Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,984 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid (15367 Views)

Carlo Ancelotti To Become Brazil's Coach From June 2024 / Gernot Rohr: "I Have Not Been Sacked But NFF Wants Me To Quit" / Sunday Oliseh: I’m Ready To Take Up Super Eagles Job If NFF Wants Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 19, 2021
pjosh1:

You get sense!! I don’t know what’s wrong with Nigerians
Has Rohr not achieved the target given to him by NFF? When was the last time Nigeria qualified for a competition without using calculator

Una just get problem. Shebi una won win world cup ��‍♂️, let’s see Wetin d new coach wan do
We never qualify yet
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Sunisonflex39(m): 5:08pm On Nov 19, 2021
To know the coach. please Google top 15 coaches in eastern Europe...after you goggle finish..if NFF appoints someone that is not in the TOP 15 from your list.. Know that we won't go world cup..

They should just price jeoachim low....till after world cup
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Sunisonflex39(m): 5:10pm On Nov 19, 2021
Jeoachim low is outta Job..I believe he will be happy to go to another world cup again and retire..

We should grow some balls for once

The players will give their all knowing he is a top coach
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 19, 2021
Juoflife1:
Eastern europe? cheesy grin.. Chevchenko? (hope I got that name correctly)
No sir
Its shevchenko
But he is currently the manager of his country football national team. So he can't come to Nigeria
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by pjosh1(m): 5:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
ANDREW91:

We never qualify yet

Bro I sabi but we qualify comot from group. At least na step by step

1 Like

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Geovanni412(m): 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2021
ANDREW91:

No sir
Its shevchenko
But he is currently the manager of his country football national team. So he can't come to Nigeria

Shevchenko is currently coaching Genoa in serie A. Im don leave the Ukraine national team job - Im try for dem sha.
No coach can do miracles when you owe him for 8 months. That being said, Gernot Rohr's tactics from the onset hasn't given us much to smile about - the results have been there but the playing style of the team has been mediocre. I remember watching our Nations cup game agst Algeria in 2019. I felt so ashamed - it felt like i was watching Barcelona agst all those mushroom teams they used to give 5 or 7 goals to nil during the Guardiola era . The football we played in that game was complete garbage.

1 Like

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by yinkeys(m): 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2021
Pick 2 or 3 Nigerian coaches to work together as a unit. The last foreign coach to help win the nations cup was Westerhoff. I don’t see any foreigner that will do that without living in Nigeria for a long time.
Keshi obviously had the right CV for the job.
I’m not in support of any coach that’s not had tangible African football experience
The best you’d get out of them is a bronze medal
NFF are simply wasting their money
Choose a coach that understands African football
Aliou Cisse is a great African example
Just like Keshi
White man wont solve all our problem o
We keep looking outside Africa wasting resources
Focus on African based coaches
We can’t play like Europeans, best we play how we used to play.

1 Like

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by WibusJaga: 5:17pm On Nov 19, 2021

Pls is Ole Gunnar from Eastern Europe?

1 Like

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by richmanrichard: 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2021
zidane shud replace him since glazers are still playing politics.Meanwhile, united fans its another Epl weekend; make una get shock- absorber for d horror continues!
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Richy4(m): 5:20pm On Nov 19, 2021
Does continent really matters in job description of a soccer coach as long as one can do it irrespective of location...

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by optimusprime2(m): 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2021
To be honest NFF have a big problem...

When a new coach shows up, he comes with a new ideology, system and strategy.

He will not adopt Rohr's system, which may require the new coach to start sourcing for new players to fit his system, don't be surprised he drops off current players (who worked hard to get to this point). That's already a potential bitterness waiting to happen in camp...

