Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver (37355 Views)

Bank Work Or Bolt Driver? / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja / “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by helicoptarr: 2:05pm On Nov 21, 2021
YoungRay007:
Please nairalanders, advise me on this issue, I am thinking of a business to do but am confuse, I was thinking of opening a restaurant in a good location but my very good friend who is a bolt driver is advising me to buy a used Toyota car and register it under bolt and start driving.

I know every business has risks and reward, please what are the advantages and disadvantages of being a Uber or bolt driver, and is it that lucrative, please reply

You may do it for a limited time but do NOT stick to it.

Save money to venture into another business. You don't want to know what Uber drivers are facing everyday.
It's not true that it's lucrative, except your definition of 'lucrative' is warped.

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 21, 2021
Arizonaz:
I'm here to learn because I want to enter into driving.
please don't take Arizona before driving...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by treatise: 2:08pm On Nov 21, 2021
Go for local styled restaurant (not Mr Biggs/Chicken Republic) standard. More of Nigerians patronize that type or restaurant

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by TimeTraveller: 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2021
An underrated pro: You will shag ladies for free.
I am not even joking.
Some girls will ask you if they can pay with sex.
Others will just tell you plainly that they are Hot.
No cap, I mean it.

Please, note, I mean consensual shagging o!

3 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 21, 2021
Olayetan:

You no want 100k a week?
Na thief him be. I just had to comment even tho e no concern me. Tomorrow hom go carry bible go church, or mosque go dey shout alla waqubar.

12 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Think9ja(m): 2:10pm On Nov 21, 2021
What I know is that bolt cannot build a career for you

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Ajani2plus(m): 2:15pm On Nov 21, 2021
My bro, my candid advise would be that you go for the restaurant business and perhaps you might make I bigger with that as far as u employ good cooks who knows how to prepare good delicacies. Uber or bolt is good too but things are somehow hard this days...most of the customers have gotten their own cars even expensive ones. The only customers left are those who takes maximum trip between N500 to N1800 worth trips. To those saying they take home N10,000 after expenses na blatant lie. To see one ride this days sef na war. People's view on that platform was due to the old glory it has. I was once a rider; I work fulltime between 9am to 9pm weekends nd I make nothing lesser than 16k after removing expenses. But now the business is no longer how it was then. I seldomly work on their platforms. I have my own car. I prefer car hire/traveling. Also planning on getting a space bus for commuting inter state (that's the norm in 9ja). Please think of something else. Lemme tell u something my bro. Driving with Uber/Bolt will take all ur time and make u stingy even yo urself. GO FOR THE RESTAURANT BIZ.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by formular760: 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
Okay because you wan give tips you come go snap your junior brother wey dey enjoy sound sleep hia

Jh0wsef:
Pros
You get tips from people if you're nice / good looking.

Cons
- police fit stop you check wetin no exist
- drunk people fit enter your car from club dey constitute nuisance
- person fit point gun for your head carry your motor go sell for owode
- person fit connect to your Bluetooth dey play naira marley
- if you're good looking, woman fit assault you sexually. Gay men fit rub your chest when you dey run 100km/hr
- God go come catch you. your rider go get 80% discount off. You go travel 20 miles, trip go be N700 grin grin grin
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Winnerly: 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2021
TimeTraveller:
An underrated pro: You will shag ladies for free.
I am not even joking.

Please, note, I mean consensual shagging o!

How does this happen?
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by WELLINGTON01: 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2021
Jh0wsef:
Pros
You get tips from people if you're nice / good looking.

Cons
- police fit stop you check wetin no exist
- drunk people fit enter your car from club dey constitute nuisance
- person fit point gun for your head carry your motor go sell for owode
- person fit connect to your Bluetooth dey play naira marley
- if you're good looking, woman fit assault you sexually. Gay men fit rub your chest when you dey run 100km/hr
- God go come catch you. your rider go get 80% discount off. You go travel 20 miles, trip go be N700 grin grin grin

bros I swear out of all those cons you mentioned above, none of them really be issue to me ooo...

apart from that thieve matter chai...niger which way...well is better to try somethin than to be idle

we move...with God

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by formular760: 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2021
Stormeverbright:
My first FTC for more than a decade i have been using nairalander.
Please the person in charge of the bank transfer should notify me immediately, i need to buy Christmas eye glass now before them go inflate the price grin

2 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by uncleck: 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2021
Juanmike:
Pls why did you say so about restaurant?
To run a successful restaurant, you must reduce all other aspects of life to zero; no more clubbing, sporting, even sleeping will have to be sacrificed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by AK481(m): 2:24pm On Nov 21, 2021
You see things at night in lekki

5 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by skywalker240(m): 2:25pm On Nov 21, 2021
sammirano:
People come dey dread Naija used cars. grin we are not all bad users
mei iyons tire oo. grin
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by AK481(m): 2:27pm On Nov 21, 2021
Thesaint141:
Better go open ur restaurant and have peace of mind, I don talk finish.

