Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? (61223 Views)

Used Camry 2007 Vs Used Corolla 2004 Vs Landed EOD 2005 Vslanded Big Daddy 2004 / Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? / Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:07am On Nov 24, 2021
Adekunlebright:

Look @ dis one, I'm speaking from wat u experienced.
Honda is very frustrating especially in a dis useless Nigeria roads. If u know you know.
na something else dey frustrate u,no be honda.check well

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by NairaMaster1(m): 9:58am On Nov 24, 2021
Presegs:

Look deep! !!

Their choice is not mainly about saving money, there are far more to it than that.

Besides, the update is pointed to individuals and NOT bodies like the ones you mentioned which have many individuals with different choices.

Good luck to you.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Presegs(m): 9:59am On Nov 24, 2021
NairaMaster1:

Good luck to you.

Amen and thanks! !!

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by evansjeff(m): 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
skywalker240:

Thanks for this Sir

The Civic goes for 650k the Corolla is 1.4m

What do you think about the great difference between the prices? Is there something sinister about it?

Abeg, where can I get a corolla like this for that amount?
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by babyboy4every1: 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
NairaMaster1:

What's this one saying. How many multinationals use Honda as official car? Even the almighty WHO and UNICEF use Toyota. Government and security agents use Toyota. What do think is the reason?
Is that your yardstick to measure good cars.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by babyboy4every1: 5:11pm On Nov 24, 2021
NairaMaster1:

Kikikikikiki, that's because a JJC needs a car that suits his budget. Ask WHO, UNICEF and diplomatic missions while they use Toyota. Ask your government and security agents also.
Nigeria mentality for you. Besides, you won't see only Toyota with governments convoy. There are even Kia, hyandia, Honda, Acura etc.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by babyboy4every1: 5:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
NairaMaster1:

Go and find out from WHO, UNICEF, red cross et al while they use Toyota. A wise man, no matter how rich hates waste. It's only fools that love waste.
And to you, volkswagen, BMW, benz, chevolet, Audi, Acura etc are all waste of money. Go drive only Honda accord 016, you will bow not to talk of Acura of same year. I don't think you ve driven any BMW or benzema too. You are wasting your time with that crap

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by babyboy4every1: 5:20pm On Nov 24, 2021
TuCloz:
You are not an Uber driver, so your emphasis is more on luxury. But when we talk of the dynamics of the job, cost of maintenance, fuel economy, etc, no go dere.
In terms of those parameters, civic is not far behind Sha, but Corolla any day
I said he has made profit already. That means I am talking from commercial point of view.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by skywalker240(m): 6:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
evansjeff:

Abeg, where can I get a corolla like this for that amount?
It's a Nigerian used
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by NairaMaster1(m): 6:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
babyboy4every1:

And to you, volkswagen, BMW, benz, chevolet, Audi, Acura etc are all waste of money. Go drive only Honda accord 016, you will bow not to talk of Acura of same year. I don't think you ve driven any BMW or benzema too. You are wasting your time with that crap

Mr Driver we are talking about a 2004 civic.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by NairaMaster1(m): 6:17pm On Nov 24, 2021
babyboy4every1:

And who owns one, and not drivers.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by NairaMaster1(m): 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
babyboy4every1:

Nigeria mentality for you. Besides, you won't see only Toyota with governments convoy. There are even Kia, hyandia, Honda, Acura etc.

Then you American.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by NairaMaster1(m): 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
babyboy4every1:

Is that your yardstick to measure good cars.

Mr mechanic tell us your own.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by evansjeff(m): 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
skywalker240:

It's a Nigerian used
Doesn’t matter, as far as it’s clean
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Adekunlebright(m): 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
Oga, Honda and Toyota no be mate. Go rest.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:35am On Nov 25, 2021
Adekunlebright:

Oga, Honda and Toyota no be mate. Go rest.
true dem no be mate.honda rocks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by babyboy4every1: 5:43pm On Nov 25, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
Don't even mind him jare. No be Honda de dry drive so. Hearing it for the first time that Honda frustrates someone when driven

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by babyboy4every1: 5:50pm On Nov 25, 2021
NairaMaster1:

Mr know all, is it 2004 that government convoy uses. Or are you not the one mentioning corporate bodies and government convoy. Na only Toyota corolla 04 dey are using

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Jojopikin85: 6:54pm On Nov 25, 2021
skywalker240:
Good Morning great gurus,

Please am currently trying to get a car as am planning to start Bolt or Uber as a side hustle, by the special grace of God, but that's not why i created this thread.

I just want to know which is reliable, durable, that can withstand pressure (on the engine) in short better overall between the two cars, personally I have read alot of reviews here from you guys on the both ride, and I am considering getting the Civic, but my friends keep telling me Corolla is the best worldwide grin but then I reply them that the Honda is cheaper and even more beautiful, but they're not trusting the cheap price, some even mock me jokingly that na who no get money de tok say beer no sweet (what is it with the average Nigerian and Toyota sef undecided )

Truth be told, am a bit suspecting and having reservation's for the price of the Honda Civic

Frankly to be honest, am a novice when it comes to auto's

I just want a wider view on both and possibly the advantages one have over the other

Note the Honda is a manual transmission while the Corolla is auto

So I bring my case to the legends over here, what's your take?

