Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Dear Men (Happy International men's day) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dear Men (Happy International men's day) (560 Views)

Dear Men, Before You Give A Lady Your Money. / Lady Shares What Makes Men Happy In A Relationship ( Must Read For All Women) / "Dear Men, If You Have Hustled So Hard And No Money, Get Married"- Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Men (Happy International men's day) by pansophist(m): 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2021
Dear men.

I see your pain, your struggle and the burden you carry just for being a man. I see as you fight trying to swim above the responsibility that is trying to swallow you, a responsibility towards yourself and to others in an unforgiven economy. I see so many times you're broken inside, want to run away from yourself, and have no recourse because you're expected to be strong.

I see as you watch all your childhood dreams becoming a fantasy, as you sacrifice yourself for the happiness of others. You've been a pillar that made the world go round, and the first to put your life in line when the situation calls for it. How you're expected to be strong, and your humanity, vulnerability, and happiness secondary.

You were thrown into life without a manual, many of you do not have a responsible father figure that would lead you through the path of masculinity, and present during your transitional phase from a boy to man, making lots of irreparable mistakes due to your innocent naivety, a mistake that could have been avoided if someone just show you how to live.

I see how you give so much to people that you love, of which many lack the capacity to empathise with your hustle. You denied yourself many things because their happiness is your happiness, but only if it is reciprocal. Many of you have never known what true love is, from a woman and even worse, from a parent. You're a lone lion, and you begin to feel it even as early as a teenager.

You live in a world where you're told that you're everything wrong with it, an oppressor, an extension of patriarchy, and you wonder about asking yourself, "but I am suffering". The temptation for crime sets in, as you've looked far into the horizon, and see no redemption out of your predicament, as you asked yourself, is this what it means to be a man?

Humans are inherently strong, and a man can run for thousands of miles, if he is guaranteed that at the finish line, the crown awaits him, you're willing to sacrifice your blood, time, strength, and everything to reach the ideal, but even more sadly, the crown at the finish line isn't there. You went to uni, served the country, promised a brighter future ahead, but still, your best years are behind, not in front of you.

I can go on and on, and on, because I get it. I am a man, and I know intimately well what being a man entails. When I was a boy, I never knew what it meant when I heard the phrase that "to be a man is not a day job", but now I am living it, and it's hard, but it is simultaneously liberating. The world belongs to you to conquer.

For all ye good men out there, I respect you, I honour you, and I love you. You've made my life better in every way, from the driver, to the delivery man, to the electrician and shoe cobbler. The sailor that stays for months on the high sea, so I could conveniently order a product through my phone and it would be on my doorstep. I see you, and I pray God bless you all. You are strong, and the earth belongs to you.

Happy international men's day.

Pansophist.

47 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Dear Men (Happy International men's day) by Bola146(f): 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2021
cool
Re: Dear Men (Happy International men's day) by Drenimarcus(m): 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2021
Happy international's men day! It is so heart wenching that the world did not/wont celebrate men. Keep pushing men, the earth is ours.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Men (Happy International men's day) by Raalsalghul: 10:14pm On Nov 19, 2021
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun

1 Like

Re: Dear Men (Happy International men's day) by Sonoyom(m): 10:25pm On Nov 19, 2021
Thank you so much for this, alot of men will never experience what true love is from their partners because it's only a woman and children that are to be loved unconditionally.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Men (Happy International men's day) by Enigma2049(m): 11:14pm On Nov 19, 2021
Happy international Men's day

1 Like

Re: Dear Men (Happy International men's day) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
Re: Dear Men (Happy International men's day) by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 19, 2021
Hmm. Highly uplifting piece.

1 Like

Re: Dear Men (Happy International men's day) by Oyin2212(m): 6:56am On Nov 20, 2021
pansophist:
Dear men.

I see your pain, your struggle and the burden you carry just for being a man. I see as you fight trying to swim above the responsibility that is trying to swallow you, a responsibility towards yourself and to others in an unforgiven economy. I see so many times you're broken inside, want to run away from yourself, and have no recourse because you're expected to be strong.

I see as you watch all your childhood dreams becoming a fantasy, as you sacrifice yourself for the happiness of others. You've been a pillar that made the world go round, and the first to put your life in line when the situation calls for it. How you're expected to be strong, and your humanity, vulnerability, and happiness secondary.

You were thrown into life without a manual, many of you do not have a responsible father figure that would lead you through the path of masculinity, and present during your transitional phase from a boy to man, making lots of irreparable mistakes due to your innocent naivety, a mistake that could have been avoided if someone just show you how to live.

I see how you give so much to people that you love, of which many lack the capacity to empathise with your hustle. You denied yourself many things because their happiness is your happiness, but only if it is reciprocal. Many of you have never known what true love is, from a woman and even worse, from a parent. You're a lone lion, and you begin to feel it even as early as a teenager.

You live in a world where you're told that you're everything wrong with it, an oppressor, an extension of patriarchy, and you wonder about asking yourself, "but I am suffering". The temptation for crime sets in, as you've looked far into the horizon, and see no redemption out of your predicament, as you asked yourself, is this what it means to be a man?

Humans are inherently strong, and a man can run for thousands of miles, if he is guaranteed that at the finish line, the crown awaits him, you're willing to sacrifice your blood, time, strength, and everything to reach the ideal, but even more sadly, the crown at the finish line isn't there. You went to uni, served the country, promised a brighter future ahead, but still, your best years are behind, not in front of you.

I can go on and on, and on, because I get it. I am a man, and I know intimately well what being a man entails. When I was a boy, I never knew what it meant when I heard the phrase that "to be a man is not a day job", but now I am living it, and it's hard, but it is simultaneously liberating. The world belongs to you to conquer.

For all ye good men out there, I respect you, I honour you, and I love you. You've made my life better in every way, from the driver, to the delivery man, to the electrician and shoe cobbler. The sailor that stays for months on the high sea, so I could conveniently order a product through my phone and it would be on my doorstep. I see you, and I pray God bless you all. You are strong, and the earth belongs to you.

Pansophist.
Like say I should cry

1 Like

Re: Dear Men (Happy International men's day) by CaveAdullam: 7:39am On Nov 20, 2021
Quality essay as usual.

Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Men (Happy International men's day) by AoifeNightfall: 8:05am On Nov 20, 2021
Gay AF
Re: Dear Men (Happy International men's day) by Goalnaldo(m): 12:23pm On Nov 20, 2021
pansophist:
Dear men.

Pansophist.
who is cutting onions? cry

1 Like

Re: Dear Men (Happy International men's day) by SportsHD: 1:16pm On Nov 20, 2021
Epistle.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Women Like Money And They Will Go If You Do Not Have Again / Great Places To Meet Women / Like Eve To Adam,my Neighbour's Wife Will Be My End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.