An interim coach should have been selected from Rohr's assistant/technical unit so they develop upon the players on ground with a new system. Otherwise, Nigeria will just be like Spain in the last world Cup, who had a world class team but lacked cohesion due their last minute coaching switch.
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by abobote: 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2021
I don't know why all the hatred for this coach
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by yinkeys(m): 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2021
Geovanni412:

Shevchenko is currently coaching Genoa in serie A. Im don leave the Ukraine national team job - Im try for dem sha.
No coach can do miracles when you owe him for 8 months. That being said, Gernot Rohr's tactics from the onset hasn't given us much to smile about - the results have been there but the playing style of the team has been mediocre. I remember watching our Nations cup game agst Algeria in 2018. I felt so ashamed - it felt like i was watching Barcelona agst all those mushroom teams they used to give 5 or 7 goals to nil during the Guardiola era . The football we played in that game was complete garbage.
I remember the 2019 game. They were playing like a solid European team
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by beejay85: 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2021
kenzysmith:
Let face this bitter fact what has been working well in this country before a coach u were owing 7months salary still qualify us for the playoffs and Portugal and ivory coast miss out, what has this coach really done to deserve this hatred from Nigerians? He has assemble the youngest squad in Africa history he has pick players base on form he brought ighalo in to give Nigeria option BAse on his pedigree in Africa what has this man really done?
You are all screaming he should look into the local league is the NPFL a serious competition? A league that does not has a resumption date? Even Ghanian league asahmaoh gyan is playing there because the league has a structure cool .
NFF should allow this man excute the playoffs a new coach now will want to change many things hereby distrup the process.
I repeat genort rohr has done no wrong I don talk my own.

Allow genort rohr do his job
It's all corruption...
All of a sudden,a sponsor is ready to pay d release clause of N450m plus... where was d sponsor when d coach was owed 6months salary?
We asked him to qualify us afcon and w/c....he is delivering..
We asked he should paid in naira...he accepted..
We asked he should be based in Nigeria?...Rohr agreed... What do we really want.
Which coach of repute will u get from Russia,Ukraine (shevchenko just signed for Genoa), belarus grin...that LL agree to be paid in naira and live in Abuja...
Our mumu Neva do oo

4 Likes

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by stanisbaratheon: 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2021
This NFF dey mad o. Why can't they get Sam Alladyce?
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by LZAA: 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2021
Juoflife1:
Eastern europe? cheesy grin.. Chevchenko? (hope I got that name correctly)
Is genoa fc's new manager

1 Like

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Curious345: 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2021
Rohr stay cashing out with almost 1billion naira, plus another 300m in unpaid wages
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by yinkeys(m): 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2021
kenzysmith:
Let face this bitter fact what has been working well in this country before a coach u were owing 7months salary still qualify us for the playoffs and Portugal and ivory coast miss out, what has this coach really done to deserve this hatred from Nigerians? He has assemble the youngest squad in Africa history he has pick players base on form he brought ighalo in to give Nigeria option BAse on his pedigree in Africa what has this man really done?
You are all screaming he should look into the local league is the NPFL a serious competition? A league that does not has a resumption date? Even Ghanian league asahmaoh gyan is playing there because the league has a structure cool .
NFF should allow this man excute the playoffs a new coach now will want to change many things hereby distrup the process.

In 2012 was the Nigerian league a serious competition?
Nigerians should forget it, we are not winning the Afcon. We’d be lucky to get bronze this time around.
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by 09085607453king: 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2021
NFF should go for Joseph Morioh former Chelsea Coach
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by worldclass68(m): 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2021
We lost a very good man in Yaradu...although we were lucky in disguised when GEJ came but little did we know what we actually signed for after we voted him out by all means.. embarassed

U get it.....if you don't geritt..... forget bout it..........
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Maconstruct(m): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2021
Benjosh123:
May God help this NFF of a thing... they are never serious, hiring a foreign coach is a plot to Squander more money...What Happen to Local coaches who could do better if given a better recognition. It is well

