Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? (38591 Views)

FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students / Am Looking For A School That Has A Diploma Form On Sale Now Around The East And South / Where Can One Attend A Diploma Or Predegree Programme To Start I Am Tied Of Ume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by Tosbi(m): 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2007
Please Help Me If You Know More About The French Village In Badagry

Please, I want to know about studying French for a Diploma cert at the French Cultural Village in Badagry. I will be immensely grateful if any one can help me out including how to go about it. Thanks
Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by pixie(f): 9:48pm On Jul 26, 2007
tobsi,

getting a diploma in french is good. i heard recently that the tuition fees have been raised but you didn't say which you wanted to enrol for i.e part time or full time.
let me have more details adn i'll try to make further enquiries for you. all the best
Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2007
hey pixie, i'd be glad for that info cheesy
Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by Mandora(f): 8:39am On Jul 27, 2007
French Village like the name suggests is a village. It keeps u out of touch wit town n d original idea was dat d seclusion wld spur u 2 learn d language faster because u'd have no distractions but I dont think dey've acheieved their objectives. I speak dis way because I've been there as an undergraduate n as a post graduate n I'm not very impressed. Worst is d fact many of dem finish wit d so called diplomas n certificates n still come out wit little or nothing. I knw a girl who went there did a diploma n still came out 2 to join an elementary class in Alliance Française. I used 2 work in Alliance n I knw many of dem still go 2 Alliance. So may b u r better of at Alliance. But if u feel u need 2 get away 4rm home den may b u shld go there but in d long run u are better off Allinace Française.

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by ciliayetty(f): 9:04am On Jul 27, 2007
i did a certificate programme at French Village last year as at then we paid 30,000 for tuition while full diploma students paid 80,000 and would stay for a period of 8months but with the certificate, you will stay for 3months and at your own convinence, go back for module 2 and later on or immediately go for your module 3 and then you will be awarded a diploma. So if you aint doing anything now, you can go for the diploma which is at a stretch.
The school is interesting but stressful, you must attend your classes and with the school id card, you could visit any Africa French speaking country without problemand you get to go for excursion in Benin Republic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by rosaire(f): 4:03pm On Jul 27, 2007
yes like Mandora rightly pointed out. Alliance is a very good place for someone with little or no knowledge of French to learn both speaking and writing of the language. Alliance Francaise has branches in many states in Nigeria: Owerri, Jos, Kaduna, Kano, Port Harcourt, Lagos . Just the few I know. They also run a diploma course. All the best as you join us in the knowledge of French.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by amajor: 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2007
hei felas, Alliance francaise is gud n it will help u in all angles. i' m talking 4rm experience, as a french graduate,cos i've bn to FRENCH VILLAGE,n i knw wat i'm talking about.Most of us dat made it der was out of personal efforts, and experiece 4rm our skuls. bt 4 debuttants( beginners) like u, it's beta u opt 4or alliance 4 quicker and easy assimilation.bt u can as wel giv it a trial maybe they've improved, i was der 2003,u knw its along time now and a lot of tins might hav changed 4 beta now.al d same, bonne chance!

1 Like

Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by Beline(f): 12:53pm On Jul 30, 2007
Mes amis vous parlez bien, AF is the best as I have some firends who passed thru French Village but now in AF starting from Elementary classes, in AF you will be thought how to read, write, speak, listen and understand simultaneously. My friends in French Village have spelling and conjugation problems even after their graduation.

I will advice you if you have time just go and register for an intensive program at AF and you will not regret any kobo spent there. By the way I AM IN B CLASS NOW.

J'espere voir vous

1 Like

Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by eagleroland(m): 10:58am On Aug 01, 2007
Mes amis, je me present, je suis M. Olijo. Je parle et ecris Francais bien. But I need to have a deeper understanding of the language. AF has moved from the French Cultural Center on former Kingsway Road in Ikoyi. Where is it located now and what is the cost like for a Diploma?

God bless you.
Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by Tosbi(m): 6:59pm On Aug 02, 2007
Thanks so much for your replies. I am immensely grateful and glad at the comments u guys gave, but i will like to know the contact info ( phone number, address & e-mail if available ), Tution fee and duration of study at AF. I will also like to know if the Diploma can also be used for Direct Entry into the university. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 05, 2009
yeah tobsi. je suis etudiante de la langue francaise et j'ai decouvert qu'il vaut mieux d'aller dans un pays ou tout le monde parle francais. La ou ils ont le francais comme langue officielle. i was fortunate to spend some time in togo and france. for sum1 who thought she had difficulties in language assimilation, i picked up reall fast. go where they dont understand a word of english and you will be surprised. i guarantee you that. smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by slimslim: 12:12pm On May 07, 2009
Hello All,

Can someone please provide answers to Tosby last question. Someone here is interested. Had already purchased form for the 3 months certificate course in NFLV and registration is to commence next week. Adequate information will assist in considering whether to register with NFLV or not.

