Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,914 members, 7,802,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Most Read: Heart Felt Msg From A Nigerian Nairalander! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Most Read: Heart Felt Msg From A Nigerian Nairalander! (784 Views)

A Most Read!!! / My Heart Felt Message To GRADUATES Teaching In Private Primary/secondary Schoo / Any Review On Cflead. Got Msg From Them For An Interview On Monday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Read: Heart Felt Msg From A Nigerian Nairalander! by Bigkoko: 8:16am On Nov 20, 2021
How I Lost The Opportunity To Earn $15 This Morning by JavaScript90: 11:00am On Nov 19
As has been my life routine. I woke up this morning and stretched out my hand to pick my phone from the table. I perused my WhatsApp, Facebook and went foward to check my emails. So I opened a mail from Google maps (I am a developer and I have integrated and consumed Google maps APIs on a bunch of websites and applications I built for clients).

So what really caught my attention was that Google promised to pay $15 If i helped them complete a survey on their map products.

So with my heart racing fast and pumping in excitement, I rushed and clicked the link. I selected my employment status, clicked on the select box to indicate my country, alas and behold, Nigeria was not in the list of countries. I scrolled delligently and intermittently between Namibia, Nicaragua,niger and hoping to see Nigeria somewhere but it was not there. To be sure my eyes was not deceiving me, I used my web developer sense to referesh the page, blaming the absence of Nigeria on network problem resulting in incomplete page load. To my surprise Nigeria was not still there.

This is not right, I said to myself. Nigeria has the best developers in Africa both in quality and quantity and some of the highest consumers of Google products.
I am entitled to this free pie and so is other Nigerian developers. We and some Nigerian companies have used and paid for Google products and deserves this pie and nothing will stop me.

So in the midst of my confusion I found an option that indicates 'my country not listed here'. So I selected this option and clicked the next button. Hoping to get directed to where Nigeria is listed so that I can continue with the survey.

My brothers and sisters I was told 'thank you for your time' . No this can't be happening. Something must be wrong, I need to earn this $15. Maybe I must have selected the wrong option. I clicked on the back button but was told that I can't take the survey again.

Okay, enough of the jokes. I did a little research and found out that Nigerians has abused such opportunities in the past and hence, are not qualified for such tasks on most Google products.

The culture of fraud has eaten deep into the very fabric of the Nigerian society.
Ghanians, togolese, benonoise and host of smaller African countries are now open to opportunities a Nigerian has no access to.

The internet is booming. A lot of businesses today are moving their market place online. In the US, the e-commerce sector is worth over $500bn contributing significantly to the GDP and overall economy of the USA. One of the reason for this growth is because of TRUST and HONESTY. An American can meet a fellow American online, interact and seal a business deal without one devicing 'smart' (evil) ways to defraud the other.

Today most Nigerians can't do business online because you are 100% sure to be duped. To make me matters worst, when you complain, you will be termed 'not smart' or foolish.
What is wrong in trusting a fellow Nigerian? For us not to recognize this as a problem shows the depth of decay in our morality.

Chronic internet fraudsters(Yahoo Yahoo) are celebrated. Some have developed 'justifications' for this crime.

Developers like me that do business online are some of the worst people affected by the menace of fraud and bad reputation Nigerians have amassed online and it is only going to get worse. I have lost business opportunities simply because the client I met on Facebook discovered that I am a 'nigerian'. In his words 'Mr Clinton, your works are good but I don't do business with Nigerians online. '

It is time the Nigeria society start combating the menace of fraud. It is the obligation of our religious institutions to condemn fraud in strong terms without mincing words.
It is the responsibility of you, the ordinary Nigerian to be honest in your dealing with your fellow Nigerian without devicing ways to scam each other.
It is the responsibility of our government to increase the punishment for fraud and cybercrimes. The government should also expand the scope of what is defined as fraud. Reneging on a gentleman agreement after receiving monetary inducements is 'fraud'.
Developers like me have a very vital role to play. We can refuse to develop that phising website/script,crypto, investment etc website especially when we know what it will be used for. Think about your future. The same laptop and phone you use to access your Gmail, WhatsApp, Facebook etc is the same device you will use to host a fraudulent website. Don't you know that FBI and other relevant agencies are taking your data? When you get that your dream foreign job and decide to move to a foreign country, you will just end up in jail.

