Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray (1412 Views)

Why Do Men Find It Difficult To Ask Their Women For Money When They Are Broke?� / Why Do People Who Borrow Money Find It So Difficult To Return In Due Time? / I Find It Difficult To Sleep Alone In A Room Or In A House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Mayyvin: 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2021
I'm not exactly sure how this started.

I used to always begin my day with prayers and studying the Bible. But of late, I've been finding it difficult to continue this practise.

I also have no desire to go to church anymore. I find I don't learn anything from the Bible whenever I attend. Either I'm too busy working (I'm a worker), or the sermons mostly borders on how to attain wordly success—things I can easily pull up from one of Anthony Robbin's motivational books.

I'm involved in a lot of things in church. I occupy several leadership positions (which I didn't ask for) and every Sunday feels like an office meeting.

I get home feeling drained and tired after several meetings. I don't learn anything from church and I no longer feel the passion I used to have.

I dunno what's happening. My spiritual life is wearing thin.
Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by yuping(m): 6:34pm On Nov 16, 2021
Me too, but its doesn't mean my spiritual life is gone, I always thank God for what I have and what I lack.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Sonnobax15(m): 7:04pm On Nov 16, 2021
undecided
Na wa for some of una oh undecided

Myself,I can't even remember theast time I closed my eyes to say a prayer...But that does that doesn't mean I'm not a child of God..
Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by MRDEE01: 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2021
Take out sometime to fast and pray. Also listen to more of worship songs early in the morning.
BTW too much activity kills spirituality which imparts affects sensitivity.
I pray you find your spiritual bearing fast.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by DenreleDave(m): 7:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
Honestly, it's happening to me..

The issues of life are just beclouding my eyes....

1 Like

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Nov 16, 2021
Mayyvin:
What has church attendance and praying to do with wetin Jesus Christ even tell you say make you do? undecided

• Jesus Christ never told His followers to attend churches or do anything in places called churches.
• Jesus Christ never that one was required to say X amount of prayers each single day.
• When asked by His disciples how to pray, Jesus Christ(God in the Kingdom of God) taught them to say what we call 'The Lord's prayer' a prayer that needs only be said once a day for those who wish to pray everyday.

But most importantly, Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who obey His commandments and teachings. He described His friends as those who do what He says. undecided

So Op, the major problem with your so-called spiritual life is that you are following the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) , that which is a sin against God, instead of submitting to and obeying the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Richy4(m): 8:39pm On Nov 16, 2021

<<<I am not an expert in matters like this but in my humble opinion, I will suggest that you Meet whoever that is incharge of the church, let them delegate some of the responsibilities to others.. U were feeling the exact way Moses was feeling before God asked him to appoint 70 elders to help him see the affairs of the Israelites..

<<<Also, It feels really good to worship with the people of the same faith because iron sharpens iron... But sometimes when U were not up to it, u give yourself a break... It doesn't feel right when U feel that there's nothing else to learn in church..it doesn't look right anytime attending church service feels like a chore... Immediately that feeling starts, it shows that u needed a bit of a break... Some minister(pastors) do take leave of absence too in their ministry..

<<<As for praying, it happens to many of us... but Please do not let that fire in u to die down ok.. Prayer is communication... If U have nothing to say to the man upstairs, just say the grace and sleep... Don't feel bad u are just human..

3 Likes

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Mayyvin: 8:44pm On Nov 16, 2021
MRDEE01:
Take out sometime to fast and pray.
Also listen to more of worship songs early in the morning.

BTW too much activity kills spirituality which imparts affects sensitivity.

I pray you find your spiritual bearing fast.

I'm struggling to pray and you're telling me to add fasting undecided .

Anyway, I think you're right about the "too much activity".

