Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Am I Really Called? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am I Really Called? (1667 Views)

I Want Everyone To Know That I Really Hate The Anti-christ / Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. / Not Paying Your Tithe As A Christian? I Really Pity You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Really Called? by Dyke15(m): 9:51pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ayo081:
Friend, only you know what you experienced and I don't see any reason for this post. undecided

It's also surprising that you had to experience this on that very da and not years, months or days before. : undecided

But to discern, the Jesus Christ I know /read about wouldn't drag you or make you perform those forcefully. undecided

Rather, He will show you His glory and that of heaven, He will comfort you and give you enough reasons to follow him undecided

Not to negate what you experienced tho, but only you experienced it.
Bro I wouldn't ve made the post if that write up wasn't there
Re: Am I Really Called? by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
TenQ:
A Priest is a REPRESENTATIVE of a Deity or Personality
In this case a Priest of Christ is a Representative of Christ.

If your life Represents Christ to the World, you are His Priest to the World

1 Pt 2:9
9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, to proclaim the virtues of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.
We are called as followers of Jesus Christ, Fishers of men, not as His representatives. We are instructed by Jesus Christ to do as He says, not mimick Him in anyway - John 15 vs 14 - , as servants would. undecided

Peter's statement there is Peter's statement, but it in no way changes the fact that Jesus Christ never called us as Priests nor as Pastors/Shepherds, Pope's, GOs etc. undecided
Re: Am I Really Called? by Ynix(m): 10:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There is no such thing as a "calling", not when the call from God went out To All of mankind - John 3 vs 16 undecided

Also, there is no such thing as being a preacher when, again, All those who follow God are sent out as teachers of the Gospel to those in the World. undecided
You are confused man, why would you stress yourself reading a comment out of context.
All of the two scriptures you quoted and connected to your perspective do not in any way synchronize, don't overthink things the Holy Scriptures are very easy to comprehend
Re: Am I Really Called? by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ynix:

You are confused man, why would you stress yourself reading a comment out of context.
All of the two scriptures you quoted and connected to your perspective do not in any way synchronize, don't overthink things the Holy Scriptures are very easy to comprehend
Are you certain I am the confused one here? undecided

Again, There is no such thing as a "calling", not when the call from God went out To All of mankind - John 3 vs 16 undecided

Also, there is no such thing as being a preacher when, again, All those who follow God are sent out as teachers of the Gospel to those in the World. undecided

If you don't understand what this implies, ask and I will explain. undecided
Re: Am I Really Called? by TenQ: 10:52pm On Nov 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
We are called as followers of Jesus Christ, Fishers of men, not as His representatives. We are instructed by Jesus Christ to do as He says, not mimick Him in anyway - John 15 vs 14 - , as servants would. undecided

Peter's statement there is Peter's statement, but it in no way changes the fact that Jesus Christ never called us as Priests nor as Pastors/Shepherds, Pope's, GOs etc. undecided
If you like, represent yourself or your church, I don't care.
I will do my best to represent Christ as faithfully as I can to the World.
WHY?
I am the Salt of the Earth
I am the Light of the World

Maybe you care to know that Jesus is the LIGHT

A city set upon the hill cannot be hidden

John 8:12
Jesus applies the title to himself while debating with the Jews and states: I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. ... When I am in the world, I am the Light of the World.
Re: Am I Really Called? by Ynix(m): 10:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Are you certain I am the confused one here? undecided

Again, There is no such thing as a "calling", not when the call from God went out To All of mankind - John 3 vs 16 undecided

If you don't understand what this implies, ask and I will explain. undecided
Are you sure you read your Holy Bible well.
Scriptures says in the presence of two or three witnesses a matter is established. I will give you 1 for now and see whether you will disagree or misconstrue it.

Now there were in the church at Antioch prophets and teachers, Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen a member of the court of Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Then after fasting and praying they laid their hands on them and sent them off. So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus. When they arrived at Salamis, they proclaimed the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews. And they had John to assist them. ...Acts 13:1-52

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Really Called? by Kobojunkie: 10:59pm On Nov 16, 2021
TenQ:

WHY?

