Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy (38806 Views)

Photo Of Susan Oleghe, The Lady Electrocuted At Obi Cubana's Club In Abuja / Pictures Of Obi Cubana's Hotels And Clubs / Iyiegbu Obi Cubana's Compound, House In Anambra - PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Vixlot: 9:55am On Nov 16, 2021
A lady, identified simply as Susan, has been electrocuted at the Hustle and Bustle club in the Aminu Kano Crescent area of Wuse, Abuja. Hustle and Bustle is a club and restaurant co-owned by a popular socialite, Obi Cubana.

It was gathered that the victim, who went to the club on Saturday, was allegedly electrocuted by a metal on the floor of the clubhouse.

The victim brother’s friend, who narrated the incident on his Twitter page @KhalidOshoke, accused the management of the club of not accompanying Susan to the hospital or reporting the incident to the police.

He tweeted, “My friend called me to tell me that his sister died at Hustle and Bustle early this morning. I quickly drove to the premises and I met my friend, friends of the deceased and employees of the Hustle and Bustle at the venue.

“My friend and his people have been at Hustle and Bustle since morning demanding CCTV footage so at least we can know the events that led to her demise. The most astonishing aspect of all this is the fact that the employees keep saying that the manager is the only one with access to the footage and the manager is sleeping.

“My friend’s sister died on the premises and the manager is sleeping; we are still here waiting for him to wake up from his beauty sleep.”

The Twitter user, who later tweeted that the family had been given access to the CCTV footage, noted that the matter had been reported to the police.

“Manager is finally here and we’ve seen the footage and she was obviously electrocuted by one of the metals on the floor.

“We’re all gathered at the police station and the management of Hustle and Bustle sent their facility manager to represent them. Not only did they not report the case, they didn’t accompany the deceased who died on their premises to the hospital. It took the manager seven hours to respond,” he wrote.

Following the post, Nigerians urged the victim’s family to sue the club and called on the government to close the facility.

An Instagram user, @kienidarling, while reacting on Instablog9ja, faulted the club management for not keeping the facility safe for the public.

Another user, @gatsegwasi, said, “What sort of negligence and I don’t care attitude is this? Management has to face the law. This is really heartbreaking.”

An Instagram user, @abiodundabiri, said, “Clearly, she died from the negligent behaviour of their staff which resulted in electrocution. They have a responsibility to protect the life and property of all those who visit their establishment.”

However, the management of the club, in a statement posted on its Instagram page on Monday, announced the closure of the facility till further notice.

The statement read in part, “We’re closed till further notice. This is due to the loss of our esteemed client. We are deeply saddened by this situation and need time to heal from it.

“Our prayers are with the families of the lost soul; may her soul rest in peace. We sympathise with the family on this unbearable loss.”

The FCT police spokesperson, DSP Josephine Adeh, said investigation was ongoing, adding that the police would conduct an autopsy on the corpse.

She said, “The case was reported to the police. This is a case of sudden and unnatural death, which investigation is going on. We are going to carry out an autopsy to determine the cause of death. I cannot tell you the cause of the death now until the investigation and autopsy are completed.”

https://punchng.com/metal-electrocutes-lady-in-obi-cubanas-club-police-order-autopsy/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Nilx: 9:56am On Nov 16, 2021
Well I don’t have anything to say but why do religious people often comfortably deceive themselves?

11 Likes

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by salesbloo: 9:57am On Nov 16, 2021
When you get to your wits end, you will find, God lives there.

RIP to the Dead. Safety First in Workplace

25 Likes

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by kinzation(m): 10:00am On Nov 16, 2021
Obi Cubana should be held liable for Negligence undecided undecided

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Klington: 10:02am On Nov 16, 2021
Unfortunate incident.

She was probably at the wrong place at the wrong time.

RIP to her.

59 Likes

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Optimistguy1969: 10:03am On Nov 16, 2021
She died in a night club. What will she tell God?

"Obi Cubana, you be big name" will certainly not save her if she is unholy.

Abeg try make peace with your maker today o.
Nobody knows when death will come knocking.

SmartGadgetz:
Public wealth show always backfires and make one a quick target.

