Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) (66893 Views)

Her First Child Belongs To My Friend! Should I Tell Her Husband? / The Baby I Am Carrying Belongs To My Ex-Boyfriend - Lady To Boyfriend / Lady Puts Up Guy's Photo On Twitter To Know If He Belongs To Any Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by GABRIEL6036: 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

No reasonable man brings a woman to live in the same home with the first wife... That is the angle many are seeing it from.

These days you let the new wife stay in her own apartment and all you do is spend different days with each one of them.

Any lady that kills or threatens to kill a man because he wants another lady is mentally unstable.

She is free to leave.
You are right
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2021
Righteousness2:
Ignore all these confused teachings of men like Toks2008 that are wise in their own eyes. These are Ungodly and evil teachings that will Destroy your soul.

No matter your age , No matter your Matter! Stick to what GOD says. Read your Bible, see GOD'S word and abide by it.

Polygamy is not of GOD. It is a sin. That is not GOD'S Standard.

Whatever you do you in life, stick to GOD'S Standard because will account to GOD .

Eternity is not a community race.
Eternity is a Personal Race.

Guy carry your ignorance to another thread.

This is a thread for enlightened people with sound intellect.

If you can't back it up with Scriptures then stop disgracing yourself.

Ignorant sheeple like you come and let me school you about the Scriptures.

Were you even born when I gave my life to christ in 1987?

Biko carry your ignorance commot.

3 Likes

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Newyorkitis(m): 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2021
I wonder why the OP did not expantiate on the ground that DIVORCE is permissible in the Bible.

God in the Bible abhors DIVORCE.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by yemi1504: 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2021
Nonexisting:
Evening newspapers will come here to attack you but later go behind closed doors and consider your advice. Even polygamists today are going for sweet 16s so if you are a lady and you have crossed 35, just buy Love Machine or submit your pussy occasionally to your regular okada and keke driver for service.

Lol, best advice!
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Righteousness2(m): 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2021
sellers4buyers:

Where is it stated in the BIBLE OLD AND NEW that polygamy is a SIN I will like to know brother.

The only place I know the Bible goes against polygamy is in 1Timoty 3:1-2 in their, it's actually a requirement for someone who wants to be a Bishop. I will like to know any other verses that outrightly condemned polygamy as a SIN please. Cheers.

Matthew 19: 4-9
Mark 10: 1-12
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 1:45pm On Nov 20, 2021
Righteousness2:

See your life.

I told you that I will school you.

Now run off to read this thread I created years back and come back to tell me what you have learnt.

https://www.nairaland.com/4303658/dont-deceived-polygamy-not-sin

4 Likes

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by yemi1504: 1:45pm On Nov 20, 2021
ozuone:
Not all single mothers are Bad.. However getting married to the 80 percent of the dangerous ones could cause you everlasting sorrow . Always advisable to dig deep before you enter as what happened to the first can happen to you

Exactly, me too am ambivalent about single mothers but it is best to do your due diligence as most of them could be like the disasters parading themselves around. E get why o.

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Lightorder: 1:46pm On Nov 20, 2021
Shokoloko:

Your writeup seems to proffer a solution to females to curb sexual immorality.
While it might favour the woman, but it doesn't talk about the problems that polygamy will cause for the children
No mind am. Like say, marriage na must
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Aadeniyi092: 1:48pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

Islam has solved the problem if you follow the principles of heritage sharing as stated in the Quran, how many of property wahala do you hear in the North.

My father had 3 wives, properties shared without wahala. We also live in harmony before his death till now.

In our case, everyone of us live under same roof. You must eat together no separate pot or kitchen, one week for each wife to cook until the eldest retired from the kitchen {which is my Mum}, but, must eat what was generally prepared.

I spend must of my time with my step and she advice me the more because she's more social

I have many single mums as friends and most of them have been single for years as in no sex.

So tell me if it won't be a succour to even feel the touch of a man even if it is once a week.

If you know the number of ladies in the categories I highlighted you will agree with me that polygamy is the future.

The crazy part is that many single guys see ever ready to catch cruise with these ladies until they are fed up with them.

You may never understand this write up until you find yourself in any of the groups.

If he did the will well there won't be any issue.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Righteousness2(m): 1:49pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

See your life.

I told you that I will school you.

Now run off to read this thread I created years back and come back to tell me what you have learnt.

Keep Decieving yourself! It is not me you are doing! You are doing yourself! You will give account to GOD of all these Nonsense you put out.

When you see and stand before GOD, you will understand what u did to yourself.

If you Like Hear! If you Like continue in your evils. Your Sin will find u out!
Hell is real! Heaven is Real!