Jesus applies the title to himself while debating with the Jews and states: I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. ... When I am in the world, I am the Light of the World.
Jesus Christ never sent anyone out to represent anything for any of your churches. He no even send anyone go dey attend church to begin with. undecided

You are the Light of the World, or the Light of the World, Jesus Christ, is meant to shine through you? undecided

Anyways, Jesus Christ applied many titles to Himself - Teacher, Shepherd, Master, Authority, Guide, Counselor, Helper etc., - but He also made it clear to His followers that He alone occupied said roles in His Kingdom - none of His followers were to attempt to occupy the same roles over the lives of others. undecided
Re: Am I Really Called? by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ynix:

Are you sure you read your Holy Bible well.
Scriptures says in the presence of two or three witnesses a matter is established. I will give you 1 for now and see whether you will disagree or misconstrue it.

Now there were in the church at Antioch prophets and teachers, Barnabas, Simeon who was called Niger, Lucius of Cyrene, Manaen a member of the court of Herod the tetrarch, and Saul. While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” Then after fasting and praying they laid their hands on them and sent them off. So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia, and from there they sailed to Cyprus. When they arrived at Salamis, they proclaimed the word of God in the synagogues of the Jews. And they had John to assist them. ...Acts 13:1-52
Again, pay attention and not jumping all over the place as if attempting to play wack-a-mole or something...There is no such thing as a "calling", not when the call from God went out To All of mankind - John 3 vs 16 undecided

Here's a hint: When a condition applies to every element in a given universe, it becomes nonsensical to regard that condition as if special. undecided
Re: Am I Really Called? by Ynix(m): 11:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, pay attention and not jumping all over the place as if attempting to play wack-a-mole or something...There is no such thing as a "calling", not when the call from God went out To All of mankind - John 3 vs 16 undecided

Here's a hint: When a condition applies to every element in a given universe, it becomes nonsensical to regard that condition as if special. undecided

I said it you are be clouded with the little you know. Okay there is nothing like Preacher right so why did Paul refer himself as a preacher in 2nd Timothy 1:11 thank God all versions have same rendition of the verse

Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. 2 Timothy 1:11

Give a rebuttal about this again and I will bring up another one
Re: Am I Really Called? by Ynix(m): 11:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never sent anyone out to represent anything for any of your churches. He no even send anyone go dey attend church to begin with. undecided

You are the Light of the World, or the Light of the World, Jesus Christ, is meant to shine through you? undecided

Anyways, Jesus Christ applied many titles to Himself - Teacher, Shepherd, Master, Authority, Guide, Counselor, Helper etc., - but He also made it clear to His followers that He alone occupied said roles in His Kingdom - none of His followers were to attempt to occupy the same roles over the lives of others. undecided
You are confused, man. You are reading your Bible out of context and it is obvious that you are not well equipped with the meats of the gospel
Re: Am I Really Called? by Kobojunkie: 11:21pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ynix:

You are confused, man. You are reading your Bible out of context and it is obvious that you are not well equipped with the meats of the gospel
Again,Jesus Christ never sent anyone out to represent anything for any of your churches. He no even send anyone go dey attend church to begin with. undecided

Re: Am I Really Called? by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ynix:
I said it you are be clouded with the little you know. Okay there is nothing like Preacher right so why did Paul refer himself as a preacher in 2nd Timothy 1:11 thank God all versions have same rendition of the verse

Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. 2 Timothy 1:11

Give a rebuttal about this again and I will bring up another one
Comprehension is, am afraid , still your biggest issue still. undecided

There is no such thing as a "calling", not when the call from God went out To All of mankind - John 3 vs 16 undecided

Re: Am I Really Called? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:30pm On Nov 16, 2021
Dyke15:
Bro I know alot of u ve one thing or the other to say about the Catholic Church but believe me, we don't ve to delve into that debate
I really need answers

I have given you my own position as per your topic. God has no need for preists since He Has Left the church.
Re: Am I Really Called? by Ynix(m): 11:31pm On Nov 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Comprehension is, am afraid , still your biggest issue still. undecided