NIGERIANS SAY NO TO FRAUD

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Read: Heart Felt Msg From A Nigerian Nairalander! by JavaScript90: 7:18pm On Nov 20, 2021
I don't know why the mods refused to move that topic to front page
Re: Most Read: Heart Felt Msg From A Nigerian Nairalander! by Bigkoko: 1:01am On Nov 21, 2021
So long they don't support posts like this, the outside world would always see Nigerians as scammers; open and covert. Posts like this are meant to go viral!

JavaScript90:
I don't know why the mods refused to move that topic to front page
Re: Most Read: Heart Felt Msg From A Nigerian Nairalander! by Bigkoko: 11:16pm On Nov 22, 2021
It appears most Africans still have trust issue when doing business.

I'm Rwandan, here in Rwanda, once we signed a contract we do all we can to get it done. That's how we have managed to retain the highest standard of doing business when compared with Developed Countries. That's why business is quite simple here, with fewer bureaucratic bottle neck than anywhere in Africa!

Some do say because of scammers. But I tell you my friend, there are more scammers in USA than anywhere in the world! Yet business get done in USA by those genuinely interested in doing business. Scammers still do their thing and victims still fall.

So what msg are we bringing today?
After a series of meetings yesterday, our boss, decided to make some offers.

If as an entrepreneur your concern is not to fall victim to scammers, well we are not scammers, and certainly hope you are not too, because even us are afraid of helping a scammer get foothold in Rwanda.

And to prove our Company to you, we are making the following offers which we expect serious entrepreneurs to take advantage of:

1. Just like some clients from Ghana and two from Nigeria requested on 22/11/21, ask us to do a video/virtual call with you. With all pleasure our MD/CEO or our business manager will speak to you. And clear your doubt.

2. Give us payment guarantees e.g escrow payment to maybe a known person on Nairaland, after we register your Company and you receive your Company certificate of incorporation and be able to print it directly from RDB website, he pays us. Then if you also need us to open a bank baccount for your business, we commence forthwith.

This action is to prove our genuine ness. So you prove your own genuine ness of taking action to do business that span borders by committing to this arrangement.

I'm not sure who the trustee would be on Nairaland but I'm sure it's not supposed to be a big deal.

Our contact is displayed below. Call or send us a message to get started!
Be assured of our highest regards!

Signed
Mireille Kabanda
Ops Manager
Bigkoko African
Integrated Services LTD
Re: Most Read: Heart Felt Msg From A Nigerian Nairalander! by Bigkoko: 3:48am On May 16, 2022
Hey Nigerians. The Indians ran you guys out of Dubai. Y'all should know now that Dubai is the Mumbai of UAE...

Amongst the developing countries I surveyed, it's the Indians y'all are competing against in terms of work, skills and experience.

What better strategy than to give a bad name to every Nigerians, so as to wittle down the competition in the job market.
Re: Most Read: Heart Felt Msg From A Nigerian Nairalander! by Angelacruz: 10:50am On May 16, 2022
Scammer...
Re: Most Read: Heart Felt Msg From A Nigerian Nairalander! by Bigkoko: 11:20am On May 16, 2022
Angelacruz:
Scammer...

Sometimes the way, low lives like you talk is reason enough to allow Africans wallow in poverty!

Especially the very poor, who I believe you fall under the category. So quick to speak, and so slow to even read. Idiot that could not even deem it fit to spend 10MB of Data to call the number to ascertain if it's scam or not. And to prevent it....