Cost o parts replacement

Fuel economy

How rugged they are

How easy for mechanic to work on

Resale value
Thanks
Toyota any day any time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by NairaMaster1(m): 9:31am On Nov 26, 2021
babyboy4every1:

Mr know all, is it 2004 that government convoy uses. Or are you not the one mentioning corporate bodies and government convoy. Na only Toyota corolla 04 dey are using

Good Luck Mr Honda. No insult.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2021
babyboy4every1:

I said he has made profit already. That means I am talking from commercial point of view.
And what gives you the impression that he won't make [more] profit using a Corolla? If you read my writeup well, you will see that I acknowledged there are options, but that to get make the most of the hustle, Corolla is his best bet. And I still maintain that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by udemzyudex(m): 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2021
benalvino3:
if you don't want your front tyre to pull out don't buy the honda

Honda civic?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by babyboy4every1: 4:25pm On Nov 27, 2021
TuCloz:
And what gives you the impression that he won't make [more] profit using a Corolla? If you read my writeup well, you will see that I acknowledged there are options, but that to get make the most of the hustle, Corolla is his best bet. And I still maintain that
I didn't say he wont make profit using corolla. What I meant is that, he would have made his profit 2x before a corolla recoup his investment. It's a simple logic sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by adanny01(m): 5:25pm On Nov 27, 2021
kaymart:

The diff is much.
52 (2.2L engine/Camry) -40l (1.8L corolla) = 12Litre diff....
That's a lot in my opinion for the same journey

This is absolutely incorrect. 40L vs 12L for same journey? Even a w12 engine will not get that difference for same journey unless the fuel is leaking from tank to ground.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by kaymart: 9:07pm On Nov 27, 2021
adanny01:

This is absolutely incorrect. 40L vs 12L for same journey? Even a w12 engine will not get that difference for same journey unless the fuel is leaking from tank to ground.
I guess u misunderstood the discussion.
I asked a question and someone gave me his view.pls read through earlier discussion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by skywalker240(m): 9:19am On Dec 02, 2021
Lavisha:

Oh Skyyy, but you wanted my Accord na?!

Anyways, I'm a Honda fan but I must admit Corolla is the winner here..
When it comes to Ruggedity, fuel economy, handling and resale value, Corolla is it.

However, the Civic is in its own class..

It's Cheaper to buy, Cheap to maintain, fuel economy is super, handles better than Corolla, easy to fix and better engine build.

Both cars are good for Uber.
If money is not a problem, go for Corolla else Civic is it.

However Corolla is a thief Magnet, 8 out of ten are stolen vehicle.

Corolla 8/10.

Civic. 7/10.

Am still open if you willing to sell Ma grin

Aside both mentioned car's, am still open to a wide range afterall your discussion continue is also of Uber standard quality

If you're ready ma'am, mention me cool
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Lavisha(f): 1:31pm On Dec 02, 2021
skywalker240:

Am still open if you willing to sell Ma grin

Aside both mentioned car's, am still open to a wide range afterall your discussion continue is also of Uber standard quality

If you're ready ma'am, mention me cool

Yeah, DC is a Uber standard but more luxurious than the overrated Corolla.

I hope to upgrade in Dec tho, cos I'll be traveling to Lagos for Christmas and New year.
I'm looking at a situation where I can add cash to get a 2010 Accord.
I really hope to get such deal and if not I definitely continue with my SuperDC.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Lavisha(f): 1:33pm On Dec 02, 2021
Adekunlebright:

Look @ dis one, I'm speaking from wat u experienced.
Honda is very frustrating especially in a dis useless Nigeria roads. If u know you know.

Lie Kee you there..

Na Buhari dey frustrate you, no be Honda.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by adubam(m): 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2021
kaymart:

I guess u misunderstood the discussion.
I asked a question and someone gave me his view.pls read through earlier discussion.

No mind that aboki.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by skywalker240(m): 9:37am On Dec 03, 2021
Lavisha:

Yeah, DC is a Uber standard but more luxurious than the overrated Corolla.

I hope to upgrade in Dec tho, cos I'll be traveling to Lagos for Christmas and New year.
I'm looking at a situation where I can add cash to get a 2010 Accord.
I really hope to get such deal and if not I definitely continue with my SuperDC.
Okay Ma'am, you can keep me posted
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Themi06: 6:49am On Dec 05, 2021
Presegs:

Exactly what I told one of my clients in Calabar late last month who wanted to buy corolla for uber business. I ended up sourcing for grade A tokunbo standard Nigerian used car for him in Lagos and Abuja. I eventually got grade A Nigerian used Honda civic 2008 for him in Abuja, which I sold for N1.4M(my profit inclusive). I delivered it to him in Calabar early this month; he is pleased and enjoying it.
please how do i carry out check to ensure that the Nigeria use car i want to buy is grade A. Although I'm buying from my friend's father i still want to ensure i don't buy what i will regret
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by ImportBoss: 12:14am On Dec 14, 2021
Kindly send me your number or chat me up 07061342822

majorbravo:
I have the Honda Civic(2002 automatic sports version) for sale. Fully pimped sports version with:
Angel eye projector headlights
DVD
Reverse Camera compatible
Woofer + Amp
Contact me on WhatsApp for more details

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Abandoned Bentley Gt Spotted In Lagos (pic) / Man Chains His Lexus SUV To His Gate In Onitsha / Car Door Handle Sticker Trends In Nigeria (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.