Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,797 members, 7,798,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House (4351 Views)

Just In: APC In Shambles, Yakubu Dogara Emerges Speaker (house Of Reps!) / Igbuya Elected Speaker Delta State House Of Assembly / 15 PDP Lawmakers Flee Benue As APC Member Emerges Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by Chyz2: 3:52am On Jun 08, 2011
Date Published: 06/07/11
[size=15pt]
Ochei emerges Speaker Delta House
[/size]
…Uduaghan storms out on the House

Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan yesterday stormed out of the Delta State House of Assembly just as the Fifth Assembly of the Delta State House of Assembly was inaugurated with Hon. Victor Onyekachi Ochei, PDP , representing Aniocha North constituency, emerging as the Speaker,

Less than twenty minutes Governor Uduaghan arrived the chamber of the House and half way into the ceremony, he (Uduaghan) walked out unceremoniously while the Clark of the House Mr. Raymond Yavbieri, was still presiding.

It was gathered that , Uduaghan was not comfortable with the way the Clark of the House going about the ceremony especially when he (Uduaghan) had sent message to the Clark to step some item on the Motion paper, but the Clark went ahead to start calling the all the names of the members elect with the political parties.

It was also gathered that the Clark started reading the proclamation speech meant for the governor, prompting he (Uduaghan) walk out from the chambers while the ceremony was still ongoing. Soon after he left some members elect ran after him but he did not return to the ceremony.

Hon. Basil Ganagana, PDP representing Patani constituency was also selected as the Deputy Speaker.

The selection of Ochie, aged 42, as the new Speaker followed the nomination by the member elect representing Ika North East State constituency Hon. Sam Obi, the immediate past Speaker and PDP and was seconded by member representing Ukpe Constituency, Hon. Julius Okpokpo.

The selection of the Speaker and the Deputy was unanimously unopposed. Hon. Ganagana, representing Patani consistency, is the only forth team member of the State House of Assembly having been first elected in 1991.

Other principal officials of the State House of Assembly that were nominated in a ceremony that lasted about two hours, are; Hon. Monday Igbuya ; Majority Leader , Hon. Beatrice Umawunmi –Udo; Chief Whip , Hon. Peter Awunsaya; Deputy Chief Whip, Hon. John Nani; Majority Whip, Hon. Julius Okpoko; Minority Leader while Hon. Azuka Azaka emerged as the Minority Whip.

In his acceptance speech Ochie said, “I am only the first among equals, I therefore crave your support, corporation and love, as a team with the collective desire and objective of bringing about development and sustainable growth , through the instrumentality of legislation, once again” .

“I congratulate all members of this fifth assembly, and employ all of us to join hands and work together, I must emphasis that the elections are over, and it’s time for our legislative work, what is important is that we are all Deltans with collective desire, aspirations and goals and working together, we shall build the Delta State of our dreams”.

He further stated that, “as you are all aware, the legislature is an arm of government with among other functions, the task of law making, representing the citizens, over sighting the activities and performance of government, it’s imperative to state that the principal purpose of each arm of government is to provide serves to satisfy the needs of the people. Each arm of government has its functions, vision, mission and the realization of this vision is essence why we were elected.

“In this fifth assembly, I am desirous to provide the needed efficient, effective and purposeful leadership in collaboration with other arms of government to positively impact on the lives of Deltans , to this ends I will God helping me , vigorously strive to foster a cordial working relationship with the executive and the judiciary without compromising the independent of the legislature

“You have unanimously elected me as the Speaker of Delta State House of Assembly; I thank you for entrusting upon me the leadership of the house and finding me worthy to occupy this exulted position of Speaker. Be rest assured that I will not betray this trust”, he pointed out.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os5064.html
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by EzeUche1(m): 3:59am On Jun 08, 2011
Good news for the Delta Igbo? Chyz, I need your commentary, because I am ashamed to say, but I do not know about Delta state politics.
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by aljharem3: 4:03am On Jun 08, 2011
EzeUche!:

Good news for the Delta Igbo? Chyz, I need your commentary, because I am ashamed to say, but I do not know about Delta state politics.

