Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,966 members, 7,799,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? (45754 Views)

Help My New Baby Has Jaundice / 40 U.S. Doctors Operate On 1-Week-Old Baby With Huge Growth On Her Neck(Pics) / Healthy Skin Tips: How To Get Beautiful Skin In Just 2weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by aspabay(m): 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
Skooltynz:
It think it will disappear with time all new babes have holes up there,it's seems not only Nigerians are on NL the baby is white and obviously not a Nigerian..

Do you know what File Photos mean?

1 Like

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by verybadmouth(m): 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
HEBEI:
Don't panic. Go and see a doctor.

I wish your baby quick recovery.
Amen. Thanks so much
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by DrFunmisticGlow: 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
Beremx:
Sign of dehydration. Please give him water to drink everyday. Avoid giving him strong antibiotics to avoid stories that touches the heart. I am talking from experience.
Not water, mother should breastfeed exclusively. Whenever the child is hungry, put to breast. If breastfeeding is too painful,she should get a breast milk pump and use cup and spoon.

Water will worsen the whole thing, breast milk is 90% water. Giving more water will be making the child hungrier

4 Likes

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
Haakeem:
rubbish...which deyhration? Kai Nigeria women won't seize to suprise you.... imagine!

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323912#outlook

Dehydration
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by ayenale1(m): 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2021
Yoruba myths will tell u that the baby is breathing from the head at the early stage and that once it disappear the heart has started working...its a normal thing in babies no cause for alarm...

1 Like

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by verybadmouth(m): 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

Of course. All my kids started drinking water from day two BUT IN SMALL QUANTITIES.
Noted ma. Thanks so much ma.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by aribisala0(m): 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2021
If you do not know what to do you are not fit to be a parent
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Depressed101: 3:27pm On Nov 19, 2021
verybadmouth:
Doctors in the house please I need your advice. Is it a problem I should be very worried about or would it close in no time. Please help

File Photos
is it not normal for all new born babes? Abi I'm missing something
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by marsup: 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2021
It's not supposed to be that deep. Maybe someone is pressing it. Take your child to see a paediatrician not nairaland audio doctors.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by jamesharryson(m): 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2021
verybadmouth:
Doctors in the house please I need your advice. Is it a problem I should be very worried about or would it close in no time. Please help

File Photos
Mgbawa isi. I can make the drugs
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Dougthy(m): 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
Please, do NOT rub ANYTHING on it cos it's normal in some babies and it will eventually close up by itself. Kindly ignore some comments here cos it's a sensitive issue, you can consult your baby pediatrician for more details.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
Don't worry as the baby grows it will close up. Is the baby feeding well, is the baby crying all the time and showing any sign of pain? I will suggest that you see a doctor if you are so worried about it or visit these alagbo women as there are local preparations for this. Also I know that mothers use one liquid called bluebird on it, they apply it. Meet those women who deal in baby things and explain yourself to them. You will be given what to use. All my 3 kids had this when they were all young and my wife used bluebird spirit on them they all got better. Sorry for your worries young mom
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2021
aribisala0:
If you do not know what to do you are not fit to be a parent

Please do not say that.

Nobody is born with parental knowledge

We learn on the job

The OP is a very wise young lady, because even if one knows the right thing to do, as long as it concerns a human child you have to confirm that what you know to do is the right thing
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Beremx(f): 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2021
verybadmouth:

Truly I understand the term but you know, it is better to get a clearer understanding from people that have had real life experiences.
Igbo people call it Nkewa isi while Yoruba people call it Illa (not sure). Please start giving your baby water if you aren’t
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by PrinceOfLagos: 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2021
You have nothing to worry about

Just don't cut his/her anytime soon
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by ImaIma1(f): 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2021
Beremx:
Sign of dehydration. Please give him water to drink everyday. Avoid giving him strong antibiotics to avoid stories that touches the heart. I am talking from experience.

Really? Do 2weeks old babies drink water or just breastmilk exclusively?

I have never heard that dehydration is the cause.

1 Like

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
Used cloth and warm water to heat the place morning and evening it's will go
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by deepwater(f): 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2021
Skooltynz:
It think it will disappear with time all new babes have holes up there,it's seems not only Nigerians are on NL the baby is white and obviously not a Nigerian..

Meanwhile yabatech has extended the deadline for partime form sales till further notice but it is advisable to purchase the form early so you can make the first list coming out December, post utme form will soon be out too, we are here to help you throughout the Admission process,if interested click the link below to get all the info you need.

https://www.nairaland.com/6806313/yabatech-part-time-form-2021-2022

it is called a file photo

i hope you learnt something today.
cheers undecided
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by okoh66(m): 3:33pm On Nov 19, 2021
It happened to my Inlaws child, my mom told her to give the child water always and she did and it was normal

verybadmouth:

File Photos
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Rosaline5000: 3:33pm On Nov 19, 2021
Take your baby to the hospital instead of looking for advice here
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by deepwater(f): 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2021
Beremx:

i understand when you say u are talking from experience.....God be with you and yours!
it will never happen again!!!

1 Like

Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by verybadmouth(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
Beremx:
Igbo people call it Nkewa isi while Yoruba people call it Illa (not sure). Please start giving your baby water if you aren’t
God bless you. Thanks ma.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by verybadmouth(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
okoh66:

It happened to my Inlaws child, my mom told her to give the child water always and she did and it was normal

Noted ma. Thanks so much
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Memberclub(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
Lol it disappears after some months
Nothing to worry about
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by donprincebigt(m): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
It's really nothing to be worried about. My neice had like two spots on her head then too. We were terrified a little but as time goes on everything closed up nd came back to normal, now she's a year plus bouncing and disturbing the whole house
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Shokoloko(f): 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
ImaIma1:

lol, what do you think happens to kids of women whose breastmilk cannot come out? Or who lost their mothers, or were abandoned at birth? grin
The newborns drink water from day one and they survive
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by aribisala0(m): 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
Shokoloko:

Please do not say that.

Nobody is born with parental knowledge

We learn on the job

The OP is a very wise young lady, because even if one knows the right thing to do, as long as it concerns a human child you have to confirm that what you know to do is the right thing

Learn yes

Not from social media

The baby is barely a month old.

A health problem especially when you do not know can kill in hours.

So seeking advice on health matters for a neonate is not just ignorant it is criminal irresponsibility

Were there no parents before the internet which is barely 30 years old?
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Beremx(f): 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2021
ImaIma1:

Google it up my sister
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by Dougthy(m): 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2021
Beremx:
"Water to drink everyday"? Really?... And you said you are talking from experience. Well, I don't think giving the baby water is the best option as the baby must be given breast milk exclusively for 6 months at least. I think the baby is fine.
Re: Help, My 2weeks Old Baby Has A Sunken Fontanelle. What Do We Do? by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2021
Hello Nairalanders, is this post legit or a scam?

*APPLY FOR NORWAY SCHOLARSHIP 2021, FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDY FOR FREE IN OSLO UNIVERSITY.*

*It takes few seconds to apply. Dont miss this opportunity.*

*Benfits of NORWAY 2021 scholarship Program.*

*The scholarship will cover.*
-Full Tuition Fee
-Living Allowance
-Acoomodation
-Medical Facilities
-Traveling Allowance
-Unlimited Work Permit.

*APPLY HERE*
https:///Norway-Scholarship-2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Hymen: A Membrane Widely Misunderstood / Edo Hospital Rejects Hand Sanitizers Donation / Lady Dies After Giving Birth To Her 2nd Set Of Triplets At Traditional Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.