Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,780 members, 7,806,158 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos (3162 Views)

God Removed A Military Ruler Who Acted Like He Owned Nigeria - Pastor Adeboye / Al-Mustapha: 56 People Eating Nigeria Like Termites / Anthony Attah: Decade Of Gas Initiative Will Transform Nigeria Into A Gas Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by MrMaestro: 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2021
Igboland:

Why not tell Nigeria your preferred candidate n let see how much he transformed his state or how much he generated as IGR so we can compare the with Tinubu.
Agree 100%. The days of lip service is over. If you have another candidate that’s better. List their ACCOMPLISHMENTS and let’s compare. I could care less if you like them or not or how they make you feel.

3 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Hashabiah: 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2021
[s]
Igboland:

Why not tell Nigeria your preferred candidate n let see how much he transformed his state or how much he generated as IGR so we can compare the with Tinubu.
[/s]This is not about "preferred candidates " and imaginary IGRs . It's about the future of our country in the hands of criminals like Tinubu
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 18, 2021
MrMaestro:
Lagos was no where close to where it was now. And didn’t have the level of IGR growth Tinubu brought to it. That’s just a statistical fact.

And to answer your question, there isn’t another candidate that comes close to his ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Emotions aside. If you all want to continue to suffer by electing incompetent fools that can only give you lip service and make you feel good. Go right ahead. But if you want a strong competent leader that will do what it takes to get Nigeria into a better position either due to genuine care for the country or simply based on his own ego of being great (which is fine with me), then the answer is clear. It’s Tinubu by a mile.

Otherwise, give me an alternative candidate and list their accomplishments. I’ll patiently wait.

Does Tinubu have a magic wand?

The same magic wand that Buhari had to lower dollars rate
To the magic power to jail looters or integrity
Or osinbanjo rumored powers to speak to criminals and make them give their life to christ, or the magic wisdom...
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by MrMaestro: 6:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
Thinkam:

Does Tinubu have a magic wand?

The same magic wand that Buhari had to lower dollars rate
To the magic power to jail looters or integrity
Or osinbanjo rumored powers to speak to criminals and make them give their life to christ, or the magic wisdom...
Or Peter Obis magic wand to not declare assets while in office to hide his funds. Or Atikus magic wand in all the criminal activities he’s been a part of? If you want to go there people can go there with every politician in Nigeria . But I can tell you when it comes to accomplishments no other comes close. If they did you would’ve listed them already.

3 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by slimfit1(m): 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2021
Tunde Fashola did don't lie Tinubu didn't do anything. The small infrastructure you see Fashola made it happen. Since he left its useless project we are seeing every where and foolish people with useless praises of useless governors.
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2021
MrMaestro:
Or Peter Obis magic wand to not declare assets while in office to hide his funds. Or Atikus magic wand in all the criminal activities he’s been a part of? If you want to go there people can go there with every politician in Nigeria . But I can tell you when it comes to accomplishments no other comes close. If they did you would’ve listed them already.

This is about Tinubu, he's not better than those you mentioned
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by yorubakid: 6:21pm On Nov 18, 2021
But tinubu is from osun state na.maybe he needs to transform osun first before transforming Nigeria..He should go back to his state and make lively first before talking about Nigeria. Agberos are everywhere in Lagos . Go to any bustop in Lagos and see imported able yoruba men from osun, ekiti,Oyo extorting drivers the little they had made for the day and this have caused increase in transport fare in Lagos
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by bjdon: 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2021
Alpha Beta will be responsible for ALL tax collections in Nigeria. His daughter will be in charge of ALL markets in Nigeria. President Tinubu? Never!!
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by aremuforlife(m): 7:26pm On Nov 18, 2021
BKayy:

The same way whatever anybody that will later save Abia state will be termed as continuation of T. A Orji and OUK by their urchins.