it is delta ibo/animo/enuami ethnic group and they are not igbos

so shut u mouth about this ur igbo nonsense, no one wants to be igbo

it sux

Anioma: Igbo, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Urhobo, Isoko, Leave Us Alone

I want to preface this write-up by emphatically stating that we are “Anioma,” our region can and should only be correctly referred to as “Anioma” and not “Western Igbos,” “Ika Igbos” or even “Delta Igbo,” all of which presage nothing but “fake Igbos.” Care should also be taken not to refer to us as “Delta North” as we have never heard of “Ebonyi East,” “Lagos North” or “Sokoto South” these derogatory and discriminatory references are threateningly tending to overshadow and send our prestigious name, Anioma to its early grave, so the proper usage of this name is of uttermost concern to me.

Contrary to prevailing circumstances and dilemma which relegate us to the background in Delta State and Igbo politics, such as poor representation in political affairs of the State, lack of amenities, ethnic identity crisis, deliberate marginalization, abandonment by our Igbo kiths and kin from the South East etc, we know we are still a great nation to reckon with. This write-up will therefore focus on the two factors which have been egregiously and heavily weighing down the Anioma ethnicity, and at best have prevented us from finding our bearing, how our Anioma region with innumerable associations, countless social groups, technocrats, political office holders, professionals of Anioma extraction, etc have contributed to the disgraceful predicament of the present state of the region.

The first and major issue of dilemma confronting this region is the problem of ethnic identity, the present state of the region weakened by abandonment and lack of vision has again raised the question on whether Anioma people are Igbo or not. This question has generated a lot of debates in the past and present, and will continue to do so even as it hampers growth and development in this region and presents us with nothing but pauperization. I make bold to comment that the attitude of the Igbo of South East to their Anioma counterparts have not really justified that Anioma are Igbo except on papers, and that if ever the people South East deem this necessary, they have always relied and ended such only with historical support and not more, however actions have failed to justify this.

Evidently the Igbo will always count on us to support the large population density of the entire Igbo nation by for instance stating that the Igbo are 40 million if a thorough and unbiased population census is organized in Nigeria but it does not go beyond this. An Igbo may also want to merely count on similar names existing between the Igbo and Anioma as a reason for justifying the Igboid relationship with both regions, but ask an Anioma just what he has gained from the South East; he looks at you endlessly and tells you “nothing.” We have been in this situation for long, so it is not in the least surprising. The Igbo are taught in school that the Igbo are only in South East, in this case what happen to others? It is for this reason that the phrase “core Igbo” exists in our dictionary today.

I am still racking my brain to remember the last time any Governor from the South Eastern part of the nation officially visited the Anioma region even if it is solidarity one. The place of issues bothering on Anioma is what is missing in Ohaneze Ndiigbo’s agenda, do we not know this? Interestingly, the Igbo have in some way been frustrating the race for the actualization of Anioma State because to them there is no reason why the State should emerge, this apparent when a committee headed by Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu on State creation for the Igbo completely and arbitrarily ruled out the choice of Anioma State for the Igbo because according to them this could mean another State for the South-South geo-political region, but right senses accord us the knowledge that the emergence of Anioma State would make a sixth State for the South East, if the Igbo so desire it to be, Is Onitsha today a community within the South East not an Anioma community I ask? We may for certain reasons, clear or unclear ignore this but history will not because no one can turn back the hand of clock. An Anioma State would have been a full-fledged Igbo State for the Igbo, the great Chuba Okadigbo realized this before his death.

It is a fact that the Anioma people have never been in the agenda of the Igbo contrary to what an Igbo writer like Ogaranya Uju Nkwocha Afuleze tries to force down into our throats. We have now deeply understood from Emma Okocha that when the Republic of Biafra was declared as a secessionist State from Nigeria by Chukwuemeka Odimegwu-Ojukwu, Anioma was not included in the maps of Biafra, instead the declaration only claimed Onitsha, a part of Anioma community now lost to the South East but in the pogrom that accompanied this, Northerners did not spare Anioma people because historically, and to the best of their knowledge, Anioma are completely part of Igbo nation, the result was that we shared in the killings and maiming.