Na for restaurant peace come dey ?
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Santdsaint: 2:28pm On Nov 21, 2021
I will advice u do anything that it's success depends deeply on you otherwise employees can make u stranded and frustrated.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by uuzba(m): 2:29pm On Nov 21, 2021
[quote author=formular760 post=107828399][/quote]

Well, it's a position relegated to life under achievers.
They have never achieved anything in life, hence they take this particular 1st position as their only win. Ever!
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by iReddington: 2:30pm On Nov 21, 2021
clothingonline:
I need someone I can give Nissan for bolt or Uber you pay 50k weekly

You maintain the car

No nah, make it atleast 150k weekly!!!

You must be a very greedy and lazy person. Make the person dey work, and you go dey chop. Haba na, fear God small.

8 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by checky619: 2:31pm On Nov 21, 2021
clothingonline:
I need someone I can give Nissan for bolt or Uber you pay 50k weekly

You maintain the car

You no like 1m a week

2 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by authority2006(m): 2:31pm On Nov 21, 2021
chitransco:
interesting...this Uber/Bolt is a very nice concept...but trust Nigerians to start uselessing the whole thing very soon...they will soon start commiting some serious kidnappings nd other sundry crimes with it..
[s] cus everything Nigerians touch will eventually die.. [/s] . SMH...

What a mentality! Is this self hate or something worse?
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by authority2006(m): 2:31pm On Nov 21, 2021
checky619:

You no like 1m a week
iReddington:

No nah, make it atleast 150k weekly!!!

You must be a very greedy and lazy person. Haba na, fear God small.
Lol.

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by stacyadams: 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2021
DropsMic:
Cons:Driving Nigerian Ladies

One told me that he lost all respect he had for our ladies when he registered for bolt
angry fact bro... the thing will hit u like covid,,if ur not married and u do bolt,, marriage will not be in ur agenda
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Originalsly: 2:33pm On Nov 21, 2021
Go for restaurant business. Bolt/Uber is like playing Russian Roulette all day. You can lose your car or your life any moment. Location?

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by ifekon: 2:35pm On Nov 21, 2021
I am really interested in Uber business but l need somebody to give me car on hire purchase, l stay around Ojo Lagos. Contact me on "zero eight zero six nine five five zero nine three eight", am very very serious about it.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by nymphomaniac(m): 2:36pm On Nov 21, 2021
stacyadams:
angry fact bro... the thing will hit u like covid,,if ur not married and u do bolt,, marriage will not be in ur agenda
why? Are they rude? Badly dressed?
Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by authority2006(m): 2:36pm On Nov 21, 2021
killALIEN:

Na thief him be. I just had to comment even tho e no concern me. Tomorrow hom go carry bible go church, or mosque go dey shout alla waqubar.

Allahu Akbar

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by stacyadams: 2:37pm On Nov 21, 2021
Winnerly:

How does this happen?

When they know they don't have money for bolt, instead of using bus,they will use bolt and start trading clito currency when it's time to pay or when the client they went to meet suddenly switches off his phone...and the girl get zero naira to her name in her bank account

4 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by stacyadams: 2:40pm On Nov 21, 2021
nymphomaniac:
why? Are they rude? Badly dressed?

All of the above,jumping from one hotel to another on dickk appiontments,lying to their boyfriend's hup han Dan ..just get a car and drive for one month,u will understand better �

2 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Jac007(m): 2:41pm On Nov 21, 2021
Olayetan:
Bolt/Uber isn't bad

But make sure you leave your heart at home whenever you're going out so you won't feel pained when those loose girls lash you with their mouth

Also have little knowledge about lagos road network before you go around 1 place in 3times, rider fit kill you with insults if you don't know faster route.

And my advise, always drive gently.

The work is lucrative if you set your mind on a target and don't be greedy, when you're tired, pls go home and sleep....

Avoid areas like
Satellite
Ojo
Agbara
Badagry
Epe
Ikorodu
Apapa
Agbado
Sango
Anywhere after long bridge
Festac
Ikotun, abranje side.

No fear, when you start, in your 1st month, you will be able to decide whether to continue or quit.

Guy what's the issue with Ikotun? This guy no want make we see bolt go house again o. sad

2 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver by Olayetan(m): 2:44pm On Nov 21, 2021
Jac007:

Guy what's the issue with Ikotun? This guy no want make we see bolt go house again o. sad

Red flag zone....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Picture: Anything Bad Spending My Salary This Way? / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / Skye Bank Salary Scale: Salary Of Skye Bank Nigeria PLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.