And Floyd Mayweather?

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by victorphelpz: 10:03am On Nov 16, 2021
oh lord!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Coronavirus123: 10:03am On Nov 16, 2021
cry

1 Like

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by cutecommend: 10:03am On Nov 16, 2021
I will advise Obi Cubans to withdraw attention from the public for now.

95 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Sergio101(m): 10:03am On Nov 16, 2021
kinzation:

He should have made sure things that expose his potential client's to risk should be avoided.

But he has someone managing the club for him.
Point finger correctly Mr Man

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by EjaikreTheViper(f): 10:03am On Nov 16, 2021
When olosho die, toto go rest

31 Likes

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by fourboys: 10:03am On Nov 16, 2021
Rip to the girl.... Obi Cubans did the right thing closing the hotel till investigations are completed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by freshkpomo(m): 10:04am On Nov 16, 2021
Na WA o
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Baawaa(m): 10:04am On Nov 16, 2021
May the soul of the deceased rest in peace
May God deliver obi cubana from this

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by updatechange(m): 10:04am On Nov 16, 2021
Hmmm, this thing don dey take another turn now angry

Observing...

The truth is most Nigerian public places and outlets are not that safe, it's you that will open your eyes to prevent any unforeseen circumstances.
The same way a man died in a club premises while resting his back on the standing glass.

RIP to the dead.

4 Likes

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Jackson105: 10:04am On Nov 16, 2021
A
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by aribisala0(m): 10:04am On Nov 16, 2021
kinzation:
Based on?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Aufbauh(m): 10:04am On Nov 16, 2021
cheesy
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by SmartGadgetz: 10:05am On Nov 16, 2021

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Emyogalanya: 10:05am On Nov 16, 2021
From now on its only bad news you will hear about this man til this wicked government finish his money. The only unknown crime he committed is to bury his mum with pomp and affluence. And refusal to lend money to Buhari from the proceeds. What a government. There was a government. Tufiakwa

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by hollah123: 10:05am On Nov 16, 2021
kinzation:
u should b held liable for loose talk

So u expect him to b everywhere at d same time?
Do u even care to know if there are staffs there n manager?

Though I am not trying to defend the guy ooo but I don't think it's his fault n besides irrespective of if his money is clean or not the obi cubana guy needs to calm down cos his case keeps reminding me of 50 cents "many men.........u know d rest

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by sematec(m): 10:05am On Nov 16, 2021
g
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Righteousness2(m): 10:05am On Nov 16, 2021
Nilx:
Well I don’t have anything to say but why do religious people often comfortably deceive themselves?

Leave religion and Submit to the LORDSHIP of JESUS Christ.
This is the Needful.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Themandator: 10:05am On Nov 16, 2021
Negligence

They need to find out when the metal became wired... Has there been previous reported incident that was neglected?

3 Likes

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Sirmuel1(m): 10:05am On Nov 16, 2021
God have mercy. Wetin she go tell God?

1 Like

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by kinzation(m): 10:05am On Nov 16, 2021
aribisala0:
Based on?

He should have made sure things that expose his potential client's to risk should be avoided.

3 Likes

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Sonnobax15(m): 10:05am On Nov 16, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by EjaikreTheViper(f): 10:06am On Nov 16, 2021
kinzation:

SHUT UP!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 10:06am On Nov 16, 2021
kinzation:
Who Is this one now
Shey obi Cubana dey live inside d club ni

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Optimistguy1969: 10:06am On Nov 16, 2021
SmartGadgetz:

And Floyd Mayweather?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by kinzation(m): 10:06am On Nov 16, 2021
Righteousness2:

Leave religion and Submit to the LORDSHIP of JESUS Christ.
This is the Needful.
Pastor Righteousness please pray for me
Re: Metal Electrocutes Lady In Obi Cubana’s Club, Police Order Autopsy by Greenlight123: 10:06am On Nov 16, 2021
Nawaoo trouble everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GTBank Is Opening Unsolicited Bank Accounts For Unsuspecting Customers Unawares / Naira Fall: CBN Blames Nigerians Travelling To UK, US, Others For Schooling / How Can I Make Money With Liberty Reserve?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.