Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate (88808 Views)

Young Boy Dies After Being Bitten By Snake In A Primary School In Delta. Photos / 50 Hospitalised After Eating Cow Bitten By Snake In South Africa / 9-Year-Old Girl Bitten To Death By A Cobra On Her Bed In Thailand (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by frowland(m): 11:49am On Nov 22, 2021
Labadi69:

You think you sound smart but you sound very dull. Houses built in swampy places or places close to where snakes and other reptiles are found are at risk of accidents like this. Snakes and rats are adventurous. They will just creep into the soak away and pipes and get lost and keep creeping until they find an outlet to emerge from. Stop yearning okpata with so much confidence angry

Sometimes people like you jump into discussion completely ignorant and naive.
I don't resort to insults in discuss places. I just told you an instance where snakes find themselves trapped in a hole. That does not mean there are not other instances out there.
Some 11 yrs ago as a tenant, I woke up to ease myself and saw a huge toad inside the WC. I suppose I was also living in a swamp right??

Something obvious was at play; the toad was trapped in the manhole because the property was initially abandoned and then resold.

The above posted event happened at Abuja few days ago, So Mr. lecturer, I guess there is swamp in Abuja too right??
Smart indeed.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Mummyfour(f): 11:54am On Nov 22, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Snake bite in the yansh can be tricky, how do one suck out the venom?
shocked shocked
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Nomorelove: 11:57am On Nov 22, 2021
nwanyiugbo122:
So unfortunate. I'm always in the habit of checking WC, before using it,even my shoes self I will always check inside before I put my legs. Let's be cautious please.
Lol. That shoe own dey necessary o. I do that everytime before I hear story that touch.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Oju4190: 11:58am On Nov 22, 2021
Labadi69:

E be like say your brain dey on break time when you dey type this none sense. So you think the odour of cabbage will survive inside soak away with all types of strong yamayama shit inside? Besides, if snake enter soak away and then WC, do you think it is intentionally staying there or it got lost? What type of human beings do we have on this Nairaland? angry
E ya....na true he b like say my brain true true dey for break time....Abeg make Una nor vex I mean to say carbid.....na nite school I go
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by matm: 12:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
snake,bit someone on the anus? God forbid!
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Oju4190: 12:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
Rayd502:

Cabbage or Carbide?
sorry carbide

2 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by ediko5(m): 12:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
Grandmeister:

You still don't get it do you? You can't exterminate all snakes..man has been trying since time immemorial. If we had a preservation culture that lady would have survived because the antivenom which is gotten from a living snake would be readily available! If there are 100 snakes and you managed to kill 99 in the environment and you get bitten by just that remaining one how will you get the antivenom to save your life??

Good idea, let's get as many antivenom as we can, store 'em up and kill as many serpents as we can. I hate serpents.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by segunelijah01: 12:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
No Country, no State, no City, no LG, no Village is safe, in Christ Jesus is true safety. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Maobichek: 12:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
mysticwarrior:
What a tragic way to die, the young lady was too probably very pressed and needed to ease herself that she didn't bother to check. Chai imagine a forest cobra biting somebody on the buttocks.

It's a painful death. Such a neat and wonderful toilet, i wonder how a snake will find her way into the toilet seat.

1 Like

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by phazotron(m): 12:12pm On Nov 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Thinking about it is scary as Bleep shocked

The Forest Cobra is one of the longest venomous snake, longest Cobra and one of the longest snake in the world.

Second longest after the king cobra
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Chidexsco8448(m): 12:13pm On Nov 22, 2021
Quiet pathetic! Imagine being inside d comfort of ur home when d unexpected happens.. shocked

May God save us n we need to be more careful dis time around
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Yoighaman(m): 12:15pm On Nov 22, 2021
infogeneral:
People should not just jump into conclusion that it was an strayed snake.
Try and read the article below, you'll understand that there may be some questions to ask.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/20/india/india-snake-cobra-murder-intl-hnk-dst/index.html

I just read the article and it's worth the read. That Kumar guy is a devil, may he rot in jail; why not just let the lady go if you know you are tired and can't live with her any longer, this is so sad.

