Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,315 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Whats My Best Relocation Choice? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Whats My Best Relocation Choice? (22604 Views)

Married Guys That Relocated To The UK, Whats Your Experience / Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? / Family Relocation Abroad! Mature Advice /input Requested! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by JungleJustice01: 5:35pm On Nov 16, 2021
I've been thinking strongly of relocating these past couple years and I've made up mind I'm going for it in 2022.

I'm awaiting my IELTS result already and will redo if needed.

A little bio
31 years with about 8 years professional experience in Agric, top tier companies, married with 1 child and expecting one by June next year. I'll be able to come up with #5million for this project.

3 options on my mind.

1. Canada skilled migration
2. Australian skilled migration
3. Post graduate in Germany.

I've breezed through their pages but there's so much information to consume and so right now, I want to make a reasonable choice I can follow through to the end.

Which option do I have/has the best prospects for me please. I've thought of USA post graduate but the tuitions are just too high.

Thanks

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by JungleJustice01: 2:36pm On Nov 17, 2021
Over 100 views and no comment. Please guys sad

5 Likes

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by ednut1(m): 2:47pm On Nov 17, 2021
JungleJustice01:
Over 100 views and no comment. Please guys sad
go back to those threads, read carefully and make your decision based on the one you qualify for

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Gerrard59(m): 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2021
JungleJustice01:
I've been thinking strongly of relocating these past couple years and I've made up mind I'm going for it in 2022.

I'm awaiting my IELTS result already and will redo if needed.

A little bio
31 years with about 8 years professional experience in Agric, top tier companies, married with 1 child and expecting one by June next year. I'll be able to come up with #5million for this project.

3 options on my mind.

1. Canada skilled migration
2. Australian skilled migration
3. Post graduate in Germany.

I've breezed through their pages but there's so much information to consume and so right now, I want to make a reasonable choice I can follow through to the end.

Which option do I have/has the best prospects for me please. I've thought of USA post graduate but the tuitions are just too high.

Thanks

Good option is postgraduate studies in Germany. You deposit the fund into a block account, which gets released to you upon arrival in Germany. However, the process in obtaining a visa as a Nigerian in Nigeria is onerous and the worst I've read in my entire life. This is because due to the sheer demand of people who want to flee Nigeria, Covid-19 disruption which resulted in logjam of applications and maybe a change to dissuade prospective applicants, the process for applying a student's visa has two categories - A and B. Where Category A: students who got scholarships from governments, organisations or the school. Basically, you're funded by a third party. Also, if you have a first class within a certain period of time (check the embassy and thread). This Category will have your application processed quickly and you get invited for an interview. Category B: You have a 2.1 and below, self-funded etc. This will have your application processed at a later date and takes a year (again, check the thread). See why I mentioned it being onerous and worst ever read about? You have folks in Category B who got admitted but because they are in that category, their visa interview dates are allocated at dates beyond resumption dates and sometimes the following year. That's, you apply for admission for say September batch but don't get a visa interview till say June meanwhile classes commenced the previous year. Compare it to Japan where you apply for admission into the October intake, get a visa interview once your certificate of eligibility arrives (usually a month before, that's, August), head to embassy, get the visa and travel to Japan. Also, you're married and a father, this will incur more expenses if you intend carrying them along.

Better option is Canada express entry. You go through the process and all things being equal, you get ITA sometime next year. However, 5M will not be enough as a family man with two children. If I'm not mistaken, single applicants are required to possess POF of C$12, 000. Unless you go alone through the competitive process, you're patient, have a very high IELTS score of 8888, be prepared to learn French if need be etc.

Best option is the United States With your level of experience and hopefully a good grade, you can apply for a direct PhD and here's the juicy stuff; as a PhD student, you don't pay tuition fees as the department will waive it for you, get a stipend, you can bring your children and wife to the US; and yes, the school will fund you for that. Also, you have an easier path to green card and eventually citizenship after graduation. Now, the process entails you looking for a professor whose research theme aligns with yours. Send cold emails (see this link for in depth details: https://anumightytm.medium.com/part-two-guide-to-graduate-studies-in-the-united-state-of-america-us-38142f48d1f0), write the GRE to improve your chances, hopefully your IELTS score has a Listening score of at least 8 to improve your chances of getting teaching assistantships. Unfortunately, it's late to commence the process now as most schools offer funding for Fall season (August) as opposed to spring (March/April). So, what do you in the interim? Prepare very well for the journey and guess what? You will spend max N2M (inclusive of flight tickets) for this option because at the end of the day, you are not paying tuition fees nor providing living expenses. Why PhD instead of a masters? You're 31, don't have about 15M+ to present to the visa officer, long work experience and married with two children. An MSc doesn't favour you as most times, the school will not fund you. Trust me, if you opt for this option, you would be in the US mid-2023.

P.S. Forget the Australian option, you don't have the money as it's way more expensive than Canada's, your age doesn't favour you and maybe your occupation is not in high demand.

