Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,914 members, 7,806,656 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday (9246 Views)

Today Is Christ The Universe King Sunday / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by apogeez(m): 6:47am On Nov 21, 2021
The solemnity of our lord Jesus Christ the king Sunday, It celebrate the widely inclusive power of Christ as Ruler and Master of the universe.

Authoritatively called the feast of Our Master Jesus Christ the Lord also known as (Feast of Corpus Christi) was founded by Pope Puis XI in 1925 during a time when respect for Christ and the Church was waning, when the feast was needed most.

Pius hoped the institution of the feast would have various effects. They were:
1. That nations would see that the Church has the right to freedom, and immunity from the state ( Quas Primas , 32).

2. That leaders and nations would see that they are bound to give respect to Christ ( Quas Primas , 31).

3. That the faithful would gain strength and courage from the celebration of the feast, as we are reminded that Christ must reign in our hearts, minds, wills, and bodies ( Quas Primas , 33).

Today, the same distrust of authority exists, although the problem has gotten worse. Individualism has been embraced to such an extreme, that for many, the only authority is the individual self.

Feast of Corpus Christi is celebrated on the last Sunday of ordinary Time according to Catholic believe, the Sunday before Advent
In 2016, the feast falls on November 20th which is the closure of the jublie year of mercy.

As a catholic I give my self one week preparing for the feast and proccesion.. what about?

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Newyorkitis(m): 7:12am On Nov 21, 2021
Alleluia!
Chist is the King of the Universe!

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by NaijaCover(m): 7:21am On Nov 21, 2021
Thank You Lord Jesus Christ For Making To Be A Professional Blogger

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by UAE123(m): 7:22am On Nov 21, 2021
A procession that is worth embarking on with absolute gladness and a day to show my Catholic belief to anybody that cares to know.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Uyi168: 3:53pm On Nov 21, 2021
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by TabletMan: 3:53pm On Nov 21, 2021
Corpus Christi
Christus Rex Est

Jesus Igweee!!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:53pm On Nov 21, 2021
Christ is the king everlasting.

Proudly Catholic.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Tonymegabush1(m): 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2021
Christ thee king ���

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Jemerson: 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2021
Who is, who was, and who is to come

28 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by NwaNimo1(m): 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2021

3 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by xeratek: 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2021
Is Jesus still fvcking Christ? wink

1 Like

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Finewarriboy: 3:55pm On Nov 21, 2021
Oga Pablo

As na Christian trend so, no taking of oath before u enter...

4 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Majesty33(m): 3:55pm On Nov 21, 2021
I enjoyed today's mass at my local parish. Glory to Jesus!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Haakeem(m): 3:55pm On Nov 21, 2021
Fvck jesus the fake prophet.

2 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by ILoveDemMANNA: 3:56pm On Nov 21, 2021
JESUS CHRIST THE KING OF KINGS.

I am dedicating this some to all Christians on Nairaland,
Be you Yoruba, Igbo or Hausas.
(especially my role model and mentor, dem MANNA da Truth),
The song na WAZOBIA.
I love am die....
Who knows the Title and the Artist name?
Enjoy.

C’mon Everybody
Let’s enter into His gates with Thanksgiving
And into His courts with Praise
Join me
C’mon
Balalolalolalelo

You do well oh
You take care of me
Mo m’ore
Uhuhuhuhuh, You do well oh
You do well oh
You take care of me
Mo m’ore

A dúpẹ’ bàbá fún ore ńlá rẹ
Àwa dúpẹ’ bàbá fún ore àánú rẹ
Ìgbà t’aye yomi
Ẹyin l’àbò mí
Ìgbà t’aye kọ’ mí
Ẹyin mo sá tọ’
Jésù mo m’ore
Ẹku’ ìtọ’jú mí

Ẹ ṣé gan ni
Ẹku’ ìtọ’jú mí
Mo m’ore
Ẹku’ ìtọ’jú mí
Ẹ ṣe gaani
Ẹku’ ìtọ’jú mí
Mo m’ore
Mele gbàgbé ore rẹ láyé mí
Ẹ ṣé gaani
Ẹku’ itọju mí
Mo m’ore
Mele sàì dúpẹ’ lójojúmọ’ oo
Ẹ ṣé gaani
Ẹku’ ìtọ’jú mi
Mom’ore

Modupe bàbá oo
Fún ore ńlá rẹ
Ògbénúadélébọ’ ṣògo
Mo wá júbà lọdọ rẹ
B’ọ’dún ṣe ń b’ọ’dún láyé oo
Bẹẹni ore rẹ láyé mí pọ’si
Gbèsè ọpẹ mi pọ sugbọn
Ngo ṣe wọn tí mo léṣe
Jésù mo m’ore
Ẹkú ìtọ’jú mí
Ẹ ṣe gaani
Ẹkú ìtọ’jú mí
Mom’ore
Orísun ayọ’ mí mo júbà lọ’dọ’ rẹ
Ẹ ṣe gaani
Ẹkú ìtọ’jú mí
Mom’ore
Àti ní lẹ’yìn kojú máa tí ni
Ẹ ṣe gaani (Baba Mi)
Ẹkú ìtọ’jú mí
Mom’ore
Olùtọ́jú ènìyàn mo yín ọ lógo
Ẹ ṣe gaani (Awimayehun)
Ẹkú ìtọ’jú mí
Mom’ore
Mo Wa Fope fun bàbá o eeeeee.

