Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million (37254 Views)

No Connection, No FG Job / Can You Accept A FG Job As An SSCE Holder When You Have An HND? / Graduate Without A Job? How To Create A Job From Home (secrets) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by AbdulHakeem44(m): 5:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
Lordswazz:

A country that runs on such a level of corruption as though it’s oxygen or petrol can go nowhere but down, and this isn’t me being pessimistic; I’m just saying it the way it is. No person, organisation, or country can cheat their way into greatness.

How can you have so many unproductive and underproductive people “sorting” their way into unmerited positions across all levels of government and drawing monthly salaries from government coffers and still expect greatness as a nation? That’s like the robbery of the national treasury by most government workers.

The saddest part of it is that,only politicians take the blame!!
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by seyz91(m): 5:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
Its really deep and can never be corrected unless world end and start all over maybe
sageb:

This country shaa
Corruption everywhere
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by naijaman2225(m): 5:43pm On Nov 24, 2021
arthurwillia:

This is like my story now
I’m so so depressed right now man
I need a job sha
DON'T BE OVERLY DEPRESSED BRO. TRY AND KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND CONTINUE PUSHING. THE GOOD LORD WILL SEE YOU THROUGH.
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by drealcivilceno(m): 5:56pm On Nov 24, 2021
southniyikaye:
Right now I feel like sharing my June 2020 to October 2021 story but nairalanders go sharperly say it's either dem swear for me or I no get sense or I get bad luck but one great lesson I learnt is, learn to keep your mouth shut and resist the urge to shalaye..
Under a year, I went from begging on nairaland to making more than 2million and back to zero balance again..
But we move.
We must learn a lesson...
We must keep moving till we succeed..
It was a hell of an experience..
If i was asked if I regret my decisions? The answer will be yes and no.. Am way past being depressed even though the situation almost took my life, I go heaven come back but here we are, lesson learnt, eye is totally opened and ideas full ground, na just blessing of God I dey wait for to proceed

Oga let me ask you something.

Bet9ja abi sportybet...
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by asobo1: 5:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
fabregas04:
i know a frnd who was into laundry when he couldn't secure a job. somehow he got d FIRS job in mid 2019 with juicy posting(name withheld). by early 2020(about 10months into d job) my guy don buy 2011 big Sienna. he told me how they were just receiving regular alerts(not salary o) during lockdown. bros, that FIRS job no be here o.
Okay. Some people are doubting the writers experience. Things are happening in this country oooh

2 Likes

Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by azikiweironsi(m): 6:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
OP I feel for you. That's exactly what is going on in Nigeria. Nowadays, employment to the Federal government work is not by merit but by who is who. Documentation for recruitment is done over the weekend. Most of the new recruits are from the Senators, Permanent Secretaries, House of Representative members etc... These House of Assembly members used this as their own kick backs for budget defence, they don't take money as before but to ask how many candidates would the agency allotted to them for easy passage of their budget. That is their mode of operandi.

1 Like

Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by Geeman2006: 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
gentiles:
7m naira? I am sure the person your name was replaced with is a Northerner. This country is finished.

Whoever paid 7m for a govt job I will say is a Dunce and probably overcharged. I doubt 7m was paid.
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by Nicklaus619(m): 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
joeking2222:

What a big win bro!!! D disappointment was jst like a blessing in disguise.......assuming dem finally gv u d offer back den, u might not even think of having this ur wonderful company today. More blessings bro!!! Sir....,Abeg, if vacancy dey ur company, i dey find work o!!!

Lol, my baby company is just on the embryo stage, but I will sure quote you if you are in Abuja should anything pops up

1 Like

Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by Nicklaus619(m): 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
reubenobi:
is the lady still with you?

yes bro, officially saying I do to her next year, she's everything to me.
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by Sttk: 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
Really
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by gulfer: 6:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
blaqtom:

That prayer should be for those that sold it... M sure they were not informed they were buying someones slot...so remove the buyer from your prayers if den tell u today say make u bring .money to buy slot u nor go rush go pay ?
Have you heard of something called karma grin grin grin
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by Nicklaus619(m): 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

I'm happy you bounced back. Sir, I didnt even bother to look for job after my educational. I dropped the certs and started hustling. Those who lost their jobs cos covid 19 has changed everything are seriously suffering. Bug hustlers like me...we mooovvvveeeee!

I dont know why people who know they arent connected always go for FG or states jobs when there are jobs online. I mean, whoever does not get job now is not up to date. It's as simple as it is. This is the age of tech, and the jobs you are seeing now are already obsolete. So, why bother going for such.