Some Igbo Historians have argued that the events that led to the civil war was caused by the Late Chukwuma Nzeogwu but these Historians fail to understand that first and foremost, Nzeogwu was not the leader of that coup, again he (Nzeogwu) only acted in reciprocity of the bad treatment and marginalization being manufactured by the Northerners and targeted at the Igbo, a race he felt he was part and parcel of but when the battle line was drawn, he quickly realized that he was not in the arrangement of Ojukwu when he was ostracized from the affairs of the then Biafran Republic. I have lost count of the number of Army Commanders of Anioma extraction Biafra had. We died for the lived and died for the Igbo during the Nigeria-Biafra War, in the history of the Biafran War today, there is no Igbo community singly or put together that died as a result of organized massacres than the Anioma communities.

Yet the rejection of Anioma people as proper Igbo or as “fake Igbo” peoplewho cannot speak Igbo properly has continued to this day.

“Again in the 2007 election, as a prelude to that charade, Prof. Pat Utomi {from Ibusa}, whose wife is from the East, went to OHANAEZE to solicit for support for his presidential ambition. Chief Orji Uzor Kalu also went to solicit for his too. A section of OHANAEZE that rejected Pat Utomi, gave me a terrible food for thought. One of them, according to some daily Nigerian newspapers’ reports, hankered abject adroitly : “Is he really a proper Igbo man? Look at him, he cannot even speak Igbo properly.” Others even insinuated that his name did not sound Igbo. I was shocked to the bone marrow.  I couldn’t believe what I was reading from prominent Igbo citizens.

Instead of asking the two candidates to present their programmes and manifestoes, they were busy hankering on whether one of them is a “proper Igbo” or not. I was shocked of words. If any Igbo person does not know the meaning of Utomi, then that person should take a suicidal dive into the river Niger.” (Igbos of Delta State and Crisis of Identity (Conclusion) by Ephraim Adinlofu

Interestingly, Pat Utomi is a member of Ohaneze Ndiigbo. We should never beg the Igbo to accept us as their kiths and kin rather the Anioma leaders should devise ways of wining the battles by taking the fate of the region in their hands, is the region must succeed. The status of Anioma is not strange in the polity of Nigeria, consider the seeming ethnic affinity existing between the Isoko and Urhobo, yet the Nigerian constitution and people recognize these as two distinct ethnic groups in the country. The case of Itsekiri who mixed with Benin and Yoruba as the Anioma are mixture of Bini and Igbo is also a case study here, the Itsekiri people are today distinctly an ethnic group separate from the Yoruba as well as Bini. When Peter Okocha was stabbed in the back, Ohaneze never collectively took up his course and addressed it. Instead he was abandoned to his fate.

It is for this reason that I totally disagree with the view of Ogaranya Uju Nkwucha Afuleze linking ethnicity to divinity thus:

“First, it is not up to them to say what they are and what they are not. When God created them, He did not ask them who they wanted to be. He just created them Igbo. The only way you'll know who belongs to what ethnic group in Nigeria is the name and what language the name comes from. Anybody whose name is Amadi or Onyeri, or Eke, or Odili, Wanodi (Nwanodi) does not need to tell you who he is. He is Igbo, his politics notwithstanding”

Perhaps I am the only one in this whole universe who knows that the activities of European Missionaries to Nigeria altered ethnicity and tribes in the country either due to their lack of understandings of these tribes or as a deliberate means of achieving their selfish aims and objects. And this act extends beyond the Nigerian confines. Much of the countries we today refer to as Arabs were never Arabs but were arabized, typical of these countries are Egypt, Syria, and Iran etc.

If a true organization capable of articulating the answers, responses and solutions to the challenges confronting the Anioma ethnicity emerges, the question of whether Anioma are Igbo or not will become a thing of past. This will also take care of the lack of leadership problem challenging the region today as a second factor confronting Anioma. If Ohaneze, Arewa and Oodua exist in Igbo land, North part of the nation and among the Yoruba, why cannot Anioma people sit down and devise a forum for championing the course of the region instead of relying on the Ohaneze’s assistances which never comes anyway?

