Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision (2282 Views)

$142Million Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupe Most Expensive Car Ever Sold / Rolls-Royce Sold A Record 5,152 Cars In 2019, The Highest Ever / This Old 1963 Ferrari Becomes The Most Expensive Car Ever Sold - See Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by bouncin04(m): 2:12pm On Nov 16, 2021
I ask because I'm at a crossroad of selling my car, no fault, just bored of it , but I don't want to start feeling regrets after making this decision . Advice please.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by stanvesco(m): 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
bouncin04:
I ask because I'm at a crossroad of selling my car, no fault, just bored of it , but I don't want to start feeling regrets after making this decision . Advice please.

Repaint Ur car.....

But if U get money....sell it tome

1 Like

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by Dozieson(m): 3:31pm On Nov 16, 2021
bouncin04:

I sold my Camry 2000 and regretting till date. It is the most reliable car I have used

7 Likes

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by dokyOloye: 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2021
Dozieson:

I sold my Camry 2000 and regretting till date. It is the most reliable car I have used
Same.
Gave out my volkswagen bora and regret it till today.
Most reliable car I ever used.

1 Like

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by Kassiny(m): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2021
Pls sell off the boring car and upgrade ASAP. We move
Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by bouncin04(m): 5:49pm On Nov 16, 2021
Dozieson:

Same model of car here

3 Likes

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by alphabbey1(m): 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
Just repaint and continue using ur thing. Good cars are not many out there ...

4 Likes

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by Dozieson(m): 7:47pm On Nov 16, 2021
alphabbey1:
Just repaint and continue using ur thing. Good cars are not many out there ...

That is truth. Most tokunbo cars these days are like scraps. Because of $$ rate people go for cheaper options
Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by melviniyke2002(m): 1:18am On Nov 17, 2021
Kassiny:
Pls sell off the boring car and upgrade ASAP. We move
grin some time u upgrade to more wahala.....my motto: if its serving me well n loyal,no need of selling,love-vendor to more modern outlook.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by id4sho(m): 6:48am On Nov 17, 2021
My friend sold his faultless 2007 Toyota matrix and bought 2012 Honda accord this year. Airbag bursted on it's own, Dashboard got burnt yesterday. Baba fixing one fault to another cry

Upgrade ko!!! Devil ni!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by Dozieson(m): 6:56am On Nov 17, 2021
id4sho:
My friend sold his faultless 2007 Toyota matrix and bought 2012 Honda accord this year. Airbag bursted on it's own, Dashboard got burnt yesterday. Baba fixing one fault to another cry

Upgrade ko!!! Devil ni!!!

I am telling you
Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by bigsmoke2(m): 10:22am On Nov 17, 2021
Sold my pencil light in 2018 .I still miss the car I bought it in 2013 in pristine condition when I say pristine I mean pristine everything in the engine bay was shining like a car that just left assembly line. Ran carfax and millage was 72k as at my time of purchase .For the first 3 years I didn't have a mechanic cuz I never needed one All I did was servicing at fuel station. I really regret selling that car.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by DukeNija(m): 11:32am On Nov 17, 2021
bouncin04:

Same model of car here

It’s time to move forward.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by zaradina(m): 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
DukeNija:

It’s time to move forward.

I support. If the funds are available why not top levels.
Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
Omo if funds dey,why not upgrade.sold my babyboy and e pain me,but we move,we upgrade.my mech always call me to greet me if e don tey wey I come him workshop.at a point he start to keep malice thinking I was no longer using his services.babyboy is the most reliable car I've used till date

3 Likes

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by Praxtech: 4:47am On Nov 19, 2021
I don't regret at all. I sold my W202 C180 a workhorse reliable and dependable Mercedes Benz....... I miss it. BUT OLD THINGS HAVE PASSED AWAY.... MONSTER V8 IS ON BOARD NOW.
Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by val4sure(m): 9:19am On Nov 19, 2021
Omoh if fund dey, upgrade to the next car of your dreams and move, life is too short to waste your time on regrets.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by kingbee90: 5:49pm On Nov 20, 2021
I sold my 2005 Nissan Murano. I still regret it till date because through out the 4 yrs of ownership, the car was surprisingly reliable & never left me stranded. Asides routine servicing & a one-time steering rack fault, it never left me stranded & the fuel consumption was too okay for a v6. The 2009 MDX I use now is a pain in my ass

1 Like

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by anochuks08(m): 6:00am On Nov 21, 2021
bouncin04:
I drive a 99 camry which i got since 2012 and last month i was at cross road of selling because I now feel bored in the car, no issues with the car at all, even my AC beats all my friends newer cars. Well finally I couldn't let her go, I repainted her, changed her stereo to all these Android ones, added reverse camera �, changed floormats and few other stuffs to make the car feel different. My upgrade will be to buy another car and add to her, I am enjoying the car now, No regrets.

