Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,128 members, 7,807,417 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century (28196 Views)

The Ordeal Of A Headmaster / “This Lady Inside The Bus Was Rubbing My Leg” – Man Narrates His Ordeal / Advice Needed.. Should I Quit Or Remain In This Kind Of Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 2:44pm On Mar 19, 2022
"If you are in a serious relationship with someone who's goin to marry you, you are very luck lucky." undecided

Wey divorce dey sup everyday?

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Legendoo: 2:45pm On Mar 19, 2022
Nice write up. ..

The last few years of wokeness stripped a lot of good values away and y'all encouraged and continue to encourage it.

You called good bad and vice versa.

You haven't seen anything yet. A time will come when 100 percent of naija girls will become untouchable runs girls unsuitable for marriage . The guys will turn to gang bangers.

A lot more will turn homosexual.

The whole society is going to completely collapse morally and the next generation will be handed the most degenerate culture, so dark, it will blow the mind's of the oyinbo people wey you dey copy come turn useless.

As usual dismiss this as rubbish.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by NOwazobia: 2:45pm On Mar 19, 2022
G
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by HitSong: 2:46pm On Mar 19, 2022
debbydams:
hmmmm... Wish some men can be straight with their intentions,like ' babe let's be hitting ourselves' but instead some men will promise you marriage and waste your time at the end of the day, they will leave, same applies to some ladies
You are a HYPOCRITE!
That's why I detest most of you with passion.
You will claim to be dating one guy for like two years, yet your bodycount will be around 3-5 within that two years.
YET, YOU'LL CLAIM NOT TO BE A RUNS GIRL OR A PROSTITUTE... But you get "favour" from all the other affairs too... THEN WHAT ARE YOU??

You do unto others what you won't like them to do to you, yet you want peace, happiness and commitment...
You will never find those things until you become honest with yourself first.

YOU CAN NOT PLANT CASSAVA AND EXPECT TO REAP MANGO...

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Apst: 2:46pm On Mar 19, 2022
debbydams:
hmmmm... Wish some men can be straight with their intentions,like ' babe let's be hitting ourselves' but instead some men will promise you marriage and waste your time at the end of the day, they will leave, same applies to some ladies
let's be frank as a woman how many times have u break men's heart or dated because of something and not for love? The more you date people and leave the more blink the persons future relationship look like. Let's be frank what is the simple reason most of our parents never knew divorce? They married as virgins. Check any woman who jumps from one man to another their children follow same suit. I know a lady close to me she gave birth when she was a teen her daughters are also doing that now. The truth is the world is what you paint of it. Its difficult to see a virgin lady who refuses sex with a man crying of been used and dumped. You want to enjoy sexual pleasures and still have normal relationship and marriage like our forefathers? No way you can't eat your cake and have it

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by jeff1607(m): 2:46pm On Mar 19, 2022
czarr:
Just know most guys wouldn't ask to just be friends with benefits, because most girls would feel insulted and not agree...so instead we wine you, make you feel special small, fvck a few times and ghost you.... that's how most guys move, it's left for you as the woman to be able to see through the whining and see who has genuine attraction for you, but women are blinded by appearances.(looks and money)

Even the guys who are more sincere with their feelings are tossed away or relegated to the friend zone or maga zone , most ladies would want to start just being friends with a guy n most times it doesn’t go beyond that.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On Mar 19, 2022
Legendoo:
Nice write up. ..
1. The last few years of wokeness stripped a lot of good values away and y'all encouraged and continue to encourage it.

You called good bad and vice versa.
You haven't seen anything yet. A time will come when 100 percent of naija girls will become untouchable runs girls unsuitable for marriage . The guys will turn to gang bangers.

A lot more will turn homosexual.

2. The whole society is going to completely collapse morally and the next generation will be handed the most degenerate culture so dark it will blow the mind's if the oyinbo people wey you dey copy come turn useless.

As usual dismiss this has rubbish.
1. What are some of these "good values" that were supposed ly stripped away? undecided

2. Society will collapse, how so? undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 19, 2022
Me that is looking for a serious relationship and ready to be committed

I don dey find woman for almost 6 months, na insult I just dey recieve left,right and center.. some say if I'm willing to take care of their Bill's that they are ready....

I don weak

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by HajiaNotu: 2:48pm On Mar 19, 2022
addictiv:
I keep saying it... What a lot of people need is therapy and not a new relationship. Most people don't even understand themselves not to talk of understanding someone else.
Ha ha grin grin

Some pple are damaged beyond repair that they dont even know what they want.
Confused lots. undecided
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Mar 19, 2022
addictiv:
I keep saying it... What a lot of people need is therapy and not a new relationship. Most people don't even understand themselves not to talk of understanding someone else.
I agree with this here. undecided
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by alizma: 2:50pm On Mar 19, 2022
debbydams:
Dating pool is now a mess right now, a big mess. If you are already married, God has saved you. If you are in a serious relationship with someone who's goin to marry you, you are very luck lucky.