The fate of Anioma people in the hands of Ijaw, Urhobo, Isoko and Itsekiri also need to be addressed. These our brothers in what is believed to be their own Delta State have arrogantly dominated us since the creation of State. While there is nothing to show in Anioma as part of Delta State, there is everything in these other areas to show they are the “core Deltans” At least warri is the unofficial and economic capital of the State while Oghara is the administrative capital. Chief Ibori made them so. This is purely because we are considered Delta Igbo in foreign lands. The Anioma people need to work harder towards the actualization of Anioma State, and only this will make our crisis of identity a thing of the past 

http://www.articlesbase.com/politics-articles/anioma-igbo-ijaw-itsekiri-urhobo-isoko-leave-us-alone-650412.html
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by EzeUche1(m): 4:11am On Jun 08, 2011
alj_harem:

so shut u mouth about this your igbo nonsense, no one wants to be igbo

it sux

I guess the first coup was not an Igbo coup then if the Delta Igbo are not Igbo. Nzeogwu is a Delta Igbo. . . grin
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by Chyz2: 4:14am On Jun 08, 2011
EzeUche!:

I guess the first coup was not an Igbo coup then if the Delta Igbo are not Igbo. Nzeogwu is a Delta Igbo. . . grin

Gbam! grin
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by bashr4: 4:17am On Jun 08, 2011
alj_harem:

so shut u mouth about this your igbo nonsense, no one wants to be igbo

it sux

Anioma: Igbo, Ijaw, Itsekiri, Urhobo, Isoko, Leave Us Alone

I want to preface this write-up by emphatically stating that we are “Anioma,” our region can and should only be correctly referred to as “Anioma” and not “Western Igbos,” “Ika Igbos” or even “Delta Igbo,” all of which presage nothing but “fake Igbos.” Care should also be taken not to refer to us as “Delta North” as we have never heard of “Ebonyi East,” “Lagos North” or “Sokoto South” these derogatory and discriminatory references are threateningly tending to overshadow and send our prestigious name, Anioma to its early grave, so the proper usage of this name is of uttermost concern to me.

Contrary to prevailing circumstances and dilemma which relegate us to the background in Delta State and Igbo politics, such as poor representation in political affairs of the State, lack of amenities, ethnic identity crisis, deliberate marginalization, abandonment by our Igbo kiths and kin from the South East etc, we know we are still a great nation to reckon with. This write-up will therefore focus on the two factors which have been egregiously and heavily weighing down the Anioma ethnicity, and at best have prevented us from finding our bearing, how our Anioma region with innumerable associations, countless social groups, technocrats, political office holders, professionals of Anioma extraction, etc have contributed to the disgraceful predicament of the present state of the region.

The first and major issue of dilemma confronting this region is the problem of ethnic identity, the present state of the region weakened by abandonment and lack of vision has again raised the question on whether Anioma people are Igbo or not. This question has generated a lot of debates in the past and present, and will continue to do so even as it hampers growth and development in this region and presents us with nothing but pauperization. I make bold to comment that the attitude of the Igbo of South East to their Anioma counterparts have not really justified that Anioma are Igbo except on papers, and that if ever the people South East deem this necessary, they have always relied and ended such only with historical support and not more, however actions have failed to justify this.

Evidently the Igbo will always count on us to support the large population density of the entire Igbo nation by for instance stating that the Igbo are 40 million if a thorough and unbiased population census is organized in Nigeria but it does not go beyond this. An Igbo may also want to merely count on similar names existing between the Igbo and Anioma as a reason for justifying the Igboid relationship with both regions, but ask an Anioma just what he has gained from the South East; he looks at you endlessly and tells you “nothing.” We have been in this situation for long, so it is not in the least surprising. The Igbo are taught in school that the Igbo are only in South East, in this case what happen to others? It is for this reason that the phrase “core Igbo” exists in our dictionary today.