I advise any young man to start hustling online for better jobs outside Naija. If you have to learn coding, go and do it and stop wasting time looking for one useless jobs that the "man knows man".

Nice one bro, I never knew this on time, I was busy wasting my time looking for job when God has placed me to be an employer of labour, and I wouldn't have ow this if I wasn't made to witness this disappointment first hand
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by Abrahamm(m): 6:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
Life...
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by reubenobi(m): 6:24pm On Nov 24, 2021
Nicklaus619:

yes bro, officially saying I do to her next year, she's everything to me.
Good, that's all i just wanted you to say. Such ladies are rare!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by Nicklaus619(m): 6:24pm On Nov 24, 2021
treatise:

How did you know the person paid 7 million naira? No serious establishment like FIRS or KPMG would employ an individual whose expressions are replete with syntactical errors. Well done.

That's because I am an extroverted love making new friends everywhere I go, I go so close with one of the interviewer, after the first day of interview, I later got his number of which I called him later just to show appreciation, he was so disappointed that this happened as he was the one that told me first hand how our names was replaced, he said he tried to stop it, but big men at the top refused

2 Likes

Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by Nicklaus619(m): 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2021
wizi4tyn:

Are you still with that your babe now?

Yes bro, taking her to the alter next year

1 Like

Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by iTearHerToto: 6:26pm On Nov 24, 2021
southniyikaye:
Right now I feel like sharing my June 2020 to October 2021 story but nairalanders go sharperly say it's either dem swear for me or I no get sense or I get bad luck but one great lesson I learnt is, learn to keep your mouth shut and resist the urge to shalaye..
Under a year, I went from begging on nairaland to making more than 2million and back to zero balance again..
But we move.
We must learn a lesson...
We must keep moving till we succeed..
It was a hell of an experience..
If i was asked if I regret my decisions? The answer will be yes and no.. Am way past being depressed even though the situation almost took my life, I go heaven come back but here we are, lesson learnt, eye is totally opened and ideas full ground, na just blessing of God I dey wait for to proceed
Tell me the story undecided
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by JB4life: 6:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
Nicklaus619:
Giving Up In Life Is Never An Option, See This Personal Experience

Good day Nairalanders.
So I saw a thread that hit front page about ways of getting new jobs and I remembered this my personal experience and decided to share

I remembered applying for work at the federal Inland Revenue service here in Abuja, immediately after my service by the way i studied economics , so names was shortlisted for interview, we wrote the test and out of 15,000 candidates, though exams was scheduled separate days because of number of applicants , 50 was successfull and was short listed boom I checked and my name was number 18, my joy knew no bound, I didn't tell anyone as I wanted to take my people by surprise including my parents and siblings. cheesy
after that interview, they invited us for an oral interview.

I attended the interview and after the interview, 35 name was successful, I checked boom my name was number 12 on the list,
After the interview, we where all given breakdown of how the salary was like, omo, I see money tears dropped from my eyes, I was anticipating how to renovate my family house after working like for 6 months and changing my parents car as it was well deserved,

After the interview we where waiting for a mail to confirm our employment letter and posting, after waiting for 2 weeks no news, I went to the headquarters were we did our interview and was reliably informed that new recruit had resume work since, I made further inquiry and I was made to understand that the final interview was done on Sunday, and our names were replaced with people that lobbied,
I shouted, on Sunday, ?? Government work?? And we where never informed and
minimum of 7million naira was used to swap our names with the people that paid.

I find cry, I no see, cry I was depressed for almost 2 months, my babe will come and see me emantiating by the day as I refuse to eat, this girl will come to my house and cry from Morning till night begging me to eat, chai true love they shaa, love really shark her that year, but I bounced back to my feet and moved on.
And thank God, I am doing well for myself, and I pray that the Lord continues to shower me and everyone that refuse to give up blessings in abundance.

Most times when you see people contemplating suicide on the media, don't use it as a joke, encourage them not to commit suicide if u must comment, because most people vent their frustrations on the media waiting for validation, and believe me they do take anything said to them to heart 100%, unlike other people out there, I never contemplated suicide because I know I have got a thick skin and can survive the street, one of the advantages of being street smart, e never get wetin eye never see, so trolling and name calling and shaming on the internet don't move people like me, learn how to develop a thick skin in every situation like this. Most importantly don't ever wait for media validation in your personal life, what the media says don't mean nothing and won't affect you in anyway, know this and know peace

I hope someone learnt one or two things from my story.