Oga give honour to whom honour is due.
Whatever happened is Lagos is Fashola's sweat.
Whatever happens in lagos start from Tinubu, I don't when you are born, but I was of age when Tinubu took over from the military in 1999, go and check lagos state master plan, who plan it and when was it plan, go back and check how much lagos state generates before Tinubu and how much Tinubu change it to.
Even Fashola will neve agree with you.

4 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by aremuforlife(m): 7:28pm On Nov 18, 2021
yorubakid:
But tinubu is from osun state na.maybe he needs to transform osun first before transforming Nigeria..He should go back to his state and make lively first before talking about Nigeria. Agberos are everywhere in Lagos . Go to any bustop in Lagos and see imported able yoruba men from osun, ekiti,Oyo extorting drivers the little they had made for the day and this have caused increase in transport fare in Lagos
Tinubu did not rule over osun state, he has never held any political office aside Lagos, I don't know why you felt your miserable live was caused by Tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by BKayy: 7:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
aremuforlife:

Whatever happens in lagos start from Tinubu, I don't when you are born, but I was of age when Tinubu took over from the military in 1999, go and check lagos state master plan, who plan it and when was it plan, go back and check how much lagos state generates before Tinubu and how much Tinubu change it to.
Even Fashola will neve agree with you.
Lagos was Nigerias former capital remember?
Planned by the whites.
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by aremuforlife(m): 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
BKayy:

Lagos was Nigerias former capital remember?
Planned by the whites.
Was it as great as today?
Calaba was formal capital of Nigeria
Abuja is the present capital of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by BKayy: 7:40pm On Nov 18, 2021
aremuforlife:

Was it as great as today?
Calaba was formal capital of Nigeria
Abuja is the present capital of Nigeria
Lagos was better then than today if you must know. Statistics say as much.
I think this might help you
https://www.nairaland.com/929914/pictures-lagos-before-crude-oil

As for Calabar and Abuja, are they in anyway bad?
Even Calabar that wasn't capital for long is still as beautiful.
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by nku5: 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2021
Tinubu could not provide Lagos ordinary pipeborne water. His only achievement is making thuggery. Now he is quite old he should have handed over to his political successors instead of doing godfather up and down like agbaya
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Gaabasky: 7:50pm On Nov 18, 2021
To be frank he really lay down the foundation.

Lagos was a mess before 1999. Though the process started from Marwa but Tinubu catalysed the development.
Lagos had ports and alot before but it was a serious messed up state.

I was born grown up. The only better area in Lagos as at them was V I and some part of Ikoyi. Others was dirty

3 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by yorubakid: 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2021
aremuforlife:

Tinubu did not rule over osun state, he has never held any political office aside Lagos, I don't know why you felt your miserable live was caused by Tinubu.
Charity they say starts from home, his people in osun state are suffering,he needs to go there and help them out..
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by khadaffi(m): 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2021
Thinkam:
This is the message on the lips of every Tinubu follower...

But is that really the selling point of Tinubu?
How possible is it really to transform every part of Nigeria to be like Lagos...

This just reminds me of all the unachievable promises and statements that Buhari and osinbanjo rode to power!

Will Tinubu duplicate all the revenue sources in lagos all over Nigeria?
Seaport, oil companies Hq, taxation, huge population

I don't think that's feasible...

So How will Tinubu transform Nigeria like Lagos ?

You see lets be clear on one point.
Tinubu did not change Lagos when he was governor. If the system was working, he would have been jailed like Lucky Igbinedion and Ibori of delta state. The normal phenomenon during their dispensation was for governors to loot and every governor in Nigeria during that period was a thief. Quote me on that. Before Tinubu became governor Lagos state was not broke. The people also loved the previous military administrator in the person of Marwa. Now let me ask you: was Marwa a thief or a good administrator. The reason Lagosians seem to always like their administrators is because the state itself is rich so the governor's have enough to loot and also work with. The same thing happened in Delta state during Ibori's dispensation: even though the man stole, he also worked and the people were happy with him. Please forget Tinubu. The biggest mistake Nigerians can make now is to make that man president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by aremuforlife(m): 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2021
BKayy:

