Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,502 members, 7,781,528 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:13 PM

A Guide On My Career Path - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Guide On My Career Path (273 Views)

Pls Help Me Before 11:59pm, My Career Is At Stake / A Guide On How To Write Your Final Year Project: Chapter One / Morenike Toyin Folayan: I Divorced Because Of My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Guide On My Career Path by wonyi: 6:41am On Nov 20, 2021
Good morning family,

I graduated as a Chemical Engineer with a second class (lower) in 2010.

I have some professional certification like ISPON general and level 3,HYSIS and PDMS. Although I have no experience after acquiring the training.

I also have 5 years experience in teaching. I am married woman with 2 kids. I am 35 years old and also sew from the comfort of my home.

Now the question is, evening is drawing near(thinking of the future). I am limited because I am a woman that has her family to care for. I don't intend opening a shop. I am planning towards retirement and supporting my family. Confused about my career path. Please consider my age and gender.

Should I do a PGD in Education and back it up with diploma in early childhood

Or

PGD in Petroleum engineering then MSC in Petroleum and PhD (with the intention of becoming a consultant)

OR

NEBOSH IGC or NEBOSH NATIONAL.

PLEASE ADVICE. I RESIDE IN PORT HARCOURT
Re: A Guide On My Career Path by Funminded: 7:06am On Nov 20, 2021
Hello ma'am.

From what I read, you are already building a career in Education so except you don't like it, I advice you go ahead to aquire further certifications in the field to further build capacity and compensation range.
Re: A Guide On My Career Path by wonyi: 9:18am On Nov 20, 2021
Funminded:
Hello ma'am.

From what I read, you are already building a career in Education so except you don't like it, I advice you go ahead to aquire further certifications in the field to further build capacity and compensation range.

Thank you very much.
Who knows where I can acquire a diploma in early childhood education in ph or online but at affordable rates?
Re: A Guide On My Career Path by clockwisereport: 10:59am On Nov 20, 2021
wonyi:

Thank you very much.
Who knows where I can acquire a diploma in early childhood education in ph or online but at affordable rates?

Try Ignatius Ajuru University
Re: A Guide On My Career Path by Funminded: 2:44pm On Nov 20, 2021
wonyi:

Thank you very much.
Check out the PG school of National Open University.
Their rates are very affordable and ok for the working class individual.
You can visit the school's website for more information.

All the best!

(1) (Reply)

. / Apply For Scholarship In Canada For International Students Without IELTS 2022/23 / What Courses Is The Best To Study In Polytechnics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.