I had similar experience way back in 2005 in FCT when El-rufai was minister of FCT.
They advertised and about 50,000 applied out of which about 10,000 were shortlisted and invited for written aptitude tests.
The exam was much more difficult than JAMB.
We wrote and when results were released,about 1400 passed,and in the llistof successful candidates,I was among the first 5 successful candidates out of the the list of 1400 successful candidates.
They invited us for professional exams in the fields of study,and I still passed very well.
The results of both the were all published in differentN dailies for the whole world to see.We were invited a third time for oral interaction and to show original certificates.After successfully participation in all the rounds of invitation,,they eventually offered the jobs to those who didn't even attend any of the series of written exams and interviews.
It remains dumbfounding for me till today.
So Nigeria problem of mago-mago for a long time ago!

May God have mercy on us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by snoopz: 6:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
not new, welcome to Nigeria, one happened to me in Lagos, I applied, did the exams well, only for me to get information that I failed then I asked my connects wey I think say Dem sure atleast we thought naso Dem dey Tell me say kings, house of reps, chairmen, politicians list Dy and they have to consider those list first...
all I know is one day one-day we go cashout
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by blaqtom(m): 6:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
gulfer:
Have you heard of something called karma grin grin grin
I understand u but those peeps paid for the slot with their hard earn money or probably borrowed fr different peeps they might not know they bought someone's slot make thunder fire the government official that sold it please spare the buyer...if I see slot to buy myself I will even OP self go buy if he has the money

2 Likes

Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by TruthUntold: 6:40pm On Nov 24, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:
when you get a govt job through link or bribe will call it connection, when others get it and we don't get it, we called it corruption

human are egoistic in nature but in Nigeria situation, injustice is just too much and that's why this country can never progress no matter how many prayers being prayed

injustice must be removed if you want progress in this country, let a son of nobody who know nobody get a job like everybody

This is the untold truth right here.
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by kingmsookwagh(m): 6:44pm On Nov 24, 2021
Like I also feel like sharing my EFCC detective superintendent exercise, where I got to the final interview and even answered bonus questions correctly. Mind you guys, I was literally the tallest and body mass index calculations got nothing on me then. So, it automatically means I was certified of good health status.
But at the end, na people wey no even come that interview, go airforce base kawo for training.
I consoled myself with the only word i've got--- GOD DEY!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by streetsoldier1(m): 6:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
Nicklaus619:
Giving Up In Life Is Never An Option, See This Personal Experience

Good day Nairalanders.
So I saw a thread that hit front page about ways of getting new jobs and I remembered this my personal experience and decided to share

I remembered applying for work at the federal Inland Revenue service here in Abuja, immediately after my service by the way i studied economics , so names was shortlisted for interview, we wrote the test and out of 15,000 candidates, though exams was scheduled separate days because of number of applicants , 50 was successfull and was short listed boom I checked and my name was number 18, my joy knew no bound, I didn't tell anyone as I wanted to take my people by surprise including my parents and siblings. cheesy
after that interview, they invited us for an oral interview.

I attended the interview and after the interview, 35 name was successful, I checked boom my name was number 12 on the list,
After the interview, we where all given breakdown of how the salary was like, omo, I see money tears dropped from my eyes, I was anticipating how to renovate my family house after working like for 6 months and changing my parents car as it was well deserved,

After the interview we where waiting for a mail to confirm our employment letter and posting, after waiting for 2 weeks no news, I went to the headquarters were we did our interview and was reliably informed that new recruit had resume work since, I made further inquiry and I was made to understand that the final interview was done on Sunday, and our names were replaced with people that lobbied,
I shouted, on Sunday, ?? Government work?? And we where never informed and
minimum of 7million naira was used to swap our names with the people that paid.

I find cry, I no see, cry I was depressed for almost 2 months, my babe will come and see me emantiating by the day as I refuse to eat, this girl will come to my house and cry from Morning till night begging me to eat, chai true love they shaa, love really shark her that year, but I bounced back to my feet and moved on.
And thank God, I am doing well for myself, and I pray that the Lord continues to shower me and everyone that refuse to give up blessings in abundance.