Players will hardly respect dem.
E.g Enyeama vs OIise rumble.
If Olise had been a foreigner we wouldn't hear of such.
When most Nigerians see whites dey behave.
But fellow country man "Wida yuu!!"
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Austinbiggy(m): 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2021
This is the best coach ever
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Stanleyville(m): 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
Oga do you actually take your time to watch super eagles matches of Rohr or you just dey talk based on some inconsequential and useless statistics

quote author=kenzysmith post=107767811] Let face this bitter fact what has been working well in this country before a coach u were owing 7months salary still qualify us for the playoffs and Portugal and ivory coast miss out, what has this coach really done to deserve this hatred from Nigerians? He has assemble the youngest squad in Africa history he has pick players base on form he brought ighalo in to give Nigeria option BAse on his pedigree in Africa what has this man really done?

Allow genort rohr do his job [/quote]

1 Like

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by yinkeys(m): 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2021
Maconstruct:

Players will hardly respect dem.
E.g Enyeama vs OIise rumble.
If Olise had been a foreigner we wouldn't hear of such.
When most Nigerians see whites dey behave.
But fellow country man "Wida yuu!!"
I don’t think a professional that’s really hungry to perform will try that.
As Conte or Keshi, they kill off players that try such
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Silentgroper(m): 5:46pm On Nov 19, 2021
ANDREW91:

No sir
Its shevchenko
I think he's coaching either of verona or genoa in d serie A .. He's reportedly trying to lure zinchenko to d club he coaches..
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by treatise: 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2021
humility33:
Let's know the coach

He should be some one hungry and ambitious for success

His name is Camjic Polivicski grin Eastern Europe tins
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by korent265: 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2021
Lmao you guys keep repeating the same thing with this team. Una wan sack coach when our next competition that he qualified us for is in months. Then when the next "brilliant" coach comes in and cannot gel properly with the team because of almost no time to understand the team una go scream for sack again then before you know it we are in March for the playoffs with a disjointed team. Make una Park well jare
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Budapestboy: 5:55pm On Nov 19, 2021
kenzysmith:

Thank you for speaking my mind! Nigerians are the most confused lot! Gernot rohr in my opinion is one of the best coach we’ve had as a National Team. People have forgotten we could no longer qualify for nations cup before he stepped in to not only qualify us for the World Cup but nations cup.
I have never seen a people as confused and myopic like Nigerians in my life

1 Like

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by humility33(m): 5:56pm On Nov 19, 2021
treatise:

His name is Camjic Polivicski grin Eastern Europe tins

Are u sure?

1 Like

Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by kitombo: 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
pjosh1:

You get sense!! I don’t know what’s wrong with Nigerians
Has Rohr not achieved the target given to him by NFF? When was the last time Nigeria qualified for a competition without using calculator

Una just get problem. Shebi una won win world cup ��‍♂️, let’s see Wetin d new coach wan do

We still use calculator for this one o
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Cmanforall: 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2021
robosky02:
‘NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles Media Officer Reveals

https://www.completesports.com/nff-wants-coach-from-eastern-europe-to-replace-rohr-former-eagles-media-officer-reveals/
Eastern Europe wey hunger hol?
These are the people NFF can manipulate and they'd agree to all their corrupt practices.

Go for Wenger or any other world class coach who have seen money grin grin
Re: NFF Wants Coach From Eastern Europe To Replace Rohr’- Former Eagles media Aid by Eeffy: 6:09pm On Nov 19, 2021
This Nigeria too like cheap materials, no wonder second hand clothes dey sell for here too much. You hired Rohr, that coached Burkina Faso and Niger,and you saw how the team look like, now na Eastern Europe una dey head too. Why for once we should stop cutting corners and get it right. Spend the money or better steal spend it wisely, una dey forbid western Europe coaches. Nff like ojoro things. My opinion is we are going from fry pan to fire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Julian Nagelsmann to Become Bayern Munich Head Coach / Nigerian Sports Legend Chris Enahoro Dead At Age 80 / FIFA Women's W/Cup: Obi hails Super Falcons' Fighting Spirit In Draw Vs Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.