I've thought about stepping down from some leadership positions, but I don't know how my pastors will take it. I don't want to be seen as a bad egg.
Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Mayyvin: 8:47pm On Nov 16, 2021
Richy4:

<<<I am not an expert in matters like this but in my humble opinion, I will suggest that you Meet whoever that is incharge of the church, let them delegate some of the responsibilities to others.. U were feeling the exact way Moses was feeling before God asked him to appoint 70 elders to help him see the affairs of the Israelites..

<<<Also, It feels really good to worship with the people of the same faith because iron sharpens iron... But sometimes when U were not up to it, u give yourself a break... It doesn't feel right when U feel that there's nothing else to learn in church..it doesn't look right anytime attending to church service feels like a chore... Immediately that feeling starts, it shows that u needed a bit of a break then come back again..

<<<As for praying, it happens to many of us... but Please do not let that fire in u to die down ok.. Prayer is communication... If U have nothing to say to the man upstairs, just say the grace and sleep... Don't feel bad u are just human..

Thank you so much for your words of advice. This was quite refreshing to read. Your second paragraph really hit home and I'll heed to what you've recommended.
Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by MRDEE01: 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2021
Mayyvin:

I'm struggling to pray and you're telling me to add fasting undecided .

Anyway, I think you're right about the "too much activity".

I've thought about stepping down from some leadership positions, but I don't know how my pastors will take it. I don't want to be seen as a bad egg.

Struggling to pray doesn't mean you can't mumble prayers.

Give it a try,you will eventually breakthrough in the season of fast.
Besides check if there is something you indulge in that grieves the holyspirit

1 Like

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by sageb: 9:18pm On Nov 16, 2021
Mayyvin:

I used to always begin my day with prayers and studying the Bible. But of late, I've been finding it difficult to continue this practise.

I also have no desire to go to church anymore. I find I don't learn anything from the Bible whenever I attend. Either I'm too busy working (I'm a worker), or the sermons mostly borders on how to attain wordly success—things I can easily pull up from one of Anthony Robbin's motivational books.

I'm involved in a lot of things in church. I occupy several leadership positions (which I didn't ask for) and every Sunday feels like an office meeting.

I get home feeling drained and tired after several meetings. I don't learn anything from church and I no longer feel the passion I used to have.

With regards to prayer, I opine that you listen to Gospel songs before prayer.
I know a lot of them depending on your mood and prayer points.
Listen to
Jaci velaquez - on my knees
Or
Nicole Mullen - when I call on Jesus
So soul lifting

1 Like

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Ulunne777(f): 10:09pm On Nov 16, 2021
Church: because someone is disturbing me .
Prayers: bexuse I don't want my children to say their mommy didn't teach them how to pray.
For some years now,spirituality has become burdensome for me.I haven't even read my bible once this year.
Do I want to reconnect,I don't even know.I'm going through some things that makes me question if God is actually interested in me.If he actually exists.If we are not living like animals who die and go.
I wish sometimes but the will,the time,the concentration is not there.
Ike Gwuru!
Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Mayyvin: 10:25pm On Nov 16, 2021
Ulunne777:
Prayers: bexuse I don't want my children to say their mommy didn't teach them how to pray.
For some years now,spirituality has become burdensome for me.I haven't even read my bible once this year.
Do I want to reconnect,I don't even know.[b]I'm going through some things that makes me question if God is actually interested in me.[/b]If he actually exists.If we are not living like animals who die and go.
Ike Gwuru!

Wow. I've been struggling with this too. I mean, I used to pray for a long stretch of minutes and I end up feeling absolutely nothing. I don't hear anything, I don't sense anything. Just bleh.

I know God exists. My feelings can't dispel it. The evidences are written all over creation and they're quite glaring.

He has billions of loyalists. Maybe I'm just an insignificant lot. I dunno.

1 Like

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by linnyx: 2:15am On Nov 17, 2021
Ulunne777:
Do I want to reconnect,I don't even know.I'm going through some things that makes me question if God is actually interested in me.If he actually exists.If we are not living like animals who die and go.
Ike Gwuru!