Lagos was better then than today if you must know. Statistics say as much.
I think this might help you
https://www.nairaland.com/929914/pictures-lagos-before-crude-oil

As for Calabar and Abuja, are they in anyway bad?
Even Calabar that wasn't capital for long is still as beautiful.
Do you want to compare Calaba and Abuja to Lagos?
In all aspects, they are below Lagos state.
Lagos is growing, lagos of yesterday was not as good Lagos of today.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by aremuforlife(m): 8:15pm On Nov 18, 2021
yorubakid:

Charity they say starts from home, his people in osun state are suffering,he needs to go there and help them out..
Tinubu is more Lagos than been Osun

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by FarahAideed: 8:16pm On Nov 18, 2021
What did he transform Lagos into? The worst city on earth ?
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Jlow2: 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2021
MC oluomo go be minister of fct, agbero work go sweet die
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 18, 2021
khadaffi:

You see lets be clear on one point.
Tinubu did not change Lagos when he was governor. If the system was working, he would have been jailed like Lucky Igbinedion and Ibori of delta state. The normal phenomenon during their dispensation was for governors to loot and every governor in Nigeria during that period was a thief. Quote me on that. Before Tinubu became governor Lagos state was not broke. The people also loved the previous military administrator in the person of Marwa. Now let me ask you: was Marwa a thief or a good administrator. The reason Lagosians seem to always like their administrators is because the state itself is rich so the governor's have enough to loot and also work with. The same thing happened in Delta state during Ibori's dispensation: even though the man stole, he also worked and the people were happy with him. Please forget Tinubu. The biggest mistake Nigerians can make now is to make that man president.

VERY True
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 18, 2021
Jlow2:
MC oluomo go be minister of fct, agbero work go sweet die

His tenure will be filled with impunity
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 19, 2021
FarahAideed:
What did he transform Lagos into? The worst city on earth ?

They say Lagos is Great Because of him

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Anago55: 6:34am On Nov 19, 2021
MrMaestro:
Lagos was no where close to where it was now. And didn’t have the level of IGR growth Tinubu brought to it. That’s just a statistical fact.

And to answer your question, there isn’t another candidate that comes close to his ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Emotions aside. If you all want to continue to suffer by electing incompetent fools that can only give you lip service and make you feel good. Go right ahead. But if you want a strong competent leader that will do what it takes to get Nigeria into a better position either due to genuine care for the country or simply based on his own ego of being great (which is fine with me), then the answer is clear. It’s Tinubu by a mile.

Otherwise, give me an alternative candidate and list their accomplishments. I’ll patiently wait.
. You no just get shame for body

Looks like they have started sharing you guys data to litter cyberspace with your god Tinubu praise. I can't believe I am sharing same space with mo.rons
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by durangokid: 7:13am On Nov 19, 2021
MrMaestro:

. Who Tinubu? A tribal jingoist again? There is no difference between Tinubu and Buhari, and this is why the economy of if the country is down like this, because buhari targeted to destroy Igbo people businesses thereby destroying Nigerian economy, the same thing Tinubu did when he was governor of Lagos state, frequently closing Igbo business premesis including markets, if not late Abraham Adesanya was intervening Tinubu wanted to close alaba and aspanda and many Igbo markets indefinitely because the refused to accept his imposed market leadership, what did he do later, he now used his daughter as the iya Oga in Lagos, and every interval he will tax and even destroy Igbo business in Lagos, there is no difference between Tinubu and buhari, , like I always say if Yoruba people says Igbo hate Tinubu then something is wrong with Tinubu, is it not the same case with buhari, igbos are never wrong in their judgement
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 19, 2021
Hashabiah:
Tinubu that could'nt change Oshodi is the one that wants to change Nigeria ...? Mtchww. I still thank God for the likes of Fashola and Amobode who came to clean up his mess. If not, Lagos would have been another èwèdu joint in yoruba land

That's how you know Yoruba-hating ingrates and immigrants to Lagos. "Ewedu joint" indeed your ignorant and hateful people are trooping into in their thousands daily.