We have many Nigerians in India, they shouldn't bring this murder tactics to Nigeria please.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by successsurvivor(m): 12:18pm On Nov 22, 2021
TRAVEL ABROAD: WE HAVE WORK, RESIDENT, TOURIST AND STUDY VISAS (kindly go through the entire list).

DIVAS AND DIVOS TRAVEL AND TOURS.

LOCATED IN HOPE ESTATE OKOTA AGO PALACE WAY LAGOS, NIGERIA. PHONE/WHATSAPP (+2349053018826 (Whatsapp) , 07087656675 (For calls)

FEELANCE MARKETERS NEEDED: PAYMENT LUCRATIVE (50,000 NAIRA FOR EACH SALE MADE, YOU CAN MARKET ONLINE OR OFF LINE).

(PRICES ARE ALL IN NIGERIAN NAIRA)

TOURIST VISAS

SOUTH AFRICA: 1, 2 or 3 months, tourist visa, 600,000, deposit 400,000, requirements are international passport, 4 passport photographs (two coloured & two white background passport photograph), 1 to 2 months for releasal.

DUBIA: 800k for 1, 2 or 3 months tourist visa, deposit 500,000, requirements are international passport, 4 passport photographs of two coloured & two white backgrounds, within one month to be issued. 2 weeks visa is 400,000, deposit 250,000, comes out within a week.

KENYA: 1, 2, or 3 months tourist Visa Available for 500,000, deposit 350,000. Requirements are international passport, 4 passport photographs (two coloured & two white background passport photographs). It comes out in 1or 2 months.

MACEDONIA: GET THREE (3) MONTHS TOURIST VISA TO MACEDONIA WITHIN (cool WEEKS FOR JUST 1.2m. Deposit 550,000. Requirements are; YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT, ONE (1) PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH (WHITE BACKGROUND.

SCHENGEN VISA: Either one or three months visa 2m. Tourist visa, deposit 800k, requirements are international passport, 4 passport photographs (two coloured & two white background passport photograph), visa out in 2 to 3 months, no interview, just submission.

BAHAMAS: GET THREE (3) MONTHS VISA TO BAHAMAS WITH IN TWO (2) MONTHS OF PROCESSING FOR JUST 1.1m per person DEPOSIT IS 600k.Requirements are; International passport, Passport photograph white background

Turkey: Turkey non appearance 1, 2, 3months Visa available for 1,550,000, deposit of 800k. International passport and processing takes 2 OR 3 months. Requirements: International passport, 2 passport photography, one with white background and the second one taking on suits with Blue background.

QATAR: 1,050,000m naira for 3 months tourist Evisa, deposit 450,000, requirements are international passport, 4 passport photographs of two coloured & two white backgrounds, processing is within 7 working days.

TRAVEL ABROAD TO GIBRALTAR FOR TOURISM/WORK (OUR CONTACT IN GIBRALTER WOULD HELP YOU GET A NON – WORKING VISA JOB, AND HELP WITH FUTURE CONVERSION OF YOUR TOURIST VISA TO A WORK VISA. NOTE, IT IS A TOURIST E - VISA YOU ARE GETTING), (Presently Open to international Travelers Despite Pandemic, 0 deaths recorded)

GIBRALTAR:

GIBRALTAR: 90 days tourist E - visa, 1,150,000 million Nigerian Naira, deposit 550,000 naira, requirements are international passport, 4 passport photographs/MUST be taken with corporate outfit (two coloured & two white background passport photograph), visa out between two to three months. No medicals, Non – Appearance. Serious Clients only, 100% Guaranteed.

Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory, close to United Kingdom. Located at the bottom of Spain on the narrow gap between Europe and Africa. It has a population of just 32,000 people; but it has huge strategic Importance.

WORK VISA WITH INSTANT EMPLOYMENT, ACCOMMODATION AND ONE WAY FLIGHT TICKET IN TOTAL PACKAGE

BAHAMAS: GET TWO YEARS WORKING VISA, ONE WAY FLIGHT TICKET, ACCOMMODATION AND JOBS IN HOTEL AND SUPERMARKET (SALARY IS $15 PER HOUR) TO BAHAMAS WITHIN THREE (3) MONTHS OF PROCESSING FOR JUST 2.9m per person. DEPOSIT IS 800k.Requirements are; International passport, 2 Passport photograph white background. 100% GUARANTEED, LIMITED OPENINGS.