Go and look at the mirror, tell your self I don't want to be poor because the poor people sees everything as a scam because they can not afford basic stuffs to verify they claims.

What a name! Angelacruz!
Re: Most Read: Heart Felt Msg From A Nigerian Nairalander! by Bigkoko: 12:09pm On May 16, 2022
This is the Czar of Bigkoko African Integrated Services Ltd Kigali Rwanda...

Angelacruz indeed... what a name! Everything is Cruise to you. No wonder no one takes the black race seriously. An idiot sitting in his house that lacks basic amenities, will pick up a phone and spew trash without as much as simple verification of facts, when treasured information are given for Free. Such person who has never been to an airport before...

Show your self let's see how an idiot look like!

Re: Most Read: Heart Felt Msg From A Nigerian Nairalander! by Angelacruz: 12:44pm On May 16, 2022
I think you misunderstood my comment.I read your thread n what i was trying to say is because 75 percent of Nigerians are scammers n can never keep to their words.

You can't even order things online because they will scam you.

You can't even partner with a Nigerian to do business because they will run you down

You can't even borrow a Nigerian money because they won't pay back.

Some Nigerians offering services online are scammers n d that is why people from other countries sees us as scammer.

Of recent,UK lunched a work visa for graduates in other countries to come and work in their country but our dear Nigerian graduates was exempted from the list.Too bad.

Gracias!
Bigkoko:
So long they don't support posts like this, the outside world would always see Nigerians as scammers; open and covert. Posts like this are meant to go viral!

Re: Most Read: Heart Felt Msg From A Nigerian Nairalander! by Bigkoko: 2:28pm On May 16, 2022
Angelacruz:
I think you misunderstood my comment.I read your thread n what i was trying to say is because 75 percent of Nigerians are scammers n can never keep to their words.

You can't even order things online because they will scam you.

You can't even partner with a Nigerian to do business because they will run you down

You can't even borrow a Nigerian money because they won't pay back.

Some Nigerians offering services online are scammers n d that is why people from other countries sees us as scammer.

Of recent,UK lunched a work visa for graduates in other countries to come and work in their country but our dear Nigerian graduates was exempted from the list.Too bad.

Gracias!

Most of these ills are also prevalent in Western world.

Look my friend... I'm Researcher. Business Development & Support Expert who interact with lots of Statutory Gov agencies in Nigeria, here in Kigali Rwanda on behalf of clients! I have what you may call a huge experience...

Just last week, I interacted with the Central Bank of Rwanda called BNR on behalf of a Nigerian born entrepreneur with partners in Europe.... I'm not blowing my trumpet, ok just so that you know my background....

Back to the Nigeria question.
There's a conspiracy when you label, profile and tag more than 200 million people in black just because of some criminals. There are more than 10,000 Nigerian born doctors in USA and Canada Alone. Don't you think such work permit ban in UAE affects such professionals if they don't have alternate passport of a 3rd country?

America, that lovely country we all love going to, has the highest number of scammers in the world, now and maybe in the next 20 years. Good News is, if you are caught, it doesn't matter how long ago it was committed, you serve the term. But I have never read, or seen anyone where all Americans are profiled as scammers, leading to a work visa blacklist! Do I need to talk about gun violence?

Let me tell you, every scammer leaves a computer or software trail. They always get caught. So why would UAE blacklist all Nigerians on a work permit? Hold the Indians responsible.

Dubai is middle East Mumbai. You might not understand how these things work underground.

Nigeria represent Africa in terms of strength, economy, innovation, ambition etc.

Nigerians can't compete with the Chinese, but they can with the Indians and tell me, which other large economy breeds like rats if not Nigeria, India & China? India and Nigeria seeks to solve their unemployment problems through UAE, formally or informally.

In one stroke the Indians strucked a gold mine in Dubai. More Indians gained employment because their competitor; Nigeria is out of the show! This is my message!