I am still racking my brain to remember the last time any Governor from the South Eastern part of the nation officially visited the Anioma region even if it is solidarity one. The place of issues bothering on Anioma is what is missing in Ohaneze Ndiigbo’s agenda, do we not know this? Interestingly, the Igbo have in some way been frustrating the race for the actualization of Anioma State because to them there is no reason why the State should emerge, this apparent when a committee headed by Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu on State creation for the Igbo completely and arbitrarily ruled out the choice of Anioma State for the Igbo because according to them this could mean another State for the South-South geo-political region, but right senses accord us the knowledge that the emergence of Anioma State would make a sixth State for the South East, if the Igbo so desire it to be, Is Onitsha today a community within the South East not an Anioma community I ask? We may for certain reasons, clear or unclear ignore this but history will not because no one can turn back the hand of clock. An Anioma State would have been a full-fledged Igbo State for the Igbo, the great Chuba Okadigbo realized this before his death.

It is a fact that the Anioma people have never been in the agenda of the Igbo contrary to what an Igbo writer like Ogaranya Uju Nkwocha Afuleze tries to force down into our throats. We have now deeply understood from Emma Okocha that when the Republic of Biafra was declared as a secessionist State from Nigeria by Chukwuemeka Odimegwu-Ojukwu, Anioma was not included in the maps of Biafra, instead the declaration only claimed Onitsha, a part of Anioma community now lost to the South East but in the pogrom that accompanied this, Northerners did not spare Anioma people because historically, and to the best of their knowledge, Anioma are completely part of Igbo nation, the result was that we shared in the killings and maiming.

Some Igbo Historians have argued that the events that led to the civil war was caused by the Late Chukwuma Nzeogwu but these Historians fail to understand that first and foremost, Nzeogwu was not the leader of that coup, again he (Nzeogwu) only acted in reciprocity of the bad treatment and marginalization being manufactured by the Northerners and targeted at the Igbo, a race he felt he was part and parcel of but when the battle line was drawn, he quickly realized that he was not in the arrangement of Ojukwu when he was ostracized from the affairs of the then Biafran Republic. I have lost count of the number of Army Commanders of Anioma extraction Biafra had. We died for the lived and died for the Igbo during the Nigeria-Biafra War, in the history of the Biafran War today, there is no Igbo community singly or put together that died as a result of organized massacres than the Anioma communities.

Yet the rejection of Anioma people as proper Igbo or as “fake Igbo” peoplewho cannot speak Igbo properly has continued to this day.

“Again in the 2007 election, as a prelude to that charade, Prof. Pat Utomi {from Ibusa}, whose wife is from the East, went to OHANAEZE to solicit for support for his presidential ambition. Chief Orji Uzor Kalu also went to solicit for his too. A section of OHANAEZE that rejected Pat Utomi, gave me a terrible food for thought. One of them, according to some daily Nigerian newspapers’ reports, hankered abject adroitly : “Is he really a proper Igbo man? Look at him, he cannot even speak Igbo properly.” Others even insinuated that his name did not sound Igbo. I was shocked to the bone marrow.  I couldn’t believe what I was reading from prominent Igbo citizens.

Instead of asking the two candidates to present their programmes and manifestoes, they were busy hankering on whether one of them is a “proper Igbo” or not. I was shocked of words. If any Igbo person does not know the meaning of Utomi, then that person should take a suicidal dive into the river Niger.” (Igbos of Delta State and Crisis of Identity (Conclusion) by Ephraim Adinlofu

Interestingly, Pat Utomi is a member of Ohaneze Ndiigbo. We should never beg the Igbo to accept us as their kiths and kin rather the Anioma leaders should devise ways of wining the battles by taking the fate of the region in their hands, is the region must succeed. The status of Anioma is not strange in the polity of Nigeria, consider the seeming ethnic affinity existing between the Isoko and Urhobo, yet the Nigerian constitution and people recognize these as two distinct ethnic groups in the country. The case of Itsekiri who mixed with Benin and Yoruba as the Anioma are mixture of Bini and Igbo is also a case study here, the Itsekiri people are today distinctly an ethnic group separate from the Yoruba as well as Bini. When Peter Okocha was stabbed in the back, Ohaneze never collectively took up his course and addressed it. Instead he was abandoned to his fate.