A lot of us are in relationships but single, you think you are dating someone but the person is not even dating you. I think we need to talk about how damaged alot of us are, how materialistic we have become, how sex obsessed most of us are, how selfish?

"I deserve the best" yes you are but while you deserve the best , is your partner getting the best as well?

Our generation is just too selfish.
It is always about 'you'

You want your partner to accept you the way you are but you are a bag of negativity and emotional liability, you are unstable, you are selfish, you don't look inside, you never tell yourself the truth and you want your partner to accept you when you are not even ready to change.

But you want people to change for you but you're not willing to change for them in return. Isn't that selfishness?

No sincerity, No commitment, No honesty, No love, just expectations without reciprocation.

We keep blaming our partners for our mistakes..

There's no day we won't hear about divorce, domestic violence, bf killing gf, gf stabbing bf ,

How long will this continue?

It's tiring

#Lalasticla
As long as we want to copy the west, we have to prepare to embrace the negativities that come with their life style. Those who are will to tell you the truth will let you know that what you just listed are all present in the western relationship life.
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Angelfrost(m): 2:50pm On Mar 19, 2022
Even a lot of the married ones are seriously tired... Many are thinking of how to get the hell out.

The truth remains that you can't give what you don't have... How can you give another true love when you don't truly love and value yourself.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by 001spice: 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2022
debbydams:
debby stop acting like u knw all. If a guy walk up to u and tell u debby i think u look really cool to be with and do u mind let just be knacking ourself. How will u feel and wat will be ur respond

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2022
Manlikechoba:
Me that is looking for a serious relationship and ready to be committed

I don dey find woman for almost 6 months, na insult I just dey recieve left,right and center.. some say if I'm willing to take care of their Bill's that they are ready....

I don weak
Did you properly read and digest what the OP wrote there? You want a committed relationship but are you commitment worthy or are you yourself simply looking for someone to throw your baggage at who will not complain aka accept you for who you are while you don't reciprocate the sentiment? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Nigerialabalaba: 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2022
hahaha.....dem go dey alright las las with dia stupid ovasabi and nonsense self entitlement mentality. evrrytin na sapa and japa for dem.shiorr

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Kobojunkie: 2:52pm On Mar 19, 2022
alizma:

As long as we want to copy the west, we have to prepare to embrace the negativities that come with their life style. Those who are will to tell you the truth will let you know that what you just listed are all present in the western relationship life.
What's happening on the Nigerian dating scene has absolutely nothing to do with copying the west, so try to stay alert.. undecided

5 Likes

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by KingRex1(m): 2:52pm On Mar 19, 2022
debbydams:
What really happened to you?
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by RedpillAnalyst: 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2022
Enjoy the decline guys.

Many folks are messed up and damaged to be in functional and fulfilling relationship.

I wish I could unsee the decay that's yet to come.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by MrBroke(m): 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2022
Fear and doubt is why many go into marriage, relationship and love as they call it. Those things ain't necessities, one can live on earth without having to marry or go into a relationship, it is not a must. If you want to have sex you visit a brothel or woo any girl and tell her your intention, if she accepts you do your thing and it be. You want to have kids, you look for someone who also wants to have kids that you like if he or she accepts you can have your kids. Life is easy we make it complicated with our desire for external power.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by JustcallmeFavou(f): 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2022
debbydams:
Dating pool is now a mess right now, a big mess. If you are already married, God has saved you. If you are in a serious relationship with someone who's goin to marry you, you are very luck lucky.

A lot of us are in relationships but single, you think you are dating someone but the person is not even dating you. I think we need to talk about how damaged alot of us are, how materialistic we have become, how sex obsessed most of us are, how selfish?

"I deserve the best" yes you are but while you deserve the best , is your partner getting the best as well?

It is always about 'you'

You want your partner to accept you the way you are but you are a bag of negativity and emotional liability, you are unstable, you are selfish, you don't look inside, you never tell yourself the truth and you want your partner to accept you when you are not even ready to change.

But you want people to change for you but you're not willing to change for them in return. Isn't that selfishness?

No sincerity, No commitment, No honesty, No love, just expectations without reciprocation.

There's no day we won't hear about divorce, domestic violence, bf killing gf, gf stabbing bf ,

It's tiring

#Lalasticla

There are still a few good men out there. Even women too. But there are so rare to come by.

Love is a beautiful thing, most times a partner who will be there for you, who will love you genuinely, and truly means what he or she says most times seem difficult, seem not real enough to deal with.

But when you are patient and not too hasty or not so undisciplined. You'd realize that some good men and women still exist.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Tboymessiah(m): 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2022
zed7:
Wahala for those wey never marry. Many people are damaged to be honest.

You need to search with a microscope to find a decent partner these days. We still have them but you need to be able to identify them. They may not come in your favourite package.

