Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Nigeria To Face Argentina Again - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria To Face Argentina Again (4421 Views)

Rwanda Express Ebola Concerns In Nigeria To Caf / Nigeria Vs Argentina 2011 Friendly: 4 - 1 (Eagles Thump Argies) / Nigeria Vs Argentina: Siasia Plays Down Messi, Tevez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by matoyeh(m): 7:59pm On Jun 07, 2011
Following their clash in Abuja earlier this month, Nigeria are set to play Argentina in another friendly in Bangladesh on 6 September.

The match in Dhaka will take place just two days after Nigeria's African Cup of Nations qualifier in Madagascar.

News of the fixture comes as Fifa is still investigating unusual betting patterns relating to Nigeria's 4-1 win over Argentina in Abuja on 1 June.

The South Americans will take on the Super Eagles after a date with Venezuela in the Indian city of Kolkata on 2 September.

Both matches are designed to boost football on the cricket-mad subcontinent.

On June 1, Argentina fielded an experimental side, with Lionel Messi, Carlos Tevez, Javier Mascherano and Sergio Aguero all absent.

But the Nigeria Football Federation's official match agent, Eurodata Sport Marketing, said all the big stars are expected to be in action in Dhaka.

"It's been agreed that Lionel Messi and other big names will be in the Argentina team for this game," Jairo Pachon of Eurodata told BBC Sport.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/13686640.stm
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by matoyeh(m): 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2011
grin another wahala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by snowdrops(m): 9:26pm On Jun 07, 2011
match would have been better played in europe.
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by semid4lyfe(m): 10:12pm On Jun 07, 2011
snowdrops:

match would have been better played in europe.

Lol. . .as if I knew this was gonna happen and I also think this match would have been better played in Europe since majority of the players that will be fielded by both teams are Europe-based.

My only worry is the timing. Just 2 days after our match with Madagascar is a very tight schedule and that means the team must leave for Dhaka, Bangledesh immediately after the match on a chartered plane to be able to arrive there at least a day to the match keeping in mind that Asia is very far off from Africa.
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by matoyeh(m): 12:58am On Jun 08, 2011
grin am scared! I ar sure the match wl nt turn to World cup? embarassed i am scared!
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by azeeza(f): 10:11am On Jun 08, 2011
Cant they settle for another date?why two days after the nation cup qualifier,when we know we are in a tight corner.i bet it's going to be a disaster when we meet again. sad
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by snowdrops(m): 10:29am On Jun 08, 2011
@ semid4lyfe

exactly. i guess it all boils down to money at the end of the day. i am sure some persons and/or organisations stand to gain a lot from this match. i wonder whether they consulted the players before arranging it.
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by cmon(m): 12:42pm On Jun 08, 2011
Now with Lionel Messi, Carlos Tevez, Javier Mascherano and Sergio Aguero shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

There's bound to be something different about the match scores grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by naso2(m): 12:47pm On Jun 08, 2011
abeg let them move the match to europe jo. which kind useless bangladesh be that?

We should be very careful with this friendly. now we have defeated them( even if na team k dem use), hence they want to emphatically erase that with a massive win against us.

we must not play if we are not in the best shape.
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by 190: 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2011
WE ARE IN SOUP

WE BETTER TELL THEM WE ARENT INTERESTED IN PLAYING THEM AGAIN

MAKE WE KNOW SAY NA WE LAST WIN THEM

NA WHO LAST NACK PERSON DEY WIN OO
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by JUO(m): 1:07pm On Jun 08, 2011
interesting
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 08, 2011
Halleluiah! Just what i wanted! Time to move a couple of places up the FIFA rankings smiley
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by newmusic: 1:11pm On Jun 08, 2011
This is part of Argentina Asia Tour. The date have been chosen even before our last match with Argentina. So this is not a new development, I read somewhere on eurosport about a month ago, was also surprise why we are playing them 2ce in a yr. The match will be tight though,but goodluck to both teams.
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by hollandis(f): 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2011
Abeg we are not interested.They should be patient until next time mayb during world cup.We have beaten almighty argentina ,currenty 4th in fifa ranking by 4goals to 1.We aint interested jare.Dem wan erase dat deficit ,e no go work.Winner e e e,winner,winner e e e o,winner,naija we son win o,winner ,pata pata ,we go win 4ever o,winner
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by uploader(m): 1:19pm On Jun 08, 2011
this is highly problematic, Messi won't show mercy oooooo
make we tactfully reject am abeg. we no need another huge lose o
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by Olaisrich(m): 1:43pm On Jun 08, 2011
this is highly problematic, Messi won't show mercy oooooo
make we tactfully reject am abeg. we no need another huge lose o

