Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? (16256 Views)

How Lucrative Is TIG Welding In Nigeria? / How Lucrative Is The Legal Profession? / How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by shigishege: 3:25pm On Nov 18, 2021
seunolu7:
Who swore for Nigerians on nairaland? Everything is job, job, job. No thread on how you people created a company that employed 15 people. No local initiative on startups, mergers, bootstrapping, and entering Nigerian stock market. Just look at india. All you clowns know is job, job, job. Can I get a job? Give me a job. Lol. Clowns.
Mr know it all. How many companies have you created.

9 Likes

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by Bimpe29: 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2021
It's really lucrative but to get the job opportunity is becoming harder.

1 Like

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by mayo47(m): 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2021
Doctors of business? Quite disagree

delejoye:
very lucrative. even as an accountant not chartered though am doing well. it all depends on your level of competence,intelligence and years of experience.
it will sure put food on your table even as a starter. Accountants are the Doctors of business.

2 Likes

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by ReeLoaDead(m): 3:27pm On Nov 18, 2021
It does not guarantee you a lucrative job but if you work hard and develop your career, like any other professional field, you can eventually make bank!

1 Like

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by ReeLoaDead(m): 3:27pm On Nov 18, 2021
mayo47:
Doctors of business? Quite disagree
I agree … that’s a stretch!
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by Dmeji4444(m): 3:28pm On Nov 18, 2021
Yes, couple with years of experience, it will put more than food on your table

1 Like

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by FemiZets(m): 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2021
Very lucrative, especially if you add an international dimension to it. For instance, in my firm where I'm a managing partner (UK), Graduates can expect to earn salaries of up to £40,000. During training, the average earning potential can be up to £65,000. The average annual salary for a chartered accountant is £84,500, with an average yearly bonus of £17,300.

3 Likes

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by Drefaithful(m): 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2021
arthurwillia:
So guys I’ve been wondering, chartered accountants every where, even my science guy has gone into ican and finished it already.. so I want to know how lucrative is it?

How easy is it for someone to get a job as a chartered accountant as a starter, like fresh out of school but already chartered?

Experienced people should answer...
Thanks

Almost every professional course is lucrative, but Accounting is one of the most lucrative amongst them. Due to the dynamic nature and available market for the course, the number of chartered Accountant in Nigeria till date is not more than 50k, with the population of 200m.
Accounting is only profession that allows non accountant in the field. Provided you passed the ICAN EXAM you are one.

I'm an accountant with almost 10 years of experience, I have so many friends who never read Accounting but they are doing great in the field. I have a friend he has 2:1 in Mechanical engineering, his Dad convinced him to enroll for ICAN, he obliged at the same time he was doing his M.eng, as soon as he completed the two, I told him that ICAN certificate will override his Masters in Mechanical engineering, he said no, though he loves Engineering than Accounting, as at today Accounting is what is bringing food to his table.

In the light of the above, provided you are sound in Calculation you can give ICAN a trial, though is very tough but it worth doing it.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by ednut1(m): 3:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
If you have a 2.1 get into an audit firm. In 3 to 4 years you will likely be a manager/assistant manager in a well paying company or be in an audit firm in uk chopping good money. Its all about being strategic

4 Likes

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by FFA: 3:40pm On Nov 18, 2021
I am a Chartered Accountant and very proud of my profession .

Very lucrative and prestigious ......

Over 2 decades of qualification l bless God for what I have achieved
and more things He will do.

ICAN " INTEGRITY AND ACCURACY"

5 Likes

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by miteolu(m): 3:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
Very lucrative.
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by arthurwillia(m): 3:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ajehkpako4naija:
it's lucrative, at least e better pass lawyer work...hahahahahahahaha charge and bail lawyer

Guy how far na Lol leave our affidavit guys oo

1 Like

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by daintyprincess(f): 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2021
ednut1:
If you have a 2.1 get into an audit firm. In 3 to 4 years you will likely be a manager/assistant manager in a well paying company or be in an audit firm in uk chopping good money. Its all about being strategic
What about those with 2.2
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by Klass99(f): 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2021
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by arthurwillia(m): 3:49pm On Nov 18, 2021
Drefaithful:

Almost every professional course is lucrative, but Accounting is one of the most lucrative amongst them. Due to the dynamic nature and available market for the course, the number of chartered Accountant in Nigeria till date is not more than 50k, with the population of 200m.
Accounting is only profession that allows non accountant in the field. Provided you passed the ICAN EXAM you are one.

I'm an accountant with almost 10 years of experience, I have so many friends who never read Accounting but they are doing great in the field. I have a friend he has 2:1 in Mechanical engineering, his Dad convinced him to enroll for ICAN, he obliged at the same time he was doing his M.eng, as soon as he completed the two, I told him that ICAN certificate will override his Masters in Mechanical engineering, he said no, though he loves Engineering than Accounting, as at today Accounting is what is bringing food to his table.

In the light of the above, provided you are sound in Calculation you can give ICAN a trial, though is very tough but it worth doing it.

Thank you.

Wow thank you so much for the in-depth explanation and first hand experience examples.. I appreciate your time..