Most times when you see people contemplating suicide on the media, don't use it as a joke, encourage them not to commit suicide if u must comment, because most people vent their frustrations on the media waiting for validation, and believe me they do take anything said to them to heart 100%, unlike other people out there, I never contemplated suicide because I know I have got a thick skin and can survive the street, one of the advantages of being street smart, e never get wetin eye never see, so trolling and name calling and shaming on the internet don't move people like me, learn how to develop a thick skin in every situation like this. Most importantly don't ever wait for media validation in your personal life, what the media says don't mean nothing and won't affect you in anyway, know this and know peace

I hope someone learnt one or two things from my story.

pele, i can relate, my own na Mobil... as i dey read ur story i nearly dey cry cos i dey remember mine. Just straight from FUTA then, next was another company at Ilupeju, i wont mention name (Just after my Msc) a week long schedule of tests and interviews... 5 of us shortlisted, i was the only fresh grad, dem drop me, only to hear from an insider that my CV is intimidating say must i put everything i've learnt in the CV, that even their M.D no get pass Bsc. I just concluded that my village people get office for Lagos. grin

10 Likes

Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by anyilalaz: 6:56pm On Nov 24, 2021
Corruption at all government MDA's. This is exact reason why ministry of justice will have arrays of lawyer but will contract they job to outside firm as reported recently with huge commissions, NNPC will have thousands of engineers but will contract turn-around-maintenance, TAM to all refineries to another firm with enough money in dollars that will be enough to build new modular refinery, not even one liters of fuel is produce. Ajokuta steel company with thousand engineer without producing not even a bar of steel, same in other government agencies

1 Like

Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by gulfer: 6:57pm On Nov 24, 2021
blaqtom:

I understand u but those peeps paid for the slot with their hard earn money or probably borrowed fr different peeps they might not know they bought someone's slot make thunder fire the government official that sold it please spare the buyer...if I see slot to buy myself I will even OP self go buy if he has the money
So what I'm saying is that they've taken his position and consequently all that comes with it.... The wheels of the gods karma and justice grind slowly but surely cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by CountVersailles(f): 7:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
Lordswazz:

A country that runs on such a level of corruption as though it’s oxygen or petrol can go nowhere but down, and this isn’t me being pessimistic; I’m just saying it the way it is. No person, organisation, or country can cheat their way into greatness.

How can you have so many unproductive and underproductive people “sorting” their way into unmerited positions across all levels of government and drawing monthly salaries from government coffers and still expect greatness as a nation? That’s like the robbery of the national treasury by most government workers.
Your head just too correct
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by Isakazz: 7:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
FRSC 2018. Interview at Lagelu Grammar School, Ibadan. I saw things. Recruitment still fresh in my mind.
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by chaloskyx: 7:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
MY OWN ADVISE PAY 7.1M TO KNOCK OFF THE COMPETITION smiley
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by ShootThemAll(m): 7:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
Your name must have been replaced with one almajiri from the parasite region, that couldn't take the test or scale through interviews, patiently waiting for you to finish the most tedious parts. Nah them full FIRS.

Sorry bro. God is with you.

#BunchOfTerrorists
#EndNigeriaNowToSaveLives
#SouthUnite

3 Likes

Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 24, 2021
drealcivilceno:

Oga let me ask you something.

Bet9ja abi sportybet...
I don't gamble, it was a risk I took
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by RenaissanceGuy: 7:38pm On Nov 24, 2021
TheN1:

A staff told u this? You're a liar. How much is the annual salary that people will pay N7m.
Only foolish and gullible people will believe this trash. If we're talking Shell or Mobil I go hear.
Renovate house and buy car in 6 months. Is it not that same agency wey my cousin be dey work? Their salary is just average, slightly better than Ministry. Most of their young ambitious staff are leaving. Overrated piece of crap.
My very close friend works there and earns more than ₦250K per month. So what are you saying?
Re: FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million by Harrisonwo(m): 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2021
Just like the concluded NNPC recruitment that nobody heard anything about.
Wrote the CBT, passed, was called for the interview on Abuja. On the day of the interview, stayed till 9pm before it got to my turn. Interviewed by a 3-man team. Was happy that I did well.. waited for months for APL to no avail.
APL was rumoured to be out and yet I no hear or see anybody wey don get. Only one I heard was a guy on Poland who was given APL.. I come dey reason when e come back 9ja write CBT or did interview?
As God will have it, the Saturday (15th Feb 2020) I heard APL was out was the day I was already traveling to resume my current job. I am not where I want but am better than where I was. Once area level well come soft as I want na to Japa... This country isn't worth it with our current crop of stup*d and useless leaders

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Long After NYSC Did You Get A Job? / How I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja; Female Security Guard Reveals. PICS / Togolese Are Taking Away Our Jobs By Azuka Onwuka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.