It is for this reason that I totally disagree with the view of Ogaranya Uju Nkwucha Afuleze linking ethnicity to divinity thus:

“First, it is not up to them to say what they are and what they are not. When God created them, He did not ask them who they wanted to be. He just created them Igbo. The only way you'll know who belongs to what ethnic group in Nigeria is the name and what language the name comes from. Anybody whose name is Amadi or Onyeri, or Eke, or Odili, Wanodi (Nwanodi) does not need to tell you who he is. He is Igbo, his politics notwithstanding”

Perhaps I am the only one in this whole universe who knows that the activities of European Missionaries to Nigeria altered ethnicity and tribes in the country either due to their lack of understandings of these tribes or as a deliberate means of achieving their selfish aims and objects. And this act extends beyond the Nigerian confines. Much of the countries we today refer to as Arabs were never Arabs but were arabized, typical of these countries are Egypt, Syria, and Iran etc.

If a true organization capable of articulating the answers, responses and solutions to the challenges confronting the Anioma ethnicity emerges, the question of whether Anioma are Igbo or not will become a thing of past. This will also take care of the lack of leadership problem challenging the region today as a second factor confronting Anioma. If Ohaneze, Arewa and Oodua exist in Igbo land, North part of the nation and among the Yoruba, why cannot Anioma people sit down and devise a forum for championing the course of the region instead of relying on the Ohaneze’s assistances which never comes anyway?

The fate of Anioma people in the hands of Ijaw, Urhobo, Isoko and Itsekiri also need to be addressed. These our brothers in what is believed to be their own Delta State have arrogantly dominated us since the creation of State. While there is nothing to show in Anioma as part of Delta State, there is everything in these other areas to show they are the “core Deltans” At least warri is the unofficial and economic capital of the State while Oghara is the administrative capital. Chief Ibori made them so. This is purely because we are considered Delta Igbo in foreign lands. The Anioma people need to work harder towards the actualization of Anioma State, and only this will make our crisis of identity a thing of the past 

http://www.articlesbase.com/politics-articles/anioma-igbo-ijaw-itsekiri-urhobo-isoko-leave-us-alone-650412.html

lol you unbelievable, you derive so much joy from mischief.
EzeUche!:

my brother oo this people are just plain stupid.
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by Chyz2: 4:18am On Jun 08, 2011
EzeUche!:

All you have to focus on is Anioma and what effects anioma,my brother. cool. . .We Igbos are on an up and up.
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by ChinenyeN(m): 4:27am On Jun 08, 2011
EzeUche!:

Simple. Nonsense people should shut up after reading this.
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by maddock(m): 7:02am On Jun 08, 2011
If you are claiming the "delta ibos" are being short changed what would the ukwuani man say. The Ikas and the Aniochas are always given the juciest positions from whatever is meant for the aniomas with little or nothings left for the ndokwas. At times I feel so ashamed as an ndokwa man that seeing the state of backwardness of my area makes me feel like crying. So what the Igbos are doing to your so called aniomas is also the same thing that Ikas,oshimilis,aniochas are also doing to the ndokwas.
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by dempeople(m): 8:19am On Jun 08, 2011
EzeUche!:

I guess the first coup was not an Igbo coup then if the Delta Igbo are not Igbo. Nzeogwu is a Delta Igbo. . .  grin

One of the best responses I've ever read on NL. Ndigbo are on a conquest to take back what has been taken from them for decades.

The conquest is almost complete. It remains the seat of governor in Delta. By 2015, its either we have Anioma state by then or the governor seat. We already control Rivers state.

@Alj Harem, Ndigbo need hectares of land where they can graze sheep and cattle for export as well as for horticulture. Bornu state comes to mind. Boko Haram is working with Ndigbo round the clock to drive u guys out to enable us achieve our business objective. By this time in 2015 or before that, u shall be a bonafide citizen of Chad - somewhere on the other side of the lake!  wink
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by wesley80(m): 9:41am On Jun 08, 2011
What's the big deal about Ochei becoming the speaker anyway, the position has always been reserved for Delta north and if anything, it should worry you that the position is going to thesame class of unprincipled Delta North politicians whose only duty is to rubberstamp the will of the executive. From Oliseh Imegwu to Sam Obi and now Ochei, eachone is just as useless as the other.

dem_people:

The conquest is almost complete. It remains the seat of governor in Delta. By 2015, its either we have Anioma state by then or the governor seat. We already control Rivers state.