At times like this all you just need is to call God for help. Just keep saying "God help me". He definitely will come to your aid and renew your spirit.

1 Like

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Vision101(m): 3:49am On Nov 17, 2021
Prayer is communication between a child of God and God. No two friends exist without talking to each other regularly. The scriptures says that we should pray without ceasing. Something must be definitely wrong when a true believer finds it difficult to pray.

Irrespective of your activities and position in the church, the question is are you a true believer? If you are sure you are then a retreat is recommended to fire your spirit up.

It's unthinkable to find a good Christian that finds it difficult to study(not read) his Bible regularly. The revelations that come to you each time you study the Bible is ever fresh.
It is not a good sign in Christianity to go low after you have gone high in service to God.

Anybody that finds the above easy has a question mark in his Christianity. Don't be deceived by the initial breakthroughs you receive when you do this. They are the tricks of the devil.

What you are experiencing could be danger signals. The enemy will never be happy when you are fervent in the things of God. He will sow the seed of lukewarmness. Remember the Laodicean church in the book of Revelation.

Pastors are advised to spice up their service. Include varieties because the church is made of human beings. Jesus told Peter to feed his flock. The food must not be junk food. Messages should vary while maintaining the main line which is our Lord Jesus Christ.

Recommendations
~ take a retreat for some days to fire your spirit
~ listen to Christian songs regularly.
~ reduce your activities so that you can have more time.
~ study (not read) your Bible. This will involve using different material.
~ if the doctrine of your church is sound, don't leave but spice up by listening to good preachers online.
~ in a respectful way suggest to your pastor to spice up his service.

I'm a senior pastor in RCCG. I'm pic of a province headquarters parish. I allow my congregation to be hungry for my messages, teachings and programs. So I don't preach or teach all the time. I allow other ministers to handle some service.

Do everything to enjoy working with your senior partner - the Holy Spirit.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by solarview(m): 5:32am On Nov 17, 2021
Mayyvin:

Please Join WONDER WITHOUT NUMBERS prayers on Celebration TV or YouTube. You'll come back with a testimony
Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Ayo081(m): 7:13am On Nov 17, 2021
OP this might be a journey to spiritual rebirth undecided

Do not be discouraged undecided

Rather seek the truth. There are many truth preachers (their resources are online and YouTube), search and the Spirit will lead you undecided

This is not to discourage you from the gatherings of the 'brethren'.

1 Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong.

2 Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.

3 A dream comes when there are many cares, and many words mark the speech of a fool.

Ecclesiastes 5:1‭-‬3 NIV

6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Matthew 6:6‭-‬8 NIV

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by petra1(m): 10:00am On Nov 17, 2021
sageb:

With regards to prayer, I opine that you listen to Gospel songs before prayer.
I know a lot of them depending on your mood and prayer points.
Listen to
Jaci velaquez - on my knees
Or
Nicole Mullen - when I call on Jesus
So soul lifting

Nice counsel . . .

but How do you manage to have such large followership
Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Desertb: 10:29am On Nov 17, 2021
!!

1 Like

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by cooooooks(m): 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2021
Go to YouTube. Search for "Pinecreek Doug".

Watch his videos.

Mayyvin:

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Mayyvin: 2:00pm On Nov 17, 2021
cooooooks:
Go to YouTube. Search for "Pinecreek Doug".

Watch his videos.

I'm tryna reignite my prayer life and you're recommending I listen to an agnostic. undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by cooooooks(m): 2:32pm On Nov 17, 2021
If you can think through the questions he asks, your faith will be forever strong.

Mayyvin:

I'm tryna reignite my prayer life and you're recommending I listen to an agnostic. undecided
Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Truvelisback(m): 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2021
Fast! U have been eating too much. It has made ur spiritman to be weak and ur flesh to be strong.
Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Mayyvin: 4:41pm On Nov 17, 2021
cooooooks:
If you can think through the questions he asks, your faith will be forever strong.