You nailed it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Kingozymandias(m): 2:54pm On Mar 19, 2022
debbydams:

It is always about 'you'

It's tiring

#Lalasticla

It's so hard to find someone real these days .. I mean it's so hard to find someone who genuinely wants to get to know you just for knowing you...
Most people are near yet so distant...we in crowdy buses, streets and neighborhoods yet craze for that touch that's real...
We are the most isolated generation yet. Do we blame social media or do we blame materialism?
Either one, the first fault starts with self..

The rate of depression is gonna get higher with the years

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Slimdaddy27(m): 2:55pm On Mar 19, 2022
Relationships and marriage hmmm

Do you know that most of us don't actually know what we have till loose them?y cos we think they are not our type (impatient)

Do you know that most of us don't build relationships,instead we let what we are looking for deceive us into what what we have already?beside us

Selfishness and self centeredness, comparisons,lack of trust,miss communication communication and desperation ...we keep blaming our partners he or she is that and that without looking for solution INSTEAD we wanna quite the relationship thinking the next one will be perfect and bed of roses without considering where the next partner is coming or what they have been through in their previous relationship

What do we want?

Personally I have experienced betrayal from a close friend and a gal I thought was mine ,all the name marriage promise you left a guy u dated for 2 years, now tell me how is that going to be a successful marriage?

This generation needs alot before we can go back to the days of our forefathers when love is pure and natural

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by jericco1(m): 2:55pm On Mar 19, 2022
Very biased article
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2022
If you are already married, God has saved you.

LMAO!!!!! cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Micahsamuel: 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]nice
Moz22:
it took me a while contemplating whether I should comment on this or not.. however I'm gonna drop my token..

Ever since I saw a post saying "you've been unlucky with relationships, why not channel your energy into taking you and your family out of poverty and leave love alone" I had a mind shift... I maybe wrong but the truth of the matter is that true love doesn't exist no more.. the love u see people exhibit these days comes with expectations and when those expectations aren't met, that's when they'll say they fell out of love etc.. True love is a beautiful thing and I sincerely hope that I get to experience it before I exit this world, However I'm not looking for it.. this world is just too bleeped up, unbalanced and full of fuckery, but apparently there isn't much u can do about it. I have a thing that works for me anytime I feel some sorta affection for any girl which I don't wanna entertain.. I'm gonna be very single for a long time to come. Selah
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by donb06: 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2022
Anglojosite7:
Just be the carbon copy of what you wanted in a relationship, and you will just find it.
Humans will still take advantage
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by josite: 2:58pm On Mar 19, 2022
Relationship is not as difficult.

You need to learn about non verbal communication as indeed action speaks more than words.

Zeroed in on actions.learn to detect a lie.

Encourage the Revelation of your spouse and be bold enough to reveal who you really are a

Relationship fails because couple hides.

We all condem rape but do u know a woman actually said she always fantasises about being raped and this lady happens to be a lawyer.

It is from that day that I know unless couples are willing to reveal themselves down to their fantasies,many will keep on giving the wrong medicine to their lovers because they won't first discover the ailments of the spouse

Some women don't need love,they need your money and some men don't need love,they need sex and at best they need a child or two and after that they prefer you going back to your parents house.

Be transparent .if you and your lover are not ready to reveal who both of you truly are and what both of you really want , frustration must happen.it is not relationship that is difficult,it is the participants.

Let us expect to reap what we sow.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Datikwerreboi(m): 2:58pm On Mar 19, 2022
Lovebliss2:

"They may not come in your favourite package"

Exactly!
Chai, I wish I can find love here
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by femicyrus(m): 2:58pm On Mar 19, 2022
debbydams:

It is always about 'you'

It's tiring

#Lalasticla

I'll still blame APC

Proverbs 24 vs 21 & 22.

"21: My son, fear the Lord, and fear the king as well; do not associate with those that say 'CHANGE'.

"22: For their calamity comes quickly ... and the disaster they both may bring"

1 Like

Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by cybriz82(m): 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2022
dhiqson:
grin
Story
Thanking God for my last relationship
The person that I thought I was gan spend the rest of my life with, taught me how to let toxicity go cheesy
I mean, she's the reason I'm redpilled
Rn I no even too dey send
If it ain't about me, you're just playing yourself
And maybe I have a problem, I dunno don't care I'm all to myself
Got great friends I could kill for
I go hard for them, they go harder for me
Life's Good
God's good

You date a mature lady
She feels she's always right
Younger one, just plain st*****
Omo abeg grin

I cn relate bro...she will never give up when iz come to argument n bible stuff...u just av to admit she won..or else she go stylishly insult u ontop..
Re: The Ordeal Of Relationship In 21st Century by Datikwerreboi(m): 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Stop deceiving yourself with mere words that mean nothing. God wants to be in you, not your relationships. It is by you doing as God has commanded of you that your light shines in every relationship you find yourself in , including business, friendships and marriage.... all of them pretty much governed by the same set of rules. undecided
Well said my love

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Apart From, *let Me Call You Right Back* What Other Scam Do You Know? / Sozo & Joshua Christopher: Physically-Challenged Groom Narrates How He Met Bride / Men! Don't You Ever Be A Nice Guy To Her (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.