Best wishes!

231 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by JungleJustice01: 8:53pm On Nov 17, 2021
Gerrard59:

Good option is postgraduate studies in Germany. You deposit the fund into a block account, which gets released to you upon arrival in Germany. However, the process in obtaining a visa as a Nigerian in Nigeria is onerous and the worst I've read in my entire life. This is because due to the sheer demand of people who want to flee Nigeria, Covid-19 disruption which resulted in logjam of applications and maybe a change to dissuade prospective applicants, the process for applying a student's visa has two categories - A and B. Where Category A: students who got scholarships from governments, organisations or the school. Basically, you're funded by a third party. Also, if you have a first class within a certain period of time (check the embassy and thread). This Category will have your application processed quickly and you get invited for an interview. Category B: You have a 2.1 and below, self-funded etc. This will have your application processed at a later date and takes a year (again, check the thread). See why I mentioned it being onerous and worst ever read about? You have folks in Category B who got admitted but because they are in that category, their visa interview dates are allocated at dates beyond resumption dates and sometimes the following year. That's, you apply for admission for say September batch but don't get a visa interview till say June meanwhile classes commenced the previous year. Compare it to Japan where you apply for admission into the October intake, get a visa interview once your certificate of eligibility arrives (usually a month before, that's, August), head to embassy, get the visa and travel to Japan. Also, you're married and a father, this will incur more expenses if you intend carrying them along.

Better option is Canada express entry. You go through the process and all things being equal, you get ITA sometime next year. However, 5M will not be enough as a family man with two children. If I'm not mistaken, single applicants are required to possess POF of C$12, 000. Unless you go alone through the competitive process, you're patient, have a very high IELTS score of 8888, be prepared to learn French if need be etc.

Best option is the United States With your level of experience and hopefully a good grade, you can apply for a direct PhD and here's the juicy stuff; as a PhD student, you don't pay tuition fees as the department will waive it for you, get a stipend, you can bring your children and wife to the US; and yes, the school will fund you for that. Also, you have an easier path to green card and eventually citizenship after graduation. Now, the process entails you looking for a professor whose research theme aligns with yours. Send cold emails (see this link for in depth details: https://anumightytm.medium.com/part-two-guide-to-graduate-studies-in-the-united-state-of-america-us-38142f48d1f0), write the GRE to improve your chances, hopefully your IELTS score has a Listening score of at least 8 to improve your chances of getting teaching assistantships. Unfortunately, it's late to commence the process now as most schools offer funding for Fall season (August) as opposed to spring (March/April). So, what do you in the interim? Prepare very well for the journey and guess what? You will spend max N2M (inclusive of flight tickets) for this option because at the end of the day, you are not paying tuition fees nor providing living expenses. Why PhD instead of a masters? You're 31, don't have about 15M+ to present to the visa officer, long work experience and married with two children. An MSc doesn't favour you as most times, the school will not fund you. Trust me, if you opt for this option, you would be in the US mid-2023.

P.S. Forget the Australian option, you don't have the money as it's way more expensive than Canada's, your age doesn't favour you and maybe your occupation is not in high demand.

Best wishes!
Can't thank you enough. The US has always been a top choice for me but due to the requirements...I'll give the PhD option a try as I'm also open to just getting a Post graduate degree and returning to Nigeria as I've got business here as well.

I didn't know Germany and Australia have become so tough.

Side note: Is Poland/Norway Post graduate still as accessible as it used to be?

Thanks once again

6 Likes

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Jorussia(m): 10:05pm On Nov 17, 2021
JungleJustice01:

Can't thank you enough. The US has always been a top choice for me but due to the requirements...I'll give the PhD option a try as I'm also open to just getting a Post graduate degree and returning to Nigeria as I've got business here as well.

Thanks once again
Poland study visa has become very tough to obtain since last year.majority of applicants from Nigeria couldn't get interview date for September and October intakes.I think the covid19 and the recent popularity of Poland as a preferred alternative to Germany may be the major cause of this problem at polish embassy.Norway,usually start receiving applications from October to December.you can check the internet Norway is good country to study.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Gerrard59(m): 11:50pm On Nov 17, 2021
JungleJustice01:

Thanks once again

Poland has been very tough especially to get visa interview dates. This happened because Germany got tougher, so they resorted to Poland. Now, they're resorting to Belarus with final aim to get to Germany. Norway is like Germany but fewer schools, more competitive in terms of grade requirements and a not straightforward process to permanent residency unlike Germany.

In this project of japa, you need to study and read the threads of interested countries to understand the A - Z of everything.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by JungleJustice01: 8:21am On Nov 18, 2021
Gerrard59:

Poland has been very tough especially to get visa interview dates. This happened because Germany got tougher, so they resorted to Poland. Now, they're resorting to Belarus with final aim to get to Germany. Norway is like Germany but fewer schools, more competitive in terms of grade requirements and a not straightforward process to permanent residency unlike Germany.

