Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer (61384 Views)

If Wizkid Were The One Who Did The ₦1 Million Challenge (An Opinion) / What I Observed From Davido 1 Million Challenge / Boy Wins Davido's N1 Million Give Away On Stage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by Islie: 2:08pm On Nov 18, 2021
Multiple awarding winning popstar, Davido, has been trending on the Nigerian social media space for hours after he asked his friends and fans to donate N1m each to him for his birthday.

Fans and followers thought the singer and songwriter was joking when he posted a video on his Instagram story, calling on those he had helped in the music industry to send him a million naira each.

Davido said, “We rise by lifting others abi? Me I don dey rise dey lifting others for the past 100 years. So, I want to know who my friends are. All of my friends one one million Naira. They said we are 30BG. If you don’t send your own. You out of here. You are gone (sic).”

However, he received over N53m in cash transfers in less than one hour after asking colleagues for N1m. So far, the pop star has gotten about N150m.

Some of his donors include Nigerian businessmen, Obi Cubana and Femi Otedola. The singer, however, did not disclose the amount sent to him from the likes of Femi Otedola, Obi Cubana, E-Money, Patoranking, and some others.

Celebrities that gifted Davido N1m includes Zlatan Ibile, Adekunle Gold, Mr Eazi, Nengi, Chike, Teni, Charles of Play, Cubana Chiefpriest, Naira Marley, M.I, Phyno, Eniola Badmus, Nasboi, Sydney Talker, and Peruzzi.

Others are Pasuma, Toke Makinwa, Don Jazzy, Focalistic, Ned Okonkwo, Ubi Franklin, Bella Shmurda, Friday Osanebi, Rema, Tunde Ednut, Larry Gaaga, Dorathy Bachor, Bizzle Osikoya, among others.

Brands that donated to Davido include Kolaq Alagbo, Munch It, TravelBeta, among others.

Kid comedians, Ikorodu Bois, however, sent the singer a sum of N5000 while Baba Ali sent N1.5m. Musician and singer, MC Galaxy, sent N3m while Oba Elegushi sent N5m to the singer.

Davido’s baby mama, Sophia Momodu, also sent money to the singer. However, he did not disclose the amount sent.

The singer further took to his verified Twitter account to announce that the bank he opened the account with for the fundraising, Wema Bank, wants to have a meeting with him.

Davido tweeted, “Wema wanna have a meeting.”

However, as the fundraiser got heated, the bank hopped on the trend and made a post online with the inscription, “Na bank wey Davido dey use we go dey use now.”

More so, the singer tweeted that he was emotional due to the overwhelming show of love. He wrote, “I’m actually crying !! Just be good to pple man !!!! God ! I really love you guys man.” (sic)

https://punchng.com/n100m-challenge-wema-bank-wants-to-meet-with-me-davido/

82 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by Bola146(f): 2:10pm On Nov 18, 2021
grin old school bank, he has already adverticed them for free

257 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by Maxymilliano(m): 2:17pm On Nov 18, 2021
Bola146:
grin old school bank, he has already adverticed them for free
His Dad is a board member of Wema bank and one of the highest shareholders.

Davido is promoting his family interest. Simple!

801 Likes 57 Shares

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by bcomputer101: 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2021
Bill WEMA BANK 25million for this advert.

Abeg, shey Wizkid won't give his own 1m?
Abi alaye don broke?

Even of na 314,000 Naira remain for em account, make he send am.

DAVIDO to the world...
FEM!

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by Kriss216: 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2021
. Davido’s baby mama, Sophia Momodu, also sent money to the singer. However, he did not disclose the amount sent.
Sent HIM money from HIS money. Wise woman.

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by IamNumeroUno: 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
Davido's marketing team is one of the best in the music Industry.

There are few people who broke into limelight over ten years ago and are still this relevant.
If I am not mistaken, he broke out the same time with the likes of Skales, Kelly Handsome, etcetera. While he might not be the best in terms of content, he has mastered the showbiz and knows how to stay relevant.

This stunt alone forces a financial institution to want a meeting. He created value, thus the need to be compensated. The bank even gave him #1 million, a Nigerian bank "dash" customer one million naira!
The guy knows how to stay relevant.

304 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by athaboi(f): 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
I'm even thinking Davido and wema planned this whole thing as advert

124 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by GIANTPLUSHUB: 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
Mheen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by calculator123(m): 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
So in this case, Wema wants to see him and not the other way around? Ever wondered why his account wasn't flagged to stop money laundering? Because rules are for the poor. When you're big, you're big. In all that getting, get money.

Money breeds respect, don't allow an old man tell you otherwise

69 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by noble71(m): 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
Alart by Wema is actually one of the best banking app.

135 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by drizslim(m): 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
Same way my department invited me to defend my first class

Do am if e easy

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2021
Okay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
Banks don't joke with money...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by EmmanuelScott1(m): 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
bcomputer101:
Bill WEMA BANK 25million for this advert.

Abeg, shey Wizkid won't give his own 1m?
Abi alaye don broke?

Even of na 314,000 Naira remain for em account, make he send am.

DAVIDO to the world...
FEM!

Mr. Man shut up okay, wizkid nah mature dude, how many times have you seen him talk, common to update he won award, he no fit.
You can't change his way, okay

Davido nah cruise king from day 1, all the slangs wey dey reign for naija, almost from his mouth.

No be everybody get pride to dey hype himself, wether he help or not. Everybody get his own way of life.

So stop comparing

182 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by Ekeseges(f): 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
Fidelity all the way

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by Mrglobal1: 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
cooll

1 Like

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
In Nigeria, a fool is born every second. Davido dey do advert for Wema Bank. Em papa na major share holder. Nigerians never still wise

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by deepwater(f): 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
Person wey him family get share for wema bank!!!

This is the same way our politicians go out in full force for one another.

If you are not in their circle you can never profit from them.

But abeg make una no vex
Wetin de give me galaxy money ??
She na sekem sekem undecided

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by sirblend: 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
Yahoo boys might have made some fraudulent transfers to his account.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by BigDawsNet: 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
grin

Wizzy
Burna
Terry G
Orezi
Daddy Showkey

From Davido board and management...we are waiting for your alerts

3 Likes

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by peacettw: 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
Don't know why I am genuinely happy for Davido but feel nothing but angst towards Psquare particularly.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by wisdom042(m): 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
They have no option than to meet him after free advert

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by money121(m): 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by Arieljay(f): 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
What a creative advert idea by wema bank,now they both smiling to the bank,I knew since yesterday this was an #ad for the bank�

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
MARKETING don set

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by Mbataku96(m): 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
It's good to be good

2 Likes

Re: Davido N1 Million Challenge: Wema Bank To Meet With Singer by Lastmankc(m): 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
Why sapa dey mend men here

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Munachi Abii Flaunts Cleavage In Bedroom Photo / Regina Daniels Shares Swimsuit Photos / "If You Like Beating Your Wife, Come Try This One"- Alibaba Dares Wife Beaters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.