3 Likes

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by Aaaaarghmed(m): 6:09am On Nov 21, 2021
anochuks08:
I drive a 99 camry which i got since 2012 and last month i was at cross road of selling because I now feel bored in the car, no issues with the car at all, even my AC beats all my friends newer cars. Well finally I couldn't let her go, I repainted her, changed her stereo to all these Android ones, added reverse camera �, changed floormats and few other stuffs to make the car feel different. My upgrade will be to buy another car and add to her, I am enjoying the car now, No regrets.
the car is a reliable car but just too boring.
Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by olumzzz(m): 7:31am On Nov 21, 2021
anochuks08:
Nice.
Add a subwoofer too
Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by 9icetoo(m): 9:07am On Nov 21, 2021
kingbee90:
I sold my 2005 Nissan Murano. I still regret it till date because through out the 4 yrs of ownership, the car was surprisingly reliable & never left me stranded. Asides routine servicing & a one-time steering rack fault, it never left me stranded & the fuel consumption was too okay for a v6. The 2009 MDX I use now is a pain in my ass
Why is it a pain if I may ask? cheesy
Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by dru23(m): 9:52am On Nov 21, 2021
9icetoo:

Engineer 9icetoo .... Toyota are hiring in Japan Tokyo now .. This will be the best time to put ur academic engineer degree to use ......

Maybe you can lecture them the need for the double cell radiator .. And you help them covert all these cars to double cell radiator. Tell them they can't cut cost anymore o.

And also let them know that is a choice for customers to use water instead of coolant in their radiator o..

They need your expertise biko hurry up

1 Like

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by kingbee90: 11:19am On Nov 21, 2021
9icetoo:

It's a fast SUV no doubt but it's also a fuel guzzler, the gear doesn't change optimally when when it's hot after several hours of driving, I don repair the instrument cluster tire
Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:14pm On Nov 21, 2021
kingbee90:

It's a fast SUV no doubt but it's also a fuel guzzler, the gear doesn't change optimally when when it's hot after several hours of driving, I don repair the instrument cluster tire
my bros has this ride and no issues so far in 4 years.infact I dey beg am to upgrade he no gree.the car is reliable

1 Like

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by skywalker240(m): 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2021
grin

Do you expect me to sell my legboginni or my legroyce? grin

I'll replace them, with real ride's, but i won't discard them
Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by Jamie1000: 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2021
Middle this year, I was thinking that way. First thing I did was to check Naija used car of what I wanted. To be honest, they are scrap. Most cars of 2007-2010 Naija used are problems waiting for you. Thier engine and gear box is almost half a million. Some, both the gear and engine is gone, compressor too not working well. I decided to fix my 2003 camry. Boring but very reliable and rugged. The movement is fantastic with Ac. I have decided, if I'm gonna upgrade, I'm not selling this untill, the upgrade proofs wordy. Car problem can make you prefer even a 1980 car that runs great without all this shorting of oil, gear not selecting fine, leg pull, over heating. Etc. Most of these older cars are quite more reliable and strong climbing hilss

2 Likes

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by Dozieson(m): 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2021
Jamie1000:
Middle this year, I was thinking that way. First thing I did was to check Naija used car of what I wanted. To be honest, they are scrap. Most cars of 2007-2010 Naija used are problems waiting for you. Thier engine and gear box is almost half a million. Some, both the gear and engine is gone, compressor too not working well. I decided to fix my 2003 camry. Boring but very reliable and rugged. The movement is fantastic with Ac. I have decided, if I'm gonna upgrade, I'm not selling this untill, the upgrade proofs wordy. Car problem can make you prefer even a 1980 car that runs great without all this shorting of oil, gear not selecting fine, leg pull, over heating. Etc. Most of these older cars are quite more reliable and strong climbing hilss

I dey tell you
Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by fineboynl(m): 12:56pm On Nov 23, 2021
Modern cars have too much problem with sensors. And how mechanic have not mastered the repair hense the problem.

1 Like

Re: Ever Sold A Car And Regretted The Decision by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2021
fineboynl:
Modern cars have too much problem with sensors. And how mechanic have not mastered the repair hense the problem.

you nailed it.most mechs here have not upgraded

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Advice:Toyota Rav4 2006 V6 / You Cannot Steal This Car Battery!!! / Police Arrested Me For Typo Error On My Car Papers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.