Tinubu "could'nt change Oshodi" ? I have to ask how many years you have known Oshodi ala before and after.

Tinubu created the masterplan and worked with successors to achieve it but I don't expect a hateful and ignorant economic migrant to Lagos to know this fact.

Ultimately, it is easier for some of you to confess you hate the man because of sectional bias than keep coming out with these shameless lies daily.

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Hashabiah: 7:28am On Nov 19, 2021
Dsalvo:

That's how you know immigrants to Lagos. Tinubu could not change Oshodi? I havd to ask how many years you have known Oshodi ala before and after. What a joke.

Easier for some of you to confess you hate the man becausd of sectjonal bias than keep coming out with these shameless lies daily.
See this nonsense that was just born yesterday . Where were you in 2000 when Oshodi was a slum? Back then, if you were coming from Sam Ethnan Airforce base, you would see and smell the stench that plagued Oshodi . In fact, you dare not pass that place because of thugs and area boys that Tinubu placed there . Even all the way to down to Mushin , thugs were running amok under the leadership of Tinubu.

I understand you are only supporting the criminal because of the crumbs he feeds you and your family . But learn to argue based on facts that are free from hunger-driven motives
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 19, 2021
Hashabiah:
See this nonsense that was just born yesterday . Where were you in 2000 when Oshodi was a slum? Back then, if you were to coming from Sam Ethnan Airforce base, you would see and smell the stench that plagued Oshodi . In fact, you dare not pass that place because of thugs and area boys that Tinubu placed there . Even all the way to down to Mushin , thugs were running amok under the leadership of Tinubu.

I understand you are only supporting the criminal because of the crumbs he feeds you and your family . But learn to argue based on facts that are free from hunger-driven motives

Like I said, you're an ignorant and hateful immigrant so I don't expect you to know Lagos had a masterplan initiated by Tinubu, spanning decades, which means, naturally, many thing will be achieved beyond his 8 years tenure.

Sanwo Olu is there today and he will contribute to the holisfic masterplan delivered by Tinubu. His successor will then carry on when he leaves office.

I know planning beyond today, let alone decades ahead, is an alien concept where you come from but try, now and then, to learn from those far better than you instead of opening tribalistic mouth to criticise ignorantly and mischievously.

1 Like

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Gbajure(m): 7:46am On Nov 19, 2021
Hashabiah:
[s][/s]This is not about "preferred candidates " and imaginary IGRs . It's about the future of our country in the hands of criminals like Tinubu

But you haven't said anything
Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Gbajure(m): 7:47am On Nov 19, 2021
Hashabiah:
See this nonsense that was just born yesterday . Where were you in 2000 when Oshodi was a slum? Back then, if you were to coming from Sam Ethnan Airforce base, you would see and smell the stench that plagued Oshodi . In fact, you dare not pass that place because of thugs and area boys that Tinubu placed there . Even all the way to down to Mushin , thugs were running amok under the leadership of Tinubu.

You are a liar. Anyway Igbos are nursed with lying, dishonesty and hatred. So a man that become governor in may 1999 is the one that made a slum out of Oshodi in 2000. U know nothing about Lagos or governance.

2 Likes

Re: How Tinubu Will Transform Nigeria Like He Did Lagos by Hashabiah: 7:48am On Nov 19, 2021
Gbajure:

But you haven't said anything
What is there to say when your mind is already centred on Tinubu being the only person ? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hear This Statement About Tinubu And Save It / Co / Enugu: Ette Community Endorses Ugwuanyi For Senate, Peter Mbah, PDP Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.