If we are sure that we can beat them with there full squard,why must we be afraid
of meetin them again? cry
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by 190: 1:51pm On Jun 08, 2011
hollandis:

Abeg we are not interested.They should be patient until next time mayb during world cup.We have beaten almighty argentina ,currenty 4th in fifa ranking by 4goals to 1.We aint interested jare.Dem wan erase dat deficit ,e no go work.Winner e e e,winner,winner e e e o,winner,naija we son win o,winner ,pata pata ,we go win 4ever o,winner

shaking my head undecided
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 08, 2011
^^^lol ;d
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by Gbenge77(m): 2:43pm On Jun 08, 2011
Why should we play them twice in a space of months?Arent there other big football powerhouses?Mtcheew
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by Enouwem(m): 3:11pm On Jun 08, 2011
LOLZ, UNA DON DIEEE,
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by JAZES(m): 3:17pm On Jun 08, 2011
The whole idea doesnt make sense to me at all
cos is more like a revenge match,btw why must it
be two days after a very tasking match.
Abeg make dem review the date jor, else na
wahala for eagles oooo
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by Aboluwarin: 4:08pm On Jun 08, 2011
Nothing to fear we can do it againg,every challenges opening door for promotion,only let the date be change.
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by pereze: 4:36pm On Jun 08, 2011
our football administrators are just a pathetic case. What's the match for? Why cant we tell them NO or they can at least wait till world cup/Olympics pitch us together.
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by tempest01(m): 4:40pm On Jun 08, 2011
190:

WE ARE IN SOUP

WE BETTER TELL THEM WE ARENT INTERESTED IN PLAYING THEM AGAIN

MAKE WE KNOW SAY NA WE LAST WIN THEM

NA WHO LAST NACK PERSON DEY WIN OO

LOL
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by doublekay: 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2011
y two days after a very important match, this was exactly wat got us almost beathen in ethiopia the se should say no to d timin or else they should no that they are servin there ass to be whoped
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 08, 2011
Chai! defeat no good o, see as Argentina wan play with us again. The defeated are here again to collect back their title from the world wrestling, sorry futboll champion  SUPERRRRRRRR EAGLESSSSSSSSSS  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
But wait a minute, why would they fix the match 2days after playing with Madagascar? The players would have been tired after flying to Bangledesh from Madagascar. I beg, i smell a rat, many rats, this is match fixing! 
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by Emmysteve(m): 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2011
Chai! See level Argentina dey rub shoulder with us. Any way, we don pass their level. We be their superior in football. We no gree, the wim wey we win them 4-1 is ok 4 us. No rematch. Winer na winner.
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by Roland17(m): 6:55pm On Jun 08, 2011
[/quoteWe no gree, the wim wey we win them 4-1 is ok 4 us. No rematch. Winer na winner.] reminds me of my childhood.
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by Roland17(m): 6:55pm On Jun 08, 2011
[/quoteWe no gree, the wim wey we win them 4-1 is ok 4 us. No rematch. Winer na winner.]
reminds me of my childhood.
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by FlyboyZee: 7:03pm On Jun 08, 2011
Siasia don teach their Coach lessons, This tym I sure say Im go bring Messi - D Messiless, Aguero, D'Maria, Javier Mascherano, Carlos Tervez, etc, etc, etc.
Dem wan take style come for revenge mission, but we go still deal with them as b4.
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by Rastamann: 7:07pm On Jun 08, 2011
No wahala, we go beat them again. they will be under pressure and Nigeria will be over pressure.
Re: Nigeria To Face Argentina Again by NnaNna4(m): 7:52pm On Jun 08, 2011
how at the mighty fallen.

believe me we will beat them again.

because brazil came to abuja and beat us 3-0, fifa xpected something similar but yawa gas for their head.

messi or no mercy , this emphatic win will affect their courage in the next match.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Now King Henry Of Arsenal Is Back, Will He Retain His Highest Goalscoring Crown? / Mixed Martial Arts UFC 145 Result Jon Jones Vs Rashad Evans Pictures / Photos: See How Women Are Being Searched Before Entering A Stadium In Uganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.