Why are you always copying and pasting I was expecting you to make rebuttals.
You lack of understanding of the scriptures, the doctrines of Christ and his strategy for times and seasons make you be clouded with linear sentiments. I wish you can open your mind and go back to reading the Holy Scriptures again, not focusing alone on linear concepts without providing other witnesses fr scriptures.
Many of you just raise sentiments out of the little study you have made which often do not have linked evidences.
Meanwhile when Paul referred to the church in the desert under Moses he must have been wrong based on your analysis.
Or let us talk about the part of Act by brother luke talking about how thousands were added to the Church, or Peters letter to the saints in Babylon (1 Peter 5:13)
You seem to have short sited study of the scriptures.
Re: Am I Really Called? by Ynix(m): 11:33pm On Nov 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I have given you my own position as per your topic. God has no need for preists since He Has Left the church.
That is not true bro, God still need priests may be you meant Catholic Priests are not necessarily needed by God. But I believe with the understanding of how bad things are God yet permits something to exist so as to win souls among those who still stick to the Roman catholicism.
Re: Am I Really Called? by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ynix:

Why are you always copying and pasting I was expecting you to make rebuttals.
You lack of understanding of the scriptures, the doctrines of Christ and his strategy for times and seasons make you be clouded with linear sentiments. I wish you can open your mind and go back to reading the Holy Scriptures again, not focusing alone on linear concepts without providing other witnesses fr scriptures.
Many of you just raise sentiments out of the little study you have made which often do not have linked evidences.
Meanwhile when Paul referred to the church in the desert under Moses he must have been wrong based on your analysis.
Or let us talk about the part of Act by brother look talking about how thousands were added to the Church, or Peters letter to the saints in Babylon (1 Peter 5:13)
You seem to have short sited study of the scriptures.
The reason I keep copy pasting my response is because you keep traveling off on a tangent instead of addressing that contained in the comment you pretend to respond to. undecided

Jesus Christ is the one who commands His followers, not Paul or Peter or even David. And according to Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments which we are all called to live by...

....There is no such thing as a "calling", not when the call from God went out To All of mankind - John 3 vs 16 undecided

If you instead believe Jesus Christ a liar, then state this and move on. undecided
Re: Am I Really Called? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:41pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ynix:

That is not true bro, God still need priests may be you meant Catholic Priests are not necessarily needed by God. But I believe with the understanding of how bad things are God yet permits something to exist so as to win souls among those who still stick to the Roman catholicism.

Say The Truth, it is you who thinks you need them priests and pastors NOT GOD!

It is not for nothing He Said "it is Finished"

As you see, everything is Finished or Finishing!

So certainly, Church has Finished also and with or without church, Anyone who wants to follow God can and will Follow Him, by themselves.
Re: Am I Really Called? by Ynix(m): 11:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The reason I keep copy pasting my response is because you keep traveling off on a tangent instead of addressing that contained in the comment you pretend to respond to. undecided

Jesus Christ is the one who commands His followers, not Paul or Peter or even David. And according to Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments which we are all called to live by...

....There is no such thing as a "calling", not when the call from God went out To All of mankind - John 3 vs 16 undecided

If you instead believe Jesus Christ a liar, then state this and move on. undecided
That means you don't understand the Scriptures then because the passages you are referring to are not written directly by Jesus Christ himself. John wrote John 3:16 and he himself wrote letters to Churches popular among them was the 3rd John. Not to talk of the letters to the 7 churches in Asia in the book of Revelation.
Take note that the Holy Bible said All Scriptures are given for the purpose of doctrine, corrections, reproofs (2 Timothy 3:16) so I wonder where you got the idea of misconstruing Paul and other Apostles from Jesus Christ, when they are his representatives and missionaries.
I have pointed a scripture to you where Paul called himself a preacher or priest, now I will give you others.
Romans 15:15-16
But I have written very boldly to you on some points so as to remind you again, because of the grace that was given me from God, to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles, ministering as a priest the gospel of God, so that my offering of the Gentiles may become acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Mark 3:14-15
And He appointed twelve, so that they would be with Him and that He could send them out to preach, and to have authority to cast out the demons.

What actually does it mean to Preach or be a Preacher

Luke 9:1-2
And He called the twelve together, and gave them power and authority over all the demons and to heal diseases. And He sent them out to proclaim (preach) the kingdom of God and to perform healing.

Yes it is the duty of all Christian to preach to all humans

Acts 8:4

Therefore, those who had been scattered went about preaching the word

Acts 15:35

But Paul and Barnabas stayed in Antioch, teaching and preaching with many others also, the word of the Lord.