Dumb and ignorant statements like this are part of the reasons Delta Igbos have been repeatedly pushed into a corner in their state. Make no mistake about it, a future governor from the north of the state wld owe his allegiance to the state and as much as possible DISTANCE himself from groups as Ohaneze not cos he doesnt think he's Igbo but becos it is the right thing to do in an ethnically diverse state as Delta. Being seen to be sucking up to the will of another regionally dominant tribe would spell doom for Delta northerners.
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by dempeople(m): 10:26am On Jun 08, 2011
wesley80:

Dumb and ignorant statements like this are part of the reasons Delta Igbos have been repeatedly pushed into a corner in their state. Make no mistake about it, a future governor from the north of the state wld owe his allegiance to the state and as much as possible DISTANCE himself from groups as Ohaneze not cos he doesnt think he's Igbo but becos it is the right thing to do in an ethnically diverse state as Delta. Being seen to be sucking up to the will of another regionally dominant tribe would spell doom for Delta northerners.

My nwanne from Ndokwa take am easy na anyi anaghi anu ogu. A chorom ka unu nwe state nke unu. Oburozi ihe unu choro?
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by monkeyleg: 11:00am On Jun 08, 2011
@Wesley80,

This fire wey dey your eye never quench. small small you to quarell eith people. Anyway, how now? I thought Victor was part of Uduaghan's gang? So not quite sure if this is news worth celebrating, but make we dey look.

Dem done name new commisioners?
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by otokx(m): 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2011
Nothing worth celebrating yet but if Onyekachi is not an Igbo name then i don't know what gives.
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by wesley80(m): 1:21pm On Jun 08, 2011
dem_people:

My nwanne from Ndokwa take am easy na anyi anaghi anu ogu. A chorom ka unu nwe state nke unu. Oburozi ihe unu choro?

Biko eweniwe. Kanyi hapu godu okwu Anioma state for now.

monkeyleg:

@Wesley80,

This fire wey dey your eye never quench. small small you to quarell eith people. Anyway, how now? I thought Victor was part of Uduaghan's gang? So not quite sure if this is news worth celebrating, but make we dey look.

Dem done name new commisioners?

Lol, you know as e dey be for this forum na, sometimes first attack na the only way.
I dont think Uduaghan stormed out cos he was unhappy with the Speaker but at the attitude of the clerk (however he chooses to justify it) Ochei's ascension was almost certain considering he's about the oldest member in the house from the north. This guy has been there for just too long not to be Uduaghans pal. As for commissioners, e be like say him dey wait for Johnny boy first but maybe b4 the end of this week we'll know them .
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by rasputinn(m): 1:52pm On Jun 08, 2011
EzeUche!:

Good news in what senseThe people you call Delta Igbo(who by the way don't agree with you on that) have occupied that seat at least for the past 4 years.Martin Okonta is an Ika man (Delta Ibo) and was speaker from 2007 to 2009/2010 when he was impeached and Sam Obi(another Ika man) became speaker.This same Sam Obi was later to become acting governor for a few months,so what's the good news??not like this' the first time it's happening
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by wesley80(m): 2:18pm On Jun 08, 2011
maddock:

If you are claiming the "delta ibos" are being short changed what would the ukwuani man say. The Ikas and the Aniochas are always given the juciest positions from whatever is meant for the aniomas with little or nothings left for the ndokwas. At times I feel so ashamed as an ndokwa man that seeing the state of backwardness of my area makes me feel like crying. So what the Igbos are doing to your so called aniomas is also the same thing that Ikas,oshimilis,aniochas are also doing to the ndokwas.