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2021
Righteousness2:

Keep Decieving yourself! It is not me you are doing! You are doing yourself! You will give account to GOD of all these Nonsense you put out.

When you see and stand before GOD, you will understand what u did to yourself.

If you Like Hear! If you Like continue in your evils. Your Sin will find u out!

You are a babe in christ. Grow up.

Te sad twist is that people like you remain toddlers cos I just sent you a link. Rathwr than click it to expand your knowledge, you choose to be closed minded.

Whatever you do biko don't carry your ignorance near my side.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by sellers4buyers(m): 1:52pm On Nov 20, 2021
Righteousness2:

I choose not to argue with you. If you believe the above verses condemned polygamy and also makes it a SIN. Peace...

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Aadeniyi092: 1:53pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

That is what they say... They hate polygamy but still fvks side chic or you want to vouch for him on that too? Please I beg you just don't go there...

One of the most hypocritical things men do is celebrating years of monogamous marriage anniversary but neglecting to celebrate the anniversary with the side chic.

Please whatever you do, never eve trust any man when it comes to woman matter

Nah my 50kobo be dat.

And about me fascinating about polygamy... Well the truth is that I am a writer and when I write I don't focus on what I fascinate about but I write realistically on issues.

This is not about me, I pride myself as one of the most sexually decent guys out there. I have been on Nairaland for years and no single lady on this forum has anything on me and no lady in the world can point an accusing finger at me.

So leave fantasies out of it. IT IS WHAT IT IS
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 1:54pm On Nov 20, 2021
sellers4buyers:

I choose not to argue with you. If you believe the above verses condemned polygamy and also makes it a SIN. Peace...

That guy is just ignorant and he has refused to widen his knowledge so it is better to just ignore him.

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Ernerstdavid55(m): 2:01pm On Nov 20, 2021
Hintona:

I won't.
i sent u a mail
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 2:02pm On Nov 20, 2021
sellers4buyers:

Where is it stated in the BIBLE OLD AND NEW that polygamy is a SIN I will like to know brother.

The only place I know the Bible goes against polygamy is in 1Timoty 3:1-2 in there, it's actually a requirement for someone who wants to be a Bishop. I will like to know any other verses that outrightly condemned polygamy as a SIN please. Cheers.

Even the verse you quoted is not against polygamy.. It only advised deacons and General overseers to be a husband of one wife.... it was an advice not that it will be counted as a sin if they choose to marry more wives.

Infact there is a translation of the original manuscript that believes that part actually mean THEY SHOULD BE FAITHFUL TO THEIR WIFE NOT THAT THEY SHOULD BE HUSBAND OF ONE WIFE.

The mistake many people make is that they take the singularity of marriage to mean a man can't marry another lady.

Marriage is expressed in singular form but you can be joined with as many ladies as you want.

Please rea this thread of mine for more understanding...

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Righteousness2(m): 2:03pm On Nov 20, 2021
sellers4buyers:

I have done my Part for you. U can't say you didn't know! Happy weekend!
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Kayyy: 2:10pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

No reasonable person will use the standard of the western world as a prototype for marriage.

But for my sexual decency, I would have lost count of the number of single mums and divorcees I would have slept with or even be servicing regularly.

Ask them why they left their marriage and you will hear the same reason... "He wanted another lady"

In Africa we keep the woman in our lives even if we go for another thereby maintaining the sanity of the children and the sanctity of marriage but in the western world, because of the illegality 9f polygamy, they just kuku divorce the wife and go for the new lady not minding the mental health of the kids.

Now the funniest twist is that these ladies who left their husbands end up as sx toys in the hands of randy men and even married men.

Those who choose to be celibate take succour in sx toys for years and I know may who have not had proper sx with a man for many years.

So I begin to wonder, why leave your husband when there is no guarantee that you will find a faithful man out there?, why not just stay in your marriage, focus on your kids and yourself and just see your husband as a booty call if you feel you don't love him as you use to.... Are there no better things in life than looking for one man that will seed his manhood to only you as long as he lives?