I can see one can really give it a try. And it will pay off

But sir are you also chartered already? Or still in the process
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by arthurwillia(m): 3:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
seunolu7:
Who swore for Nigerians on nairaland? Everything is job, job, job. No thread on how you people created a company that employed 15 people. No local initiative on startups, mergers, bootstrapping, and entering Nigerian stock market. Just look at india. All you clowns know is job, job, job. Can I get a job? Give me a job. Lol. Clowns.
How many start ups you get abeg? How many merger you don merge? Low life online keypad warrior

5 Likes

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by dinodangana(m): 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2021
Being Chartered when Nigeria was less corrupt than this was a really lucrative and prestigious career, but right now having a chartered connection is key if you are looking for a job. 70 out of the 100% of us who started the journey are mostly employed in FIRS, CBN, PEF, NNPC, etc, and guess what, the 70% I'm talking about didn't even make it to the final stage of ICAN, the rest of us who qualified are either still jobless (like myself) or working for peanuts.
But as my one of my lecturers said, it's better you do it and know that u've done it so that when an opportunity comes it won't pass your door.

To answer your question, it is lucrative if you are in position, and my recommendation is, do it but do not depend on it!
With my MBA and ICAN, many ppl don't even know I am a university graduate because I hustle like I have none, but when the opportunity comes my papers will speak for themselves!
Cheers!

5 Likes

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by arthurwillia(m): 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2021
Harrykn:
I’m a scattered accountant in the making �
Scattered ke?

1 Like

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by arthurwillia(m): 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2021
amiibaby:
Not so very

Are you chartered?
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by arthurwillia(m): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Just the way they lie to you that BSC is less than msc or PhD.

Whereas whén you get the PhD you find out you have been duped.

Shine your eye, back then fslc was the highest degree, then something happened

Theñ JSC, then ssce, waec, etc.

Use your brain.

They keep moving the post. Know your worth.

After chartered accountant they would move the bar even higher till infinity.

Are you chartered? Anyone close to you chartered?
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by OvaSabi1(f): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
If you graduate young and with 2:1 and above, very lucrative. If not you're just wasting your time and money.

1 Like

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by dinodangana(m): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2021
That is not true, a friend of mine had 3rd class, got chartered, got an opportunity and he's doing well

OvaSabi1:
If you graduate young and with 2:1 and above, very lucrative. If not you're just wasting your time and money.
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by arthurwillia(m): 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2021
FemiZets:
Very lucrative, especially if you add an international dimension to it. For instance, in my firm where I'm a managing partner (UK), Graduates can expect to earn salaries of up to £40,000. During training, the average earning potential can be up to £65,000. The average annual salary for a chartered accountant is £84,500, with an average yearly bonus of £17,300.

Lol boss you’ve gone far oo!! We are talking of Naija now? And is there anyway that a chartered accountant can be recognized in uk?
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by OvaSabi1(f): 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2021
daintyprincess:

What about those with 2.2

2:2 without ican and above 25, you would find it extremely difficult in the labour market without connections.
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by arthurwillia(m): 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
FFA:
I am a Chartered Accountant and very proud of my profession .

Very lucrative and prestigious ......

Over 2 decades of qualification l bless God for what I have achieved
and more things He will do.

ICAN " INTEGRITY AND ACCURACY"

Wow please can I link up with you your mail please
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by Naijabad: 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2021
I wouldn't have been where I am today without ICAN.

After qualification, make sure you add some skills relevant to accounting such as excel skill, Sound knowledge of IFRS, Good knowledge of Nigerian tax laws and how to defend tax position, Knowledge of international finance, know how to recover excess bank charges from dubious banks (because 90% of Nigerian Banks are dubious), etc.

If you are good at the above, you will consult for other companies aside your primary place of employment.

What I have earned from side hustle is far more than what I currently earn per month, all thanks to FCA after my name.

As per difficulty, ICAN of today is one of the easiest exams any slowpoke can pass.

4 Likes

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by arthurwillia(m): 4:04pm On Nov 18, 2021
dinodangana:
Being Chartered when Nigeria was less corrupt than this was a really lucrative and prestigious career, but right now having a chartered connection is key if you are looking for a job. 70 out of the 100% of us who started the journey are mostly employed in FIRS, CBN, PEF, NNPC, etc, and guess what, the 70% I'm talking about didn't even make it to the final stage of ICAN, the rest of us who qualified are either still jobless (like myself) or working for peanuts.
But as my one of my lecturers said, it's better you do it and know that u've done it so that when an opportunity comes it won't pass your door.

To answer your question, it is lucrative if you are in position, and my recommendation is, do it but do not depend on it!
With my MBA and ICAN, many ppl don't even know I am a university graduate because I hustle like I have none, but when the opportunity comes my papers will speak for themselves!
Cheers!

Hmm wow that’s a lot.. thanks
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by budaatum: 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2021
arthurwillia:

Ok Boss Sir
So why say it’s not lucrative if your sister is doing well?

No course is lucrative in its own right. You got to put in work to make it lucrative for you. I know chartered accoutants who are struggling too.

1 Like

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by daintyprincess(f): 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2021
OvaSabi1:

2:2 without ican and above 25, you would find it extremely difficult in the labour market without connections.
Okay ma

Thank you
Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by Laxy009(m): 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2021
I’m a Chartered Accountant .

I’m proud to be a member of this noble profession . It’s lucrative so far you’re ready to pay the price.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by seunpas: 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2021
Not that Lucrative

But can position you for opportunities.

At times those that are not even Chartered are more successful, it depends on the company you find yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Chartered Accountancy? How Lucrative Is It? by OvaSabi1(f): 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2021
daintyprincess:

Okay ma

Thank you

Best thing is to start working on your ican or anan. Also be humble and ready start small and before you know it, you're climbing the ladder quickly after a few years.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's Affecting My Productivity? My Mindset, My Location, Or My Village People / How To Cope With A 9 To 5 When You Are Not A Morning Person / Have You Been Shouted At By A Subordinate At Work Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.