Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century (28199 Views)

The Ordeal Of A Headmaster / “This Lady Inside The Bus Was Rubbing My Leg” – Man Narrates His Ordeal / Advice Needed.. Should I Quit Or Remain In This Kind Of Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by debbydams(f): 11:29am On Nov 30, 2021
DarkCaesar:
Let the Son of Man take his seat while waiting for others to tune in……….shey relationship stress self no dey taya una grin
ori e tie daru cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by debbydams(f): 11:32am On Nov 30, 2021
Senomi:
That's y I've over standardized myself, I already hv high expectations for the kind of person I'm going to date, if ur not cut out for it or I don't observe at least 60% of those standards then I'll just ghost, I now get angered unnecessarily whenever a guy stops me in my mind I'm like wetin dis one wan talk again, nairaland has made me understand how nigerian men reason and and their thoughts about women so I don already make up my mind anything wey anybody wan do make dem carry on but as for me I'll just keep observing from afar and for a long time make the bullshit and tears no reach me, I already hv a lot of goals and what is giving me sleepless nights is how to execute them, anything relationship matter na till they kingdom come I don leave dat one for all of una
it is well
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by DarkCaesar(m): 11:48am On Nov 30, 2021
debbydams:
ori e tie daru cheesy
cool
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by JOACHINpedro: 10:01am On Dec 21, 2021
This is a nice topic.
Hypergamy, expectations and polygamy has killed relationship.
Like modernization, we can do little or nothing about it.
Everyone should just live his/her best.
Me I'm learning to fall in love with myself. Outside is scary for commitment and I don't fancy jumping from qussy to qussy.
Quest now is to be happy without involving another party

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by olaitann93(m): 10:56am On Jan 09, 2022
debbydams:
Dating pool is now a mess right now, a big mess if u are already married, God has saved you, if u are in a serious relationship u with someone who's goin to marry you are very luck lucky, alot of us are relationship but single, you think you are dating someone but the person is not even dating you, I think we need to talk about how damaged alot of us are, how materialistic we have become,

how sex obsessed most of us are, how selfish? "I deserve the best" yes you are but while you deserve the best , is your partner getting the best as well?
Our generation is just too selfish.
It is always about 'you'
You want your partner to accept you the way you are but you are a bag of negativity and emotional liability, you are unstable, you are selfish, you don't look inside,you never tell yourself the truth and you want your partner to accept you when u are not even to ready change.

But you want people to change for you but you're not willing to change for them in return isn't that selfishness?

No sincerity, No commitment, No honesty, No love, just expectations without reciprocation.

We keep blaming our partners for our mistakes..

There's no day we won't hear about divorce, domestic violence, bf killing gf, gf stabbing bf ,

How long will this continue?

It's tiring

#Lalasticla

You chose a very good topic.
We don't just find ourselves in this situation, a lot has gone wrong before we arrived here.

I believe at one time, almost everyone had truly loved but circumstances made people change.

Imagine dating someone and giving 100% loyalty only to find out you have been wasting your resources on him/her.

Do you think you will be willing to give your next date the same treatment?

It's a pity that most of the time, innocent ones suffer from the sins of others and after the experience, they, themselves, become beasts.

That's why it's difficult to find true love. grin

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by chuksdsilent: 1:10pm On Jan 09, 2022
Kalatium:
This is the paradox of liberty. We want freedom to do whatever we want this is what it as brought us to.

Wetin freedom go cause ehhh. We never even start. J just wonder how next 10 years go be like

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by MrWondah(m): 6:37pm On Jan 25, 2022
debbydams:
ori e tie daru cheesy

Relationship always scares me. I've shattered a lot of hearts, currently battling demons I created in the past. The sh33t even makes it hard for me to attempt for fear of hurting more people.

No matter how sincere you are, the bottom line is there is hardly any relationship without expectations. At some point, either or both parties would want something more

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by debbydams(f): 10:07am On Jan 26, 2022
MrWondah:

Relationship always scares me. I've shattered a lot of hearts, currently battling demons I created in the past. The sh33t even makes it hard for me to attempt for fear of hurting more people.