This is the reality out there that no one is willing to agree is happening, a lot of well known celebrities are walking this path , a lot of women are also working this path , except most people on here are in their 20s and early 30s, if you are in your 40s (early or late ), look around you for women of the same age bracket that are not married and see how they have turn to intimacy gadgets to married men, widowers and single guys as well, I know about 5 of such women I have come across , 2 were widows who got into flings with other men and now have children from such relationship while having ended the relationship with the baby father , 3 are in relationship of years with different men, i mean how do you explain to your children that are now teenagers why different men come to sleep over atimes, so while not ideal I won't bash such women in these situation who resolve to marry into a polygamous house as long as the man is wealthy enough to take care of all , at least they can stick to one and not be intimacy gadgets to many men out there and this is good for the mental health of their children from their previous marriage too

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by yemi1504: 2:15pm On Nov 20, 2021
donestk:
Most ladies in their 30s are very bittered and blame men for their misfortune

They should look in the mirror, that is where the problem is.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by relaxandsmile: 2:17pm On Nov 20, 2021
pocohantas:

K1 the Ultimate just married a mother of three. So who are you and your fellow Nairaland alfa males? Leftover indeed. undecided
I only replied to the way the op excluded young ladies. As if any man going into polygamy must choose from his list.
No woman is a leftover in the true sense of it.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by sellers4buyers(m): 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

Even the verse you quoted is not against polygamy.. It only advised deacons and General overseers to be a husband of one wife.... it was an advice not that it will be counted as a sin if they choose to marry more wives.

Infact there is a translation of the original manuscript that believes that part actually mean THEY SHOULD BE FAITHFUL TO THEIR WIFE NOT THAT THEY SHOULD BE HUSBAND OF ONE WIFE.

The mistake many people make is that they take the singularity of marriage to mean a man can't marry another lady.

Marriage is expressed in singular form but you can be joined with as many ladies as you want.

Please rea this thread of mine for more understanding...

I have read the thread, and you did justice to the issue of Polygamy, kudos brother.

I always say, nature that made X chromosome stay longer than Y chromosomes in the uterus or wherever has already encouraged and program polygamy into the scheme of things. We just have to figure out how to make it work.

Just as you have clearly highlited in your thread, polygamy becomes a SIN when you marry under the marriage Act (in a licensed place of worship or at the Registery) and go ahead to marry another woman. Biblically it becomes a Sin, under Nigerian law (Marriage Act) it becomes an offence. Then we can call you a sinner and you have to be punished.

If you have ever dated two to three women or more at ones without issues, you have the talent already. Work hard and have the money, nature needs you. More women are subscribing to polygamy more than ever. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by dabeto: 2:22pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:
I decide to drop this after reading a condescending post about a mother of 3 that just got married to a popular fuji artiste and i implore everyone to read this with an open mind.

Polygamy may not be appropriate for everyone but it remains a viable option for certain groups. Polygamy in Islam is a norm and there is no part in the Bible that forbids it or tags it a sin but rather it is Permissible just as GOD permits Divorce.

The concept of Polygamy is not about Men having many wives but it is geared towards ensuring that every lady who wants to get married can easily have a husband thereby curbing the act of sexual immorality.

Sometimes what may seem inappropriate may be an ideal option and talking about polygamy, i will strongly advise the following group of ladies to give it a thorough consideration.

1. THE WIDOW/DIVORCEE: Except a lady is still very young at the time she lost her husband or got divorced and she has no kids then she just might be fortunate to easily get a single guy who would love to marry her but as we know, many widows and divorcees are usually with kids and of age which makes them more appealing to married men rather than single guys who would prefer to go for young never married ladies. So If you are in this group, stop bothering your head hoping for a single guy except you just want to be toyed with. Consider marrying a married man who is willing to love and care for you.

2. THE NEVER MARRIED LADIES IN THEIR 40s: Many ladies in this group usually have this hope that there just might be one single guy who will be willing to settle down with them AND YES it is very possible just that the chances of this happening is very low. Most guys usually get married in their 30s and except they see a divorcee or a widower then they just might be lucky but unfortunately, even the widower or divorcee will still most likely prefer to go for far younger ladies which makes it even more difficult to come across single guys. My candid advise for this group of ladies is to get a responsible man to settle with regardless of his marital status.

3. THE NEVER MARRIED SINGLE MUMS: I have so many single mums as friends and the common mind-set they still have is that there is one single guy out there who will gladly marry them and some of them have remained celibate for years because according to them, they don't want to marry a married man and they are scared of single guys.... I think it just doesn't make any sense to continue hoping for one single guy to leave millions of ladies without kids to marry you. In most cases, this set of ladies get used by single men who just want to catch cruise with them. If you belong to this group please consider settling down with one responsible married man and avoid getting used by fvk boys in the name of looking for a single guy to marry.

4. THE IMPATIENT MONEY LOVERS/GOLD PICKERS: I honestly see nothing wrong in wanting a made guy after all, everyone has the right to make a choice but the problem i have with this set of ladies is when they put so much demand on a young progressive guy to provide what he can't. Wealth is progressive and except a man is very lucky to make huge money in his early age, I strongly believe that the best bet is for such a lady to look for one rich married man to marry because in most cases, it is men who are married and advanced in age that will be able to provide the type of life style this group of ladies desire .