In this project of japa, you need to study and read the threads of interested countries to understand the A - Z of everything.
Honestly. Thank you. I've started my binge research as well. Things have really changed but the fittest survive.
I believe I have a pathway to follow now.

3 Likes

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by JungleJustice01: 8:23am On Nov 18, 2021
Jorussia:
Poland study visa has become very tough to obtain since last year.majority of applicants from Nigeria couldn't get interview date for September and October intakes.I think the covid19 and the recent popularity of Poland as a preferred alternative to Germany may be the major cause of this problem at polish embassy.Norway,usually start receiving applications from October to December.you can check the internet Norway is good country to study.
Thanks for the feedback Jorussia. Norway applications are closing in 2 weeks. Too late for me. I'll shoot for US PG, Germany and possibly France.

Thanks so much.

5 Likes

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Gerrard59(m): 10:50am On Nov 18, 2021
JungleJustice01:

Honestly. Thank you. I've started my binge research as well. Things have really changed but the fittest survive.

Good luck, just ensure you finally get to relocate because in the next ten years, to enter Ghana as a Nigerian from Nigeria will be very tough.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Parachoko: 11:04am On Nov 18, 2021
Gerrard59:

Good luck, just ensure you finally get to relocate because in the next ten years, to enter Ghana as a Nigerian from Nigeria will be very tough.
Bro, I just decide to japa comot for Nigeria.

If I wan go do my MSc abroad, how much a single guy like me go need if I wan do am for USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or France? Abeg no vex say the options too much cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by ednut1(m): 1:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
Parachoko:

If I wan go do my MSc abroad, how much a single guy like me go need if I wan do am for USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or France? Abeg no vex say the options too much cheesy
why not google it
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Gerrard59(m): 3:14pm On Nov 18, 2021
Parachoko:

Check my first post in this thread and do you research.

1 Like

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Parachoko: 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
Gerrard59:

Check my first post in this thread and do you research.
Okay bro
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Parachoko: 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2021
ednut1:
why not google it
I just make the decision to leave today.

I feel I might be able to get straight forward answers on Nairaland, expecially from people who don go through this lane.

3 Likes

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by BunmiBie: 11:04pm On Nov 18, 2021
Parachoko:
I just make the decision to leave today.

I feel I might be able to get straight forward answers on Nairaland, expecially from people who don go through this lane.

These people that have commented did not gather the information by just asking questions. They carried out thorough research.
You need to visit travel threads and read extensively about the countries of your choice to avoid had I known.

Lastly dont be too lazy to pay an agent!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by liricaliblunt(f): 7:37am On Nov 21, 2021
You've probably used that medium to get into Canada right?
Preciouseke:
Most people don't know this yet, but there's an untapped visa route Nigerians are now using to legally relocate to Canada.

It is the fastest, easiest & cheapest way to move to Canada, it requires low education, low proof of funds, low English, job & accommodation on arrival

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Adbiz(m): 11:20am On Nov 21, 2021
Preciouseke:
Most people don't know this yet, but there's an untapped visa route Nigerians are now using to legally relocate to Canada.

It is the fastest, easiest & cheapest way to move to Canada, it requires low education, low proof of funds, low English, job & accommodation on arrival

Would like to know bro.thanks.
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Parachoko: 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2021
BunmiBie:

These people that have commented did not gather the information by just asking questions. They carried out thorough research.
You need to visit travel threads and read extensively about the countries of your choice to avoid had I known.

Lastly dont be too lazy to pay an agent!
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by ENG0701: 12:03am On Nov 22, 2021
From your options, I will go with Canada or Australia. Germany is a fantastic choice, but language barrier. Canada and Australia currently seem to have the most straight forward immigration process for skilled workers

1 Like

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by ledgelessons(m): 11:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
We are on the same page, the 3 options on my choice list.
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Welcomme: 4:00pm On Nov 23, 2021
JungleJustice01:

Why not try UK?
Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by JungleJustice01: 10:21pm On Nov 23, 2021
Welcomme:
Why not try UK?
Tuition fees are high and some friends who studied in the UK didn't even wait for their convocation before running back to Nigeria.
I don't know if things have changed now though.

@Gerrard.59, finally got my IELTS result and it was 8.0 on dot. Moving on

17 Likes

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by ednut1(m): 10:28pm On Nov 23, 2021
Preciouseke:

stop deceiving people. If its easy you would have been in Canada with it

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats My Best Relocation Choice? by Welcomme: 6:02am On Nov 24, 2021
JungleJustice01:

Tuition fees are high and some friends who studied in the UK didn't even wait for their convocation before running back to Nigeria.
I don't know if things have changed now though.

@Gerrard59, finally got my IELTS result and it was 8.0 on dot. Moving on
Things have changed. They now give two years post study visa which can help you to plan your way of either to stay there or find another country to go

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Flood Takes Over Some Parts Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom (photos) / Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed / EU Set To Send Nigerian Migrants Home.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.