Mma Mma Gi Ejuwom obi le
Ngozi gi o ne mem obi nsori nsori
Ekele oma, ottuto oma, ojija mma dirigi
Jesus anama si gi dalu o

Dalu Dalu
Onye ne me mma
Adim grateful
Sia Dalu chukwu Mee
Dalu Dalu
Onye ne me mma
Adim grateful
Eyele ‘abasi Agwalamo
Agwalamo
Sia fọn ká là mi
Sọ sọ
Sia fọn mu teghetewon teghe
Agwalamo
Sia fọn ká má mi
Sọ sọ
Ubangiji Mugode oo
Mugode o
Le ga du má yin
Mugode
Domi alerika soa kalemu
Mugode o

Le ga du má yin
Mugode
Ngode
Emabamiki baba oo, babaa mi oo
Ẹ ṣe gaani (Baba Mi)
Ẹkú ìtọ’jú mí
Mom’ore
Come follow me praise and thank him for holy blessings
You do well oo
You take care of me
Momoreeeeee
Ooohh ooohh oohhh oohhh yeeeehh

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by ILoveDemMANNA: 3:56pm On Nov 21, 2021
Haakeem:
Fvck jesus the fake prophet.
Just imagine!
You think you can just come online to type any trash just because you have one palasa phone?
Angel neva give u better slap before abi?
Who do you dis tin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by tiswell(m): 3:56pm On Nov 21, 2021
All hail the king, Jesus!!!

13 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by godisshit(m): 3:56pm On Nov 21, 2021
✝️✝️✝️

3 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by flexlatifa: 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2021
Any body that says no GOD is a big fool.

I am a living testimony of Jesus Christ.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2021
Yes oo! Glory to Jesus, honour to Mary and Joseph.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Shaev7(m): 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2021
Universal King.
#Catholica

15 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by illicit(m): 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2021
Who king help
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by ILoveDemMANNA: 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2021
tiswell:
All hail the king, Jesus!!!
Jesus Rocks!
This reminds me of a story told here by my mentor and role model, dem Aunty MANNA.

(Let me see if I can find it)
Found!

post=100468592:
Nairalanders.

Jesus is the Reason for the Season.

Gospel Joke of the Weekend.....

After countless years of Jesus being in the spotlight,
The Devil had had enough.
He issued a challenge to Jesus; whoever writes the longest story on Microsoft Word wins.
Jesus accepts, and they get to it.
After hours and hours of frantic typing, there is suddenly a power cut.
The Devil is furious, whilst Jesus remains calm.
As soon as the power comes back, he boots up his computer and has lost all his work,
before seeing Jesus calmly typing from where he left off. Lucifer is not happy at all,
He was calling Jesus a cheat,
Then God intervenes, proclaiming Jesus the winner.

The moral of the story?
JESUS SAVES!!

wink wink wink
(Only the wise will understand wink)

Jesus does not ROCK one bit. He is powerless.
You see one of them and their oga hiding behind politics to castigate and type all manner of rubbish on Dem MANNA's love for God.
Jesus will show you himself that he is all powerful in due time,
And he will let you know he is your maker and the maker of everyone in your lineage.

I will always pray for your souls.
JESUS LOVES YOU still!

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by jpmoriarti(m): 3:58pm On Nov 21, 2021
But that terbancle is reminiscent of old covenant. Are we not in the new covenant?
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 3:59pm On Nov 21, 2021
Jesus bu Eze

5 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by NarcissistKing(m): 4:00pm On Nov 21, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

Just imagine!
You think you can just come online to type any trash just because you have one palasa phone?
Angel neva give u better slap before abi?
Who do you dis tin

At the bolded, not everyone is gullible to believe such.
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by ILoveDemMANNA: 4:01pm On Nov 21, 2021
NarcissistKing:

At the bolded, not everyone is gullible to believe such.
Okay continue.
Read below and I leave you to your effontery.
Na u and ur maker get talk, no be me and you.
Kontinue....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by floss(m): 4:02pm On Nov 21, 2021
Ok
Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Foodqueen(f): 4:03pm On Nov 21, 2021
The Lord be with you....

And with your spirit

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by Mandesz(m): 4:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
This is nice. I saw a church match pass the street of taiwo, ilorin just now and wondered why. This is lovely!

10 Likes

Re: The Solemnity Of Christ The King Sunday by ILoveDemMANNA: 4:04pm On Nov 21, 2021
Foodqueen:
The Lord be with you....

And with your spirit
Amen, and also with you Queen kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Could Atheism Be Considered The Gay Religion? / Help! This Church Near My House Wont Let Me Sleep. / Jesus Christ Life: A Fiction Or Fairy Tale?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.