I know Doug.
I've listened to him and many other atheist back when I was an atheist too. He constantly evade questions about his worldview, his arguments are manipulative and are far off from seeking objective truth. Go listen to the podcast he had with Darth.

If you wanna listen to an atheist, at least, choose the ones who are honestly trying to find answers.

Anyway, thanks for your input.
Take care.
Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Mayyvin: 4:44pm On Nov 17, 2021
Truvelisback:
Fast! U have been eating too much. It has made ur spiritman to be weak and ur flesh to be strong.

I don't eat too much. So this one doesn't follow.
Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by cooooooks(m): 4:47pm On Nov 17, 2021
Ah. I'll have to disagree completely.

Good luck. Choose peace of mind above all.

Mayyvin:

I know Doug.
I've listened to him and many other atheist back when I was an atheist too. He constantly evade questions about his worldview, his arguments are manipulative and are far off from seeking objective truth. Go listen to the podcast he had with Darth.

If you wanna listen to an atheist, at least, choose the ones who are honestly trying to find answers.

Anyway, thanks for your input.
Take care.

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Truvelisback(m): 4:54pm On Nov 17, 2021
Mayyvin:

I don't eat too much. So this one doesn't follow.
Fast! 6 to 6.
Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Mayyvin: 4:58pm On Nov 17, 2021
Vision101:
Prayer is communication between a child of God and God. No two friends exist without talking to each other regularly. The scriptures says that we should pray without ceasing. Something must be definitely wrong when a true believer finds it difficult to pray.

Irrespective of your activities and position in the church, the question is are you a true believer? If you are sure you are then a retreat is recommended to fire your spirit up.

It's unthinkable to find a good Christian that finds it difficult to study(not read) his Bible regularly. The revelations that come to you each time you study the Bible is ever fresh.
It is not a good sign in Christianity to go low after you have gone high in service to God.

Anybody that finds the above easy has a question mark in his Christianity.
Don't be deceived by the initial breakthroughs you receive when you do this. They are the tricks of the devil.

What you are experiencing could be danger signals. The enemy will never be happy when you are fervent in the things of God. He will sow the seed of lukewarmness. Remember the Laodicean church in the book of Revelation.

Pastors are advised to spice up their service. Include varieties because the church is made of human beings. Jesus told Peter to feed his flock. The food must not be junk food. Messages should vary while maintaining the main line which is our Lord Jesus Christ.

Recommendations
~ take a retreat for some days to fire your spirit
~ listen to Christian songs regularly.
~ reduce your activities so that you can have more time.
~ study (not read) your Bible. This will involve using different material.
~ if the doctrine of your church is sound, don't leave but spice up by listening to good preachers online.
~ in a respectful way suggest to your pastor to spice up his service.

I'm a senior pastor in RCCG. I'm pic of a province headquarters parish. I allow my congregation to be hungry for my messages, teachings and programs. So I don't preach or teach all the time. I allow other ministers to handle some service.

Do everything to enjoy working with your senior partner - the Holy Spirit.

God knows my heart has always been to serve him well. I've tried to the best of my ability.

I can't suggest to my pastor to spice up his service. It's not in my place.

Nonetheless, I've read what you wrote and I'll pull myself to adhere to your recommendations. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Mayyvin: 4:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
Truvelisback:
Fast! 6 to 6.

You're saying the same thing.
Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by Truvelisback(m): 5:13pm On Nov 17, 2021
Mayyvin:

You're saying the same thing.
How?
Re: I'm Finding It Difficult To Pray by kwaso2: 8:35pm On Nov 17, 2021
You are under attack. U are a soldier. U know what to do

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sold!! Hot Relocation Sale - Camry 2007 / Unannounced Visit Turn Sour / As A Nigerian What Will You Do When U See Ur Mother Smoking Weed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.