Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma (43623 Views)

UNILORIN Expels 14 Students For Examination Malpractices, Others / Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student / Mufutau Waliu: Ogun Poly Lecturer Shot Dead - Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by TheRareGem1(f): 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2021
The management of the University of Ilorin has expelled a final-year student, Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa of the Department of Microbiology after being found guilty of assaulting a female lecturer, Mrs Rahmat Zakariyau, of the same Department.
A statement by the University’s Director of Corporate Affairs, Mr. Kunle Akogun, disclosed that the verdict was handed down by the Student Disciplinary Committee where Salaudeen was arraigned on Monday, adding that “he has 48 days to appeal against the verdict to the Vice-Chancellor in case he feels dissatisfied with the decision”.

“Salaudeen has since been handed over to the police for further necessary action,”, Akogun added.

A letter written to Salaudeen by the University Registrar read, “You will recall that you appeared before the Student Disciplinary Committee (SDC) to defend yourself in respect of an allegation of misconduct leveled against you.

“After due consideration of all evidences before it, the Committee was convinced beyond any reasonable doubt that the allegation of misconduct has been established against you. It has accordingly recommended to the Vice-Chancellor, who in exercise of the power conferred on him, has directed that you Salaudeen, Waliu Aanuoluwa be expelled from the University.

“Accordingly, you are hereby expelled from the University with immediate effect.

“You are required to submit forthwith, all University property in your custody including your Student Identity Card to the Dean of Student Affairs or his representative and keep off the campus.

“In case you are dissatisfied with this decision, you are free to appeal to the University Council through the Dean, Faculty of Life Sciences to the Vice-Chancellor within forty-eight (48) days of the date of this letter.”

University Campus Journalist, an on-campus journal reported that Salaudeen claimed to have gone to the office of the female lecturer to beg her to help wave the mandatory Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme course which he missed due to unforeseen circumstances.

He claimed to have met Zakariyau numerous times, but all led to negative responses before the last Thursday assault on the lecturer.

Salaudeen Waliu, while speaking to University Campus Journalists, UCJ-Ilorin, claimed that “months before the last Thursday incident, he was arrested and locked up for two months, thereby warranting his inability to attend SIWES duties.”

He said he had gone to Allen Avenue in Ikeja, Lagos State, to meet a friend for the first time. He was waiting for the friend when according to him, he “felt the urge to urinate.”

Salaudeen said he urinated near a car parked by drainage when he was challenged by someone who must have washed the car.

He said he was accused of being a thief and was not allowed to explain himself before a mob descended on him, meted out jungle justice, and handed him over to the police which led to his detention for a period of two months.

The final-year student said after the incident in Lagos, he approached Mrs Zakariyau to explain to her his ordeal but the lecturer said there was no help to offer, except he joined the next set which would result in an extra year.

He said on the fateful Thursday when he entered the lecturer’s office, she ordered him out of her office.

”I got angry, I don’t know what came over me, I started arguing and she told me to leave her office, I told her if I don’t leave, what is she going to do?

“She then threw a mug at me which injured me and I started beating her,” he added.

Salaudeen said the female lecturer did not fight back, so he went on to beat her and later dragged her out of her office to continue the beating.

” I dragged her out and she ran. I chased and kept beating her before people came. I tried to run but was later caught by the school security,” he stated in the security cell of the institution where he was locked up since he was returned from ‘F’ Divisional Police station, Tanke in Ilorin, the Kwara state capital.

https://punchng.com/breaking-unilorin-expels-final-year-student-who-beat-female-lecturer-to-coma/?

See previous threads

https://www.nairaland.com/6848909/400l-unilorin-microbiology-student-beat

https://www.nairaland.com/6851859/salaudeen-waliu-why-beat-lecturer

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by felixzo1(m): 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
too bad. I feel sorry for him. his attitude is his greatest enemy

191 Likes 9 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by dawnomike(m): 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2021
He has simply graduated through the back door...

105 Likes 11 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by 50qwarat: 2:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
So close to earning an undergrad degree. Anger is a killer..