No matter how sincere you are, the bottom line is there is hardly any relationship without expectations. At some point, either or both parties would want something more
not enough reason not to pick my calls..have u forgotten how we used to be, I hop u don't regret avoiding me Sha cos it bn almost 2months oo..anyway make I just dey look you
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Premiumwriter: 10:46am On Jan 26, 2022
Here in lies everything that is wrong with relationships today.

F*cked up people not giving a f*ck about repairing their damages but want everyone to accept them as perfect.

Worst still, the Media hype for haters. Instead of thanking and appreciating those who stood by you, people today will rather use that precious time to talk about their 'imaginary' haters.
dhiqson:
grin
Story
Thanking God for my last relationship
The person that I thought I was gan spend the rest of my life with, taught me how to let toxicity go cheesy
I mean, she's the reason I'm redpilled
Rn I no even too dey send
If it ain't about me, you're just playing yourself
And maybe I have a problem, I dunno don't care I'm all to myself
Got great friends I could kill for
I go hard for them, they go harder for me
Life's Good
God's good

You date a mature lady
She feels she's always right
Younger one, just plain st*****
Omo abeg grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by MrWondah(m): 11:06am On Jan 26, 2022
debbydams:
not enough reason not to pick my calls..have u forgotten how we used to be, I hop u don't regret avoiding me Sha cos it bn almost 2months oo..anyway make I just dey look you

Comrade, I go gist you when all these things finish.
I no know weda na bad luck, misfortune or karma
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by kepstone: 12:34pm On Jan 26, 2022
You just discribed my Ex just now... bitch is selfish, ungrateful it's all about her, pride, ego etc... bitch that has not giving me a dime after much sacrifice bitch is telling me nonsense. There are good guyz like me and we end up meeting bad girls who are so selfish
.. bitch want me to tell her I love you but has never told me she loves me... wasted my time and money on this selfish ungrateful heart. Relationship is difficult this days. I was sincere, honest committed, bitch valued what she can benefit more than the relationship.
quote author=debbydams post=107748111]Dating pool is now a mess right now, a big mess if u are already married, God has saved you, if u are in a serious relationship u with someone who's goin to marry you are very luck lucky, alot of us are relationship but single, you think you are dating someone but the person is not even dating you, I think we need to talk about how damaged alot of us are, how materialistic we have become,

how sex obsessed most of us are, how selfish? "I deserve the best" yes you are but while you deserve the best , is your partner getting the best as well?
It is always about 'you'
You want your partner to accept you the way you are but you are a bag of negativity and emotional liability, you are unstable, you are selfish, you don't look inside,you never tell yourself the truth and you want your partner to accept you when u are not even to ready change.

But you want people to change for you but you're not willing to change for them in return isn't that selfishness?

No sincerity, No commitment, No honesty, No love, just expectations without reciprocation.

There's no day we won't hear about divorce, domestic violence, bf killing gf, gf stabbing bf ,

It's tiring

#Lalasticla[/quote]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 26, 2022
debbydams:
Dating pool is now a mess right now, a big mess if u are already married, God has saved you, if u are in a serious relationship u with someone who's goin to marry you are very luck lucky, alot of us are relationship but single, you think you are dating someone but the person is not even dating you, I think we need to talk about how damaged alot of us are, how materialistic we have become...

The world has gone mad and it didn't begin today. However, the situation is worsening at an exponential rate thanks to technology. The dating scene is a mess, thanks to both Women and Men. Women who believe in the Hoe phase charade and men who believe sex is proof of their masculinity. Female feminists, male feminist, fake Redpillers who applaud both parties not excluded.
As to why the dating scene is so messed up? One word, "Revenge" dating. It is what created this vicious cycle that ultimately contributes to marriage being called a scam. Also, those spreading information and misinformation, Incels, heart-broken misogynist claiming Redpillers and their female counterparts ensure the cycle never ends.