WORK VISAS WITH NO INSTANT EMPLOYMENT OR FLIGHT TICKET IN TOTAL PACKAGE

Slovakia, Estonia, Hungry or Poland

Type of visa: Work permit
Slovakia, Estonia, Hungry and Poland
Duration of visa:  1year
Processing fee: 2.9m for
Deposit is 800k each
Requirements: international pa
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by redsun(m): 12:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
She most probably would have seen the snake if there was electricity to shine light in the toilet. She most likely made her way to the toilet in the dark as usual. Also if there was a drive for venom collection in the country, there would have been a nearby hospital that has potent anti-venom that could have saved her life.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by billyG(m): 12:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
The snake broke d rule should just have tickle not bite!
Warning: Block any vent hole in your septic tank,use net to cover vertical vent.snake enter d septic tank via d block space & find it way
up d WC.
Rest in peace.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Kubernetes: 12:29pm On Nov 22, 2021
1. Always look carefully at the toilet when about to sit on the toilet seat.
2. You should once in a while poor 2 or 3 cups of salt in the toilet as this will kill any any snake or it eggs inside the chamber or soakaway.
3. Always inspect the soakaway. Make sure its devoid of wholes or leaks around it.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Pinkyposh(f): 12:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
frowland:

I will answer this question.
You see, there are times people build houses and abandon it for few months due to lack of funds or some unforseen circumstances.
That man-hole are best places for rat, frogs and snakes to hide from construction workers.
Problem starts when construction starts and this reptiles are trapped in those pipes.
It will just be a matter of time before they make their way to exit channel which only is the water system as all other holes like the kitchen sink and bathtubs are closed from the top.
Reptiles can survive a year without food, so they can stay in that manhole as long as possible until they see an exit point.
It's not just snakes that emerge from these toilets spaces but amphibians like frogs and toads, lizards and so fort.
Those upstairs are usually lucky, as the reptiles can't navigate the smooth height of a pipe.
Whaoo, that's scary
Thanks for taking your time to explain �

2 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 22, 2021
phazotron:

Second longest after the king cobra
The King Cobra is not a True Cobra
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by pussymonger1: 12:41pm On Nov 22, 2021
LALA FOOD NO LONG CAP . NIGGA GOT PASSION FOR SNAKES . U GOTTA GET YOURSELF A SNAKE FARM . GIVE IT A THOUGHT BRO . NO LONG CAP , NO FUGACCI cool cool cool cool

CC. LALASTICALA

1 Like

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Hyphy(m): 12:42pm On Nov 22, 2021
cry
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by BigYash: 12:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
Oju4190:
I used to put a pinch of carbad into my WC and fluch once a why.... With dat snake cannot hide inside it.....The odour of the cabbad is very irritating to snake that will what to habitat in the soakaaway.....Used to do it Twice or thrice a month.....Do this and thank me later.....A pinch oooo, nor go put many make Ur soakaaway nor go explode oooo
grin as I see this news,Na sniper I wan go buy so.. God forbid bad thing..
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by IbileIfe: 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2021
First Aid and Treatment for Dangerous Snake Bites

If a venomous snake bites you, call your local emergency number immediately, especially if the bitten area changes color, begins to swell or is painful.
Many emergency rooms stock antivenom drugs, which may help you.

If possible, take these steps while waiting for medical help:

Move beyond the snake's striking distance.
Remain still and calm to help slow the spread of venom.
Remove jewelry and tight clothing before you start to swell.
Position yourself, if possible, so that the bite is at or below the level of your heart.
Clean the wound with soap and water. Cover it with a clean, dry dressing.
Caution
Don't use a tourniquet or apply ice.
Don't cut the wound or attempt to remove the venom.
Don't drink caffeine or alcohol, which could speed your body's absorption of venom.
Don't try to capture the snake. Try to remember its color and shape so that you can describe it, which will help in your treatment. If you have a smartphone with you and it won't delay your getting help, take a picture of the snake from a safe distance to help with identification.

Most snakebites occur on the extremities. Typical symptoms of the bite from a nonvenomous snake are pain and scratches at the site.