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Bola146(f): 2:24pm On Nov 16, 2021
shocked sad angry I don't pity him at all, I really pity the innocent parents suffering from A to Z that he wasted just because of one minute madness cry cry he should just go and learn trade or boxing or wrestling angry sad

171 Likes 8 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 16, 2021
He can join lkillbrokehoes and continue his life there.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Maxymilliano(m): 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2021
Awon eyan Mayweather ...

Not surprised. I knew from the moment it happened that it will be hard for him to graduate in that university.

His thuggery skill will be an asset for the APC, the party of touts.

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Jollylolly(f): 2:40pm On Nov 16, 2021
This is bound to happen. Charater is part of the prerequisite actually. Learning and character is part of the federal university

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by godisshit(m): 2:46pm On Nov 16, 2021
He actually expelled himself.

[img]https://images./16DlcXbLOxKXysHaL4MlVE.gif[/img]

131 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by godisshit(m): 2:47pm On Nov 16, 2021
Why? Is the female lecturer a broke hoe?

Iyaebe:
He can join lkillbrokehoes and continue his life there.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2021
Dude is not mature, he doesn't deserve to be certified a university graduate.
University isn't just about the classroom, character molding is part of it.
He got served right

Few years from now he will come to NL beggin for financial assistance

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by funshint(m): 2:51pm On Nov 16, 2021
That's how he'll one day kill his wife out of anger. His demon has consumed him. This' not his first time. You've been warned but you'll never take heed; now look at yourself.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by bigdammyj: 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2021
Noted

2 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by longetivity(m): 3:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
The Guy no use sense do things

8 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by floss(m): 3:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
Eye go clear now.... channel your hot temper and use it for cooking instead now that gas is fucking expensive.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by UTILITYMAY(m): 4:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
We all knew it would end that way

11 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by BigSarah(f): 4:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
Avoid Violence

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Malox10: 4:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
It is much expected

Next time he will suppress his anger

I doubt if any sch will accept him again

5 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Shellsploit: 4:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
cry

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Sonnobax15(m): 4:28pm On Nov 16, 2021
grin
Mennnnnnnn,if devil really mean to play bet9ja with your life en,e go just be like film trick for your eyes cheesy

7 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Godjone(m): 4:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
Good

Many of this overgrown kids thinks the university is a place to cramme a text book and use it to settle examz questions. They refused to inculcate in theirselves good morality standards. That is why after school they misbehave in their places of work.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by KhingLufem1(m): 4:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
Okay

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by snoopz: 4:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
As expected , But pls Remove that coma, she didn't enter coma .

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Vixlot: 4:29pm On Nov 16, 2021
50qwarat:
So close to earning an undergrad degree. Anger is a killer..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Aconomy: 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
Dude is not mature, he doesn't deserve to be certified a university graduate.
University isn't just about the classroom, character molding is part of it.
He got served right

Few years from now he will come to NL beggin for financial assistance
Well said

3 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Makib2020(m): 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2021
Waliu na bastard tongue

5 Likes

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by RomanGreen: 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2021
I feel sorry for him, the Nigerian system failed him given he said Police made him miss his papers, this does not in anyway justify what he has done .. it's totally condemnable, now Saludeen...forget everything called University, get a laptop and learn tech skills, be committed and trust me in six months you will be able to provide value which in turn brings cash to your pocket, if you must got to school...enrol online period. now most importantly work on your attitude while at all this and you'll become a better person in future

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by jaxxy(m): 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2021
As usual one sided judgement and story. A skol System that has and continues to thrive on student oppression.

If it was a lecturer who sexually abused a student they won’t be so swift. The lecturer in question here even started the actual violent altercation.

They even lied and exaggerated it to coma? Is anybody in coma? undecided

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Expels Salaudeen Waliu Aanuoluwa For Beating Lecturer To Coma by Kaybee14(m): 4:31pm On Nov 16, 2021
It is much expected.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Success Adegor: Okotie-Eboh Primary School Sapele Undergoing Renovation / OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum / Professor Jibrin Diso Wins Innoson’s N8.8m SUV (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.