Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,142 members, 7,807,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

My Mum Lost Money In Her Account Yesterday- Is Nigeria's Bank System Compromised - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Mum Lost Money In Her Account Yesterday- Is Nigeria's Bank System Compromised (312 Views)

Woman Creates A Scene In A Bank After N600k In Her Account Disappeared (Video) / Ever Lost Money Trading? This Information Will Make You Extremely Wealthy / South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Lost Money In Her Account Yesterday- Is Nigeria's Bank System Compromised by Proxyhandsome: 11:55am On Nov 16, 2021
Yesterday evening, November 15, I tried to purchase a card from my Uba account and it was unsuccessful. I retried again for the second time and it was successful.

After a few minutes, I continue to receive MTN Card 100 recharge credit up to 7 times.

This is not from me. I wonder who is crediting my account with 100 every minute. 

I logged into my bank app and I realized it wasn't coming from my bank account.

So.. I am wondering who is crediting my account with a 100 card every minute.

Everything accumulated to 700 naira. 

So, back to this morning.

My mum called me to inform me that she had been receiving a debit alert from her first bank account.

The scammer has removed more than 10,000 via transfer and card purchase.
She had to quickly move her remaining money to another account. 
The question is this:
The100 credits I have been receiving Could it be from a random scammer using my line as a cover?

My mum's first bank account was debited, and she does not have an ATM card.... The transaction shows USD QS894 followed by her number and the amount.

How did the scammer have access to her fund?

She lost more than 10,000.

Is first bank account compromised or her SIM card compromised?

Did anyone notice this yesterday?
Re: My Mum Lost Money In Her Account Yesterday- Is Nigeria's Bank System Compromised by shawante(m): 12:00pm On Nov 16, 2021
Scammers are devising new means to scam people on daily basis.. Those niggas no dey sleep for night. Na God go help us for this country
Re: My Mum Lost Money In Her Account Yesterday- Is Nigeria's Bank System Compromised by FahBuLous: 12:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
Maybe I will be saving my hard earned money in my house...
I go just get one fine iron piggybank save my money...
I'm getting scared of all this bank shiit...
Re: My Mum Lost Money In Her Account Yesterday- Is Nigeria's Bank System Compromised by HelloWriter: 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2021
This should hit fp Lalasticlala. Every kind of security is getting compromised in Nigeria. Now, it seems that our money in Nigerian banks are threatened too. Self-help is now the way in Nigeria.
Re: My Mum Lost Money In Her Account Yesterday- Is Nigeria's Bank System Compromised by Henix(m): 12:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
Are u sure she didn't disclose her account details to fraudsters
Re: My Mum Lost Money In Her Account Yesterday- Is Nigeria's Bank System Compromised by SavageResponse(m): 2:27pm On Nov 16, 2021
I'm sue your mother was somehow tricked into disclosing her account details
Re: My Mum Lost Money In Her Account Yesterday- Is Nigeria's Bank System Compromised by Skillsnigeria: 2:35pm On Nov 16, 2021
Hmmm, it is well with my soul smiley

(1) (Reply)

Pdf Copy Of 'top 500 Business Ideas' Is Now Available For All Entrepreneurs / Earn $100-$200 Per Conversion In Cpa Affiliate Marketing. / Using Supernatural Means To Achieve Business Goals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.