The solution? The solution is something so simple it becomes complex although it must be done as a collective, but every movement begins with one person, I and you. As @Opeyemiextra said, Reorientation is the first step, after that every else will fall in place.

6 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by debbydams(f): 2:04pm On Jan 26, 2022
MrWondah:

Comrade, I go gist you when all these things finish.
I no know weda na bad luck, misfortune or karma
hmmnm harry
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by addictiv(m): 3:05pm On Jan 26, 2022
I keep saying it... What a lot of people need is therapy and not a new relationship. Most people don't even understand themselves not to talk of understanding someone else.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Anglojosite7(m): 3:15pm On Jan 26, 2022
Just be the carbon copy of what you wanted in a relationship, and you will just find it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by DoctorOlasDesk: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2022
This should be on front page. This reflects the current reality of today's world

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Fiscus105(m): 2:33pm On Mar 19, 2022
debbydams:
Dating pool is now a mess right now, a big mess. If you are already married, God has saved you. If you are in a serious relationship with someone who's goin to marry you, you are very luck lucky.

A lot of us are in relationships but single, you think you are dating someone but the person is not even dating you. I think we need to talk about how damaged alot of us are, how materialistic we have become, how sex obsessed most of us are, how selfish?

"I deserve the best" yes you are but while you deserve the best , is your partner getting the best as well?

It is always about 'you'

You want your partner to accept you the way you are but you are a bag of negativity and emotional liability, you are unstable, you are selfish, you don't look inside, you never tell yourself the truth and you want your partner to accept you when you are not even ready to change.

But you want people to change for you but you're not willing to change for them in return. Isn't that selfishness?

It's tiring

#Lalasticla

Since many of you blindly follow men not because of future purposes but solely what you want to gain from him immediately.

(So many guys not dere visit their girlfriend if they don't have cash in their pockets, is that relationship ma?)

Unlike before in 90's or even early 2000. Then, on the average. Ladies dating mainly for future partner, I still remember that ,the easiest way to get to the pant of woman was to tell her, that I wnt you to be my future wife and not mainly money can spend. Then, when ladies noticed that guy they were going out with married already, they would run as fast as possible away from him, but now, its pure amount you able to spend, married or no married not concerned.
In fact, teenagers prefer married men this day, hope you know the end results of such relationship even before it started?

Now, even 4-5 ladies know one another and that they are dating same guy, they would still not use their head and think logically, if you ask all of the girl individually, each of them would say, I know I am his main girlfriend and that others are just warming bed. With this,why won't you be dating guy and the guy will not date u?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by iykofias(m): 2:35pm On Mar 19, 2022
debbydams:
God will not come down to help, even God will partners still divorce..pastors are not left out
for example, pasor Chris O. of Christ embassy
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Kobojunkie: 2:36pm On Mar 19, 2022
omooluorun:
That's why we need to seek the face of God to avoid stories that touch
You seek the face of God for the other but how about you spend much of that time working on being a better person yourself?, undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by SeriouslySense(m): 2:36pm On Mar 19, 2022
#Lalasticla wink wink wink wink
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by naijapikin2(m): 2:37pm On Mar 19, 2022
Celebrate where you find yourself dear, some are looking for miracle marriages while others are looking for miracle divorce... If you're not getting the best,just be calm no harm in looking further. You've one life to live , the right person will come. You can take that to the bank

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Dshocker(m): 2:37pm On Mar 19, 2022
Truth be told; we've changed morally in this country & the major contributor to this is bad governance that has affected our psychology.

2023 is close by
Bola Ahmed Tinubu is not qualified to lead Nigeria,we can not afford to install another old and sick man that urinates and suffers from parkinson disease for another 8yrs,we Nigerians can do better by electing a qualified candidate irrespective of his or her tribe....God bless Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by nairaman66(m): 2:37pm On Mar 19, 2022
czarr:
Just know most guys wouldn't ask to just be friends with benefits, because most girls would feel insulted and not agree...so instead we wine you, make you feel special small, fvck a few times and ghost you.... that's how most guys move, it's left for you as the woman to be able to see through the whining and see who has genuine attraction for you, but women are blinded by appearances.(looks and money)

The same thing ladies do to guys! 2 weeks ago, a girl ghosted me same way. All because she asked for a huge sum as a loan, which I gave her, I think she got angry because I asked her to send me back. She was just acting strange on WhatsApp and I immediately blocked her. No time!!