Paul was personally sent by Christ Jesus to Preach the gospel

1 Corinthians 1:17-18
For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not in cleverness of speech, so that the cross of Christ would not be made void. For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing.

It is by preaching that salvation comes to the lost

Romans 10:14-15
How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who publish (preach) the gospel of salvation
Re: Am I Really Called? by Ynix(m): 12:02am On Nov 17, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Say The Truth, it is you who thinks you need them priests and pastors NOT GOD!

It is not for nothing He Said "it is Finished"

As you see, everything is Finished or Finishing!

So certainly, Church has Finished also and with or without church, Anyone who wants to follow God can and will Follow Him, by themselves.
That is a big lie from hell
Re: Am I Really Called? by Kobojunkie: 12:03am On Nov 17, 2021
Ynix:

That means you don't understand the Scriptures then because the passages you are referring to are not written directly by Jesus Christ himself. John wrote John 3:16 and he himself wrote letters to Churches popular among them was the 3rd John. Not to talk of the letters to the 7 churches in Asia in the book of Revelation.
Take note that the Holy Bible said All Scriptures are given for the purpose of doctrine, corrections, reproofs (2 Timothy 3:16) so I wonder where you got the idea of misconstruing Paul and other Apostles from Jesus Christ, when they are his representatives and missionaries.
I have pointed a scripture to you where Paul called himself a preacher or priest, now I will give you others.
Romans 15:15-16
But I have written very boldly to you on some points so as to remind you again, because of the grace that was given me from God, to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles, ministering as a priest the gospel of God, so that my offering of the Gentiles may become acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Mark 3:14-15
And He appointed twelve, so that they would be with Him and that He could send them out to preach, and to have authority to cast out the demons.

What actually does it mean to Preach or be a Preacher

Luke 9:1-2
And He called the twelve together, and gave them power and authority over all the demons and to heal diseases. And He sent them out to proclaim (preach) the kingdom of God and to perform healing.

Yes it is the duty of all Christian to preach to all humans

Acts 8:4

Therefore, those who had been scattered went about preaching the word

Acts 15:35

But Paul and Barnabas stayed in Antioch, teaching and preaching with many others also, the word of the Lord.

Paul was personally sent by Christ Jesus to Preach the gospel

1 Corinthians 1:17-18
For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not in cleverness of speech, so that the cross of Christ would not be made void. For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing.

It is by preaching that salvation comes to the lost

Romans 10:14-15
How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who publish (preach) the gospel of salvation

See, and off again you go without first comprehending what is being said to you.... undecided

Jesus Christ is the one who commands His followers, not Paul or Peter or even David. And according to Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments which we are all called to live by... Is this a lie ?

....There is no such thing as a "calling", not when the call from God went out To All of mankind - John 3 vs 16 - is this a lie?

Also, there is no such thing as being a preacher when, again, All those who follow God are sent out as teachers of the Gospel to those in the World. ... is this a lie ?

Re: Am I Really Called? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:50am On Nov 17, 2021
Ynix:

That is a big lie from hell
I understand,

"The first reaction to The Truth is Hatred and Denial" Tertullian
Re: Am I Really Called? by Truvelisback(m): 7:54am On Nov 17, 2021
TenQ:

WHY?

Kobojunkie, what does 2corithians 5:20 says abt what u are blindly argueing abt?

Re: Am I Really Called? by TenQ: 8:10am On Nov 17, 2021
Truvelisback:
Kobojunkie, what does 2corithians 5:20 says abt what u are blindly argueing abt?
Kobojunkie's new testament ends at John

1 Like

Re: Am I Really Called? by TenQ: 8:14am On Nov 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:

If your like as I've said, represent YOURSELF or Your Church to the World.

As for me, I represent Christ to the World by letting His light, His Words and His will operate through me!
Re: Am I Really Called? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:19am On Nov 17, 2021
TenQ:

grin

1 Like

Re: Am I Really Called? by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:20am On Nov 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where do you folks get these things from? Don't you even see how what you claim is antiChrist in every single way? undecided
what you don't know is bigger than you I swear down,I use to be worst than you before, till my eyes saw my ears

1 Like

Re: Am I Really Called? by Kobojunkie: 11:27am On Nov 17, 2021
TenQ:

If your like as I've said, represent YOURSELF or Your Church to the World.