Usually, after a bite from a venomous snake, there is severe burning pain at the site within 15 to 30 minutes. This can progress to swelling and bruising at the wound and all the way up the arm or leg. Other signs and symptoms include nausea, labored breathing and a general sense of weakness, as well as an odd taste in the mouth.

Some snakes, such as coral snakes, have toxins that cause neurological symptoms, such as skin tingling, difficulty speaking and weakness.

Sometimes, a venomous snake can bite without injecting venom. The result of these "dry bites" is irritation at the site.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by joshuaidibia(m): 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

How many people check inside the closet before peeing esp in a dark night when there is no light. She was just unlucky

There's one device that shines light whenever you step into your bathroom. The light changes colours, my wife got it from AliExpress, it's very cheap. You can buy as many as you want and fix in all the bathrooms. And sometimes it's good to flush first before we sit down

3 Likes

Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by petitejolie(f): 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2021
And no be say the toilet dirty o. Ahhh life
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Polynek(m): 1:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
Wat a painful way to die cry
RIP WOMAN
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Icon79(m): 1:30pm On Nov 22, 2021
So are the Yoruba people still going to eat this one wet dem kill inside toilet as well?

It’s, pepper soup crew, mek una gather, snake pepper soup don land. And na meat galore.

O pari

SEO2002:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y8EubYaj4Y

A Nigerian lady in Abuja has been reportedly bitten and killed by a snake that hid in her WC. The snake bit her as she bent to urinate. We should be cautious of our homes and environment. Link to the video of the snake being pulled out below.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CWjc1RVDToN/?utm_medium=copy_link
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by redsun(m): 1:42pm On Nov 22, 2021
Maobichek:

It's a painful death. Such a neat and wonderful toilet, I wonder how a snake will find her way into the toilet seat.

Through the pipes and crevices. And rats could have been its attraction to a house. They hunt rodents to survive, not humans. Humans that get bitten by snakes are the ones that make the wrong steps at the wrong time.

The only known aggressive snake that tends to attend humans without much provocation is a black mamba and luckily they are more or endangered in Nigeria.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by AlphaStyles(m): 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2021
CHAI
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Maobichek: 1:56pm On Nov 22, 2021
redsun:

Through the pipes and crevices. And rats could have been its attraction to a house. They hunt rodents to survive, not humans. Humans that get bitten by snakes are the ones that make the wrong steps at the wrong time.

The only known aggressive snake that tends to attend humans without much provocation is a black mamba and luckily they are more or endangered in Nigeria.

Can a snake live in a toilet sokaway through which it can enter the toilet via toilet pipes? All sokaways are well covered with blocks/cement, how can a snake survive there? I asked because the toilet i saw in this thread is not village toilet but well equipped/morden toilet.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Intersexxsherry(f): 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
shantti:
I wonder why someone will see a snake, catch it and then set it free into the forest. LIKE WHAT THE HELL. It pains me when i see all this snake activists saying that snakes are an endangered species. Of what use are snakes to mankind, of what use are snakes to the Eco system, don't tell me they help in keeping the rat population in check, cats can do that too. I support the killing of all snakes on Earth, I hate those damn creatures.
#killAllSnakesOnEarth
All animals God made have a purpose, Snakes also play an important role in the ecosystem. The main reason the Snake bit her cause it was felt disturbed, threatened.. Unfortunately the woman never saw a snake was hidden then and of course the snake felt the woman has come to kill it and attacked.
Its so sad we don't keep Snake Antivenom for our protection in case of situation like this. Even many hospitals don't have Antivenom for Snake bites.
Re: Lady Bitten To Death By Snake In Abuja As She Sat To Urinate by Intersexxsherry(f): 2:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
Maobichek:

Can a snake live in a toilet sokaway through which it can enter the toilet via toilet pipes? All sokaways are well covered with blocks/cement, how can a snake survive there? I asked because the toilet i saw in this thread is not village toilet but well equipped/morden toilet.
They mostly enter through broken pipes or holes under.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Suspected Ebola Victim In Victoria Island Lagos (Pictures) / US Approves Chloroquine For Treating Coronavirus / Mentally Unstable Lady In Skimpy Outfit Causes A Scene In Owerri. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.