Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion (4093 Views)

CBN: Enaira Will Make Government Be Able To Send Payments To Citizens Directly / P&ID Representatives Plead Guilty To Fraud, Tax Evasion / Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by NwaNimo1(m): 6:54pm On Nov 18, 2021
Speaking during a webinar organised by the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria, its president, Adesina Adedayo, said that tax evasion would be reduced with the introduction of eNaira.

“With the implementation of the eNaira, it is expected that ultimately, tax evasion will be minimal as it seeks to ensure the traceability of tax assets and enforces transparency in the taxation system, thereby increasing government revenue,” Mr Adebayo said.

eNaira is a digital currency issued and regulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria. The government promised that it would provide a fast, safe, and simple transaction to the Nigerian citizens.

CITN Taxation Faculties Coordinating Dean Dr Mark Abani said that the institute’s latest priority was to educate the public about the importance of adopting the eNaira in their transactional activities.

Dr Abani claimed that eNaira would add $29 billion to the Gross Domestic Product of Nigeria over the next decade. He underlined the government’s optimism that the adoption of the eNaira would improve commerce and financial inclusion in the country.

Bloomberg reported on Monday that 488,000 people had downloaded the eNaira wallet app. The central bank digital currency had also been used for NGN 62 million (US$150,000) in transactions, according to Osita Nwanisobi, a spokesman for the Nigerian Central Bank.

CBN Governor Godwin Emefiele said during the launch of the electronic currency that Nigeria had minted about $1.2 million eNaira.
https://politicsnigeria.com/enaira-will-help-combat-tax-evasion-says-citn-president/

1 Like

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by GenAbacha(m): 7:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
Lol

Where do these people get these ideas from sef?

18 Likes

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by lamentor78(m): 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2021
Imbeciles full these government

22 Likes

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by inoki247: 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2021
lol Clueless people so na bkuz of Tax all na create E Naira...

So if dem ask me wetin b d advantage of E Naira na wetin I go dey tell people b diz...

it seems this people don't know something's they say outside makes dem look laik a certified fool....

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by Orogi: 5:11am On Nov 19, 2021
Lori Iro

2 Likes

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by olisefom: 5:11am On Nov 19, 2021
No wahala. Come tie my hand download am.

The people in this government are something else. My then principal will say, it is only when two good heads meet that they become better than one (the heads in this government get as e be). This same Enaira that people are skeptical about since its introduction...this is how you want to convince people to subscribe to it. Na wa o.

11 Likes

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by Theelders: 5:13am On Nov 19, 2021
Nigerian govt and their strategies…. Always backward…

5 Likes

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by helinues: 5:13am On Nov 19, 2021
May be, may be not
Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:15am On Nov 19, 2021
Oga Ask yourself Is this a pro or a con to the ordinary Nigerian poor masses

5 Likes

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by adioolayi(m): 5:16am On Nov 19, 2021
lamentor78:

grin grin grin How Una dey reason this kain comments sef grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by Millz404(m): 5:20am On Nov 19, 2021
Is it not until i have dowloaded and funded it before you will see what to take as tax?

7 Likes

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by fkj950ax(m): 5:26am On Nov 19, 2021
How?
Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by charixel: 5:27am On Nov 19, 2021
Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by 1Alex: 5:27am On Nov 19, 2021
I transferred ₦5k to my e-naira speed wallet since Tuesday, today is Friday yet the money has not dropped on the wallet.

6 Likes

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by Poopypants: 5:28am On Nov 19, 2021
How to demarket the Enaira 101..

Imagine saying this to citizens that already feel the government is ripping them off .

5 Likes

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by digitite: 5:37am On Nov 19, 2021
I believe that the eNaira will be better for the future of the Digital Economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by owagbeba: 6:02am On Nov 19, 2021
Is it a digital currency or a wallet?

What’s the value of 1 eNaira to USD?

Is it pegged to Naira?

Can I pay someone in Canada with eNaira?

Do oversea exchange houses accept eNaira?

2 Likes

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by Badonasty(m): 6:21am On Nov 19, 2021
Lol...how many people don download am? How many people dey even use am?

1 Like

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by bendike: 6:43am On Nov 19, 2021
1Alex:
I transferred ₦5k to my e-naira speed wallet since Tuesday, today is Friday yet the money has not dropped on the wallet.
And I guess when you call customer care to complain, na one civil servant that will talk to you anyhow assuming the call is picked in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by Tenshades(m): 6:55am On Nov 19, 2021
The real reasons for the creation of eNaira are coming out gradually.

As long as this government is concerned, transparency is zero!

1 Like

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by kaymart: 7:00am On Nov 19, 2021
Un-impressed...

1 Like

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by Kajaard: 7:08am On Nov 19, 2021
1Alex:

It would have been better for you to have bought suya with that money instead.

6 Likes

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by samistry(m): 7:26am On Nov 19, 2021
Thank you our darling daddy for bringing this innovation that has no value nor benefit whatsoever. We at vulturegrillers are happy and will continue to shout sai barber till 2027. Anoufia.

1 Like

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 19, 2021
Digital currency no be crypto... stupid confused agbada nd suit men that would have lift ban on crypto then the collect tax from companies running it ,see Vietnam,u.s ,elsavado...na only religion dem de learn from which carry fr head

2 Likes

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by almarthins(m): 8:01am On Nov 19, 2021
lamentor78:

I tell u no be small. Foolhardy set of human being. I jus dey laugh. I go jus abadon d account wey I link to e naira. Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by purefacti(m): 8:02am On Nov 19, 2021
when i said it when it was launched people called me daft anything that has to do with this government is for their own advantage they don't care for the masses and they will never care so why promote their useless priority for them to milk u dry in turn

1 Like

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by almarthins(m): 8:05am On Nov 19, 2021
1Alex:

You get mind o! U dey trusting. Abeg dey pray say make ur money no vanish into thin air. Always Remember that Nigeria is a fantastic country with no limit to heart touch stories.

3 Likes

Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by Emmanuelcann: 9:28am On Nov 19, 2021
Yes, even kidnappers will become taxable!
Re: Adesina Adedayo: Enaira Will Help Combat Tax Evasion by mailemy(m): 9:40am On Nov 19, 2021
NwaNimo1:

https://politicsnigeria.com/enaira-will-help-combat-tax-evasion-says-citn-president/

Pls what's the difference btw e-naira and my usual bank app?
Could anyone help me out

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of The Day. Wike And Brown Envelope. / Charly Boy Accused Of Owing Landlady 7 Years Rent / Watch: Angry Kano Residents Stone Helicopter In Buhari’s Convoy During Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.