As for me, I represent Christ to the World by letting His light, His Words and His will operate through me!
The only one who represents Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit in those who are Holy/Perfect. We are vessels, servants for Him and our works judged by Him that is why Jesus Christ Himself never once taught us that we are to represent Him as you assume. undecided

If you claim you represent Christ to the world by letting His light shine through you but it turns out the light you claim is nothing but the same darkness that prevails in all other man in the world, how much of a representation do you serve of Jesus Christ there? NONE! undecided

These things are not by mouth or claim or confession as your Pastors and Priests have taught you to believe. There is wisdom to the Truth of Jesus Christ- His teachings and commandments that many of you conveniently gloss over so you can continue to believe as you choose. undecided
Re: Am I Really Called? by Kobojunkie: 11:28am On Nov 17, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
what you don't know is bigger than you I swear down,I use to be worst than you before, till my eyes saw my ears
I am sorry what you claim there is not even of God so does it matter at all? undecided
Re: Am I Really Called? by Kobojunkie: 11:32am On Nov 17, 2021
TenQ:

Jesus Christ announced, "it is finished" on the cross.. what do you think He meant by that? undecided

In Deuteronomy 30, after many decades of writing down what is the Old Covenant in what is today called Book of the Law of Moses, Moses made a similar declaration to the People of Israel, regarding God's Law and agreement to them. What do you think that meant? undecided

Much like the Old Covenant/Testament Law of Moses, God's Law, Jesus Christ is final authority, and in His teachings and commandments are defined the terms and conditions of the relationship between God and individual men. No one can add or remove from any of God's Laws- No human being has that authority. Anyone who attempts to sins against God. undecided
Re: Am I Really Called? by Ynix(m): 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
See, and off again you go without first comprehending what is being said to you.... undecided

Jesus Christ is the one who commands His followers, not Paul or Peter or even David. And according to Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments which we are all called to live by... Is this a lie ?

....There is no such thing as a "calling", not when the call from God went out To All of mankind - John 3 vs 16 - is this a lie?

Also, there is no such thing as being a preacher when, again, All those who follow God are sent out as teachers of the Gospel to those in the World. ... is this a lie ?

Then that means you lack the understanding of the administrative Government of Christ, you keep repeating the same deception. There are those who are not teachers, and there are those who are not Preachers among us all.
Go and read your Bible back to back again,
God has the principle of order and no confusion, if you say that all of us are teachers and preachers then it means you are reading another bible but as it is you really need an open mind concerning the Holy scriptures
Re: Am I Really Called? by TenQ: 1:22pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ announced, "it is finished" on the cross.. what do you think He meant by that? undecided

In Deuteronomy 30, after many decades of writing down what is the Old Covenant in what is today called Book of the Law of Moses, Moses made a similar declaration to the People of Israel, regarding God's Law and agreement to them. What do you think that meant? undecided

Much like the Old Covenant/Testament Law of Moses, God's Law, Jesus Christ is final authority, and in His teachings and commandments are defined the terms and conditions of the relationship between God and individual men. No one can add or remove from any of God's Laws- No human being has that authority. Anyone who attempts to sins against God. undecided
I am not arguing with you on this, after all, Jesus didn't write a single book of the bible!
Re: Am I Really Called? by TenQ: 1:23pm On Nov 17, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The only one who represents Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit in those who are Holy/Perfect. We are vessels, servants for Him and our works judged by Him that is why Jesus Christ Himself never once taught us that we are to represent Him as you assume. undecided

If you claim you represent Christ to the world by letting His light shine through you but it turns out the light you claim is nothing but the same darkness that prevails in all other man in the world, how much of a representation do you serve of Jesus Christ there? NONE! undecided

These things are not by mouth or claim or confession as your Pastors and Priests have taught you to believe. There is wisdom to the Truth of Jesus Christ- His teachings and commandments that many of you conveniently gloss over so you can continue to believe as you choose. undecided

Unfortunately, it looks s not given to you to judge anyone on this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did God Lie? / Knowing God and serving Him the Scriptural way / The 10 Commanments Or Jesus' Commandments.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.