5. THE UNLUCKY ONES: This group of ladies cut across all ages. They are just unlucky with single guys. They have tried many relationships with single men but they are just so unfortunate and they are totally fed up. My advice to them is to consider polygamy as there are many married men out there who will be willing to marry them and make them happy for as long as they live. It just doesn't make any sense to settle for a jerk just because you want a single man for yourself when there are super responsible married men ready to treat you like a queen.

6.THE SUGAR BABIES: This group of ladies are usually very young and to them, it is ok to date married men or sugar daddies who can take care of them but when it comes to marriage, it is a taboo for them to marry such men. I honestly do not understand how a lady will be having sexual relationship with a married man, enjoy the lavish lifestyle he provides but will find it difficult to marry same man and the worst twist is that in most cases, even after this set of ladies get married, they still linger in the relationship with their sugar daddies. No be juju be dat?

Make i stop here
Apt
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by miqos02(m): 2:26pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

Lol! So what is the point?

I read from vs 1 of that chapter so I understand it clearly... My point is that GOD GAVE A REGULATORY RULE TO GUIDE POLYGAMY.

So I don't undrstand what you meant by saying I'm Wrong so please shed more light. You just quoted without making your point.
verse 11 is continuation of what started in verse 7, which says if a man sells his daughter...
That was a guide/instruction on how to treat servants who became wives. It was talking about their freedom.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by heffem(m): 2:27pm On Nov 20, 2021
This write-up reminds me of Tosyne2much....anyone knows about his whereabout? Thanks
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by miqos02(m): 2:27pm On Nov 20, 2021
heffem:
This write-up reminds me of Tosyne2much....anyone knows about his whereabout? Thanks
true oh.
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by OBALOLA55(m): 2:30pm On Nov 20, 2021
Ernerstdavid55:
wud u marry a man who has many wife??
HINTONA YOUR ANSWER PLEASE
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by descarado: 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2021
How I wish polygamy is among the problems crippling Nigeria.

This guy is always carrying woman matter for head.
Did you mum leave your dad?
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Satazaa: 2:43pm On Nov 20, 2021
Op this is about one of the most brilliant piece I have read in a long time on nairaland and it's so so on point, what a whole lot of ladies do not understand is the there is a wide gulf in the sex demographics and there has to be an entire paradigm shift in the way Ladies still see this issues, it's not about Islam advocating for polygamy alone it's about the fact that men are exposed to more life risk than women and the pool of eligible marriageable men continue to thin out precariously, ladies wake up smell the coffee, in the estate I live in Abuja the estate manager once told that there are twenty three women living all by themselves, and guess what that was a mind blowing revelation undecided

2 Likes

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Ernerstdavid55(m): 2:49pm On Nov 20, 2021
OBALOLA55:
HINTONA YOUR ANSWER PLEASE
u quote the wrong guy am not hitona
Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Jman06(m): 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2021
I cringe at those of you that are always quick to encourage polygamy! And to think that some of you consider yourselves "mature" makes the matter worse.

Our forefathers did polygamy out of ignorance and many of them lived to regret that choice. Polygamy breeds poverty! Most polygamous homes I saw while growing up were mini war fronts!

Step siblings against step siblings, wives against wives, Husband being seen as loving one wife and her children over the other. Even In-laws against In-laws in some cases. Check children from polygamous homes, they're always toxic and battle ready even while dealing with outsiders.

Are we talking about the economic implications Imagine catering for a polygamous family as a man under this government! No be die be that

Polygamy also does not curb sexual immorality and promiscuity, rather it even encourages it. It is even better for a lady to use her vibrator if she cannot find a guy to marry or date her than getting involved in polygamy!

Many people in an attempt to appear "mature" actually expose their ignorance and lack of sound reasoning. It is too bad!

1 Like

Re: Any Lady That Belongs To Any Of These Groups Should Consider Polygamy (opinion) by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2021
Toks2008:

If you watch Nollywood films you will understand why I wrote that.

It usually depicts chaos and strife in polygamous homes but it is not that way in majority of polygamous homes...

And these days men don't put wives together.. They have their seperate abodes and some don't even see each other for as long as the man lives and they only get to see on very rare occasions.

Ask some sugar daddies and they will tell you how many side chics they have in different apartments and their wives have no single Clue.
Are you talking with experience?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Experience With A Single Mother I wanted to marry. / Men Don’t Marry Late !! / 4 Places In Abuja Where You'll Easily Find ‘Slay Queens’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.