I dont think you're quite right. The Aniocha's and co have always had the upper hand no doubt but you cant say the Ndokwa's have been denied their opportunities. At some point during the last dispensation, an Ndokwa town (name withheld lol) had her sons occupying the positions of Speaker of the state house of assembly, fed House of reps member, Commissioner of works, SSA to the governor, and had sons that had the ear of the governor like a renowned Prof and respected PDP elder as well as a retiredd Brig Gen who at some point was contesting the state's party chairmanship position. You'd be shocked that d same town (did i mention it is also an oil producing community) has no good road-a 4wd is a necessity not a luxury, no drinkable water except the Niger and other streams and the worst IMO, no electricity - not even connected to the national grid, While a gas plant a stones throw away evacuates over 400Mw of electricity which is stepped down in Obosi, Anambra state and fed into the national grid. And i forgot to add that the town in question is a Local govt. Headquarter! Now who do u blame in such a situation? Marginalisation or the community's political leaders?
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by friedrice1: 2:53pm On Jun 08, 2011
the same Ochei that was implicated squandering billions of Naira meant for the Delta State independent power project. One of Uduaghan's henchmen.
i thought the saying was "Warri no dey carry last" why are they still laggin in the scheme of things? Still ruled by the worst form of leadership Politics can offer
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by ak47mann(m): 3:57pm On Jun 08, 2011
tongue shocked
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by EzeUche1(m): 4:01pm On Jun 08, 2011
I thought Abia and Ebonyi were bad with this clan mentality. It seems like the Igbo of Delta state are more clannish than their brothers to the East. undecided
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by monkeyleg: 8:05pm On Jun 08, 2011
Folding hand and watching. Victor and uduaghan na Gang.

By the way Ibori's case is due to start on the 24th of June for those who want to buy ticket to go and see him defend himself. I will be there live.

Oh my sweet Delta state, RRapped and stretched like a common Harlot
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by AndreUweh(m): 9:24pm On Jun 08, 2011
wesley80:

There is no reason whatsoever why anything Igbo will scare you guys away. Anioma participation in Ohanaeze is purely cultural and should not worry you. Anioma elected leaders do not play any active role in Ohanaeze so why worry.
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by JomoGbomo2(m): 9:29pm On Jun 08, 2011
Must we sectionalise everything?
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by AndreUweh(m): 9:32pm On Jun 08, 2011
JomoGbomo2:

Must we sectionalise everything?
Noops, but some people do not feel comfortable when Igbo or Ohanaeze is mentioned even some who are themselves Igbo.
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by wesley80(m): 11:04pm On Jun 08, 2011
Andre Uweh:

There is no reason whatsoever why anything Igbo will scare you guys away. Anioma participation in Ohanaeze is purely cultural and should not worry you. Anioma elected leaders do not play any active role in Ohanaeze so why worry.

If you had taken an extra second to read the comment i was responding to, i'm sure you would've noticed there wasnt anything cultural in the posters comment as he sounded like Delta state was about to be the next frontier of Igbo conquest.

Andre Uweh:

Noops, but some people do not feel comfortable when Igbo or Ohanaeze is mentioned even some who are themselves Igbo.
This is like someone accusing u of not feeling comfortable whenever national unity or one Nigeria is mentioned. More like the proverbial 4 fingers pointing back at u each time u point one on someone.
People have valid reasons for choosing to hang on to their small peculiar identities - you of all people should know that. My being Igbo is no reason to disocciate myself from my not-so-igbo environment neither does it mean i'll have to despise my unique ethnic attributes. Its human nature to hold on to what makes you unique and i expect a sensible Igbo man to understand that.
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by ChinenyeN(m): 11:24pm On Jun 08, 2011
wesley80:

People have valid reasons for choosing to hang on to their small peculiar identities - you of all people should know that. My being Igbo is no reason to disocciate myself from my not-so-igbo environment neither does it mean i'll have to despise my unique ethnic attributes. Its human nature to hold on to what makes you unique and i expect a sensible Igbo man to understand that.
Plain and Simple.
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by igboboy1(m): 8:26am On Jun 09, 2011
Alhaki harem biko no dey put ur mouth for igbo things again, Aboki di ka gi,, tufiakwa.
Re: Onyekachi Ochei Emerges Speaker Delta House …uduaghan Storms Out On The House by enyojo(f): 8:35am On Jun 09, 2011
Is this how bad Uduaghan is or it is a photoshop?

(1) (Reply)

Lagosians Trek As Okada Ban, Fuel Scarcity Bite Harder / Nairaland @ 10: 10 Users That Shaped Nairaland Politics Section / Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.