You can't blacklist everyone because of some unscrupulous, dinghies who you can track & made to face Justice. It runs contrally to Principles of Natural justices, laws of God and Universe Human Rights.

If Nigerian leaders are alive to their responsibilities, these are stuffs the foreign ministry should make one of it's focal point.

In one of my depositions, I recommended, if a scammer is caught & jailed abroad, after serving his sentences there, he be deported and also, serve half of the sentence in Nigeria for the embarrassment it caused other Nigerians living legitimately.

But do you think your leaders those one you guy's are currently fighting your selves over would approve such law? I'm not interested in an answer because I know they won't.... Because of the stashed cash abroad!

Anyway, thanks for your comments. And forgive my outburst! Allegations carries a huge lot of weight, it's easier to destroy than to build.

Maramuze (thanks) as we say here!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Read: Heart Felt Msg From A Nigerian Nairalander! by Angelacruz: 3:20pm On May 16, 2022
To be very frank,Nigeria will never get better .Before you will hardly heard of yahoo n ritualist ,but now it is like a norm here.With the increased in population n unemployment,i am afraid to say that Nigeria is finished.

The government n d judiciary system is very porous to punish culprit because of greed and they are also commit d same crime.Cheers!
Bigkoko:

Most of these ills are also prevalent in Western world.

Look my friend... I'm Researcher. Business Development & Support Expert who interact with lots of Statutory Gov agencies in Nigeria, here in Kigali Rwanda on behalf of clients! I have what you may call a huge experience...

Just last week, I interacted with the Central Bank of Rwanda called BNR on behalf of a Nigerian born entrepreneur with partners in Europe.... I'm not blowing my trumpet, ok just so that you know my background....

Back to the Nigeria question.
There's a conspiracy when you label, profile and tag more than 200 million people in black just because of some criminals. There are more than 10,000 Nigerian born doctors in USA and Canada Alone. Don't you think such work permit ban in UAE affects such professionals if they don't have alternate passport of a 3rd country?

America, that lovely country we all love going to, has the highest number of scammers in the world, now and maybe in the next 20 years. Good News is, if you are caught, it doesn't matter how long ago it was committed, you serve the term. But I have never read, or seen anyone where all Americans are profiled as scammers, leading to a work visa blacklist! Do I need to talk about gun violence?

Let me tell you, every scammer leaves a computer or software trail. They always get caught. So why would UAE blacklist all Nigerians on a work permit? Hold the Indians responsible.

Dubai is middle East Mumbai. You might not understand how these things work underground.

Nigeria represent Africa in terms of strength, economy, innovation, ambition etc.

Nigerians can't compete with the Chinese, but they can with the Indians and tell me, which other large economy breeds like rats if not Nigeria, India & China? India and Nigeria seeks to solve their unemployment problems through UAE, formally or informally.

In one stroke the Indians strucked a gold mine in Dubai. More Indians gained employment because their competitor; Nigeria is out of the show! This is my message!

You can't blacklist everyone because of some unscrupulous, dinghies who you can track & made to face Justice. It runs contrally to Principles of Natural justices, laws of God and Universe Human Rights.

If Nigerian leaders are alive to their responsibilities, these are stuffs the foreign ministry should make one of it's focal point.

In one of my depositions, I recommended, if a scammer is caught & jailed abroad, after serving his sentences there, he be deported and also, serve half of the sentence in Nigeria for the embarrassment it caused other Nigerians living legitimately.

But do you think your leaders those one you guy's are currently fighting your selves over would approve such law? I'm not interested in an answer because I know they won't.... Because of the stashed cash abroad!

Anyway, thanks for your comments. And forgive my outburst! Allegations carries a huge lot of weight, it's easier to destroy than to build.

Maramuze (thanks) as we say here!

(1) (Reply)

What Are You Currently Chasing? / Importance Of It In Research / Ericsson Test Format Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.