Thanks.
Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by Parnassuss(m): 2:57pm On May 30, 2009
is it not feasible in the least, my good people, to run both programs simultaneously or concurrently?
Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by Hoyinda: 5:33pm On Sep 02, 2009
Hi friends, the language is one i can die for , but i still have a problem with my french cos i seriiously wish to polish it, wotis the fees of alliance francaise like?
Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by bimmyd2000(f): 9:13am On Oct 28, 2009
I need advise, i want my kids 2 and 3 years to learn french as an immersion programme not just to watch cds or stuff i would have taken them to the french school but the problem is distance. i live in Egbeda and the school is in Lekki. Can anyone give me an advise on what i can do does a place like French village cater for kids or i just need advise i want them to learn the language when they are young now and be able to speak it fluently.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by erigirl: 2:57pm On Jan 26, 2010
pls does badagry french village have part time
Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by fabby26(m): 6:09pm On Jan 26, 2010
How can i locate any Alliance' francais centre @ Port Harcourt, where i stay.I really need to enrol in the study of french. Do they have these centres in all states of the Fedration. Pls I need ur help of anyone wit the idea,Am not too famailiar wit places in PH.
Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by erigirl: 1:13pm On Jan 27, 2010
pls does any one knows their website, or any where we can get more information on them through net or phone number
i would be very grateful
Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by jamaka(f): 4:41pm On Feb 06, 2010
a mon avis, je crois que les ecoles francaise comme french village et alliance francaise n'ont pas les information que nous voulons comme le numero portable, je crois que ons preferonts que nous viendrais a la son office pour gagne les informations wink. alors il dois que si nous voulons les informations, nous allons en ba nous memes . si'l vous plaites, si je n'ecrire bien le langue, ne hesitate pas me corrigues ca faites longues temps. merci mes amis grin

1 Like

Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by sidal: 1:49am On Feb 22, 2010
Hello ,

I am   from Niger(Francophone Republic)  so sorry for my english!
I am student in France ,since 2005 . I am loocking for a nigérian student  in order to discuss , cause I like Nigeria .I speak hausa and I love  Nigerian  films.

Merci

1 Like

Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by Nnanna1: 9:42am On Feb 22, 2010
Sidal, My name is Prince, a Nigerian. We can be friends as long as life lasted. Here's my contact: +234 812 158 1589, princeiroka@yahoo.com. My French teacher is from Niger. He's name is Rodrick. Let me have your contact for a possible visit.

Ton amie,
Prince.
Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by Colotrends: 2:52am On May 27, 2010
well, alliance francaise is pretty good. I learnt everything there. They have centres in Alagomeji- opp Gtbank, Ikeja- inside ikj pry sch premises and Ikoyi, Ruxton Road- opp home science. Their fees have increased over the years, but it is value for your money. Get your foundation there and then go any where else. As for the lady who asked for kids enrolment, yep, they do summer stuff for kids @ alliance.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by toboy: 8:32pm On May 28, 2010
Moi,j'ai fait mes études de français lors j'étais au lycée.c'est car j'ai une très solide passions pour français,je crois et rêve d'aller hors nigéria.i love u all .Restez en forme!!!
Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by adamiracle: 10:04am On Jun 30, 2010
Bonjour, pls i want to know what it will take to obtain a diploma in french. thanks
Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by eonaiviv: 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2010
Evry body is talking of hw good AF is nd one imp questn has nt been answered, HW MUCH IS IT ABEG

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by adamiracle: 8:19am On Jul 07, 2010
dat is xactly wat i wnt to knw.
Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by Nnanna1: 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2010
Adamiracle, AF charges has increased in Lagos. I love the study though, I started mine in Jos. It's bn awesome so to say. But right now, I'm taking an adventurous trip to Benin and hopefully to continue studying there so that the french speaking will flow. Keep in touch. Here's my +234 812 158 1589, 706 324 4200 n princeiroka@yahoo.com. Au revoir!!
Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by adamiracle: 5:48pm On Jul 23, 2010
Nnanna, dat's really nice at least u can flow wen u get 2 Benin. I wnt 2 know d charges in Lagos cos I can't go out of lag.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by Nnanna1: 10:44am On Jul 29, 2010
Adamiracle, here in lagos there's basically 3 AF's centres situated at Ikeja, Yaba n Ikoyi. One thing is good to note though, they charge based on there vicinity, you should know what I mean. Ikeja charges based on durations. When you enroll for a regular program, that's Mondays - Fridays (8am - 1pm), the fees now is N30 000 and it covers for materials & registration. Three times in a every week costs about N17 to 19 000. While, a day class in a week (that should be on Saturdays) costs about N5 to 9 000. Please note, these charges covers the duration of your program which runs for like 3weeks.

Keep in touch!

C'est Nnanna
Au revoir.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by Nnanna1: 10:48am On Jul 29, 2010
Adamiracle, here in lagos there's basically 3 AF's centres situated at Ikeja, Yaba n Ikoyi. One thing is good to note though, they charge based on there vicinity, you should know what I mean. Ikeja charges based on durations. When you enroll for a regular program, that's Mondays - Fridays (8am - 1pm), the fees now is N30 000 and it covers for materials & registration. Three times in a every week costs about N17 to 19 000. While, a day class in a week (that should be on Saturdays) costs about N5 to 9 000. Please note, these charges covers the duration of your program which runs for like 3weeks.

Keep in touch!

C'est Nnanna
Au revoir.
Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by Nnanna1: 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2010
Friends, I will speak english for the sake of those that are yet to understand French well. The aim of French is for you to be able to speak while you know as well to write. And to know how to speak, you have to get use to listening to the language because the more you listen the easy it becomes. For me, I'm no more afraid of french.

Now, to help yourself, you need this AUDIO MATERIAL. It's everything you need to know in French language learning. It's not just French but it is English guided. For example, if you want to say: 'I would like to eat the same thing' it gives you: 'Je voudrais manger la meme chose'.

It is self explanatory. French made easy: it's a 436MB size Audio Material of 82hrs playing time. It's all electronically formated and can play on your Laptops, Compact Disc, DVD's, MP3's, iPod's and lots of them. It's in downloadable form.

With it, you can learn how to speak French with entering a class room.

It will only cost you #10, 000 (Ten Thousand Naria Only) for a pack. Contact me on: +234 706 324 4200.

Bonnee Journee!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Diploma At 'French Village' In Badagry? by floxyrangy: 3:33pm On Oct 29, 2010
What's the fees for the Abuja centre? Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt / University Of Abuja Admission List: / FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.