Me sef nor send, I just move on. The same thing guys do to ladies, most ladies out there do worse! They have like 56 boyfriends, tasking each and everyone of them for money to vomit what they don’t have!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Scarfin(m): 2:37pm On Mar 19, 2022
debbydams:
Dating pool is now a mess right now, a big mess. If you are already married, God has saved you. If you are in a serious relationship with someone who's goin to marry you, you are very luck lucky.

A lot of us are in relationships but single, you think you are dating someone but the person is not even dating you. I think we need to talk about how damaged alot of us are, how materialistic we have become, how sex obsessed most of us are, how selfish?

"I deserve the best" yes you are but while you deserve the best , is your partner getting the best as well?

It is always about 'you'

You want your partner to accept you the way you are but you are a bag of negativity and emotional liability, you are unstable, you are selfish, you don't look inside, you never tell yourself the truth and you want your partner to accept you when you are not even ready to change.

But you want people to change for you but you're not willing to change for them in return. Isn't that selfishness?

It's tiring

#Lalasticla

My mind is blown!
So honest

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by naijapikin2(m): 2:37pm On Mar 19, 2022
Celebrate where you find yourself dear, some are looking for miracle marriages while others are looking for miracle divorce... If you're not getting the best,just be calm no harm in looking further. You've one life to live , the right person will come. You can take that to the bank...ciao

4 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Mar 19, 2022
omooluorun:
Relationship built with all sincerity on God's foundation cannot be moved. Of course there will be tribulations but God will come through.
There is only one set of rule given you by God where all your relationships with your fellow man is concerned and the same set applies whether you are speaking of business relationships or intimate relationships. undecided

Tribulations also apply as far as all possible relationships, so the focus should instead be on you being the person God commands you to be first and foremost. undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Lovebliss2(f): 2:39pm On Mar 19, 2022
zed7:
Wahala for those wey never marry. Many people are damaged to be honest.

You need to search with a microscope to find a decent partner these days. We still have them but you need to be able to identify them. They may not come in your favourite package.

"They may not come in your favourite package"

Exactly!

7 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Mar 19, 2022
Vivonose:
God is love, once God is involved in your relationship, it would stand the test of time
Stop deceiving yourself with mere words that mean nothing. God wants to be in you, not your relationships. It is by you doing as God has commanded of you that your light shines in every relationship you find yourself in , including business, friendships and marriage.... all of them pretty much governed by the same set of rules. undecided

7 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Datikwerreboi(m): 2:42pm On Mar 19, 2022
debbydams:
hmmmm... Wish some men can be straight with their intentions,like ' babe let's be hitting ourselves' but instead some men will promise you marriage and waste your time at the end of the day, they will leave, same applies to some ladies
You obviously know that 99% of women won't agree when u tell them 'babe let us be hitting ourselves". They just have to find a deceitful way,

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by MonkeyMods(m): 2:42pm On Mar 19, 2022
debbydams:

It is always about 'you'

It's tiring

#Lalasticla

Kick out the person who's making you rant this hot afternoon and know peace abeg

You can't force people to love you in a loveless world!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by BigBashiru: 2:42pm On Mar 19, 2022
Ussycool:
Some guys double date that is why they ain't commited and lack honesty. It is disgusting that some ladies out there are carbon copy of characters you point out.

Look debby, pray over things when your relationship is summersaulting. Men are turning to something else, imagine some guys claiming that MARRIAGE is a scam. How then do you think they will take relationship serious?

It's okay to double date so that you can select the best....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Men! Don't You Ever Be A Nice Guy To Her (photo) / Man Covers His Girlfriend's Face, Takes Her To The Beach And Proposes To Her / How Do I Make Her My Wife Despite The Difference In Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.