine: 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
grandstar:

I'm going through this thread and I'm wondering how did we get to this point where you talking about South African problems or did someone dispute or ask for them? From what Im understanding SA was never compared to the UK or US in the economic sense

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by IronGalaxy: 4:01pm On Nov 16, 2021
LeSudAfricaine:
I actually get and agree with you 100%. Anything in Africa worthy of praise must be followed by a negative comment..like, yeah SA is nice but this and that". A lot of people regularly do vlogs on the beauty of Paris, Rome,London, etc and the comments are welcoming but as soon someone does the same with Cape Town for example, you'll hear things like 'yeah it's all beautiful but it's got crime and this and that" the same things that exist all over the world and in places like Rio de Janeiro which is ironically a tourist mecca. I get you IG
The reason I made examples with the likes of the US, Sweden or the UK had nothing to do with economics. What I was saying was If I say to you I'm moving to Sweden right? or that is Sweden is beautiful right? You wouldn't raise the point that it is Europe's rape mecca you see? If I say to you, tomorrow I'm going to New York, you wouldn't say "be careful of being shot by the police or gangs" since the US has a toxic gun culture and police brutality, you wouldn't say those to me.

BUT, the minute someone says "Durban is beautiful " the first response to that was someone saying "but they have unemployment, they have the crime, they have this they have that" notwithstanding other cities having aforementioned problems plus others. Now I see people pulling stats, talking about our economy our blackouts< I'm also told our problems are much bigger....all these things that aren't important to my argument. people from the west are fond of doing this to put down anything positive outside the west,I just hate it when a black person falls into that trap.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by JaceBlaze: 4:39pm On Nov 16, 2021
grandstar:

It isn't the best.

Show me a country better than South Africa in Africa.Show me a country in Africa that is good enough to host a monumental event like soccer world cup.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by grandstar(m): 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2021
JaceBlaze:

Show me a country better than South Africa in Africa.Show me a country in Africa that is good enough to host a monumental event like soccer world cup.

They aren't big enough but still richer in terms of per capita income - Botswana and Mauritius.

They are also better run

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by JaceBlaze: 6:08pm On Nov 16, 2021
grandstar:

They aren't big enough but still richer in terms of per capita income - Botswana and Mauritius.

They are also better run

Non of those countries have better living standards than South Africa.SA still has the biggest BLACK middle class on the continent.Try agin.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by millionboi(m): 6:46pm On Nov 16, 2021
lifeandjoy:
Obasanjo avoided Buhari by all means grin
obj b like dey ur dey,make I dey my own

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
TMKsouth:

You're here now for more *ss whipping? cool

Says who? You are very inconsequential person
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by okechuks22: 7:58pm On Nov 16, 2021
2 animal hope 2 of them see how country supose to be look at how southern Africa is looking so beautiful

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 9:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
JaceBlaze:

Guys, today we won the rights to host the 2027 Cricket World Cup! cool

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
LeSudAfricaine:

cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2021
IronGalaxy:
The reason I made examples with the likes of the US, Sweden or the UK had nothing to do with economics. What I was saying was If I say to you I'm moving to Sweden right? or that is Sweden is beautiful right? You wouldn't raise the point that it is Europe's rape mecca you see? If I say to you, tomorrow I'm going to New York, you wouldn't say "be careful of being shot by the police or gangs" since the US has a toxic gun culture and police brutality, you wouldn't say those to me.

BUT, the minute someone says "Durban is beautiful " the first response to that was someone saying "but they have unemployment, they have the crime, they have this they have that" notwithstanding other cities having aforementioned problems plus others. Now I see people pulling stats, talking about our economy our blackouts< I'm also told our problems are much bigger....all these things that aren't important to my argument. people from the west are fond of doing this to put down anything positive outside the west,I just hate it when a black person falls into that trap.

They have a PhD in SA envy - "Pull Him Down" syndrome.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo At Trade Fair In South Africa (Pictures) by IronGalaxy: 9:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
TMKsouth:

They have a PhD in SA envy - "Pull Him Down" syndrome.
eish mfethu ya bora die ding shem

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sympathizers Storm The Palace Of The Late Ooni Of Ife (Photos) / ISWAP Terrorists Seize Military Base In Borno / Ibrahim Babangida And Abdulsalami Abubakar In Their Younger Days (Throwback Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.